Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Race Are You?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Daddy's Little Ninja
QUOTE (nathanross @ Feb 13 2008, 01:09 PM) *
Especially in my own thread! biggrin.gif

All posts become the property of the site.
All complaints must be submitted in writing, 2 days prior to the original post appearing on line.
Kyoto Kid
...in triplicate with a #2 pencil. grinbig.gif
cx2
Dunno, to me Orks seem like the "I want to be tough but can't bring myself to twink" option... at least when I put chars together.

Also bear in mind racism against Orks and Trolls are likely to be far more common than against Elves, though not by any means non existent. Obviously this has more impact in some games than others. Worth bearing in mind too racism works in reverse, some areas would be deadly dangerous for a human but since they're the majority of the population not so many in the UCAS at least.
nathanross
QUOTE (apollo124 @ Feb 13 2008, 01:59 PM) *
Kind of interesting how the rough average of which character races people play pretty much matches the racial distribution in the books (ie. Humans are most numerous, followed by elves, orks, dwarves, then trolls). Although it's not exactly a scientific survey, still interesting data.

twirl.gif

Yeah, there is a BIG hole in that this is not a true character census. Im sure many different posters have had many different characters, and the forum pole option does not allow for multiple votes. Either way, I think that it has accomplished mainly what I wanted it to.
nathanross
QUOTE (cx2 @ Feb 13 2008, 06:10 PM) *
Also bear in mind racism against Orks and Trolls are likely to be far more common than against Elves, though not by any means non existent. Obviously this has more impact in some games than others. Worth bearing in mind too racism works in reverse, some areas would be deadly dangerous for a human but since they're the majority of the population not so many in the UCAS at least.

Maybe it's just the groups Ive played in, but all my Elves are unanimously labeled "Dandelion Eates" from day one. Course, anyone saying it in SR3 got a Pred II down the throat!
Kyoto Kid
...that's why the Short One calls em "Long Eared Galoots" grinbig.gif
nathanross
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Feb 13 2008, 09:12 PM) *
...that's why the Short One calls em "Long Eared Galoots" grinbig.gif

Yeah, next time KK, Fuku and Shortie in the ring! Well settle this once and for all! Who is the stronger adept (Hand to Hand of course wink.gif )!
Daddy's Little Ninja
We had an ork character who kept calling to the elf "Hey Legolas!"
Critias
Legolas Willow Gilthanas Swan Tanthalasa Moonsilver Elbereth Bladesinger Drizzt Bard Jones, an Adept of mine, had human parents who were just tickled as fuck-all to have given birth to an elf. They bought the hype so much, they reverse-adopted him, sending him off to live in the Tir as a ward of the state when the country started up.

He goes by "Leg" in day to day conversations.
eidolon
QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Feb 13 2008, 02:08 PM) *
All posts become the property of the site.
All complaints must be submitted in writing, 2 days prior to the original post appearing on line.

Just to head off any possible confusion, posts containing original content are the sole property of the author just the same as if they were published in a magazine or something.

And DLN, you know good and well that we need complaints on paper and in triplicate.

We run out of toilet paper all the time, because Fisty forgets to pick more up when he's at the store.

edit: Oh, and I'd be an elf. I couldn't help myself. Pointy ears and a slender build? Hawwt.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (nathanross @ Feb 13 2008, 11:45 PM) *
Yeah, next time KK, Fuku and Shortie in the ring! Well settle this once and for all! Who is the stronger adept (Hand to Hand of course wink.gif )!

...you really want to go up against my dice...er...the kid in unarmed? [the Short One smiles as her hands crackle with electricity]. grinbig.gif
kanislatrans
Personally, I'm partial to orks, dwarves and humans. I have never managed to keep an elf alive more than 3 sessions. not sure if I'm just cursed or can't get into the keeb mindset. As for trolls, our group is usually troll heavy and as a result I try to throw in a bit of racial mix to keep things interesting.
If I had to pick just one race,though, I'd say Dwarf. got a soft spot for the halfers. decent racial bonuses for the cost of the bp. Can fit pretty much any role the team needs. Only problem I have seen is getting on rides at amusement parks. nyahnyah.gif

"What do ya mean, I can't ride the roller coaster,you drek head! How bout I tear your knee caps out, and shove that little chipmunk and his meter stick right up your hoop?" - Wayne"Wingnut" Bertolli- Dwarf street sammy- smile.gif
Daddy's Little Ninja
QUOTE (Critias @ Feb 14 2008, 09:37 AM) *
Legolas Willow Gilthanas Swan Tanthalasa Moonsilver Elbereth Bladesinger Drizzt Bard Jones,
He goes by "Leg" in day to day conversations.
With a name like that I assume he runs for office on the "Silly Party" ticket.
Limited Infinity
I usually play a troll or elf.

I have designed more Humans in SR4 and my next character will probably be one.

Then orks and I don't think I have ever played dwarf. Maybe I should.

I also miss the meta human variants, but even then they were elf or troll variants.
JongWK
My last two characters were human: Avner (Israeli soldier gone merc), and Arkham (hermetic mage and part-time MIT&T student).

Most of the time, though, I'm the GM. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012