Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: EVO Company TransHuMan
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Cthulhudreams
Question: I'm guessing no from the annoucement, but is the ambassador having problems?
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams)
Question: I'm guessing no from the annoucement, but is the ambassador having problems?

The Ambassador is not showing any signs of a problem from the VR experience.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Abbandon)
@Dire I dont have the slightest clue whats going on. Who are the people im with? I assume we are after a baby, but why? Do I have samples to do astral tracking??

It's an introductory scene or situation. I could lay out a whole bunch of stuff for you, or you can fill in the blanks yourself. Think of it as a complicated Mad Lib exercise, but it's Shadowrun.

You are a new CTB exec assigned to the Tokyo Recruitment Team. What do you imagine they do? What do you think the assignment is?

You may have noticed that the other NPC mentioned in the scene felt perfectly fine asking a question about the job.

Maybe your first IC post is going to be your question to Venusian Blue asking, "So why are we doing this again?"

For the astral question, assensing the target will make commanding spirits to do things to them from remote distances, or ritual sorcery much easier. It would be a standard practice to get an awakened team member a good look in person at a target before doing anything.
Abbandon
spirit bomb

Here is an assense test for the pregnant chicks aura:
Assense 3 + intuition 3 = 6 dice
3, 4, 4, 1, 4, 6 = 1 hit

What do I have to do to be able to memorize her aura? Observe in detail? Spirit Bomb will do that.

I can't astrally track her just from knowing her aura right? I have to have some physical piece of her like amniotic fluid bleh!

What do you think of the evo wiki? I can make it any colors you want, will you or anyone else use it or am I wasting my time?
Abbandon
@everyone. please look at this and answer:
[ Spoiler ]
BlackHat
Correct, as far as Adone goes.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Abbandon @ Dec 19 2007, 04:21 AM)
spirit bomb

Here is an assense test for the pregnant chicks aura:
Assense 3 + intuition 3 = 6 dice
3, 4, 4, 1, 4, 6 = 1 hit

What do I have to do to be able to memorize her aura?  Observe in detail?  Spirit Bomb will do that.

I can't astrally track her just from knowing her aura right?  I have to have some physical piece of her like amniotic fluid bleh!

What do you think of the evo wiki?  I can make it any colors you want, will you or anyone else use it or am I wasting my time?

To use the knowledge of her aura for other purposes I will likely use a Memory (LOG + WIL) test at that point in time.

A spirit sent to search for her aura, either with the Search power or a simple search would be enhanced by your memory of her aura. If you are astral, your attempt to find her again would also be enhanced by having previously seen her aura. I should more correctly state that you won't have horrible penalties for trying to find something you've never seen before.

I won't be using the wiki as I've already got character and game notes and a timeline chart on my own website, and you probably shouldn't see all the horrible things I've planned out. This doesn't mean you shouldn't use the wiki if you find it useful for yourselves.
Feshy
@DireRadiant
[ Spoiler ]

@Abbadon:

His full name is Steffen Piers. I don't have a street name or the like for him yet, as he changes identities fairly often while on assignment.
Redjack
@Abbandon
Alton Memphis is his name and not the one he will be using very soon. He currently does not have a handle or nickname. He is also currently in New York City, not London.
DireRadiant
@London
Just to get ahead of any potential timing conflicts, obviously this is a potential situations where you may choose to act grandly and quickly, so I suggest outlining your plans for your initial reactions OOC so we can resolve any conflicts in actions as they occur.
Feshy
Okay, I've posted IC to get myself caught up to where we are now. Despite what I said earlier in OoC, I'm not going to take the rest of the feed. I'm sure it will be recorded by someone else if I don't, and we'll eventually get access to that. Instead, I want to move towards the Ambassador. It's quite possible that he will take the opportunity while the crowd is distracted to chase down the technicians and find out what happened -- and I want to be in (enhanced and filtered) earshot when that happens.

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't expect the technicians (or the Ambassador's conversation with them) will be in the open, I just don't yet know what security will be in the way. I'll reveal my CTB identity if it seems like that would help, or Con / Negotiations if it would not. Those failing, I'll fall back to Infiltration. And I suppose following the Ambassador would fall under shadowing.

