Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rigging my own body
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Hasimir
Browsing through Augmentation I started to wonder: would it be possible to rig my own body?
I could get funky rigger bonuses for controlling my "drone-body" in hot-sim.
I could go hacking/rigging remotely while a Pilot/Agent moves me around as needed.

The rules for 'Borgs describe them as essentially a rigged humanoid drone.
But that's too problematic.

A full-cybered body is damn expansive.
Counting the need of 2 arms, 2 legs and 1 torso to be able to rig-drive my body...
...at standard-grade I'll have money to buy the rigger stuff, but not enough Essence left.
...at Alpha-grade I'll have the Essence, but not the money.

So I was thinking: why not going Bio-Drone?
It only costs 25k nuyen.gif and 0.5 Essence for a nice CAST to be implanted into my body!
Too bad for the availability of 25 that prevents me from doing it at Char-Gen sleepy.gif

I suppose I'll have to stick to the old turbo-wheelchair spin.gif

Anyway...is any of my ideas viable?
Or maybe I overlooked some fundamental detail that won't let them work even if, in actual play, I get money and opportunity?
Or is there some other way to work around (with vanilla canon rules) this limits?
Maybe some different oprion or way to rig?

I also have a question about Agents and Pilots.
Are they interchangable?
A Pilot is really a specialized agent that controls a kind of device.
An Agent is a "piloted" software that can perform 'trix actions.
So, can a Pilot be instructed to do 'trix stuff?
Can an Agent be instructed to "jump in" into a device?

And if not in this way...can an Agent command-control a Pilot's device, just like any hacker could do?

[EDIT]
A friend pointed out some calculation errors ( nyahnyah.gif ) and it turns out that a full-cyber body (no skull) is possible at Alphaware, burning 180k nuyen.gif and 4.8 Essence.
I counted in:
- 2 arms
- 2 legs
- 1 torso
- 1 Control Rig

I suppose there's no need to apply a vehicle Rigger Adaptation to the 'wared body, right? wink.gif
paws2sky
I'm highly amused, just for the record.

-paws
Slymoon
As am I.
Stahlseele
it is, more or less, a valid question . . if we can rig the cyber-samurai, or the rigger can scrape his brains out and make himself into a full cyber body drone . . why should we not be able to rig our allmost completely bio-samurai too?
of course, there's going to be Problems because the tech was meant for animals at first . .
Hasimir
So, I'm going for an Alphaware full-cyber body (arms, legs, torso, no skull).
I installed the Command Rig.

Should I install a Rigger Adaptation Mod?
How do I work out the Slots/Capacity?
Do I have 4 slots (or Body slots, wichever is higher) and also my normal amount of cyberware Capacity?
Can I use vehicle armor???
Drones far smaller than a human-sized body can use it...and anthropo drones use it...CAN/SHOULD I use it too?

Anyway I'm mounting cybereyes because I think that I need them in order to have a visual feed that can go into the rigging device.
And that lead me to a question: what would my Sensor rating be? biggrin.gif
Because even for Borgs it says to use INT or Sensor, wichever is lower...so how much is my Sensor Rating?

And by the way...what is the Handling of a antropomorph drone?

Do I use Gunnery to shoot and/or brawl/melee? or di I use a normal weapon-skill?
PlatonicPimp
With just augmentation, I too thought this was do-able. However, arsenal was kind enough to inform us that in order for a cyborg to be placed into something, it has to have the cyborg adaption modification. This is a vehicle option and is not available for biodrones.

So you could rigg your body, but you can't keep your brainjar in it. This sucks, because I totally wanted to put a cyborg in a Cyber-bear.
weblife
But you should, in theory, be able to rig your own body.

It would be like hacking into someone elses body, if they had the bio-drone interface thingy.

Basically you turn on ASIST override to make sure you do not twitch from your brain signals, then you boot up your bio-drone systems and take control of yourself like a puppet.

No cyber-brain or massive limb exchange needed.

Just take the rules for riggning someone else and apply them, as its the exact same situation. In this case, you happen to have your brain inside the bio-drone, but the principles are identical.

