Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am ironman
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Whipstitch
I think you could come pretty close to making a Wolverine, although you still wouldn't be as durable. A Pain Editor, Metabolic Arrester, Blood Circuit Control System isn't too bad, but things like Trauma Control nanite, O-Cells and the healing Symbiotes get pretty expensive pretty fast, since you would basically need some Delta stuff to have that AND bone lacing. And the more you dip into cyber, the harder it is for you to heal in the first place.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Whipstitch @ Feb 24 2009, 09:45 PM) *
As for Lobo, he started out as a rarely used, ill-defined character and then was reshaped as an outright parody of Wolverine. I'll let this quote from his creator speak for itself: "I have no idea why Lobo took off. I came up with him as an indictment of the Punisher-Wolverine bad ass hero prototype and somehow he caught on as the high violence poster boy. Go figure."

i suspect he kinda echoes the punk/gangster type thats selling all kinds of things these days. rap artists anyone?

the criminal have somehow become the idol of generattions...
Stahlseele
probably because we see the big managers screw over everybody else using the laws and being applauded for it . .
sure, you fire 5000 people, you get promoted, you get a bonus that is bigger than those 5000 people would have cost in salaries in one year . .

As for Wolverine:
yeah, only hard part about him is the frigging healing.factor, anything else is easy enough and can be found in most street samurai close combat types O.o
i think i read somehwere that wolverine basically got thrown through a sun, then regrew in space but did not come back to the land of the living because there was no air for him to breathe so he simply kept dieing again and again . . then he fell on some planet, burning away to the bone again by reentry and then regrew . . he woke up, looked around and basically seemed like he only had a REALLY bad case of a hangover . . no idea where he was, and how he got there, hungry and wanting a cigarette and a beer . .
Draco18s
Wolverien in SR? A little hard, but I suggest that something similar could be done with SURGE (claws, fur) + Adept (Rapid Healing out the ass?)
InfinityzeN
Wolverine in SR? Actually pretty easy.

Spirit Pact to get Regeneration. Surge for a higher Body, Celerity, and any other 5 pointer you want. Add in a little bio and cyber (Bone Lacing, Spurs, etc) and your done.
crash2029
I've been working on Iron Man armor as a modded suit of heavy military armor. I realize that it cannot fly on its own, but with hydraulic jacks and strapped into a sparrow you can squint real hard and see flight. I'm a bit stuck on the integrated weapons. I can't figure out a way to use Ares Redlines. I mean they are pistols, sort of. But there is no cyber-implant laser pistol weapon. Additionally I am trying to figure out if you can integrate a few power satchel packs or a power backpack to run the lasers. Finally I figured on having an autoinjector loaded with the drugs that trauma patches administer. I mean is a dermal patch the only way to utilize the effects of a trauma patch.

By the way InfinityzeN, good idea on the spirit pact regeneration for wolverine.

There should be a thread for SR versions of superheroes. That would be cool.
hobgoblin
i think there have been back in sr3, not sure if one have showed up for sr4 yet...

btw, would not the lasers be mounted on the suit, not the man?
Browncoatone
Wolverine in SR? His basic "superpower" is regeneration so just make him a shapeshifter. Of course Wolverine is so much cooler than your pathetic knock-off is going to be so your regeneration won't be as good as his, but that's as things should be, don't you think?

rotate.gif
hobgoblin
one "funny" item to add.

iirc, at one point they stripped old hairy of his metal skeleton.

besides introducing the bone claws, this also introduced that his regeneration is even crazier then first suspected, only that the metal skeleton was slowing it down.

in other words, his regeneration ability works at the level of plot. just like hulk, or for that matter superman...
Uli
New Idea for Iron Man

How about Spirit Knack or Latent Awakening that becomes Spirit Knack so the character can have at least some implants? This way the character could do almost nothing and it would be all in his armor.
He is able to initiate once, learn Ally Conjuring and summon a (low power) air spirit inspired ally (that he could call "Jarvis") into his military armor. The result would be a dual natured armor with realistic form, aura masking, and immunity against normal weapons. The only problem would be carrying the character. But you could the spirit to be able to cast levitate.
But how many successes would the ally need for inhabitation? Just 3 for the armor or 3 +2 net hits for a successful flesh form?

Other New Idea

You could just play a magician or psionic who relies heavily on clumsy, heavy armored fetishes (clout, powerbolt, or laser in gauntlets, levitate in boots etc.). Which would be boring.
Uli
...this still leaves the problem that you can't anything into these armors. So no fancy, integrated weapons.
Jaid
start with a sparrow. add arms and legs.

mechanical arms and legs can be modified with anything that can go into cyberarms and cyberlegs.

does that help?
Uli
Not really, since you can't fit armor, the arms, and the other necessary equipment into the sparrow. And even if you overmodified it, it would remain quite fragile.
crash2029
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Feb 25 2009, 03:55 AM) *
i think there have been back in sr3, not sure if one have showed up for sr4 yet...

btw, would not the lasers be mounted on the suit, not the man?