This is, of course, assuming he makes some moves to speak with the technicians. If he doesn't, let me know and I'll move on to a different plan.
DireRadiant
Just a reminder that the ambassador, Sung Ching, is a woman.
Feshy
Ah, thanks. I had a nagging suspicion in the back of my head that that was the case, but I didn't have time to read through the previous posts to see. Getting ready for yet more house guests from FL.
Abbandon
@Redjack I see your in NYC but I divided the players up by what assignment they chose and we only had two choices didnt we ?
Redjack
@Abbandon
Different players could have had different choices... and we all did not necessarily have the same choices..
Scope_47
QUOTE (Abbandon)
@everyone. please look at this and answer:
[ Spoiler ]

@Abbandon

Volusia is the character's real last name - which she won't be using IC of course. The operational handle she uses is usually "Toymaker" or simply "Frau Doktor"
Scope_47
@DireRadiant

I'll make the IC post soonish, but Volusia is going to be jacking out of the feed after the 'incident.' She'll then stagger to the ladies' room where she is going to vomit and then treat her injuries with the medkit built into her cyberarm (since it is stun damage, this means tailored pain killers of course). After that, she'll start investigating this 'technical glitch' - but I'll get to that later.

Willpower to Resist Dumpshock damage:
2d6.vs(5)-> [5,6] = (2)
2d6.vs(5)=2

Dumpshock damage reduced to 3S

First Aid to treat remaining stun damage (she isn't rushing since there is no apparent danger at the moment, so anyone else in the Ladies' Room will probably see her 'shooting up'):
Logic 8 + First Aid 3 + 1 PuSHeD + 3 Neocoritcal + 6 Medkit Rating - 1 Average Conditions (indoors, not sterile - I assume that the Gala's restrooms are kept in sanitary condition) - 1 Wound modifier - 2 Implants essense loss = 17 dice

First Aid has a threshold of 2 instead of the usual 1, so the first hit is 'eaten' so to speak.

17d6.vs(5)-> [4,2,5,1,4,6,6,5,4,6,6,2,1,5,4,1,4] = (7)

17d6.vs(5)=7

After threshold, 6 net hits... but damage boxes healed are capped by skill rating, so only three stun damage healed (coincidentally what I had).

End result, no damage. smile.gif

@DireRadiant
[ Spoiler ]
Andrew
Resistance roll
Will Roll to resist Dumpshock (2d6.vs(5)=1)
so 4 P Damage . Sensitive neural structure does not help
Mariko will be disconnecting from the Simsense feed in shock and pain and then casting a healing spell to try and fix her injuries
Force 4 heal spell 7 dice with wound penalties
Heal spell (7d6.vs(5)=2)

Drain resistance DV 2
10 Dice to resist drain
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1436354

When she has finished looking after herslef she will look round for the ambassador , her partner and see of she can see any of the suspects doing anything unnusual
Abbandon
http://evo-ctb.wikispaces.com/Player+Characters

The following people have had pages made and are free to fill in the pages if they so desire: Feshy, Redjack, Andrew Moreton, Toras, Scope47, and Blackhat.

I will work on the rest tomorrow.

Cthulhudreams
Prometheus is Prometheus and he'd e going by.. prometheus for the moment.
BlackHat
Hopefully I'll get a chance to add something to the wiki tomorrowish. smile.gif I find it useful for me as a character-sheet, too.
Dirtz
Going with plan C to let Lilly execise her inner demons....pm sent.
WearzManySkins
QUOTE (Abbandon @ Dec 19 2007, 10:01 AM)
@everyone.  please look at this and answer:
[ Spoiler ]

WearzManySkins - Piet -Hong Kong

*slaps self* Ruff is Piet's street name*
Dirtz
Dirtz - "Crank" - Hong Kong.

Morpheus is not Ruff.

Water Lilly is an NPC, Senior Agent in Charge for the Hong Kong contingent.
Abbandon
@everyone

http://evo-ctb.wikispaces.com/

I think I'm finished. Now its just up to all of you to use it or not. I find wiki's helpful because you dont have to keep crap on your desktop. Or if you computer blows up all your info will be online. Or be accessable from anywhere on the planet that offers internet access lol. But its your call =).

If there is anything you think the site needs either add it yourself or let me know. Im pretty sure im the only one who can add stuff to the navigation menu.

Im feeling very paranoid. It took several hours to do all that work(not counting the templates that I had already made for my game if i ever run it). So I may be locking it up and restricting access to only us players in Dire's game. So if you log into wiki and cant edit nothing see if there is a "Join Group" link in the upper right of your screen. It may be over in the upper left menu too i forget heh.

