Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Redjack
Hmmm.... Have we lost our GM?
Redjack
Uh oh... This looks bad...
Method
I'm still here... frown.gif
BishopMcQ
I'm here. I'll give Fenris a call today and see where we stand. My guess is midterms before the Spring Break caught him.
Fenris
Thanks Bishop wink.gif

Partly mid-terms, and partly my own shoddy interpretation of the board setting.

In my head, I keep waiting for you guys to just go out and start the recon, or whatever. I personally have no care about the minutia, like buying food and beer. If I'd been planning on doing something important in the bar, it would have been done. I guess I keep expecting the players to take more initiative, sort of as a joint story-telling thing.

However, recently discussing the situation with a few other local RL GM's I know, I realized that there's absolutely no way you guys could know any of this, and furthermore, it's alot more of a pain in the ass if you jump forward and suddenly I'm like, "no no no, I wanted to do something during that drive, don't fast time it, take it back, blah blah blah."

So I think the problem is that I've been sort of waiting on you and you've all been waiting on me.

Sorry guys. While I like the idea of a cooperative story-telling effort, I realize that it should be it's own game, not tacked on top of this one. I'll be moving forward with a more conventional style.

Please excuse my angst biggrin.gif

Toras, I'll handle your rolls as soon as I get home and to my books.

DireRadiant, are you hitting your contacts up in a standard fashion, or putting any additional spin (i.e., extra social rolls) on top of it?

All - To clarify for me before I bump anything further in the IC thread, the idea is to physically / astrally / Matrix recon the actual location, and that's as far as the plan has gotten?
Method
Well I for one would be happy to take a more "combined storytelling" approach if thats the kind of game we're all going for. Anybody else have a preference?
Redjack
QUOTE (Fenris @ Mar 27 2008, 04:18 PM) *
it's alot more of a pain in the ass if you jump forward and suddenly I'm like, "no no no, I wanted to do something during that drive, don't fast time it, take it back, blah blah blah."

I think you've hit the nail on the head with my personal biggest challenge in trying the 'combined storytelling approach'. Given the turn around lag time on pbp games, IMO it works better when looking to fast forward to the next scene if we note that in OOC and have the GM set the stage for the next scene... As you've noted, our thoughts about where the next scene begins isn't always the same as yours. biggrin.gif
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Fenris @ Mar 27 2008, 05:18 PM) *
DireRadiant, are you hitting your contacts up in a standard fashion, or putting any additional spin (i.e., extra social rolls) on top of it?

Standard fashion. Whatever that is I leave to you. If you feel social rolls are useful, just buy the hits. And Sweetness won't use Powers of Persuasion on his contacts.
Fenris
Toras - So, to spoof your datatrail you'll need a Hacking + Spoof Program (2) test (this is assuming you don't want them tracking everything back to your commlink)

Then you'll need to find an appropriate company (for account like that, you'll need a bank or similar financial institution) for Data Search + Browse Program.

You'll need to hack the node for that company, which is Hacking + Exploit (Firewall, 1 initiative pass) extended test.

You'll also need an Hacking Skill + Edit to add in account information, place orders, etc. Then, there are a few extra rolls, depending on exactly what you want to do at this point and how well you want to hide your tracks. Give me a clearer idea of exactly what you want to do here, and we'll work it out.

Fenris
Alright guys, this obviously isn't working. For whatever reason, interest has died off, so I'm going to put it out of it's misery. Guess this was one of the ones that isn't going to run for years ;D
DireRadiant
It would help if I knew what my contacts told, otherwise I'd just be making things up.

I wouldn't necessarily equate no posts with a lack of interest.

But's thanks for the fun! We can try again some other time.
Method
I agree. I'm still interested, just waiting for info from my contacts.

Maybe I could make an alternate suggestion: give people the weekend to post, drop anyone who doesn't and get things moving with those of us who are still here and committed. Trim the fat, so to speak, and no offense meant to anyone.
Redjack
I'm still around. Waiting for the others to get their info so we can move forward. wink.gif
BishopMcQ
I'm here, though without many contacts Finn is nearly useless in the legwork stage. Once we have maps, intel, etc, he will be able to help plan everything out.
BishopMcQ
I'm here, though without many contacts Finn is nearly useless in the legwork stage. Once we have maps, intel, etc, he will be able to help plan everything out.
Fenris
If people are really that interested in saving it, I'll post contact info within the next day or two, bump it forward, and give it a week.
Redjack
You still gonna post the contact info?
Method
I'd poke this thread with a stick to see if its alive, but I'm afraid some kind of noxious ooze might spurt out...

I'm thinking of starting a new game in the next few weeks. I'll give you gents preference if you want to climb aboard. PM me if you are interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012