Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Dancing within the Void
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Toras
McCoy has a Synaptic booster, in addition to his boosts to matrix actions.
I don't think they stack but I'm pretty sure one or the other would apply.

McCoy will be scanning for Nodes either on the Gangers, or any near by cameras that might be picking this up. As we do not want to have a security firm picking up the feed and paying us a visit.

If he finds a Smart Gun or the like amongst them, then the fun begins.
Fenris
My apologies, McCoy. What I meant was that the troll has an active, unhidden commlink and two other nodes, including both his shotgun and what looks like cybereyes. You got that in your last action.

As for the synaptic booster, yes, I assume it would apply. Please go ahead and post your initiative and the number of passes you have, including any boosts from the Synaptic Booster for the moment. If you go full VR at any point, remove the bonuses from the Synaptic Booster and add either +1 pass or +2 passes, depending on whether you're doing cold sim or hot sim, respectively.
Toras
(Also have a simsense booster, so it be +2 or +3)

I'm going to be doing some rather terrible to both his cybereyes and that shotgun. Shutdown his weapon and replace his visual with random strobing flashes of light.
Fenris
Quick post from Vertigo and we're ready to go.

As a note, I hadn't intended to keep the "tell me all your actions and then I'll put them out all at once" thing going beyond the first pass when things were sort of setting up.

After this pass, I'll basically be calling people out in order of the initiative to take their actions. This is for three reasons:

1.) By making you declare your actions first, I prevent you from reacting to what people are doing during the round.

2.) Slows down the posts, both on my side and yours, as everyone has to wait first on all of the actions to come in, and then on me to put out a larger post on the whole combat pass. It'll run faster if I can pop on and do one or two actions or sets of rolls at a time, instead of 11 of them.

3.) It removes the opportunity for you to be creative and cool in your characters actions. Inevitably, I can't describe your character or his actions as well as you can, and I definitely can't do anything approaching internal dialog, and doing it for 11 people at a time just means the quality at the end of the post is pretty low.

Toras - Anything you want to do has to go through the commlink, so assuming your hacking it on the fly, go ahead and give me your rolls.
Method
Vertigo: Initiative 10 (1 pass)

- free action: drop sustained spell (trid phantasm)
- free action (multitasking): speak a phrase
- simple action: ready weapon
- simple action: held

If Tank indicates there is another exit that might be used to out flank the gangers, Vertigo will attempt to do so, otherwise she will exit the shop and sprint towards the cover of a nearby vehicle.

Sprint Test: [5,6,1,4] = 2 hits
Toras
5,1,1,3,1,6,3,3,4 = 2 hits (Either Logic + Electronic Warfare or Attack + Electronic Warfare)
DireRadiant
Let me know when I can post IC.
Redjack
We seem to be slipping in weekly posting.... How is everyone doing? Ready to get back on track?
Method
Ready and waiting... cyber.gif
Fenris
My apologies, guys. All four people in house are laid out with some kind of nasty bug. I spent last week taking care of sick people, and this week I've got it, so I spend most of my time in bed trying not to move too much ;(

Sorry the posting has slipped. If it follows it's normal course I should better by Wednesday, so hopefully posting will pick back up at the end of this week or the Monday of next week.

Again, very sorry, and I hope none of you have this.
Redjack
Thanks for the update. Get well.
Fenris

Ganger Conditions:

1 - 4P, Armored clothing, SMG, 30m, see through illusion,

2 - 6P, Armored clothing, SMG, 30m, see through illusion,

3 - 6S, Troll w/shotgun, 30m, armored clothing, can't see Kukyo,

4 - 6S, Leader, 8m, Orc, cyberspurs, armored vest, can't see Kukyo,

5 - 4P, running, Heavily muscled human, baseball bat, armored clothing, can't see Kukyo

Current Post - OOC:

Toras - Hacking on the fly is Hacking + Exploit wink.gif

Hacking for you is 4, and as far as I can tell, you don't have Exploit: Hacking on the fly roll with the correct dice and hits wink.gif (4d6.hits(5)=2)

Thankfully the threshold is only 2 (cheer for crappy commlinks), so you're in. Go ahead and post IC with any flavor text. Your next action will come up in the initiative order.

DireRadiant
Fear on Ganger 5 - Magic (3) Willpower (3) test for fear (6d6.hits(5)=3)

Resistance - Willpower (3) to resist fear. (3d6.hits(5)=2)

1 net hit for the spirit.

