QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Oct 30 2008, 06:34 AM) *
In order of usefulness I'd go

BBB
Runner's Companion
Arsenal
Street Magic
Unwired
Augmentation

Why on *earth* would you put RC first? It's only useful if you want to munch out a character as completely as possible. The vast majority of it only applies to new character creation anyway, so it won't add much to an existing campaign.

As far as the English Arsenal cover goes-- dear gods! The perspective is awful, the ork woman is built like a man with breasts, and her arms are completely wrong.
the_real_elwood
QUOTE (psychophipps @ Oct 30 2008, 09:31 PM) *
My personal favorite Arsenal pic is the Scout holdout pistol without a trigger guard so if a character (re)holsters it they shoot themselves.

Whee! indifferent.gif

Yeah, they definitely phoned it in on some of the artwork. But it's a good book otherwise. The basic handbook never has enough gear for me, but then again, I always play a street sam character and really get into the gear.
MYST1C
QUOTE (psychophipps @ Oct 31 2008, 04:31 AM) *
My personal favorite Arsenal pic is the Scout holdout pistol without a trigger guard so if a character (re)holsters it they shoot themselves.

Trigger-blocking safety?
psychophipps
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Oct 31 2008, 01:00 AM) *
Trigger-blocking safety?

Since one of the Basic Four is "Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you have your sights on the target", I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean that replacing "booger hook" with "the edge of a holster" or " lip of your jeans pocket" makes it all A-Ok. All safeties (at least the good ones) will keep you from depressing the trigger when they're activated but a lot of people still manage to negligently shoot themselves or someone/thing else despite them being there.

In other words, don't add to the dumbass that people will already demonstrate all on their own, please. biggrin.gif
Fortune
This in a world where removing the trigger and shooting with a mere thought is somewhat common? I can imagine a fair number of accidents with that kind of set-up as well.
psychophipps
QUOTE (Fortune @ Oct 31 2008, 01:47 AM) *
This in a world where removing the trigger and shooting with a mere thought is somewhat common? I can imagine a fair number of accidents with that kind of set-up as well.

Oh, I'm sorry. The Scout isn't described as being a smartgun and holdouts have no slots for modifications so...

Yeah. indifferent.gif

And I agree completely. "Think hook on the bang switch" isn't much better.
Fortune
I never said anything about that particular gun being a Smartgun, or even capable of being adapted for such technology. In fact, I never mentioned, or even referred to the Scout (or any specific weapon) in my post. I merely mentioned the presence of trigger-less Smartguns in canon.
Mäx
QUOTE (psychophipps @ Oct 31 2008, 11:50 AM) *
Oh, I'm sorry. The Scout isn't described as being a smartgun and holdouts have no slots for modifications so...

All firearms have the same 6 slots for modifications.
psychophipps
QUOTE (Fortune @ Oct 31 2008, 01:57 AM) *
I merely mentioned the presence of trigger-less Smartguns in canon.

Which no true professional would ever be caught dead using (mostly because dead non-pros have been found carrying them). The risks of a malfunction with a firearm are enough that they regularly practice stoppage drills. Adding a potential electronic failure component without the mechanical backup is simply too risky in the mud, grit and general nastiness of combat.
psychophipps
QUOTE (Mäx @ Oct 31 2008, 10:40 AM) *
All firearms have the same 6 slots for modifications.

Arsenal pg 20. "Holdout pistols cannot mount any accessories."
hobgoblin
as in, no external mounts. accessories are not the same as modifications iirc...
Mäx
QUOTE (psychophipps @ Oct 31 2008, 10:17 PM) *
Arsenal pg 20. "Holdout pistols cannot mount any accessories."

Accessories are a completdly different think from modifications.

You can't add any accessories toa hold-out, But it's still has the same 6 availebull modification slots as all the other weapons.
psychophipps
QUOTE (Mäx @ Oct 31 2008, 12:50 PM) *
Accessories are a completdly different think from modifications.

You can't add any accessories toa hold-out, But it's still has the same 6 availebull modification slots as all the other weapons.

Good call on the RAW. We don't use RAW mod/accessory slots because we all know how firearm modification actually works so I missed the reference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012