Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Learning to Ghost Dance
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
SonofaSailor
I just finshed rereading the novel 2 weeks ago, and they basically called it a Great Ghost dance in the novel. ( not the climatic ritual, but the one were they initially took control of the islands )

The hawaiians come out and say they took thier lead from the NAN Gr3eat Ghost Dance.

NightmareX
I guess that pretty much clinches that one. Kudos!
Protector152
Great Ghost Dance = once in a lifetime event where all the ghosts in the world go to a party and form a conga line. Note that the party is held in a metaplane.
Kronk2
QUOTE (Fortune)
Keep in mind that Thais originally taught the Native Americans the Ghost Dance at Wounded Knee way back in 1890. It just didn't work that time as the Mana level was not high enough then.

The actual White Shirts that they were talking about were a kind of Buff Jacket. It really was pretty much bullet proof. Knowing the history of the guy who introduced it to The People, it is entirely possible that he was conned/ inspired to think that all white shirts were bulletproof.

I also always assumed that it was Drain that killed them, and that the Dance was a big ritual.
SonofaSailor
QUOTE (Kronk2)
QUOTE (Fortune @ Aug 27 2007, 01:16 AM)
Keep in mind that Thais originally taught the Native Americans the Ghost Dance at Wounded Knee way back in 1890. It just didn't work that time as the Mana level was not high enough then.

The actual White Shirts that they were talking about were a kind of Buff Jacket. It really was pretty much bullet proof. Knowing the history of the guy who introduced it to The People, it is entirely possible that he was conned/ inspired to think that all white shirts were bulletproof.

I also always assumed that it was Drain that killed them, and that the Dance was a big ritual.

You are correct about the deaths during the ritual being drain driven. But the deaths also FEED the ritual ( at least as it is desribed in House of the Sun ).
hyzmarca
Most of those who died in the ritual were mundanes. They weren't taking drain in the same sense that a magician takes drain, they were no different than a virgin gutted by a blood mage, except that the damage was caused by the ritual rather than being a simple component of the ritual.
Magus
QUOTE (Protector152)
Great Ghost Dance = once in a lifetime event where all the ghosts in the world go to a party and form a conga line. Note that the party is held in a metaplane.

I was struck by lighting
Walkin' down the street
I was hit by something last night in my sleep
It's a dead man's party
Who could ask for more
Everybody's comin', leave your body at the door
Leave your body and soul at the door . . .

twirl.gif twirl.gif twirl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012