Enjoy!
Konsaki
@DR

Sorry about taking so long to post. I just couldnt think up a good IC post for this character yet. I dont have a full feel for him like I do Caittie, so I had to write a sort of bland post... sarcastic.gif
In the future I should be able to raise the quality of my posts some more.
DireRadiant
@WearzManySkinz

Welcome to the party.
Intiative Roll, first IP declaration or longer.
Crank actually fired a shot, if you wish to do so as well, make that roll as well.

@Everyone
When we get to combat situations, it'll flow a bit smoother if you plan out your turns in advance. If you're worried about the GM taking advantage by having the NPC adapt to the PC actions, you might as well quit now. Planning ahead will make things go a bit quicker as far as the forum posts waiting on each other. If you aren't sure in exact terms, feel free to generalize your intent and let me as the GM figure out the details. Though the more details you provide, the less work for me, and the GM appreciates that.
DireRadiant
@London
Your stated actions aren't interfering with each others, so I'll be posting a short IC. You'll all be summoned into an AR/VR meeting by Asterix along with Sung Ching within a minute or two of the "glitch". It'll be enough time for your recovery actions to take effect.

Piers, appears willing to break his "cover" and is approaching the Security team. Let me know if you're just going to shoot him out of hand. smile.gif
Andrew
That will probably be the last post I am able to make until after Christmas , so Happy Christmas everyone and I'll check back when I get back from visitng the family
WearzManySkins
Ruff will take the shot.
[ Spoiler ]

Plan 1
Take out Target's Knee, after that then get the target under control.

Plan 2
If shot missed target, take a shot on his next action that will render target unable to defend himself

Plan 3
If target attacks him first either by melee or ranged go Gymnastics Dodge action

Plan 4
Targets runs, attempt to follow target.
Scope_47
I'm in the middle of getting ready to leave for a trip, but I thought I'd post this:

To clarify for Andrew and anyone else who misunderstood, Piers was NOT in the information Volusia sent to the security team. The only person Volusia told about Piers was Asterix.

If it looks like somebody is going to shoot Piers, Volusia will speak up on his behalf.

With that, I'm gone - see you guys next week
Dirtz
@WearzManySkinz

Welcome aboard partner.
Sorry if I jumped the gun on this one, personal combat isn't one of Crank's strengths. What you know about your partner: he's a human hacker who utilizes a few drones; certified for pistol, pilot, and matrix munitions; and goes by the name Marcus around the Evo corporate offices. At six feet tall he's got a scarecrow appearance and a Gary Busy haircut, if that ain't enough his techno-babble usually puts people to sleep - not the most charismatic person of the bunch. From time to time you might catch him mouthing lyrics to songs long past.

@DireRadiant

Combat round 2:

If I have backed out of the action far enough not to feel threatened I'll grab a seat and go VR and try to do the following: 1) lock-down the bar, 2) have the carbonated water/soda spritzer make a puddle of water around the commander, 3) command the strato to alert me if anyone shows up with guns or threatens the entrance, 4) have the house lights strobe in his face.

If I am threaten, use the Miroku.

If necessary turn 3:

Shout "Thunder" and point the Miroku at the puddle of water the commander is standing in and fire off two shots of stick and shock. "Thunder" hopefully alerts Lily of the obvious strategy I'm about to employ.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Konsaki)
@DR

Sorry about taking so long to post. I just couldnt think up a good IC post for this character yet. I dont have a full feel for him like I do Caittie, so I had to write a sort of bland post... sarcastic.gif
In the future I should be able to raise the quality of my posts some more.

That's what the initial scenes are for, to let all of us get a feel for the characters. So no worries.
DireRadiant
@Hong Kong
IP 1
9 Crank (Edge to go first)
16 Commander Hansen
12 Ruff
10 Water Lily

Crank fires a shot
Commander Hansen interupts to Full Dodge
Commander Hansen Dodges easily
Ruff shoots at Commander Hansens Knee (Target is in melee, 3 hits)
Water Lily attempt to stab Commander Hansen
Commander Hansens Agent triggers a powerful area effect jammer (Rating 6)

IP 2
16 Commander Hansen Readies Weapons, Throws weapons, three plastic canisters thrown to various parts of the room
10 Water Lily stabs Commander Hansen drawing a little blood but no serious damage.

IP 3
16 Commander Hansen
Commander Hansen starts sprinting
1 Flash Bang grenade (Resist 6S, -3 AP)
1 Thermal Smoke Grenade
1 Neurostun Stun Grenade (Resist 10 S)
10 Water Lily
Water Lily applies a stim patch, Rating 8 to both Crank and Ruff

IP 4
16 Commander Hansen
Doing something...

