Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MBT Stats for SR4
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Crusher Bob
The Javelin missile weighs around 12kg, with the warhead being around 8.5 kg of that.
Cthulhudreams
QUOTE (Crusher Bob @ Aug 20 2007, 07:57 AM)
The Javelin missile weighs around 12kg, with the warhead being around 8.5 kg of that.

Including or excluding propellant, guidance, blahblah for the warhead component?

Anyway if you assume that you have 4kg of actual explosive using the values in the book that would make it 30P that halves the targets armour (assuming a direct hit with a HEAT squash head!). HE versions have a a 15 meter blast zone of which the first 12-13 are pretty lethal. Which would make okay 'real' ATGM stats for a big and clunky launcher.

Which doesn't make a bad missile if you want people to shoot shoulder launched ATGMs. Assume that the stuff in the book is old military gear that has been out of service for ages, and is a heck of a lot easier to carry.

Interestingly it still allows you to give really big armor values because of the halves mechanic. A tank with 40 armour, and quite large body is probably pretty viable.
Crusher Bob
Total system weight appears to be 22.3kg of which 6.4 kg is the Command Launch Unit, 11.8 kg for the missile. I'm not sure where the other ~4kg are. At least some of that is the launch tube. The warhead weight is 8.4 kg, around 70% of the total missile weight.
knasser
QUOTE (streetangelj)
Finally a post in this thread that's truly fitting to the setting of SR. YOU ROCK KNASSER!

Why thank you. I try.

Regarding the possession of the tank pilot, it wouldn't actually be necessary - you could have the tank itself possessed. There's a high object resistance to overcome, but that just means you need a tougher spirit. In fact, despite the hideousness of the idea, it makes a lot of sense that the UCAS army or whoever, would try and create an inhabited tank. A jet might make more sense, but any mage who was willing to summon his ally spirit into a tank form would earn meganuyen. I have a possessed Steel Lynx that I'm waiting for a chance to spring on some players. A tank is just a step up.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Bira)
Complaining Shadowrun doesn't have "proper" stats for tanks, battleships and bunker-buster bombs is like complaining your mountain bike can't take you to outer space - the game wasn't made for that sort of scale.

<snip>

Heck, you can make up your own strategy game - it'll still be better than trying to strap booster rockets to that mountain bike.

...awwwww geez, I thought that was what the original Stump Jumper was built for.

Looks like I have to cancel that order to Morton Thiokol grinbig.gif
dhyde79
QUOTE (knasser)
The poor dwarf wouldn't even know, but in the meantime, you've got a flesh-hungry Goblin Tank out for blood! biggrin.gif Woo! Yeah!

all in all I think I'd rather have a blood thirsty goblin crushing tank than one that thinks it's a cat...(if you've ever seen Those Who Hunt Elves, you'll know what I'm talking about)
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (dhyde79 @ Aug 20 2007, 04:04 PM)
IF by some streak of luck, a PC were to happen to end up inside one of these tanks, how're they going to know how to go about loading them, using their targeting systems, and firing them?

Edge! wink.gif

Good Lord. This is still going on? smile.gif

Derek: He's right. Edge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012