Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Destroying a man
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
DTFarstar
Personally, I would kidnap him on his way home from work every night, get him hooked on some kind of heroine-ish drug, alter his memory to blank, cleanse the signature, let him get home about 5 minutes late, rinse and repeat every now and again making it take longer with higher dosages each time. This should cause his life to slowly go to hell for no apparent reason as his performance at home and work slowly deteriorate from the hangover/withdrawal/lack of sleep. Alter his wife and children's memory so they forget him one day, and then change it back so they remember. Dig deep and change his memory of where he lives, where he works, just slowly mess with him to the point that he is a drug addicted loser who thinks he is crazy whose company and marriage are going down the drain. Then make him your friend. Help him start getting everything together. Make friends with his family, learn about his company and help stabilize it. Then use your inside position and knowledge to take it all away from him. Do it right and you can get him to kill himself.

Chris
Aku
what affect do you think a victim-simsense recording would do to this type of person? they're obviously getting their jollies on being the one in power, so if it got flipped in simsense and you jacked him up wth it...

or (ignoring the hands off family bit) what if the same happened to the wife and daughter (assuming we're talking teen-aged or 20's here, i dont think i ever saw an age for her)

As for how i'd do it, i'd take the expensive way, and use multiple other outlets like other gangs, to do alot of the dirty work
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
These plans are so damn elaborate. Why not just use mind control spells on him to make him rape a close relative? It's simple, guaranteed to be traumatizing for everyone involved, and would turn his life upside down even if everyone knows he was magically controlled.

Once that's done then you can go on with incredibly elaborate bonus points plans.

While using mind control spells or possession (with the caveat that the spirit must be named Bob) to force him to rape his kids is probably the single best torment for a family man, him being a sick fuck means that there is a chance that he'll actually enjoy it. There is nothing quite as annoying as attempting to torture someone by making him rape his own children only to end up expanding his horizons and showing him how fun it can be.

And, of course, he might already be raping his kids with his wife's knowledge and compliance, in which case it would accomplish nothing.

Though, the real reason is that the OP called for an elaborate plan.
Aristotle
And... this is going exactly where I didn't want it to go. I specified that the family won't be harmed. Let me further clarify that there will likely not even be the illusion that they were harmed. My players are hypersensitive about violence against children, and this conversations is starting to make me think I may be too. The absolute furthest my players might go is a kidnapping or threats against the family... although both of those options would be less subtle than I was hoping they would be, unless they come later in the campaign.

I really don't want to have to close my own thread.

The family is part of it, but the real originating idea here is 'sandbox shadowrun'. A fleshed out corporation that the players can run against any way they like, without railroad tracks guiding them into and out of the facility for specific reasons. Hence why the corporation is valued by our mark more than his family is.
Fortune
QUOTE (Aristotle)
I really don't want to have to close my own thread.

While I do understand that some of the responses are not quite what you are looking for, I am at a loss to see why you feel we are doing something inappropriate by discussing certain quite valid variables directly related to the thread's topic.
hyzmarca
One thing I've learned about sandbox games, there is always a method of beating the game in less than an hour via shortcuts that the developers never considered. And some will always discover and use that method.
ludomastro
There is another option to this. One that fits the Family well in an SR setting. The Don could give them "small jobs, boys. For a small favor later." The PCs could have no idea what all the disjointed runs are for until they watch the man's life crumble to bits. Ultimate deniability as even the runners don't know what's going on. Not exactly what the OP asked for; however, I like it.

biggrin.gif
TenTonHammer
Did i miss someone adding saving the poor bastard from her 'secret' or not so 'secret' bloodthirsty ex-fiance? The killer isnt supposed to die, but the fiance is the consiglieri's son, and wont listen to reason. Was the daughter the only child? I hope so! He ruined the best IN a person can have with the Don.
Aristotle
Interesting. Complications are always fun.
Riley37
Remind me not to piss off Hyzmarca.

Given that the man already did, for real, pick up a girl and beat her to death, ya don't have to FORGE evidence to turn him against his family... unless his family thinks that was OK.

One question: why not get a good detective to provide the cops with the evidence, and have the law charge and convict him? Once he's in prison (if imprisonment is still SOP in 2070s), further destruction should be available as needed.

So he's a valued star at a big corp. Some other corp sees him as competition. Find powerful allies with shared goals, and they'll do some of your dirty work for you. Alternatively, find someone he stepped on or backstabbed within the same corp, and they'll probably be glad to give you access to the corp's computer for the purposes of sabotaging his career and becoming his successor.

