Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shoot the mage first?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Platinum Dragon
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Aug 1 2008, 05:23 AM) *
Most mages (excluding PC's, because then it just becomes number-crunching), will not overcast unless pressed. Overcasting hurts - even if you do not actually take damage, it is still painful.

Just quickly adressing this point: Sure, if I'm casting 'summon martini' I'm not going to overcast (unless I have a 30pt addiction to alcohol), but if I'm hiding behind a cargo container with lead buzzing overhead and grenades swiftly tearing through the available places to hide, I'd open with max overcasts and move from there. Sure, my hands will feel like they're on fire, and I'll have a migrane for a week, but at least I'm far more likely to come out of it alive and notably free of bullet holes.

There are reasons not to overcast, even in that situation: astral signatures, knowing you'll need to be at the top of your game for the next gunfight and so forth, but when your life is on the line, what's a little internal bleeding to you?
Shiloh
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Jul 31 2008, 03:35 PM) *
What does a runner team do when it's stuck in a high security facility without a hacker, with the opposition controlling doors, lighting, surveilance cameras and drone networks?

Apply the composition. Let loose the Agents. Cast the Clairvoyance spells. It's already gone noisy, let's rock and roll.

A goodly chunk of the time the Hacker doesn't need to be on-site, but the Mage almost always does, or is more seriously impaired if operating solely from the Astral Plane.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012