Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which AAA do you hate the most and why?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
JongWK
Ok, people, lets see our reasons... cool.gif
Abstruse
Aztechnology...if you don't know why, shame on you.

The Abstruse One
Sphynx
Aztlan...errr.... Aztechnology... Governments...err... corps just shouldn't have those damn pyramids, and so damn many of them. nyahnyah.gif

Solidcobra
Why do you hate aztechnology?
It's just another AAA corp......
or is it? *Dum dum DUM*
JongWK
And they have the best PR team in the world... devil.gif
Solidcobra
so you hate their PR teams?
*Doesn't know what Aztech did that's so horrible*
Traks
Renraku. Dunno why, there was some reason but my progressing sclerosis prevents to name it. Aztechnology - neh, everyone discriminates them. In fact they are best company in many spheres. And don't ask why my name is on their PR manager's list smile.gif
Sahandrian
Oh, they're just bringing about the apocalypse is all.

And though one of my characters has a major problem with Ares, personally, I'd have to vote Aztech. Calling demonic forces to our world is very no.
Earthwalker
In the game world I have created Aztecnology and SK seem to inspire the most fear and hated. I think this is in some way the picture I paint of them.

The one unique thing about them both as they have been presented in adventures and sourcebooks is that both of them will and have taken things personally were as the other big ten dont seem to.

I cant remember the scenario where Aztecnology were after two combat bikers erm Punch and Judy becuase of actions they had taken against Aztecnology in there shadowrunner past.

SK being vindictive is just the natural of having a dragon running the show. Speculation about SKs action does lead alot of people to believe that if prompted Loftwyr could and would take actions against him and his corporation personally.

Of course I do love the fact that Aztecnology is winning the voting for evilest megacorp when a poll of the ocupants of 2063 Seattle would have them as one of the nicest corps, after all they have some of the best spin doctors out there.
JongWK
so you hate their PR teams?

No, I was just saying that they usually get away with anything they want. The public just loves them.

I despise Aztech, not for the same reasons most people do, but because so many "normal" people inside it accept what the corp really seems to stand for.

Shiawase and Mitsuhama come close. Shiawase just doesn't click with me, they aren't as attractive as the others. They might as well scrap it and put a new corp. Oh, don't forget the Shiawase Decision.

Mitsuhama embodies the classical zaibatsu you see in Gibson's novels. Absolute, dehumanized disregard for the world.

I must clarify something: Oh I do hate Aztech, but it is one the best corps to have fun with. vegm.gif
Solidcobra
Question: Why does people hate renraku?
The books (i think it was the companion and rigger 3) mentioned something horrible happening with them involved.....
*Knows very little about the corps, seeing as i only have the "Must have to play" books*
JongWK
They are fully responsible for the Renraku Arcology Shutdown and everything that followed.
Sphynx
Well, with the way Aztlan is laying waste to forests with their chemical weapons used on their own people, they honestly should be the most hated for their complete lack of humanity.

In our games, we've actually assisted Amazonia with recapturing much of the lands, giving them possession all the way up to the Panama Canal. Currently working with Denver(Ghostwalker) and UCAS to push them out of Texas, though it appears that Texas will end up being its own government in the process as they don't seem to be willing to join either UCAS nor CAS (nor the Indian tribal lands). We've been 'stationed' in Austin for about 4 months game-time now, though we do move around alot so are rarely actually at that location. Trying to get ahold of the Aztlan book before I take over the GMing in Jan.

Sphynx
Centurion
Why would the UCAS give a flying flip about Texas? And forming it's own government

Granted, being from there, I'd love to see a Texan freedomfighter game, but just confused on how any successful outcome would result in anything besides the rest of the state just joining the CAS (remember, they only lost San Antonio and south, not everything to the Sabine river.)
Solidcobra
Last question! (Maybe, buy asking=learning, right?)
What is the Renraku Archology Shutdown? I couldn't find any real info about it in the books i have (Most "splatbooks", the companion and the sourcebook)....
Me=newbie.gif
Sphynx
QUOTE (Centurion)
Why would the UCAS give a flying flip about Texas? And forming it's own government

Actually I mean CAS not UCAS in who we were helping out, sorry about the confusion there.

