Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberware Suites
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Fyndhal
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Feb 17 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Pulling a muscle makes my bicep deflate and means I can't maintain an erection? Hilarious, and great fluff. But game effects... Have you had experience with overpowered cybersuites?

Not at all. I'm just aware of the engineering compromises that take place in the "all-in-one" hardware business.
ElFenrir
IMO, it's rather difficult to make a very overpowered suite. They don't give *that* much discount which would allow any significant extras to be shoved in there-small ones yes. But if they wanted a particular combo, they could just take Biocompatibility: Cyberware and then just plug themselves full of ware to their hearts content.

Even having BOTH is difficult, since likely the suite will contain all of the ''big stuff'' (reflexes, etc), already. They can be made a bit twinky, sure, but I wouldn't worry too hard about them getting out of hand. I suppose if I REALLY tried I could make an overpowered set, but again, I don't see them being terrible.
Critias
QUOTE (Fyndhal @ Feb 17 2009, 06:12 PM) *
In game terms, glitches involving one part of a suite should have a chance of causing effects related to other aspects of the suite. A critical glitch might cause a cascade failure of all related systems one that one specific chip that ties it all together fails.

If you think that's necessary, for some reason, to balance out otherwise overpowered cyberware suites, knock yourself out. But since there's absolutely no mention of any such drawback -- or even implication that it might be handy as an optional rule -- anywhere in Augmented, I can't help but wonder why you think it's necessary.
Kanada Ten
MetaType Director's Seat Cybersuite
    MetaType Chiryoku Internal Commlink
    MetaType Gakuto Simrig
    Apple-Omega iHear Audio Enhancement (1)
    Evo Silence is Golden Select Sound Filter (1)
    Apple-Omega iSee Vision Enhancement (1)
    Sony Nfinte x32 Vision Magnification
Myopia (Standard Grade / 0.99 Essence / 8 Availability / 11,700Â¥)
Dan Zebrest-TM (Alpha Grade / 0.79 Essence / 8 Availability / 23,400Â¥)

You're never too young, never too old, and never too cyberful to start your directorial debut! With MetaType's Director's Chair and Mitsuhmama's BlinkEdit software package, you can edit all the sensory data with a single thought, blinking out emotions, sensations, and even splicing your own mixes in! Just listen to Dan Zebrest, the hit director of Stalking Zero: "MetaType hardware made me what I am today." Whether you're making home sims, or working on breaking onto the world stage, MetaType's just the type you need.
    > The editor is the only thing in this package worth a nuyen; otherwise, Zeiss does it better with their SenseSation line. Best to remember though, MetaType is really pushing the Gakuto on new moms and dads who want to capture every moment of their child's life. Never know what random wageslave is a walking camera these days - if you ever did.
    > Whitewasher

> hehehe, they install the rig first, scan, then record the rest of the op. pretty tops to feel all the wigglin and jigglin as the docs do their thing while youre under. course, cant blame nobody for splicin the feed up and loopin the anaesthetic, can ya?
    > litterboxjunkie

> Just how many commlinks do you have installed, litter?
    > Demongoddess

> hehehehehe, 5? 6? doc tells me no mo, no mo, no mo, but i gotta havem all.
    > litterboxjunkie

[ Spoiler ]
Kanada Ten
The Transys SalesForce Cybersuite

Apple-Omega Perkilator Voice Modulater (1)
Apple-Omega MidasEye Cybereyes Basic System (1)
+ Apple-Omega SoulWindow Eyemod
+ Zebra Barscanner Eye Laser System
Cyberdynamtics Hand of Fate Skillwires (3)
+ Cyberdynamics Grace and Light Skillwire Expert System
Evo Natureswell Breast Implants (pair)
Transys Auberon Internal Commlink (4/4)
+ Transys Caledfwlch OS (3/4)

The perfect suite to make any pretty face into a force, a salesforce, of reckoning, the Transys SalesForce works like magic to transform your employee into the perfect ptich - literally. The packaged Caledfwlch OS comes installed with a Transys Alberich Databomb (3) and the much talked about Renraku Kryptoknight Encryption (3) - it's like adding a steel vault to your store. And if you act now, Transys will throw in, at no extra cost, their most powerful additions to the package, the NeoNET Convincer and Dealsealer Activesofts! Can you beat that? The answer is no!

Retailor (Standard Grade / 1.22 Essence / 10 Availability / 40,950Â¥)
Comissionare (Alpha Grade / 0.98 Essence / 10 Availability / 56,250Â¥)

Similar Cybersuites: McHughs DriveThru Pro, SpIn Spin Doctor

[ Spoiler ]
Stingray
Hello to all! these are my additions to runner friendly cybersuites.

Evo Guardian (Alphaware)

* NeoNet Datajack
* AudioTek Emperor B cyberears (rating 2) w/
- Ear recording unit (included,free,no capasity taken)
- Sound link (included,free,no capasity taken)
- Dampner
- Select sound filter (rating 3)
- Audio enchantment (rating 3)
* Zeiss UhU-250 cybereyes (rating 4) w/
- Eye recording unit (included,free,no capasity taken)
- Image link (included,free,no capasity taken)
- Smartlink
- Low-light vision
- Thermographic vision
- Flare compensation
- Vision enchantment (rating 3)
- Ultrasound sensor
- Protective covers

Essence cost: 0.648 Availabilty: 10R Cost: 45 550 yen

...and another..