Might give you a quite disassociative relationship with your body which can't be healthy to explore in the long run, but its doesn't look impossible by a long shot. smile.gif

Remember though, you will need a Pilot program specifically written to pilot bi-ped biodrones to use captains-chair instead of being "driving" directly. You cannot simply slot any old Agent.
Jaid
by the way, you can't technically make human biodrones.

also, you technically don't rig your own body no matter how many cyberlimbs you have.

rigging your own body is not actually possible as such. you can get a fairly similar effect with a full cyberlimb body, but it's not quite the same.
Stahlseele
same difference as with player character ghouls and npc/critter ghouls more or less . . it just sucks to be you somehow *g*
now imagine someone else rigging you . . and having you run into a wall again and again just for shits and giggles ^^
Slymoon
Possible maybe, but it really seems bizarre.

Since your brain is already 'rigging' your body, it is almost a step backward to remove your natural rigging nervous system.

Though I suppose you could brainbox and install yourself in a 1982 TransAm (equipped with cylon style frontal sensor) and rig your human body, course to be the tops that needs to have a curly mullet.

That actually could be alot of fun... except for the jammers. Blasted jammers.
weblife
Skillwires.

If a body has skillwires, you can control all physical parts of the body. Typically the signal comes from a chip, goes through the brain and out into the nerve systems.

If however, the signal can be fed in at the top of the spinal cord, and you could write a Pilot human program, then you could rig someone just fine. Even if you were actually the brain inside the head of the body.

Look to bunrako parlors for the programming technology needed. They are able to slip their "workers" a chip that makes them react to given stimuli within the reaction patterns programmed into the personachip.

Mkay, so now we have a situation where, instead of a chip with a static persona and goals, you have a hacker who feeds new goals and actions to the body on the fly. Ie. a rigger.

Some unholy hybrid of skillwires and control software and you'd be set.
weblife
In SR 3 there were rules that allowed this wasn't there?
Jaid
QUOTE (weblife @ Jun 6 2008, 05:10 PM) *
Skillwires.

If a body has skillwires, you can control all physical parts of the body. Typically the signal comes from a chip, goes through the brain and out into the nerve systems.

If however, the signal can be fed in at the top of the spinal cord, and you could write a Pilot human program, then you could rig someone just fine. Even if you were actually the brain inside the head of the body.

Look to bunrako parlors for the programming technology needed. They are able to slip their "workers" a chip that makes them react to given stimuli within the reaction patterns programmed into the personachip.

Mkay, so now we have a situation where, instead of a chip with a static persona and goals, you have a hacker who feeds new goals and actions to the body on the fly. Ie. a rigger.

Some unholy hybrid of skillwires and control software and you'd be set.

no. you can't. you need a stirrup interface to rig a body, which is apparently based on move-by-wire. for some freakish reason, notwithstanding it's experimental (and not available for humans... yet, at least) it's a lot cheaper than move-by-wire is. regardless, that is the technology that you need to rig someone. not skillwires. skillwires give you a skill. they do not take over your body. if you hacked someone's skillwires, about the worst thing you could do is deny them the skills granted by said skillwire. you cannot take over their body, you especially cannot rig them (you would at the minimum require some way to get a simsense feed out of the person).

now of course, if you really want riggable humans in your game, you would be entirely within your rights to include a stirrup interface for humans. it would probably be rather brokenly powerful, but you could certainly do so if you wanted.

(incidentally, the stirrup interface is only availability 15 if you're willing to settle for rating 1...)
Stahlseele
QUOTE (weblife @ Jun 6 2008, 11:10 PM) *
In SR 3 there were rules that allowed this wasn't there?

no, not that i know of . . and even if rigging ain't my forte, cyber/bio more or less is my shtick o.O
closest was the snake-eye-system that let you experience sensory feed from the senses of propperly equipped characters . .
Hasimir
Skillwires!
That's genius!

I was writing a rather LOOOONG post explaining all my convoluted reasoning to make this "Living Drone" technology work...but there were many problems.
I'll quote the main one:
Jarhead transplant costs 250.000:nuyen: alone...meaning that at char-gen I can become a brain in a jar like those on Futurama...and that's it.
So it is not doable.

Bio-Drone rigging is affordable, but has a steep Availability of 25...meaning I can't have it at char-gen.
(Too bad, it was the easier way frown.gif )

I'm left with good old Cyberware, that IS expansive, but I originally miscalculated it as being even more expansive than it actually is.
So, now I'm trying THIS road.

