Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking to play/willing to run..
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Aku
a sat evening (yea right) or sunday game, using openrpg and maptools, possibly just maptools if they've gotten some communication stuff better to facilitate full rp'ing. would much rather play, will forwarn, you'd be getting a GREEN GM if i ran it.... any interest?
clegrady
sr4?
tisoz
SR3?
Fortune
SR2?
Platinum
SR2!!
Aku
preferabbly 4, as i dont like trying to keep 2 systems in my poor brain at once. i could do 3, but see that word PREFER... yea, really really prefer
Kagetenshi
My advice: don't bother trying to keep two systems in your brain at once, just play SR3 smile.gif

If you're ever free on Thursday evenings you're free to check out whether or not you'd be interested in joining our group. Other than that, good luck searching.

~J
clegrady
go with 4 and im in
Aku
i wish i could commit being free on thurs. unfortunately my work days vary, so the only day i know for sure i have off, is sunday.

Clegrady, you willing to run it? or just play?
VivianDQ
I can make sundays, have to be a bit earlier though since I already have a game at night. Morning/midafternoon maybe. And I wouldn't mind running it, been wanting to start GM'ing an sr4 game. I would recommend openrpg, its simple, doesn't take alot of resources on your comp, and gets the job done.
Aku
umm, what openrpg have you been using lol, maptools is soooo much nicer.

and what time is the night game? i was thinking maybe 5/6ish, est
VivianDQ
I'm nominating openrpg simply because I know it, and its already on my computer. Two excellent reasons in its favor. I don't know maptools, and its not on my computer, +2 vs -2, its simple math.

My sunday night game is at 8:30 eastern so that would be cutting it a bit close. Maybe 3-4 ish to give cover for the late ones and incase we get a little overrun.
clegrady
Not sunday nights. I work from 4-12PM in Arizona's TImezone. The mornings would be fine.
Aku
hm, looks like we have 2 people willing to run, and 1 other really willing to gm.... anyone else? also not sure if vivian's new thread was a spinoff from this or not...
VivianDQ
Yeah thought we could use an official looking recruitment thread.
Aku
well, saince it looks like the "spin off" is now shooting for wed, this is back up and needed, again i willing to run it but would much rather be a player.
Buster
I'll play if it's SR4.
Aku
thats what i was going for, alas, it seems no one else is actually interested in playing sunday nights.
Fortune
I wouldn't mind giving this type of game a try (I have never used OpenRPG ... does it require a really fast connection speed?), but time zones are a real bitch.
Aku
well, my preferred way would be rptools/maptools, and from what i've seen it doesnt really require a highspeed connection, but it would be helpful. They're basically giant chat programs, with maps and die rolling built in. Check out the family of rptools at, well, rptools.net
Aku
i will run SR2...

ofcourse, the only rules i can play by are shaowrun 2nd edition:Genesis biggrin.gif
Fortune
I was joking with my 'SR2' comment. wink.gif

But I could play under those SEGA rules without too many problems. biggrin.gif
Aku
lets see, only cyber available.. smartlink, handspurs, (or are they razors?), data jack, wired reflexes bone lacing...

gear can only be bought in the payullup crime mall, and renraku arcology (unless theres other places i havent bothered to go to yet)...

so fortune, just what sort of time problem are we talking about?does evening sunday eastern us time foil things?
Fortune
QUOTE (Aku)
lets see, only cyber available.. smartlink, handspurs, (or are they razors?), data jack, wired reflexes bone lacing...

gear can only be bought in the payullup crime mall, and renraku arcology (unless theres other places i havent bothered to go to yet)...

Don't forget Muscle Replacement. And I think it was Plating, not Lacing, and you could get either Razors or Spurs (but not both) ... and there are lots of places to shop ... and lots of nice Johnsons with predefined specialties in easy-to-find places ...