RedJack
Ganger 4 Opposed Melee for Parrying - (11d6.hits(5)=2)

4 net hits, DV 12.

Damage Resistance - 8d6.hits(5)=3

9 boxes of Stun.

Bishop

Shot on ganger 3 (troll) - Dodge 5d6.hits(5)=2

Damage Resist - 12d6.hits(5)=4

6 boxes physical.

Shot on Ganger 5 (bat) - Dodge 8d6.hits(5)=4

Damager Resist - 11d6.hits(5)=6

4 boxes physical.

Ganger 4 swung with Attack with Cyberspurs (8d6.hits(5)=5) at Atreus. I need dodge/block/parry and damage resist rolls pls.
Ganger 1 & 2 fired short bursts at Finn: 1st Wide 3rd Burst with SMG (7d6.hits(5)=0), 2nd Wide 3rd Burst from SMG (6d6.hits(5)=2), 1st Wide 3rd Burst with SMG (6d6.hits(5)=3), 2nd Wide 3rd Burst from SMG (5d6.hits(5)=2). I'll need a Dodge (-3 dice pool) and Damage Resist on the second, third, and fourth burst. Base DV is 5P, no AP.
Ganger 3 is going to fire his shotgun at Finn: Slug Shotgun blast (8d6.hits(5)=3), 2nd Slug Shotgun blast (8d6.hits(5)=3). I'll need Dodge and Damage resist for each one. Base DV is 7P, with -1 AP

Initiative Order - 2nd Pass

Finn - 12
Ganger 4 - 11
Atreus - 10

Finn - I need targets for the next two shots.

Don't forget, starting now it'll be person by person, so hopefully it won't get so bogged down waiting on me.
DireRadiant
Wooo!
Redjack
Atreus
Reaction(4) + Unarmed Combat(5) to block [1,2,6,3,5,5,6,2,4] = 4 hits
Edge: Reroll failures(5) [4,5,2,1,3] = 1 hit

5 total hits on defense.

Ganger #4 has 9S, right?
BishopMcQ
Spending Phase 2 action to go Full Defense.

12d6.hits(5) → [2,1,2,3,1,3,3,5,6,3,5,4] = (3) (with penalties 2 hits)
12d6.hits(5) → [2,6,6,6,5,1,1,2,6,6,2,3] = (6) (with penalties 4 hits)
12d6.hits(5) → [6,5,5,1,2,3,5,5,4,2,1,4] = (5) (with penalties 4 hits)
12d6.hits(5) → [4,4,6,5,3,2,3,3,3,5,2,1] = (3) (With penalties 2 hits) = 1 Net hit for Ganger w/Shotgun
12d6.hits(5) → [4,2,6,4,5,6,3,3,3,6,6,3] = (5) (with penalties 3 hits)

Soaking Damage
10d6.hits(5) → [6,1,1,1,6,3,6,1,2,5] = (4)
Edge re-roll non-hits 6d6.hits(5) → [3,2,2,5,4,6] = (2)
Take 1 box of physical damage.

To make sure I understand correctly the gangers are as follows:
1 - 4P
2 - 6P
3 - 6S + 6P
4 - 6S + 9S
5 - 4P + 4P

Or were the damage soaks listed later, taken into the earlier listing of damage? I want to make sure I don't kill anyone flatout...
Redjack
@Fenris: Is 9S enough for knock down?
Fenris
Redjack - 9S is not enough to Knock the ganger unconscious. If there are actual 'knock down' rules I'm unaware of, please let me know.

Bishop - To clarify:

Ganger 1 - shot once, 4P
Ganger 2 - shot once, 6P
Ganger 3 - shot once, 6P
Ganger 4 - Struck in melee, 9S
Ganger 5 - shot once, 4P.

The listing at the top of my last post was a running talley I was keeping, and I apologize for the inaccuracy. I forgot to update it after going back through the combat rolls.

Atreus - Another melee attack from the troll, 2nd attack with cyberspurs (8d6.hits(5)=3)

And then your action, please.

I'll also need initiative rolls from everyone as we move into the next round. If I don't get them by tomorrow at this time, I'll roll for you and move forward ^.^
Redjack
Here is the reference I alluded to.
QUOTE (BBB @ page151-152)
Characters who take damage may be knocked down by the attack. If a character takes a number of boxes of damage (Stun or Physical) from a single attack that equal or exceed his Body, then the attack automatically knocks him down.