I'm a human.
I get Alphaware cyber -legs -arms and -torso; the cyberskull has availability 16 so I can't have it.
Anyway now I have a completely mechanical body, or at least enough of it that I assume I can manouver it as a de-facto anthropomorph drone.
(jumping-in to just an arm while the rest of the body collapses doesn't seem very bright or usefull)

QUESTION: how do I equip it? as a cyber-body, or as a Drone?
Arsenal uses a Slot system, while BBB and Augmentation use the normal Capacity system ... how do they blend?

I'm inclined to assume that they overlap.

In Arsenal you can mount a robotic full arm on a drone/vehicle and the book says that you can fit it with cyberware.
On the other hand, drone/vehicle equipment comes in so many sizes that can be mounted on even insect-sized devices, and cat-sized divices, and human sized (and shaped!) devices...so it SHOULD also be mountable on a cybernetic body.

So...following this ideas...

Should I use drone/vehicle slots to mount a Rigger Adaptation Mod in the cyber body?
I assume all drones have one already fitted.
But does my own cyber-body needs one?
I would say "YES".
That's because a normal cyber-body (even just one cyber-limb) is built to receive command signals directly from the user's brain.
I am trying to "disconnect" the brain-to-nervous system chain of communication, overriding it with a VR environment simulation that will give me an edge...all my commands will go through the Command Rig, and all body inputs likewise will get to me through the same Rig ... to make the machine-body talk to the Rig I assume I will have to Adapt it.
Just like a car...using a rig middle interface instead of the "direct" wheel steering.

Skillwires make it all so easy!
Skillwires are basically the human/cyberware version of a drone/vehicular Rigger Adaptation!
This cancels the problem of useing Slots or Capacity alltogether (and the multitude of problems derived from Slot equipment compared to Capacity equipment).

Where can I find more info on these "bunrako parlors" and their employees?
Stahlseele
Shadows of Asia probably O.o
Leofski
It may just be my memory fading away, but didn't some woman get rigged outside the ACHE in Emergence. Not got my copy to hand.
Hasimir
The forum is impossible to use...my previous post was made long before Jaid posted -_-
I have to say that what Jaid says makes a lot of sense, but then what about those people in the "bunrako parlors"?
Maybe they were not controlled by the persona-chip, but only personality-sculpted...like...I am me, and I control my body, but the chip influences my personality?

Anyway in the worst case scenario I think I'll stick to the full-cyber body, with a Rigger Adaptation based on the one in the Stirrup Interface...no Move-by-Wire bonuses, just a plain old Rigg Adaptation for an anthropomorph drone.
Judging from the numbers it should come at about 5.000 nuyen.gif and 0.5 Essence.

But please, keep critics and suggestions coming! smile.gif
Hasimir
For Sensor rating I'm gonna apply this "soon to be errata" rule:
First, make all sensors have a rating. The cost, if they don't have a rating as currently written, will be Rating x base cost. So for instance a rating 1 camera would be 50, and a rating 6 would be 300. Each upgrade (like lowlight, vision enhancement, etc) costs 1 capacity. I think ratings should stay capped at 6, because riggers will become retardedly accurate otherwise -- If you have 6(8 ) gunnery + 2 smartlink + 6 sensors + 6 for active targetting, that's 20 dice. If you let ratings go up to, say, 12, riggers won't be physically able to miss using active targetting.
Jaid
QUOTE (Hasimir @ Jun 6 2008, 05:37 PM) *
The forum is impossible to use...my previous post was made long before Jaid posted -_-
I have to say that what Jaid says makes a lot of sense, but then what about those people in the "bunrako parlors"?
Maybe they were not controlled by the persona-chip, but only personality-sculpted...like...I am me, and I control my body, but the chip influences my personality?

basically, yes. that and the fact that the bunraku dolls are controlled with addiction, threats of horrible things happening to them should they attempt to fight back, a lack of any other way to survive, etc.
Hasimir
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jun 6 2008, 09:19 PM) *
basically, yes. that and the fact that the bunraku dolls are controlled with addiction, threats of horrible things happening to them should they attempt to fight back, a lack of any other way to survive, etc.

mmm...nice...Thats a way of life I can look forward when I retire from the 'runs rotfl.gif
Hasimir
Since turning a body into a riggable device seems to have some inherent difficulties ( nyahnyah.gif ) I'm trying to work a different angle.

So, let's say I pick up an Evo Orderly.
It's basically a comfortable drone-chair with 4 walker legs and 2 full arms (and a Medikit 6 Unit).

