Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Satanic Tradition
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Neondante @ Mar 12 2008, 01:32 PM) *
.....How would you like somebody raping your corpse? Because yes, necrophilia is rape.
Also, come on man, having sex with a dead pig? Do I REALLY need to explain more why that's wrong? Seriously. That's rape.

It's wrong, 'cause ewwwww, but I don't see how you can rape an inanimate object. That's like saying you rape a condom when you put it on.
mfb
considering that condoms have been made from sheep intestines for hundreds of years, that's not a bad comparison.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (mfb @ Mar 12 2008, 02:27 PM) *
considering that condoms have been made from sheep intestines for hundreds of years, that's not a bad comparison.

Oh man, my point just got a hundred times better. I'm a genius.
You're okay, too, mfb. wink.gif
mfb
heh, i think i only thought of it because a similar question came up in Quicksilver. some guy was wondering if having sex with a prostitute was actually a sin if he wore a sheepskin, since technically their naughty bits never touched. the response was something like "i think i'd rather get my name stricken from the Book for making love to a woman than for buggering a dead sheep."
Riley37
I try to live by a principle of minimizing harm to people around me, and to a lesser extent, other life around me. When I drive a car on public streets, I try to drive carefully and avoid accidents. The behavior which mimimizes risk of accidents overlaps strongly with the behavior prescribed by the California Vehicle Code... but it's not exactly the same. Legal but unsafe behavior: sometimes following the speed limit on a freeway at rush hour would actually obstruct traffic and increase risk, when pretty much everyone is driving 5 to 15 MPH over the legal limit and the far right lane has merging traffic. Safe and courteous behavior not required by law: CVC says to pull over and let traffic pass when *five* vehicles are stuck behind you on a narrow road; I pull over for even just *one* person stuck behind me, if they want to go fast on those winding hilly roads along the coast and I'd rather be a slowpoke.

Or put it another way: speeding *although* that happens to be against the law... or speeding *because* that's against the law.
So, would a Satanist intentionally violate traffic laws? Sounds like yes.
Would a Satanist intentionally violate the principles of safe driving AND also the law by staying up all night for sleep deprivation, driving a vehicle with worn-out brakes, AND doing 100 MPH in a school zone?

Is there a version in which one lives a life that deliberately flouts laws and traditions, yet tries to practice respect and compassion as measured by the actual impact on other metahumans (and any other sentient life)?

As for the pig question... I don't draw a big distinction between someone killing me and giving my body a respectful burial, killing me and eating the flesh, or killing me and humping the corpse. I draw a distinction between someone killing me, and not killing me, with a strong preference for the latter. Same thing applies if I ever get turned into a pig. (Hmm, I said much the same in another thread, responding to something by Hyzmarca.)

"I got turned into a cow! Can I go home?" - _The Emperor's New Groove_
Apathy
I thought that one of the basic tenets that people equated with Satanism was a rejection of the concepts of spirituality and of society's rules/expectations? By that criteria, once the pig is dead, it's not an animal anymore - it's just a bag of meat. It can't feel pain or fear, because it's not alive. There's no 'ghost of the pig' watching over the corpse and feeling appalled at what happened to its former body.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012