The lasers would be mounted in the armor, however the rules for integrated weapons refers you over to cyberguns.
Jaid
there is a mod somewhere to add body rating to vehicles. this would presumably also increase the max armor rating, which might make the sparrow a bit more workable.

and definitely, no matter what you do ironman's armor is going to have to be overmodded. it can't be avoided.
Endroren
Here's my take on Shadowrun Iron Man:

TNN (Detroit) - UCAS military forces shot down an unidentified flying object over the Detroit suburb of Ferndale today. Residents of the area described what they saw as "a really small jet" hurtling through the air. Moments later, a streak of light that some claim was a surface-to-air missile rose from a local UCAS Military Installation, striking the object with an explosion that shattered nearby windows, and sending the wreckage crashing into the remains of an abandoned warehouse.

FOLLOW-UP

TNN (Detroit) - UCAS military spokesperson Lt. Matthew Eberle confirmed that the object shot down yesterday over a Detroit suburb was "a guy riding inside a homemade flying drone." "We have NO idea what this guy was thinking," stated Lt. Eberle. "We're not even sure how he intended to land the thing." The pilot is not reported to have survived.

Ta da!
hobgoblin
with the number of drones being used by both government and civilian alike, i find that somewhat hard to believe...
InfinityzeN
Heh! I like that.
Endroren
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 26 2009, 02:36 PM) *
with the number of drones being used by both government and civilian alike, i find that somewhat hard to believe...

Well it WAS a joke but....

Traffic Control: I have a fast moving object. From the size it could be a drone, but configuration is non-standard. It is moving VERY fast.
Station Boss: What does the scan say? Another one of those damn new FedEx transit drones?
Traffic Control: That's just it, sir. It isn't transmitting a signal and it's ignoring all air grid link attempts.
Station Boss: Have you called it in to central coordination?
Traffic Control: Yes, sir. It doesn't match any known corporate or municipal registered drone.
Station Boss: Well, just watch it and...
Traffic Control: Wait, it just changed course. It's picking up speed and heading for downtown, sir.
Station Boss: Dammit! Ping the base in Ferndale. Tell them what we've got.

Doesn't seem all that impossible to me!
hobgoblin
memo to self, put a fake transponder in the suit wink.gif
The Jake
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Feb 25 2009, 12:41 AM) *
Wolverine in SR? Actually pretty easy.

Spirit Pact to get Regeneration. Surge for a higher Body, Celerity, and any other 5 pointer you want. Add in a little bio and cyber (Bone Lacing, Spurs, etc) and your done.

Resurrecting this thread.

Don't forget he has to be a dwarf. Gotta be.

Wolvie is 5'3" and weights 195lbs ffs.

- J.
Medicineman
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Feb 25 2009, 11:08 PM) *
The lasers would be mounted in the armor, however the rules for integrated weapons refers you over to cyberguns.

No Lasers
Iron Man uses Repulsors
Weapons that aren't invented in SR
And for Flight I'd use a Drone not the Sparrow

Wolverine ist no Dwarf,he's just a short Guy

Hokahey
Medicineman
Stahlseele
Laser, Repulsor, same difference in Look and feel . .
TECHNICALLY, the Repulsors are there to help him control his flight.
So they are the same as the jets in his boots, just in his hands.

And Wolverine is SO a Dwarf . . he can be standing on a table and look other people square in the eyes . .
Zenfar
Back in the day, I created every superhero and villain in Champions. And the battles with the simulated the comics quite well. I think Iron Man is out of place in Shadowrun but I may be mistaken as I never got my gaming group to do more than a few intro adventures in Shadowrun. Wolverine seems like a perfect Shadowrun character also you could look at War Machine as he is basically a cyborg at this point out of the armor. Cable would be another cool choice.

hobgoblin
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 21 2009, 04:06 PM) *
And Wolverine is SO a Dwarf . . he can be standing on a table and look other people square in the eyes . .

half of that comes from his hunched over posture when in combat...

problem is that different artist gives him different heights. i recall comics where hes presented as going eye to eye with cyclops, on flat ground...
Zenfar
I would say Wolverine is a very tall Dwarf but a Dwarf none the less... At least in Shadowrun. I always thought he was cooler when he was shorter and wider.

Stahlseele
He is short, he his bulky, he is strong, he is resilent, he is grumpy, he favours bladed weapons, honor and going berserk in combat.
tell me that's NOT a dwarf ^^
InfinityzeN
QUOTE (Zenfar @ Apr 21 2009, 10:22 AM) *
...Cable would be another cool choice.

