Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DNI is so last decade...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
hermit
Or the obligatory flamable explodo barrel in front of the corp goon squad.
kigmatzomat
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Mar 25 2008, 10:51 AM) *
Well heck, if you're gonna mod his vision to show one of the opponents is a mage, you may as well make sure he thinks your walking armored wall is the mage. Much better to have the enemy shooting your hardened street sam than your squishy hacker or mage.

I wasn't suggesting they imply there was a mage to cause them to shoot the mage instead of the hacker as much as to prevent them from thinking they'd been hacked. Ejecting clips and the like is a clear way to tell the opposition that you're in their PAN. You make them think they're being fragged with by a mage, and you've got another few passes to try and hack back through the overall network.

Although hacking their cyber so they see "spirits" may be a good way to send the opponent's mage on a wild goose chase. "Central, this is tango five. I've got the ghost of Elvis in sector two, please send an exorcist. He's singing Blue Hawaii and it's driving us nuts."
hermit
"Have you reset your commlink yet, as is standard MO? We don't want to send MageSec on another wild goose chase, do we?"
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (kigmatzomat @ Mar 25 2008, 04:21 PM) *
"Central, this is tango five. I've got the ghost of Elvis in sector two, please send an exorcist. He's singing Blue Hawaii and it's driving us nuts."
That is so much better of a plan with an actual Spirit of Elvis rather than some simple software suite. Would that just be a specialized spirit of man, or is it a different type altogether?
Nightwalker450
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm @ Mar 27 2008, 03:56 PM) *
That is so much better of a plan with an actual Spirit of Elvis rather than some simple software suite. Would that just be a specialized spirit of man, or is it a different type altogether?

Elvis should be his own spirit type, with an entire religion following him. grinbig.gif
kigmatzomat
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 27 2008, 03:55 PM) *
"Have you reset your commlink yet, as is standard MO? We don't want to send MageSec on another wild goose chase, do we?"

Hey, a couple of combat rounds while the guy's off-net works too.
hermit
Yeah, because he only uses guns thast can exclusively be fired via wireless link. Because, you know, NPC are really stupid.
Jhaiisiin
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 27 2008, 04:15 PM) *
Because, you know, NPC are really stupid.

Well duh!!! wink.gif
hermit
Allright, let's agree to disagree about playing styles, shall we?

Anyway, all the more reason to NOT link your cyber to your commlink.
Jhaiisiin
Uh, hermit, I was being sarcastic. Hence the wink face.
hermit
Ah, okay. Wasn't quite sure. smile.gif
b1ffov3rfl0w
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Mar 23 2008, 07:08 PM) *
It could be there are no rules because it wasn't intended to be hacked

This is the problem right here, I think -- you can't have a rule set for real hacking, because real hacking is about using things the way they were not intended to be used.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012