BishopMcQ
Fenris--Thanks for the clarification. I wanted to make sure I didn't shoot someone who had been shot or stabbed by someone else.

Ganger 3 is getting a shot because he shot me. Ganger 1 gets the second shot, SMGs are bad. The rolls are above.
Method
Vertigo Turn 3 2 Initiative:[2,6,3,2,1,2,1]= 8 - 1 (Drain) = 7

(I'm confused. Are we on turn 2 or 3?)
Redjack
Atreus
Block: [4,6,6,2,5,6,3,6,4] = 5 hits
Attack: [5,5,4,5,1,3,5,3,5,2,2,4,4,1,2,5] = 6 hits

Turn #2:
Initiative [2,4,2,1,4,1,3,6] = 1 hit; Initiative = 9
DireRadiant
Sweetness
Init = 7 + 2 = 9
2 hits = 2 2 6 4 1 6 3
Fenris
Redjack - Ahh...missed that line, my apologies. I'll make sure and take it into account next time.

Ganger 4 - Melee parry with correct dice (7d6.hits(5)=1)
Damage resistance - (8d6.hits(5)=4)

Ganger 4 is unconscious, with 10S and 7P.

Bishop - I'm assuming I'm just taking the next two rolls from the list?

Ganger 3 (troll) Dodge - (4d6.hits(5)=1)
Damage resist (12d6.hits(5)=2)
Ganger 4: Damage resist - Edge (10d6.hits(5)=0)

Ganger 3 is dead, at 4 boxes over physical track.

Ganger 1 - Dodge (5d6.hits(5)=2)
Ganger 1 - Damage resist roll (9d6.hits(5)=6)
Ganger 1 - Edge for damage resist (3d6.hits(5)=1)

Ganger 1 has 8P.

Turn 3 Initiative

Finn - 13
Atreus - 9
Sweetness - 9
Ganger 5 - 8
McCoy - 8
Ganger 1 - 8
Vertigo - 7
Ganger 2 - 7

Finn is up.
Method
QUOTE (Fenris @ Feb 14 2008, 11:54 AM) *
Ganger 3 is dead, at 4 boxes over physical track.
Shit. Thats not good...
Redjack
Hmm... Seems like the assassin is failing the interview... MEDIC!

QUOTE (Fenris @ Feb 14 2008, 01:54 PM) *
Redjack - Ahh...missed that line, my apologies. I'll make sure and take it into account next time.

No problems... biggrin.gif
DireRadiant
I hope Finn doesn't shoot the rest of us to cover this little gaffe. smile.gif

Ok, a troll with 4 overflow shouldn't be instant dead... soooo

Our client is blindfolded, but....

All I can offer is that Sweetness can animate a corpse. smile.gif

Well, not entirely all, but we'll see what's happened by the time his action is up. All is not lost!
BishopMcQ
I figured the troll could take it, guess not. He's not dead if we get the johnson out in the next minute. The troll body should give us some time before he bleeds out entirely.
Redjack
We do have a medic... right?
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 15 2008, 10:52 AM) *
We do have a medic... right?

That's what this first scene is about, discovering ourselves!
Method
Medic? Vertigo does illusions... only.
Fenris
Both of the suppositions about the troll and bleeding out are correct. The troll isn't actually dead, but will require medical assistance in the next 4 minutes (40 combat turns) or he'll be dead.

You all know the Johnson's orders were for his "assailants to be alive when all is said and done".

A First Aid + Logic (2) test will stabilize him, as well as a Medicine + Logic (2), or a Stabilize or Heal spell. Additionally, med kits give their rating in extra dice, and can substitute for the skill if you don't have it.

As a quick note, Finn is up in the initiative.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Fenris @ Feb 15 2008, 12:29 PM) *
A First Aid + Logic (2) test will stabilize him, as well as a Medicine + Logic (2), or a Stabilize or Heal spell. Additionally, med kits give their rating in extra dice, and can substitute for the skill if you don't have it.

Aha, I know of one option not in that list! But you'll have to wait to see what it is.
BishopMcQ
Intimidation check. What modifiers would you like me to add or subtract? Or for speed, you can throw the bones for me.
Redjack
Are the two remaining gangers within 2m of each other?
Fenris
Redjack - The two remaining gangers (Ganger 1 and Ganger 2) are standing with about 2m between them. Atreus is up next.

