Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pimp my Gunbunny
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
ElFenrir
On regular, non-full parry: 10. (Base Martial Arts of 4 + reaction 6. If you specialized in Parry, then you count the specialization.)

On full-defense(where you can add gymnastics dodge): 15 with the Synthacardium. So yeah, wouldn't need the full parry.

Getting +2 to DEFENSE tests, though...that goes without full parry, and would bring you to 12 dice to roll whenever you even get attacked. Again, just a suggestion...that IS what ''pimp my character'' threads are for. biggrin.gif
DreadPirateKitten
I agree!

I totally want to beat people down with sledge hammer fists of fury, though!
Glyph
Actually, a martial arts specialization adds to parry when appropriate (blocking kicks, strikes, or weapons, but maybe not subduing attacks, unless one of the martial arts is something like wrestling). That's still 12 dice, though, not 13.

For full defense, gymnastics dodge gives you Reaction + melee skill + gymnastics, which is 6 + 4 (+2) + 2 (+3) = 17 dice. For full parry, you would get Reaction + melee skill x 2, which is 6 + [(4x2) +2] = 16 dice. The latter is a better setup for some of your maneuvers, though.
ElFenrir
Hmm...I always thought(or was told, anyway...even read here several times), that there was a specific Parry specialization for martial arts, that you used when Parrying.

In fact...why would anyone ever take a Parry specialization when they could just parry anything with their MA specialization? That's why I was counting it the other way. The only thing they couldn't parry at that point was subdual.

Something sounds off about that. The Parry specialization is essentially useless, then.
Glyph
I kind of agree. I wish they had simply had a "striking" specialization for unarmed combat, instead of a martial arts specialization that requires constant GM judgement calls on whether it applies in a given situation or not. Even a specialization called martial arts is kind of dumb, since unarmed combat is martial arts.
DreadPirateKitten
Its a sad day when Hyzmarca doesnt swing by a thread like this with sexual comments. =(
hyzmarca
I only make sexual comments in threads which actually call for them. Double-entendre title aside, this thread doesn't.

I'm going to recommend an Ares Alpha. It's a classic for a reason; you never know when you'll need to shoot a grenade at something.
DreadPirateKitten
I had one, but I had to sacrifice it for money.

I'll buy one in game with some of the cash we'll be earning. One of my contacts is a black market arms dealer for a reason!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012