... If you think about it, it wouldn't be too bad a rules-base for a quick-n-dirty game. biggrin.gif

so fortune, just what sort of time problem are we talking about?does evening sunday eastern us time foil things?

Well, my time zone is currently 14 hours ahead of US EST (it varies when our separate daylight savings times kick in/out).
Aku
so, we start at say, 6 pm my time, you're awake at 8 am monday morning to play, sounds great to me, why complain? biggrin.gif i'd also be willing to do it saturday evenings (though, looking more like 7, 8ish my time at that point) so you could be going sunday morning, if you've got a job, or something.

and yea, i loved those specialized johnsons... and being able to turn down any job you want and turn around and get a new, better job from the same guy biggrin.gif
Cursedsoul
Howdy. I'd like to play but unfortunately I tend to work until 11pm est on Saturdays and 10pm est on Sundays but that'll only be until the end of August as my college semester starts up bright n' early in September after which I'm completely free.

It also looks like I'm gonna be GMing an SR4 game at college too, so I dunno how that'll factor in. Don't think it'll prevent me from participating in this game at all. It'll be interesting because none of the people playing have ever done Tabletop RPing before and I've never GM'd, let alone played much at all.

Anyways, I digress. I'm basically a newbie when it comes to RPing due to lack of gaming shops and friends and an inability to get into a stable online game but I've got plenty of time far as I know.

So if you're willing to put up with that then I'd be more than happy to create a character and write up a background and whatnot, I just need the specifics.

Like I said, my weekend availability is going to be horrendous for about a month and then I'll have plenty of free time so it's your call.

Edit: Forgot to throw in my 0.02 nuyen.gif on SR Genesis. Gunderson runs + frameskip always did the trick for me. I forget which emulator it was but it had different levels of frameskip where one or two sped up the game but not to the point of being unable to keep up with it. Made earning karma early on SOOO much quicker and ESPECIALLY when working the matrix with the starter and mid-level decks.

And yeah, those specialized Johnsons were the way to go. Oh Caleb and your matrix runs. biggrin.gif Gotta get me them passcodes to them corps for the big bucks. If I remember correctly, there was a security files DS relatively easy to get to in the Aztechnology system that was a good source of nuyen. *sigh* Nostalgia. Speaking of which I'm also playing the SNES one right now too. grinbig.gif
Aku
i need ro get out and explore more of that game but i forget the name of the current johnson im running for, but he's in puyallup, and isnt doing too bad for me, rolling in the matrix 'yen fairly well.

As for late august.... i dont forsee that being a problem at this point, as you can tell, interest is getting hard to drum up for a game like this it seems. And if i end up gming (/sigh) i wont mind a newbie, as i'm pretty much a greenhorn as well, for all the same reasons you stated.
Cursedsoul
Vigore and Jarl would be them. They pay top notch but you get one less karma per each of their runs than if you did it with another Johnson. frown.gif

It certainly does seem that interest is minimal at best. Double frown.gif How many people do you think we'd actually need for a workable game?
Fortune
More than one! wink.gif
Cursedsoul
Hmm, I suppose that theoretically a GM could in fact, play by themselves with a bunch of GM PCs...it'd be an interesting sight to see. Hell, if your GM has split-personalities it could actually make for the world's most compact gaming group ever!

Only problem is getting all the voices in the same room all at once and stopping them from all talking at once... silly.gif
Aku
well, i'd try an scale to whatever we have, as few as two would work, i suppose, but i think, to have most bases covered, you'd need atleast, 3, imo. That covers the face, the sammy, and either matrix or magic. Although, for the game i'm considering running, if i end up being the GM, face skills may be slightly less needed, as i'm thinking of something more open style, where johnsons are less important than "normal" contacts, and news watching. I'd think a good range of knowledge skills would be helpful, and it'd be slightly lower powered than what some may be used too, but i'm a firm beleive in the "if you dont know what the frag you're doing, dont start out with an "epic" (from dnd) campaign.
Aku
im getting desperate, i need a fix at this point i'll come up with some sort of commando game if no one else is wiling to run and i've got one player lol...