Now...if I apply to it a Rigger Cocoon I basycally have a 4 legged power-armor that I can manouver through rigging.
The Cocoon itself is a Barrier with Armor 20 and Structure 10, and the drone-frame can get up to 9 points of vehicular Armor...quite enough for "walker" usage.

Now...the book says that the arms can be considered as normal cyberarms and be fitted with appropriate cyberware.
Can the same happen to the legs?

If I manouver the arms of a drone to use a gun, do I roll Gunnery or Pistol?
Hasimir
Let's see if I did my homework right.
All modification effects are already calculated in the Drone profile; what didn't fit there was noted beside the specific modification.

Walker Exoskeleton MK-I = 47100 nuyen.gif
> Handling +1
> Acceleration 5/20 (10/40 hoovering)
> Speed 40
> Pilot 3
> Body 3
> Armor 3
> Sensors 4(6)

Basic Frame:
- Evo Orderly = 2000 Y

Standard Free Upgrades:
- Medikit 6
- 2 cyberarms (B/A/S = 3)
- 4 cyberlegs (B/A/S = 3)

Slot Upgrades: 4 Slots + 1 Overmodification
- Armor +6 = 1200 Y
- Touch Sensor (+1 Perception/Sensor test, -2 Biofeedback) = 1500 Y
- Nanomaintenence 2 = 10000 Y
- Rigger Cocoon (Barrier 20, Structure 10) = 1500 Y
- overmod Fuzzy Logic (+2 on Pilot Complex Actions) = 5000 Y

Cyber -Arm -Leg Upgrades:
- 2 cyberhand Snake Fingers = 2000 Y
- 4 cyberleg Modular Adaptation = 2000 Y
- 4 Skimmer Discs = 10000 Y

Sensor Package: 8 Capacity
- Ultrawide Radar 4 = 2000 Y
- Camera + Thermic Vision + Flare Compensation 6 = 750 Y

Other Upgrades:
- Electronical Hardening 6 = 150 Y

Onboard Software:
- Autosoft 3 (Clearsight / Defense / EW / Manouver / Targeting / Medical) = 9000 Y

Now.
If the droid picks up a gun and shoots, he will roll Pilot+Targeting, right?
If I'm jumped in and make the droid pick up a gun and shoot...do I roll Sensor+Gunnery? or Sensor+Pistol?
And if it tryes to brawl or pick up a blade? what is rolled? can I compile a "Melee Autosoft" ?
Stahlseele
you know . . you have indeed built an anime-like mecha with the hovering o.O
i am impressed ^^
it's probably the closest to a tachikoma too *grins*
Hasimir
Stupid question, but... If I have a Control Rig, do I still need a dataport? o_O
Same question, but with a Cyber-Commlink?

Can a Satellite Link be fitted INTO a Cyber-Commlink?
Or do I need to jack it from outside?
Stahlseele
somehow, Rigging-Stuff never really came with input/output devices as far as i remember . .
we allways ruled it that it came with one to three datajacks that were dedicated to the rigging stuff and could not to much more . .
Hasimir
So...an Agent can NOT "jump-in" to a device and manouver it like a Pilot.
And that's a well known fact smile.gif

But can it behave as a hacker and manouver it through a Command+Response action?
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Hasimir @ Jun 7 2008, 07:35 PM) *
Stupid question, but... If I have a Control Rig, do I still need a dataport? o_O
Same question, but with a Cyber-Commlink?

"In 2070, almost every device is computerized and equipped with a wireless link - from guns to toasters to clothing to sensors to cyberware. As a rule, assume that any gear item that is electronic or mechanical has a wireless-enabled computer in it." SR4 Core Rules, p.304

So, no, you don't need a datajack for either the Control Rig or the implanted Commlink. The datajack is still quite handy for paranoid types who insist on turning off the wireless functionality of their implants to reduce their vulnerability footprint for hacking attempts.
Synner667
Peter F Hamilton does something similar in one of his short stories...
...The person has a major accident, and his brain is installed in a fighting machine [which wins its fights because of something no-one can copy], running the body as a drone the rest of the time [which is twitchy and not very well co-ordinated].
Hasimir
QUOTE (Synner667 @ Jun 8 2008, 07:02 PM) *
Peter F Hamilton does something similar in one of his short stories...
...The person has a major accident, and his brain is installed in a fighting machine [which wins its fights because of something no-one can copy], running the body as a drone the rest of the time [which is twitchy and not very well co-ordinated].