Sphynx
Sahandrian
QUOTE (Solidcobra)
Last question! (Maybe, buy asking=learning, right?)
What is the Renraku Archology Shutdown? I couldn't find any real info about it in the books i have

[ Spoiler ]
JongWK
The books you are looking for are:

Renraku Arcology: Shutdown
Brainscan
Threats 2
Matrix
Siege
I dunno -- I've never played "On a Mission" characters, so I can't say that I really despise any particular AAA.

Except maybe the AAARP -- damn drivers... grinbig.gif

-Siege
Req
If I wasn't the GM, Aztech would be far and away the mega I hate most.

FOr exactly the same reasons, because I am the GM, Aztech is my most favoritist megacorp. Ever.

And no way am I letting Darke die. Canon is wrong, baby. smile.gif
Ol' Scratch
I answered mine from a player's point of view, not a character's. Ares is just really, really boring, so it tends to be the one I hate the most. Aztechnology may be the most evil, but at least it has style and is fun to use. Ares... not so much.

Plus I hate the names they give their weapons. "Ares Alpha" and "Ares Predator" just sound stupid. biggrin.gif
Connor
I had to vote Aztecnology as well. Mostly because of the whole summon evil things to the world. Although, just about everything about the corp gives me the shivers. It's probably impossible to go through a day without using some sort of Aztech or Aztech subsidiaries product, even if you would prefer not too...horrible.

On Ares, I tend to have a lot of fun with them. As Doctor Funkenstein says there, they do have a nice clean boring corporate face, but as the saying goes "It's always the quiet ones." As an example, I think Threats 2 shows just the kind of sick and twisted stuff you can do with Ares behind the scenes.
Crimson Jack
I like them all. I am a GM. biggrin.gif
Jpwoo
My players are distrustful of WalMarts in real life. So when I was running a game with azzies as the main targets, the characters found the now ubiquitous AzMarts everywhere. The players actually went there quite a bit, it is a good place to buy duct tape at 4 am.

As a GM I like all the corp. I guess I just feel sorry for all the poor corp guards who my runners have killed over the years. All those families thrown into turmoil. Thank goodness the AAA corps are there to pick up the peice left behind when Evil runners destroy lives.
Cray74
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
I answered mine from a player's point of view, not a character's. Ares is just really, really boring, so it tends to be the one I hate the most. Aztechnology may be the most evil, but at least it has style and is fun to use. Ares... not so much.

Actually, one of the (many) reasons I dislike Aztechnology is that it's evil without (IMO) style. It's just a faceless megacorp hiding behind do-whatever-it-takes PR hit squads pushing a thousand unrelated products, doing evil things like supporting blood shamans, human sacrifices, crushing rebels in a generic stupid evil empire kinda way, etc. The faux-Aztec cover just isn't enough style for me.

Saeder-Krupp I liked as an evil empire. It had style. It had a quality evil overlord. It was distinctive: remorseless German industry combined with great dragon strength. Now, I'm starting to wonder if SK not's so much an evil empire as "good empire achieving its goals through inscruitable dragon means," which'd be a bit disappointing, but it's cool.
Synner
QUOTE (Cray74 @ Nov 26 2003, 06:32 PM)
Saeder-Krupp I liked as an evil empire. It had style. It had a quality evil overlord. It was distinctive: remorseless German industry combined with great dragon strength. Now, I'm starting to wonder if SK not's so much an evil empire as "good empire achieving its goals through inscruitable dragon means," which'd be a bit disappointing, but it's cool.

