Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Rant
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Naysayer
QUOTE (Not of this World @ Aug 19 2008, 01:48 PM) *
(snip) Computer game companies are simply getting better at reaching out to their market and making better games. (snap)

Awesome!
Where are these games, and when can we play them?
Redjack
QUOTE (Naysayer @ Aug 19 2008, 12:22 PM) *
Awesome!
Where are these games, and when can we play them?
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!!!!
paws2sky
QUOTE (Redjack @ Aug 19 2008, 01:28 PM) *
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!!!!

Yeah, that had to be said. smile.gif

-paws
Ancient History
I was gonna say Domionions III...or Dwarf Fortress...
Cain
Too much to respond to, but I will hit on one point:

QUOTE (kzt @ Aug 18 2008, 10:32 PM) *
Part of this is that you can't really get useful feedback on issues from the people who know what the ideas behind the rules are. (Defensive posturing doesn't count as useful feedback) Particularly when you compare it to something like hero, where there is a rules question forum, and the line developer is the only one who can post answers. Which he normally does in under 24 hours. Most of the answers are of the "The text on 5ER 81, under the heading ..." type, but that's also how the several hundred page long FAQ got built, so some questions are non-obvious or just keep coming up.

In one Catalyst Chat, a developer was asked some rules questions, and got them very wrong. I can't recall who it was, and it really doesn't matter; even developers make mistakes. The issue here is that when I have a rules problem, I shouldn't be required to have a solution before I can make a complaint about it. It should be enough that there is a problem, and we need a fix.
Ancient History
For the record Cain, that was me. Terrible oops, the type of thing that happens when you try to answer too much too fast. If to err is human, than I am extremely human.
Cain
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Aug 19 2008, 03:03 PM) *
For the record Cain, that was me. Terrible oops, the type of thing that happens when you try to answer too much too fast. If to err is human, than I am extremely human.

No big deal. It just goes to show that everyone can make a mistake.

The point is, however, that not even developers are infallible. Mistakes are made. As long as they're recognized and fixed, it's not a big deal. However, demanding that the customer solve the mistake is not a good response.
kzt
QUOTE (Cain @ Aug 19 2008, 05:03 PM) *
No big deal. It just goes to show that everyone can make a mistake.

To err is human. But I'm not sure Steve Long is human.... spin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012