That would be a full borg "Jarhead" ... exactly as described in Augmentation.
A humanoid drone, but evidently inhuman in behaviour.
I'll get there, one day cyber.gif

In the meantime I'll make do with my Tachikoma unit spin.gif
Hasimir
Question: I'm rigging a drone with a functional arm ... the arm holds a gun ... the gun is smart ... do I get the smart-weapon bonus? or do I also need a smartlink implant?
(smartlink goggles are unlikely anyway since I'm in full-VR)
Jackstand
I think that the drone needs a smartlink.
Stahlseele
hrm . . why hasn't anybody mentioned Cybots as a comparsion for Cyborgs yet?
Hasimir
1) so, a smartlink interface in the Drone sensors?

2) What are cybots?
Stahlseele
Cybots are more or less coffins/Stabilization Unit Deluxe with armor, Arms, Legs, Weapons, more Weapons, and an almost dead person inside being kept alive by the machinery and basiacally rigging the whole thing from within . . they are from Warhammer 40.000 . . and i just found out that they are called cybot in germany and dreadnough in english speaking countries x.x
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Space_Marine_Dreadnought
Jaid
in that case, i have talked about them more or less.

i used it to show that the cyborg adaptation is hugely overpriced, and that charging that much for a character to be one is just silly because it isn't actually worth that much.

seriously, as a cyborg, you're paying something around 100k nuyen.gif iirc just to be really small. and that assumes you even buy all the components, some of which are just not very awesome compared to their price.
Stahlseele
the general idea that makes this so damn awesome is i think the ability to put your brain in a jar and place that jar on a flying drone with arms so you can switch bodies like other people switch guns . . hey, i'm tiny! hey, i am that huge fragging tank! hey,i am a birdy! hey, i am that flying fortress! hey, i am that badass robot punching dragons!
Jaid
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 9 2008, 05:19 PM) *
the general idea that makes this so damn awesome is i think the ability to put your brain in a jar and place that jar on a flying drone with arms so you can switch bodies like other people switch guns . . hey, i'm tiny! hey, i am that huge fragging tank! hey,i am a birdy! hey, i am that flying fortress! hey, i am that badass robot punching dragons!

sure, but that can be accomplished by getting modular cyberlimbs, minus the cyberlimbs part. sure, you're bigger than a CCU, but it's much cheaper in essence and money, and it doesn't screw you over in buying mental attributes, you can still add in a body later on, etc.
Stahlseele
as far as the rules are concerned: no, it is NOT possible with just using a modular cyber-HEAD . .
i was thinking the doctor from captain future . . with the ability to just dock to anything, no matter the size . . from a little tiny RC Car to an 1000t Tank O.o
Hasimir
Question: Commlink Upgrades.

Let's say I have a Meta-link device, which has Response 1.
To upgrade it, do I have to buy Respons 2, then 3, then 4, then 5? ...for a total of 750 + 1250 + 2000 + 4000 = +8000?
Or do I just buy a rating 5 device at 4000?
Fortune
The latter. smile.gif
Trollered
Well in my own case I was thinking of creating a Power Armor of sorts. Now i know I'm stretching things for my own purpose but after looking through Aresenal I figured if you could make a Smart weapon, surely you can make Smart Armor. Using that thought it's only another one to outfit a Heavy Milspec Armor (I think that was the name) with Rigger controls and proceede from there.

Is my thnking flawed? How much Capacity do you think it would take up?
Stahlseele
use smart metals . . you can wear your sword as your belt, why not your armor as your t-shirt?
D2F
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jun 6 2008, 09:20 PM) *
by the way, you can't technically make human biodrones.

Says who?

According to the RAW, we are looking at the following:

QUOTE (p.152 Augmentation)
Each CAST implant is designed for a specific type of animal.

Humans are merely highly developed animals. Since CAST Cyberware is a type-specific development I see nothing that rules out human CAST interfaces (other than massive lawyering nightmares with human rights groups).

The price given in the table below assumes a fish, bird, or mammal brain, accessing senses that exist in natural animals.

Humans are by defnition mammals. Even more precise, Humans are primates:

CAST systems for primates or other animals of higher intelligence are substantially more expensive (at least twice the listed cost). The gamemaster should use his discretion on whether the device in question should be permitted and what it should cost.