Hell yes! I need me some big honking Cable Guns, stat!
Stahlseele
LMG, PAC, HVAR, Minigun, Automatic Shotguns, LargeBore SMGs, Burst Capable Heavy Pistols, Laser and Sonic Rifles.
But yes, building cable as a magic adept with one cyber-arm/eye would be hardcore ^^
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 21 2009, 05:41 PM) *
He is short, he his bulky, he is strong, he is resilent, he is grumpy, he favours bladed weapons, honor and going berserk in combat.
tell me that's NOT a dwarf ^^

heh, now im reminded of a nature program showing a real life wolverine.

the damn thing walks around hunched most of the time. but thanks to its fur, its really hard to tell. interesting thing is that this makes it able to do feats of "jumping" as needed.

this one was filmed walking up to a abandoned cottage, with a broken window. it didnt even slow down, it just stretched out and was inside in the blink of and eye, and before that one could not tell that the thing should really reach that high.

as for the characters strength, i dont know. he has a skeleton thats nearly unbreakable, and a body that can heal almost as fast as it gets hurt. under that scenario, one can probably build up the habit of stretching the body beyond what a normal human would tolerate before pain and damage sets in.
Stahlseele
Furthermore he has been injected with something that seriously hampers the chemical/horme which stops muscle grow.
So he has literally more muscle than he should have.
Medicineman
Deadpool would be Cool in SR4 grinbig.gif

HeyaHeyaHeya
Medicineman
GreyBrother
Hmmm actually, painting and breaking the Fourth Wall should be easy with a Sam.

Or a Magician. Add a Mentor Spirit "Gamemaster" for extra fun and let both of them have conversations about the current plot while everyone else has to stay IC.
Bonuspoints if you pull off a convincing dialogue between you and your character which helps in your current plot and no one claims that you are a metagaming dick biggrin.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (GreyBrother @ Apr 22 2009, 07:55 AM) *

Or a Magician. Add a Mentor Spirit "Gamemaster" for extra fun and let both of them have conversations about the current plot while everyone else has to stay IC.
Bonuspoints if you pull off a convincing dialogue between you and your character which helps in your current plot and no one claims that you are a metagaming dick biggrin.gif

A friend of mine had a character concept once that was a guy who THOUGHT he was in a role playing game. Jon never elaborated one which game the character thought he was part of, but the idea was funny enough.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (GreyBrother @ Apr 22 2009, 02:55 PM) *

if it were not so completely out of character, add in common sense adge, then instead of the GM going:"are you REALLY sure you want to do that" every time you decide to do something stupid
GM:"Your character gives you the Finger and demands that you try it first."
KarmaInferno
Mentioned it before, but how about James Rhodes/War Machine as he is now?

Full body cyborg, interchangeable limbs, freaky tech-control ability to absorb and integrate other machines into his body structure. Absurd amounts of firepower.

a techno-zombie?
Stahlseele
With SR4 Armor/Vehicle-Mods, that should be pretty doable.
not cyber-zombie, not cyborg, simply someone fit enough to wear all that armor . .
Though the Cyborg approach would be the ultimate pinnacle in adaptability/modularity i guess O.o
The Absorbing and spitting out weapons on a whim one reminds me of the defilers from WH40K o.O
KarmaInferno
Yah, during the last major Marvel cross-title bash he got really mangled. He does not so much wear the armor anymore, he's more a full body borg that happens to resemble the old War Machine armor.

As I posted in another thread, last fight he got thrown into a fighter jet, which cinematically exploded. As he was passing through the debris cloud, using some funky magnetic fields, he grabbed one of the jet's engines, all it's remaining armament, and enough servos and armor to replace his then-missing legs and other damaged bits. He'd finished integrating them by the time he came out the other side of the explosion.

A bit earlier he absorbed a tank.

Ok, this is over the Top, even for Marvel standards O.o
and it's how i would build most battle-vehicles ^^
Shinobi Killfist
Wow the crap manga I read seems reasonable in comparison. Civil war burnt me out on marvel.
Stahlseele
Read Deadpool or Nextwave < = the funny ^^
Or World War Hulk, the complete shebang, for something that goes straight back to"oh no, somehow, i am the ruler of myth of some far away planet nobody knows anything about"
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 23 2009, 04:10 AM) *
Read Deadpool or Nextwave < = the funny ^^
Or World War Hulk, the complete shebang, for something that goes straight back to"oh no, somehow, i am the ruler of myth of some far away planet nobody knows anything about"

I did not like nextwave, though I am a deadpool fan when he is the merc with the mouth and not poser hero for hire. I tried to read world war hulk, I really did, but this giant sucking sound kept drowning out the words in my head.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012