edit i hope i fixed that before anyone else say my utter lack of spelling on a word....
Cursedsoul
Just don't let your Addiction (Tabletop Games) (Severe) get into the burnout phase or you might start losing essence. grinbig.gif

On the plus side it does earn you 20BP so if you play your cards right, you can haggle with the GM to let you pick Aptitude (Dice Rolling) and apply it to all your rolls. grinbig.gif
Aku
im thinking of calling a general meeting sometime this evening, probably either in maptools, or maybe just an aim convo, im not sure my openrpg works anymore, it's hung the past few times i've tried to update it
Buster
Do you have a character template you prefer? I'm finished with my character, I just have to type it out.
Aku
well, buster, that depends on if you're talking about my pseudo game thats in discussion still, or vivian's game thats sort of branched off, since it isnt compatible with the times i'd originally said i need to play.

or both, i dont mind the same numbers being used in to start with from one game to another, although a different mindset is always nice.
Cursedsoul
I should be able to be on all night if you're holding a general interest meeting. As far as I know maptool is working fine and dandy and I'm on AIM so either one works for me.
Aku
i'm on Veav I trying to do some recruiting right now, or you can im me on aim da herm 3610 (remove spaces) if you wanna drop me one
Cursedsoul
Will do. My AIM's MIDOJAL in case you (or anyone else for that matter wink.gif ) wanna chat, hit me with a cream pie, or slap me with a fish. Perhaps all three even.
Aku
got cursed really interested i think. i will run with one more person, sundays, starting anywhere from like 4-6 est, aiming sundays for right now. PLEASE someone show some more interest.
Aku
last call, got one player, would really appreciate another smile.gif
exSaint
Is there still an open spot?

I've played a few SR4 sessions, but that's as far as my Shadowrun resume goes. I've played a few games of D20M and i'm well versed in DND3 and 3.5.

I have a few characters already made, but have no problem making another if need be. I can make the Sunday game times.

Now, before you think "another random that just makes 1 post and disappears", I can assure you that won't be me. Since my taste, I've been looking to play another game ever since and most my normal group isn't particularly fond of of the game. A few of my friends are, but not enough to make it work.

Also, you'll have to tell me where I can download whatever client it is that you're using.

Oh, one last thing.. when you say "talk" do you mean with mic's? Or just a chat client?
Aku
i've got atleast 3 spots open still biggrin.gif

client wise, i think i'm going to go with maptools which can be found at rptools.net, we can spend one day fiddling around with it mostly if need be, it's been a while for me too.

and i prolly meant with a chat client, despite working on a phone for 10 hours a day, i really dont like moving my mouth and speaking.
exSaint
OK, I can handle that.

Any character build rules?
What character types are their already?
Aku
lets see, hopefully Mij chimes in if i screw anything up, but i beleive i said 350 pts for stats skills etc, with roughly 50 addtl earmarked for contacts, no higher than connection 3. and he's playing a spell slinger.
exSaint
Now, was your post (a page back) about the limited amount of cyber/bio ware in effect for this camp.? Or is than an SR2 thing?

and 50 for contacts?

any other restrictions?
Cursedsoul
There was an availability cap of 8 as well, but there's room for GM approval too.

Everything else is accurate. 50BP or so on contacts with 350 elsewhere and no connections higher than rating 3.
exSaint
How do you want us to get our charsheets to you? I don't have AIM.

MSN or email?
exSaint
Looking for GM Approval on:

Sound Suppresser (12F)
Frag Grenades (10F)
Cursedsoul
Oh yeah, I've got my history done Aku.

ExSaint, what kind of character are you gonna be playin' if you don't mind my askin'?

Also, it's good to have an RP veteran because I don't know my ass from my elbow when it comes to this stuff as I just haven't had the exposure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012