Aha! It worked. The psychotropic effects are kicking in. They're starting to have doubts. Now for phase 2.
JongWK
QUOTE (Synner)
Aha! It worked. The psychotropic effects are kicking in. They're starting to have doubts. Now for phase 2.

You teaser! nyahnyah.gif

Must... wait... for... SoE... wobble.gif
Nath
As a corp, I dislike Shiawase more than Aztechnology. Big A "evilness" is a product of some of its shareholders (the Ortiz-Ramos-Ortegua cartel, Roxborough and above all Oscuro). Not every secretary in Aztechnology subsidiaries support human sacrifice to welcome the Horrors on Earth. If you remove those boss (leaving a nice guy like McLure for instance) and their hardcore servants, Aztechnology could become a more normal corp (in theory that's what's supposed to happen since Oscuro disapeared in '57). Otherwise I wouldn't want Aztechnology to be stopped because of hate, but because from a very rational, non-emotional point of view it's the best thing to do. On the other hand Shiawase (and to a slighter extent Ares) has a strong "corporate family" culture that I really can't stand. Even if you wipe out the Shiawase legal family, that would probably stay as it is. Blsh...
Centurion
QUOTE (Cray74)
Actually, one of the (many) reasons I dislike Aztechnology is that it's evil without (IMO) style. It's just a faceless megacorp hiding behind do-whatever-it-takes PR hit squads pushing a thousand unrelated products, doing evil things like supporting blood shamans, human sacrifices, crushing rebels in a generic stupid evil empire kinda way, etc. The faux-Aztec cover just isn't enough style for me.

Well, I'd say that would be a good description of the way Mexico is right now. The ruling PRI party control(ed)s Mexico through extremely pragmatic authoritarianism, never paying lipservice to any one ideology and/or "style." A lot of this ain't known by the world culture at large, but there's a lot of aspects to Mexican culture with regards to revenge on American culture (or in SR, the remnants thereof) that are easily seen to manifest in the Azzies (check out the Texas section of the NAGTNA). There's also a hell of a lot of racism, so much so that I highly doubt UGE and goblinization is going to eradicate the feeling that the gringos still have stuff that belongs to us.

You just gotta push that chip-on-the-shoulder, ultra nationalist, anti-anglosphere bent and they become even more loathesome. You have any characters from the CAS in the group with even the slightest trace of patriotism? Be sure to rub it in their face. Sombreros meet jackboots and human sacrifice. Being half mexican and from the Texas-Mexico border, a big lizard and some Germans with sticks up their unmentionables just don't have the same appeal.
Digital Heroin
Can't you see the truth man? Cross has his little Seraphs all over the place... their evil little hands are in every pie man... watch out, they can hear your digital thoughts... *puts on his tin foil hat*
hp_warcraft
Good - No hate for Novatech! That's where my corp contact works. smile.gif

OOC: Aztechnology - they are trying to hasten the coming of the Horrors. eek.gif
IC: Aztechnology - they have a bad rep on the streets of 2061.

I am unanimous in my dislike of the Azzies!
Diesel
Why the hate to Ares? Chances are, half your team is packing something made by them, and the other half is thankful for that.
FlakJacket
Where's the "All of them equally" button? smile.gif
Shanshu Freeman
I voted for Aztech, of course, but I think SK took my second place... I'm actually surprised to see they're getting so few votes.
Sepherim
Ares, without doubt. They're image of "we are the good guys" just pissess me off. sarcastic.gif
JongWK
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Where's the "All of them equally" button? smile.gif

We're being picky today, chummer. nyahnyah.gif
Fix-it
looks like it's a landslide for Aztechnology, bringers of the Demonic forces, and the Apocalypse!
Dim Sum
Doesn't it really depend on what kind of character you're playing in any one particular instance? If you're playing a runner with altruistic motives, then I can see why you'd hate Aztech so much (heck, I could see why you'd hate all the megas) but if you're playing a runner without any morals and view all corps as sources of the next paycheck, you wouldn't hate any one of them unless one (or more of them) had crossed you in the past.
Traks
Sorry to see that everyone hate Aztechnology so much.
Go in corner and feel ashamed for yourselves smile.gif
zephir
I voted Saeder-Krupp, because it behaves much like contemporary corps.
Utahraptor
I will admit, Aztechnology is sort of like a Shadowrun PRC, where business and government are one, but they pertend to be sperate and thereby are hypocrits.