Cf. the thread on Psychotropic VR. If he beat a girl to death, he probably has an exploitable psychological quirk or two. Don't destroy him; get him to destroy himself. If a mage with the appropriate spells, Astral Mask yourself as the girl he killed, and visit his dreams.
Aristotle
Great ideas. I don't know that getting him found out and put in jail is nearly as drawn out and painful as the crime lord wants. I mean, yes, with his kind of money he could probably streatch the trial out or even hire his own runners to take out or discredit witnesses. In fact, if he ultimately does get caught, that's likely how I'll extend the story arc.

I have to suspend reality a little bit and look at what will work for several months of entertaining gaming.
laughingowl
Hmm:

Kidnap (if for no other reason for their own safety) at least one of the kids

Depending on morals of players:

Willing shape shifter (or other with regeneration, or perhaped endowed from great form spirit).

or Sucker#1.

Willling (regeneratable) or Sucker target shape shifted/bio-sculpted to look like 'Bad guys' preferred fun time girl.

Arrange meeting and let nature run its course, making sure to get plenty of quality recordings (perhaps if possible even simsense from the girl (or if Bad guy has any hackable DNI, even from 'him')

As he finished anchored or ritual magic, or otherwise... girl shapeshifts to his missing kid.

'Police' start raid on pleasure house (or where ever bad guys has fun) about this time...

Though of course guy gets away... (though not enough time to hide/remove/verify the dead body).

Sim recording and forensic evedince made public... let officials begin investigating the missing girl and murder suspect.

Work at wife to convince her to protect remaining kid, to be extracted and testify againt husband.

Once extracted explain full situation and reveal kid alive and healthy.

Obviously its CEO wants as a kiddy molester and likely fugitive from law, Corp takes nose dive in value.

Some speculators seem to make a killing on the stock, buying at just the right time. Corporation becomes a front for mafia (not really breaking the players need to do their own resources... this aint killing the guy, this is Mafia Don making money...)

Corporation now largely owned by the Mafia Don.

His Family is turned against him and likely (wife at least) directly testifying against him.

With no body (but missing child, DNA evidence (some of her blood tissue could be found at seen) and strong circumstantial evidence (sim recording) they guy might not get death, but is most likely looking at life as kiddie molester / murders...

Prison is not going to be fun... (though Don could likely arrange to see that he does 'live' atleast as long as Don wishes him to live).

He sees his family taken from him (by himself) and they take him down...

His corporation is destroyed (at least as value to him) and ultimately becomes profit for Don.

The whole scenario could be stretched out for quite a while, as the CEO burns favor / money / prestige hiding, covering up, misdirecting the investigation.

While the players work on leaking fresh information, convincing wife what her husband is really like, etc.
Hartbaine
Find out his number, then call him up. When he answers just sit there quietly... when he hangs up... call again, do this until he snaps.

Maybe send him a very strongly worded letter?

Nail all his furniture to the cieling.

Ram him in the doo-doo hole with a lawn dart while setting off blackcats inside his genitals.

Tell him (and mean it) that he not a good person.

Imprison him in less than healthy conditions, see to it he contracts a rather nasty skin disorder... giggle for weeks while he gets to watch maggots eat his dying flesh...

Slap his hand and tell him that he gets no cookie. (This only works if make sure not to give him the cookie. Be stern, don't give in!)

Poke 1,001 fish hooks, all connected to a line, through his flesh in all manner of hard to reach areas, bathe him his lemon juice... pull really hard and watch him squirm. Right before he dies have your pet mage stabilize and heal him... rinse repeat.

Yani CDs (nuff said)

Hope that helps.
DTFarstar
Physical Mask yourself as his wife and child and torture him almost to death in an area he knows is on camera, preferably his companies film. Stabilize, heal him, make sure you projected a blank camera feed while this was actually happening. Make sure he gets the idea that you are always watching and he can't escape or harm you. Visit him in the middle of the night, put his wife and kid to sleep(mind control, tranq patch, whatever), physical mask yourself again, and rinse/repeat. He will probably kill himself eventually. Make sure to protect the family on the off chance he is a truly desperate and vicious bastard and hires someone to take them out. In fact, best case scenario you keep an ear to the ground and watch him and take the job yourself.

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012