Combat Turn 2
Init rolls, Declarations

During Combat turn 2 The Jammer has moved so it is effectively rating 3
Dirtz
Question: can you throw three grenades with one simple action to three different parts of the room? And if they went to three different parts of the room am I reallly in the blast of each and every one? (didn't think this bar was that small, Doh!) If I am (which is fine) then Ruff might be clear of one or all of them as he wasn't "on my hip" when he took his shots?

Flash Bang: 6s -3 ap
4 dice: 1 success - wound 5s
stim patch (cool.gif applied - 5s ignored for 80 minutes
flare comp on the glasses

Neuro stun: 10s
Does not effect on turn 1
END of turn 2 will call for a toxin resistance check
9 dice : 1 success - wound 9s
Stim patch (cool.gif still in effect - negates 3 more boxes of stun

Will start turn 3 unconscious (total stun 14 boxes - 4 overflow)

Turn 2 initiative (full VR)
12+5 hits = 17
4 IP's

IP 1: Lock down bar (control device), activate eccm 4 (free)
IP 2: Command strato to shoot the commander if he leaves the bar ((gel rounds loaded)- simple), run outside cloud effect opposite direction of the navy seal (simple)
IP 3: Turn ceiling fans on high to disperse cloud effects, vent outside air (control device), go prone behind cover (free)
IP 4: command flyspy to follow/track Commander outside of the jammer field.

Drones are autonomous, follow last order given.
DireRadiant
Karma!

Do you want any? That's a silly question isn't it.

I'm planning on a standard 1 karma a week for participation for everyone. That way everyone gets some karma.

I'm thinking of also allowing each of you to reward people with karma. Each week you get one karma to assign to another player other then yourself. What do you think about this idea? This way the GM can't be blamed for favoritism, you can blame each other.

I'll be tracking and posting the karma totals in the first post of this thread.
Redjack
Alton summoning F3 Air Elemental:
6,5,3,4,1,5 = 3 hits
Spirit Resists: 3,3,4 = 0 hits
Resist DV2 drain: Buy two hits.

Alton summoning watcher, 1 hour.
Buy one hit for one hour.
Buy one hit for drain.

Feshy
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
Karma!

Do you want any? That's a silly question isn't it.

I'm planning on a standard 1 karma a week for participation for everyone. That way everyone gets some karma.

I'm thinking of also allowing each of you to reward people with karma. Each week you get one karma to assign to another player other then yourself. What do you think about this idea? This way the GM can't be blamed for favoritism, you can blame each other.

I'll be tracking and posting the karma totals in the first post of this thread.

I really like the idea of player karma participation, so I'm all for something along those lines.

I have some fears it might be too heavily skewed, if we all agree one or two people are consistently excellently written or played. We've got 11 players or something if I remember, and it might be a bit frustrating or unbalancing if one or two players consistently get 6+ karma and others get only 1.

Let's give it a try for a month or two, and see if it becomes an issue. If it does, we can always just move to some sort of ranking system (most votes gets 3, second place gets 2, something like that). If it doesn't become an issue,

So, what's the plan -- secret (e-mail) ballots? Or do we just post here? I'm all for secret voting, it avoids bandwagon votes, while allowing backstabbing and bribery smile.gif
Abbandon
Maybe instead of each person getting to dump one point of karma on somebody they just get a vote and the person with he most votes gets +1 karma. Then it wont be unbalancing. 1 karma a week...as long as we also score tons of karma from actually completing scenario's that sounds fine. But if thats all the karma we see in a year that will not be very worthwhile..

Ok summoning and spellcasting tests...
[ Spoiler ]

Can you atleast tell me where I am and what I can see?

BlackHat
I also like the player conributed karma idea, but it seems like if someone did a really great post, a lot of people would vote them up and they'd get like 5-20 karma that week! So, I think Abbandon's idea is pretty good too.

I had some ideas about moving Adone's story forward somewhat, that I will PM to you soon - but I'm not really sure how much you wanted me to make up, and how much of it is stuff you have planned to go down a certain way - so feel free to veto. smile.gif At the parent's house today, but I'll try to post something tomarrow, even if its not moving Adone forward in time at all.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Abbandon)
Can you at least tell me where I am and what I can see?

You are surveilling your extraction target (yes I know I'm a very bad person for that) while they are shopping in downtown Tokyo. I do not have the words to describe the sheer insanity of that kind of experience.