So, we're looking at a cost of approximately 50,000+¥ for the CAST cyberware for humans.

Now, as for the actual rigging process, we need to look at the Stirrup Interface:
QUOTE (p.153 Augmentation)
Stirrup Interface: This interface is based on an advanced move-by-wire system (p. 40) and provides all of the same bonuses and benefits, including the embedded skillwire system. Additionally, it adds a remote control rig adaptation that allows a rigger to both monitor the exact movements of the animal as well as to “jump in” and control it directly through full-immersion VR.
The subject animal may make full use of its own faculties and skills, except when the rigger is “jumped in.” A rigger jumped into the recipient will use his own skills at a –1 dice pool penalty when performing any actions. The recipient can be controlled by a specialized Pilot program, but then functions exactly like a regular drone.

So, not only would the character be able to rig itself, it would also be able to use its own skills (albeit at at -1 dice pool penalty). Even the use of a Pilot software would be possible, to have their own body rigged by the Pilot, while they surf the matrix (as was the OP's question)
Naturally, the Stirrup Interface would be an absolute requirement for the OP's plan to work and add additional costs between 45,000-100,000¥

In other words, the lowest estimate would be 95,000¥ and 3,0E while providing the same benefits as a MBW1.
Obviously, you would require special permission from your GM, as the CAST has an availability of 25.

In conclusion: I see no rules that forbid human biodrones. There will obviously be legal consequences within the SR universe, but from pure rules perspective I can find no reason to object. Keep in mind: (Meta-)Humans are animals as well (Anthropoidea, to be precicse)

Tias
Probably a stupid question, but I know nothing about hacking - I'm thinking, as long as a person has a direct neural link or interface of some kind + skill-wires, would it not be possible to code or hack a way to "ride" that person through their link and skillwires?
D2F
QUOTE (Tias @ Feb 23 2010, 04:04 PM) *
Probably a stupid question, but I know nothing about hacking - I'm thinking, as long as a person has a direct neural link or interface of some kind + skill-wires, would it not be possible to code or hack a way to "ride" that person through their link and skillwires?

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: The brain is not a Computer. It does not accept code from outside sources. So, while you might be able to send stimuli through a DNI (note: might) it would not be sufficient information for the brain to interpret it as a decision and act accordingly.
You could argue that a MBW system might work, but seeing as there are particular rules for the Stirrup Interface and considering the fluff around it, it seems unlikely that a regular MBW system would be able to interpret outside data that way or interface with regular matrix code.
The main problem here (with the MBW) will be protocols and code. Same reason, why a windows virus won't work on a linux system. They are just not compatible.
Could you write an emulator? You most certainly could (the Stirrup Interface stands testament to that fact in the SR universe), but it would have to run on the "target node" (read: brain) and since the brain cannot store or process digital Information that might prove difficult, to say the least.

A really crafty hacker, with a TON of knowledge in neurocognition might be able to use the mentioned MBW or DNI as a crude BMI, but that would allow him only rudimentary influence and most certainly no direct control with any kind of precision (e.g. you might be able to cause a seizure, or cause sudden blindness or cause indiscriminate hallucinations, all depending where the DNI or MBW intersects with the brain, but you couldn't make them move in a certain direction or perceive a specific stimulus pattern).

Was that the answer you were looking for?
Tias
Yeah, thanks a lot smile.gif

I'm thinking that there must be some extreme athletes, fetichists or extremely skilled crackers that have looked into either controlling a voluntary subject or "cracking" someone using move-by-wire or similar systems. It's food for thought, definitely.
Achsin
Since riggers in hot sim take biofeedback damage every time the drone that they are rigging is hit, wouldn't rigging your own body effectively multiply all damage that you take by 1.5? as you resist it with body and armor, take the damage, then resist that damage again with willpower + biofeedback. True, the second set of damage is stun, but every little bit hurts.
D2F
QUOTE (Achsin @ Feb 24 2010, 12:25 AM) *
Since riggers in hot sim take biofeedback damage every time the drone that they are rigging is hit, wouldn't rigging your own body effectively multiply all damage that you take by 1.5? as you resist it with body and armor, take the damage, then resist that damage again with willpower + biofeedback. True, the second set of damage is stun, but every little bit hurts.

No one forces you to use hot sim =)
Achsin
true, but you would miss out on the +2 die bonus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012