Bishop - Throw with the following mods: -3 dice because NPC is hostile, -3 characters desired result is harmful, +2 because characters outnumber (standing) subjects, +2 character wielding obvious weapon, -2 subject wielding obvious weapon, +2 character has caused subject physical pain, +1 for physically imposing = total is -1 dice for pool.
BishopMcQ
1 Hit on intimidation test.
Fenris
And with the two 1's on 4 dice, that means its a glitch?
BishopMcQ
Sorry, I was rushed earlier--long day at work. Yes, 1 hit and a glitch.
Redjack
Attacking for knockdown (BBB page 152): Causes no damage. If Str(9) + net hits exceed the targets body, he/she is knocked down.
Attacking multiple targets (BBB 148). Each target must be within 1m. Split dice pool. Atreus has ambidexterity so there is no off hand penalty.

Rolls: Str(9) + Unarmed(5) + Specialization[Martial Arts](2)= 16dp
#1: [6,5,6,6,6,6,1,6] = 7 hits
#2: [2,4,1,4,2,6,3,4] = 1 hit
Method
Wow. That roll on #1 is freakish!!
Redjack
Yea, I really wish it would have spread out between the two....
DireRadiant
Commanding Voice
Cha 5 + Leadership 3 + Kinesics 3 = 11
2 hits 4 3 1 5 3 2 2 1 3 2 5
Opposed by Wil + Leadership. Choose highest pool from the targets, +1 per extra target

Not a good roll, but targeting the gangers still up and mobile, which I believe are 2, possibly 3 if the Feared one is included.

"Run! Run! Job's done!"

Note, there is the possibility of "First Impression" giving 2 extra dice for this test, if so feel free to toss them on for me.
Toras
McCoy is going to raid the ganger's information, followed by any bank accounts he might have. Finally if there are any recordings of us in eye based implants those are going to go to.

No matter the electronics related roll, its 9 dice.

[6,6,1,2,1,3,2,6,3] = 3 hits.
Fenris
Toras - No eye based implant recordings, one bank account attached to that commlink. You now have that account number.

Everyone - Okay, bumping forward. I appreciate the slew of actions on Sunday, most helpful for the beginning of the week bump. Don't forget your weekly point of karma.

So, dropping out of combat.

I'm assuming legwork will take this week and next, and the next leg of the run can start on the 3rd.
DireRadiant
Sweetness produces a Trauma Patch!

"Trauma Patch: If placed on a dying patient, it allows her
to make a stabilization test (see Physical Damage Overflow,
p. 244) using her Body instead of First Aid/Medicine."

and

"First Aid + Logic (2) Test"

Actually not sure if it matters who applies it, since it uses the trolls body for the test. But I do think if anyone has First Aid or Medicine their dice can apply to test.

e.g. Troll Body + PC Logic

So it might be good for a high logic person to do this. Or.... whomever wants to touch the troll.
BishopMcQ
Finn actually does have Gel Rounds, I just didn't pack them for the meet. Look at me not expecting to get tested by the J at my ability to Not Kill someone.

And I've been shopping at the mall from the map, IRL.
Method
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Feb 20 2008, 02:48 PM) *
And I've been shopping at the mall from the map, IRL.

I'm half tempted to drive down there this weekend and look around. It really makes the game come to life in your head to see these areas. In my off line game I'm having my group steal a body from the King Co. Medical Examiner's office in the basement of Harborview, so this morning I went an snooped around to see what it looked like (from the hallway anyway). grinbig.gif

Sorry for the aside...
Fenris
Troll Body + Logic (Sweetness, I assume, since nobody else spoke up): Stabilization Roll Body(cool.gif+Logic(2) (10d6.hits(5)=3)

Redjack
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Feb 20 2008, 04:48 PM) *
Finn actually does have Gel Rounds, I just didn't pack them for the meet. Look at me not expecting to get tested by the J at my ability to Not Kill someone.

Yea, I just figured to take a little IC snipe from Atreus at Finn. wink.gif
I figure I'll work a little testosterone between the two IC. In the end they'll either become best friends or kil each other. biggrin.gif
DireRadiant
Buy hits for watcher summoning and drain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012