(Salish-Sidhe Council) High Risk Area Border Patrol cybersuit (Alphaware)

* NeoNet Datajack
* AudioTek Emperor D cyberears (rating 3) w/
- Select sound filter (rating 3)
- Audio enchantment (rating 3)
- Dampner
- Spatial recognizer
* Zeiss UhU-250 cybereyes (rating 4) w/
- Smartlink
- Low-light vision
- Thermographic vision
- Flare compensation
- Vision enchantment (rating 3)
- Ultrasound sensor
- Protective covers
* Saeder-Krupp Tiamat Wired reflexes (rating 2)

Essence cost: 2.88 Availability: 15R Cost: 104 950 yen

...and another..

DocWagon Survivor (basic system)

*Cybereyes (rating 1) w/
- Flare compensation
- Vision enchantment (rating 1)
- Low-light vision/Thermographic vision
- Protective covers
* Cyberears (rating 1) w/
- Dampner
- Audio enchantment (rating 1)
- Select sound filter (rating 2)
* Datajack

Essence cost: 0,45 Availability: 6 Cost: 8650 yen
Rotbart van Dainig
So, I stumbled upon this again:
QUOTE (Ed_209a @ Feb 29 2008, 02:35 PM) *
No one is going to take that much time and effort time to design a product for a market of only a few thousand customers.

On the contrary, there is even a market for cybersuites with one (1) customer:
QUOTE (Augmentation @ Spinrad Industries, p. 31)
Spin Shop bodyshops even provide custom-designed cybersuites under the Soroyama brand—though I hear the waiting list is amile long.
Daishi
Oh, now that's a beautiful precedent. Good catch.
Ramaloke
The Synesthesia Cybersuite: Brought to you by EVO, perhaps the worlds leading corporation in cybernetic sensor technology, this suite is for the sensory junkie. Featuring everything from thermographics to enhanced taste receptors, this cyber suite has been specifically designed to enhance your meatspace experience and widen your sensory horizons. Ordinary experiences pale in comparison to the high resolution sensations you will experience when you purchase the Synesthesia Cybersuite, it consists of:

• Sony Cybersystems TM430z Cybereyes (Rating 4) with eye recording unit, image link, flare compensation, low-light vision, thermographic vision, vision magnification, vision enhancement (Rating 3), and laser microphone (Rating 3)
  • EVO Sublime Sound 439d Cyberears (Rating 3) with Audio Enhancement (Rating 3), Select Sound Filter (Rating 6), Spatial Recognizer and Increased Sensitivity
  • EVO TaskMan Attention Coprocessor (Rating 3)
  • Pan-Space Ultrasound and Radar Sensors
  • Distinguished™ Olfactory and Taste Booster (Rating 5)
  • EVO HD Simrig & Datajack
  • Fairlight Caliban Comlink
  • Built in Oracle Reality Amplifier

Please note that while the cyberears have no room for improvement, EVO has intentionally left room for modification in the Cybereye system, allowing you to further customize your reality experience. There are three capacity slots left.

Cost: 66160Y, 2.7 Essence
Mäx
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Nov 30 2010, 03:41 PM) *
On the contrary, there is even a market for cybersuites with one (1) customer:

Custom cyber suite available to the mega rich isn't exactly proof that megacorps would mass-produce a suite with a very small potential customer base.

Custom stuff for the rich and famous is always profitable as you can bill all the necessary R&D from the client.
Mass-produced suite for a small potential customer base, not so much
Dahrken
QUOTE (Ramaloke @ Dec 6 2010, 03:12 PM) *
The Synesthesia Cybersuite: Brought to you by EVO, perhaps the worlds leading corporation in cybernetic sensor technology, this suite is for the sensory junkie. Featuring everything from thermographics to enhanced taste receptors, this cyber suite has been specifically designed to enhance your meatspace experience and widen your sensory horizons. Ordinary experiences pale in comparison to the high resolution sensations you will experience when you purchase the Synesthesia Cybersuite, it consists of:

I'd suggest throwing in an Attention coprocessor to facilitate the integration of the intensive information load generated by all those sensory channels.
Ramaloke
QUOTE (Dahrken @ Dec 6 2010, 04:19 PM) *
I'd suggest throwing in an Attention coprocessor to facilitate the integration of the intensive information load generated by all those sensory channels.

Theres on in there already smile.gif.
Dahrken
Oops 8( ! I missed it !

This package can make a solid base for a surveillance/espionnage character, but I wonder why there is an eye recording unit, because the simrig, datajack and comlink combined with the standard image link of the cybereyes already allow storage/recording of all inputs from the cybersuit.
Ramaloke
Fancy that, biggrin.gif Im making such a character now. wink.gif I just figured Id post up what I'd put together for him so others might enjoy.

As far as the eye recording unit, its built in with all cybereyes.
Mongoose
QUOTE (Fortune @ Feb 29 2008, 03:38 PM) *
To design the blueprints for a Suite (which is basically what I think we are talking about), I would think would be something akin to Logic + Cybertech 40 (1 week). These don't come out of nowhere. They take quite a deal of study and teams of scientists to design.

That's maybe a couple months. For one guy. Corps would be churning them out like popcorn, and coming up with obscure packages for niche markets.

To actually manufacture an already blueprinted design would at the very least take a facility and team of worker dudes.

Or a good nano-fabber. Which means making a program for the fabber, but I can't see that being much more work than normal blueprints. Less, maybe, since you don't have to allow for assembly (it can be a monolithic piece).

And yeah, I'm surprised there aren't more packages that include skillwires. The books seem to pitch them as a popular alternative to education / career training. Integrating them alongside other items useful in the job market would make total sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012