Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chamber of the Ages
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Aug 23 2007, 08:44 PM)
Legend Points to who ever can tell me which SR book Brom did a cover for besides Harlequin's Back.

None. Gimme my reward! (Proof)
Fortune
Prime Runners smile.gif
Ol' Scratch
Nope. That was done by his twin brother, Bram. "Brom" is just a typo.
Fortune
biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Right you are Fortune. 146 LP

Seems like a good an arbitrary number biggrin.gif
Fortune
Merci beaucoup. smile.gif
Fortune
Don't really have an IC post yet, so I'll put Ugfin's roll (if applicable) here.

Dunno if I'm doing this right, but ...

Perception 14: Step 6
Legends & Heroes: 2

= Step 8 = 2d6 = 2, 5 = 7

Ol' Scratch
Yeah, no clue what I'm doing either so I'll follow his lead. (Hooray for the blind leading the blind!)

Perception (6/D10): 7 = 7
The Horrors (9/D8+D6): 4 6(6[3]) = 19
Myths & Legends (9/D8+D6): 8 1 = 9
fistandantilus4.0
My fault. I Completely brain farted the fact that you're all new. yes, tie it to perception and roll, so that is correct.

Fortune
[ Spoiler ]

Doc
[ Spoiler ]
Fortune
Wow! Ugfin knows lots! biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Wow Ugfin rolled a 7! Most of the detailed knowledge about that is pretty obscure. There are only two available sources for information on the subject. Vasdenjas himself, and his interview on the subject. Anything else comes only off of those two sources and heresay.
Fortune
Wasn't bitching ... just adding commentary. 'Twas actually more than I expected to know. biggrin.gif
laiced
well, my internet has been down most of the weekend due to storms; I wrote this post once already and it did not make it through (unless Fisty deleted it).

I rolled a Horrors Knowledge using real dice and everything. If there is a preferred method to how we get our numbers than just let me know.

Horrors Knowledge (10 / d8+d6) = 8+6+5 = 19
fistandantilus4.0
laecid
[ Spoiler ]
Fortune
Nooooo!

Don't fly away yet! frown.gif
Lady Door
I came back... and where are you?! Gone! That's where. *glares*
Fortune
I is here!

You need to answer IMs from me. nyahnyah.gif
Lady Door
You need to not be offline so I CAN IM you. nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
My! What a big Fist you have, Shal'hari. eek.gif

Good thing you are on speaking terms with an Admin that can work magic. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Lady Door
Speaking terms? Is that what they're calling it nowadays? wink.gif
Fortune
I was being polite. Far be it from me to allude to your relationship in any more intimate manner. wink.gif
Ol' Scratch
They bump nasties. Teehee.
fistandantilus4.0
It looks like at this point we'll be taking a short break in the action until Doc gets back. Please no posting IC until he's able to participate. If you have questions about the circumstances, PM him or me.
Ol' Scratch
Meh. You guys didn't have to wait for me like that. Sorry. frown.gif
Fortune
Can't speak for the rest of them, but I'd always prefer to wait. What's the fun of playing if everyone can't be involved?

Good to have you back! smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
Meh. You guys didn't have to wait for me like that. Sorry. frown.gif

yeah we did. Crew, loving the IC chatter. There will be bonus LP for good roleplaying later. No pressure to "focus" on the game track as long as everyone's having a good time.

That being said, are you planning on heading out? Or bantering in camp a bit more? I'm not going to assume you guys are going anywhere, so I won't post for you all moving until someone posts specifically that you are. FYI.
Ol' Scratch
Just waiting for Ugfin and Sabatuu to get ready to go, and Sabatuu to say whether or not he knows where to go.
Fortune
If you'll note, I posted that Ugfin was ready some time ago. nyahnyah.gif wink.gif
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Fortune)
If you'll note, I posted that Ugfin was ready some time ago. nyahnyah.gif wink.gif

The smell was distracting.
fistandantilus4.0
I think laecid might just not have noticed yet, cause we took a break. No worries. I'll shoot him a PM and see where he's at.
laiced
I'm baaaaaack!
fistandantilus4.0
sweet, I 'll get things moving a long a bit. That glitch on geography in your home mountain range will be interesting . vegm.gif
Fortune
Hehehe (as Fisty would say!)
fistandantilus4.0
Fortune, Doc, you've both beat their initiative. Please do ytour attack actions.

Laiced, roll your Initiative please

The Raiders are taking Aggressive Attacks (essentially "charging") so you get +3 steps to your attack, because they're attacking recklessly. They're physical defense is 8 , so that's what you need to roll to hit them.

Roll Dexterity Step+Talent Rank (ex. melee weapons) +-modifiers (-5 Battleshout, +3 Aggressive attacl = -2)
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Roll Dexterity Step+Talent Rank (ex. melee weapons) +-modifiers (-5 Battleshout, +3 Aggressive attacl = -2)

Nice and concise. biggrin.gif

Dexterity step 8 + Melee weapons 8 + Modifiers {-2} = Step 14 {d20+d4} = 14, 2 = 16
fistandantilus4.0
biggrin.gif Now post it in the IC in Gold please smile.gif
I know I know, all these damn hoops.
Fortune
Uh huh. nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
So, I'm lost! Surprise! biggrin.gif

Does Ugfin have an 'action' remaining? How would I know?

I keep forgetting about the Karma usage, and what I can and can't use it for.
fistandantilus4.0
Does Ugfin have an 'action' remaining? How would I know?

melee Weapons is take an ACTION so you can use any talent that doesn't lsit Action Y. You cna use up to three Talents in a round, and only one Action. So you can Airdance and Tigerspring, and Melee Weapons for example. Or Airdance, Melee Weapons,a nd Avoid Blow. And so on.

I keep forgetting about the Karma usage, and what I can and can't use it for.

At 4th circle each discipline gets one thing they can use karma for . IIRC Warriors can use it on Recovery Tests. Look at your Talent descriptions. There's a part hta says "Discipline Talent Use". If it says "Warrior" there, you can use a point of Karma on it.
laiced
I will be posting again tonight when I get out of work. I thought that I had a copy of Sabatuu's sheet here but I am wrong.

Sorry to hold everyone up thus far, I am working on being more consistent.
fistandantilus4.0
s'ok, effort is appreciated / smile.gif
Fortune
Your response was only semi-helpful. nyahnyah.gif

I'll post later.
fistandantilus4.0
Let me know what more you need and I'd be happy to help out.
fistandantilus4.0
Alright Cats and Kittens (and Fortunes), Laiced has cited RL issues going on and has unfortunately decided to step out of the game. So we're going to give the GM a bit to figure out the situation a bit, and resume combat shortly.
Fortune
Well, that sucks. frown.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Yup. He wasn't specific and I wasn't going to press on personal issues, so I'll see what I can do about removing him without killing his character. It's always so much trickier keeping folks alive . biggrin.gif
Fortune
Just don't be expecting Ug to go out of his way to save the rockhead. nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
wow Fortune how sweet of you. I'll figure it out.
Fortune
I'm nice like that. biggrin.gif
Fortune
But I still don't know what to do about the attack on Ugfin. frown.gif

You have his sheet Fisty ... why don't you just do the rolling stuff for him?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012