Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suppressing a room through a wall
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
CanRay
QUOTE (psychophipps @ Jul 24 2008, 12:31 PM) *
I based my calculations upon the fairly-standard 750 rpm rate of many GPMGs. 750 rpm/60 = 12.5 rps 200 round belt/12.5 rps = 16 seconds of Ayatolla of Rock n' Rolla, baby!

Now, base it on the MG3 GPMG! devil.gif
psychophipps
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 24 2008, 09:09 AM) *
Unless they deserve it. Like, say, pissing off a Mercenary Crew that do use tactics just like this, and were just hired to get rid of the 'Runners in question.

Revenge and money, love in a merc's mind!

Want to make it really, nasty? Have a rigger be the firing solutions source and use an auto-pod for the machinegun. Range would be...what? 6 meters or so at the most for a typical hotel room? Then you ain't exactly firing blind, eh? cyber.gif
psychophipps
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 24 2008, 09:34 AM) *
Now, base it on the MG3 GPMG! devil.gif

10.43 seconds of blazing death and one seriously hot barrel! Can I get a "Holy Frijole?!?" cyber.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (psychophipps @ Jul 24 2008, 12:35 PM) *
Want to make it really, nasty? Have a rigger be the firing solutions source and use an auto-pod for the machinegun. Range would be...what? 6 meters or so at the most for a typical hotel room? Then you ain't exactly firing blind, eh? cyber.gif

And, again, something a Merc Unit would do.

Put those down in Urban/Roadway on pre-designated routes, and you can funnel infantry and softskin vehicles to where you want them with a minimum of manpower, and none of those nasty land mines! One, two Riggers and you got it. And GPMGs aren't that expensive.

Only problem is lack of radio silence, but a couple of really long fiber-optic cables secreted around could get around that. Just because you can get things wireless now, doesn't mean you have to!
CanRay
QUOTE (psychophipps @ Jul 24 2008, 12:38 PM) *
10.43 seconds of blazing death and one seriously hot barrel! Can I get a "Holy Frijole?!?" cyber.gif

< Crapgame >Very good. You win a cookie.< /Crapgame >
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012