Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghoul Carriers?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
JBlades
Here's an additional thought: If I were an terrorist with an anarchistic bent in SR4, I might consider mixing some of that virus with DMSO and filling an aerosol sprayer with the resulting mixture and placing that aresol sprayer at, say, a major metropolitan subway stop that ferries people to their corporate jobs.

Not that I would ever do such a thing, personally. Just sayin...
nezumi
No, transorbital. The problem with a plague is that Krieger HMHVV is apparently easy to cure. Someone would get diagnose within a week, police would put everything together and tidy up the mess before anyone completes the transformation. With transorbitals, you're spreading it out across countries, which means different infrastructures, different levels of effective disease control, better distribution means more time before the dots are connected, better chance of it actually catching somewhere.
Snow_Fox
See my notes on hitting a politician. They get worn out and run down campaigning so they might not notice the infection until it's too late.

Still to use the idea of spraying a subway station, that gives me a devious idea.
Want to run the Star ragged? Spray people with virus as suggested. then tell the Star, or better yet, the media. The Star will run it's self ragged tracking down people, hospitals over loaded with people demanding tests "I know I was sprayed, I don't care that the media said it was onlythe 3rd ave line and I live on the West side, treat me!" Should keep them off balance for serious work. hmmmmmm
JBlades
Mixures with DMSO can be loaded in Ares Squirts, too. wink.gif
FrankTrollman
You know, almost any disease would work as well or better. Give someone an advanced case of Syphilis or Herpes. Extreme fatigue, bleeding facial sores, the slight hint that you've been having unprotected sex with IV drug users.

The Ghoul disease they pulled in for 3rd edition isn't scary because the effects just aren't even as bad as say Meningitis or Typhoid. It's curable and the effects aren't even insurmountable even if they aren't cured. The best you could do is kidnap a politician and transform them over a couple of months and then let them go. But it takes a lot less time to turn someone into a flesh form ant or Manchurian Candidate them with BTL brain washing.

-Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012