Ok, I'll try. Stick a couple hundred thousand people into a couple square city blocks, add flashings lights, blinking colors, random skyways, Escheresque escalators, moving walkways, cars, bikes, scooters, flying drones, walking drones, display cases, ultra aggresive sales Agents, a matrix overly, and then an astral overlay, and you might be close to what it's like. In other words a normal day in downtown Tokyo.

Your target is shopping there, and apparently will soon be whisked away to the soothing comfort of a pre natal ward for delivery, at some place not run by EVO.

What would you like your plan to be?
Abbandon
So like are we standing in the middle of the street? Are we in a discreet vehichle? Are we in a fake ambulance? Are we standing on a bridge that goes over the street or a sky bridge that goes between two buildings, are we standing near a window on any of the multiple floors of a nearby building, are we on foot and basically eyes off the target because of the crowds, are we in the same store as the target, is the target outside?

I thought Venusain Blue was the team leader? My plan is to pull our fake ambulance up to the front of the store, jump out, put the chick on a stretcher, and put her into the back of the ambulance and then stun/tranq her ass, drive off, and deliver her to the evo facility where the babies new parents are waiting for her to deliver.

Is this target actively trying to evade the parents and or evo??

DireRadiant
QUOTE (Abbandon @ Dec 26 2007, 02:40 PM)
So like are we standing in the middle of the street?  Are we in a discreet vehichle?  Are we in a fake ambulance?  Are we standing on a bridge that goes over the street or a sky bridge that goes between two buildings,  are we standing near a window on any of the multiple floors of a nearby building,  are we on foot and basically eyes off the target because of the crowds,  are we in the same store as the target,  is the target outside?

I thought Venusain Blue was the team leader?  My plan is to pull our fake ambulance up to the front of the store, jump out, put the chick on a stretcher, and put her into the back of the ambulance and then stun/tranq her ass, drive off, and deliver her to the evo facility where the babies new parents are waiting for her to deliver. 

Is this target actively trying to evade the parents and or evo??

Excellent.

(Con or Etiquette) + Charisma test please.

And then how were you planning on applying stun, or the tranq patch?

The target is unaware of your, and the mothers, plans to jump ship.
Abbandon

Etiquette 2 + charisma 5 = 7 dice
1, 2, 4, 4, 3, 5, 3 = 1 hit...

Is Robert or Venusian better at talking?

We will tranq her by starting an IV on her and then injecting a tranq agent under the pretense that its just something to make her calm and relaxed.

DireRadiant
QUOTE (Abbandon)

Etiquette 2 + charisma 5 = 7 dice
1, 2, 4, 4, 3, 5, 3 = 1 hit...

Is Robert or Venusian better at talking?

We will tranq her by starting an IV on her and then injecting a tranq agent under the pretense that its just something to make her calm and relaxed.

You are the PC. Your plan. Your dice rolls.

Con + Cha roll for the tranquilizers then.
Abbandon
Grrr... I almost lost this post because of ISP going down.

Defaulting on Con test: Charisma -1 = 4 dice
1,2,2,1 = critical gltich

Complex: Cast Force 4 physical barrier(dome shaped)(reduce radius to half meter)
Spellcasting 0 + Magic 5 + SC Foci 3 = 8 dice
6, 6, 3, 5, 5, 2, 6, 4, 1, 1 = 5 hits (reduced to 4 because of force, Barrier is Armor 4/ Structure 4)

Drain: Willpower 5 + charisma 5 vs 5S
6, 1, 3, 6, 6, 1, 6, 5, 1, 3 = 5 hits
5S -> 0S
Dirtz
Any updates on Hong Kong? or are you waiting for our IC post?
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Dirtz)
Any updates on Hong Kong? or are you waiting for our IC post?

We'll move along. Ruff succumbs to the grenades. Crank executes his plan, and gets outside in time to hear the start of a running gun battle before falling unconscious. Feel free to post IC up to that point.
DireRadiant
@Abbandon At what point are you casting the Physical Barrier spell?
Abbandon
After she is in the back of our ambulance and immedeately after I fail miserably to convince her that what I am about to inject into her IV is to keep her calm and relaxed.

lol I had to get creative. I cant stick her with a needle with an unarmed combat test, I cant blast her my spells without causing trauma to her( I didnt have any mana spells that do stun damage), My two spirits couldnt really do anything either. I wanted to blast her with confusion but that is an area spell to and I couldnt risk messing up everyone in the van.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012