I voted for Seader-Krupp, though, because of an entry I saw in Rigger 3 that implies SK has Heavy Carriers. Now, you don't need those for battling othe Corps, you need those for attacking other countires. And SK is revitlizing German Industry through agressive practices....

World War IV, anyone? If that doesn't grab you, the second EuroWar. Mark my words, that damn dragon is plotting something. smile.gif
moosegod
Lofwyr is trying to conquer Europe pure and simple. That's something I understand. Summoning demons from another dimension? That's just bad. And they're an overgrown drug cartel/ software pirating firm.

I don't get that feeling of zaibatsu with Ares. That may be because I have no real books on Ares, not even Corporate Download.

I'm glad Mitsuhama is bad. I kinda selected them at random for a level 6 enemy for one of my alturistic characters. And yes, he's still alive. He's just too cool to kill.
CanvasBack
I used to think Aztechnology was bad. In fact, I still do on many levels. But I voted for Mitsuhama. Why? Basically, the situation in Tsimsham (sp?) combined with their hardcore, almost Mengela-like techniques for acquiring and using test subjects for their various cybermancy projects. At least Aztechnology kills a poor slag on the blood altar, they don't put his central nervouse system into the body of a hell hound, yet...
Prospero
Gotta agree with CanvasBack. Aztech is bad. And I hate them. But MCT is almost just as bad what with the whole dispoiling the land and stuff (Tsimshian). I mean, Horrors go away after a few hundred years, but the land just stays there, right? And S-K are bastards, but too good at it to really hate.

Just out of curiosity, who hated Wuxing and why? It has 3% or so and nobody's said a word on it. I think Wuxing kicks lots of hoop - why hate 'em? (Well, they steal other people's orichalchum, granted. But they have wizzer stockholder meetings, right?)
Fortune
That'd be me. I have a premonition about Wuxing. I think they have everyone fooled into thinking they are somewhat harmless and benevelent. biggrin.gif
BumsofTacoma
I have to split my vote between Aztec and Renraku

evil evil AI!!!!! how dare i lose 2 character to renraku!!!!! no flashbacks the horror the horror!

statistically speaking though aztecs pretty evil. grinbig.gif
Cakeman
Now lets compare things here... horrors, they are quite singleminded. We *know* what they want, and therefore we can figure out how to survive once they're here. Dragons on the other hand... who ever knows what they want, or why? And they're here NOW! SK is evil I tell you! It's bad enough they lair somewhere and have magic influense, but when they start owning corporations... evil!
Traks
QUOTE (Cakeman @ Dec 4 2003, 10:45 AM)
Now lets compare things here... horrors, they are quite singleminded. We *know* what they want, and therefore we can figure out how to survive once they're here. Dragons on the other hand... who ever knows what they want, or why? And they're here NOW! SK is evil I tell you! It's bad enough they lair somewhere and have magic influense, but when they start owning corporations... evil!

[ Spoiler ]

But really, humanity have survived few apocalypses. One more or one less doesn't change things much. But world domination does, and in bad way. Unless it is me, of course smile.gif
thunderchild
Novatech - Cause Villers is an Asshole.
Kagetenshi
I went Aztechnology for all the obvious reasons, but Wuxing does irk me. Glad to see a lack of outpouring of hate for Yamatetsu; in my book, they're as close as corps get to "good guys" (not that close, but better than nothing), and besides, Vladivostok is just cool.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012