Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lifespan
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Wesley Street
Harlequin/Laughing Man hasn't been active in SR4 as of late but that may change with Dawn of the Artifacts.
MaxMahem
Yeah, now as I recall the Chromed Accountant used to do shadow work for the IRS. How cool is that? I'm sure if I put my players up against a black-ops team from the IRS they will run screaming in fear. Despite what the Chromed Accountant says, I imagine them being fearsome beyond belief. I mean death and taxes man, death and taxes.

---

But SPD was always one of my favorite sources of shadowtalk. I don't belive he's had anything to say since 4ed started up, but he is referenced in a couple places. (I personaly would rate his Area Knowledge for Seattle at a 7, BTW).

I know we have some 20th aneverary products coming up for SR... a "Where are they now" bit would be extra cool I think.
Wesley Street
The Chromed Accountant hasn't made an appearance in SR4 either. He may be retired or "retired." A runner by the handle of Mr. Bonds has been handling the business and money postings.

The IRS would make for a terrifying target.
Ranneko
If you don't use normal animal lifespans for shifters, how long does it take them to mature?

How long does a wolf shapeshifter spend as a puppy?
Cardul
NeonSamurai, KAM, and a few others have also shown up in 4th Edition books....

I am sad they supposedly off Fatima in the upcoming Ghost Cartels book frown.gif
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Ranneko @ Sep 23 2008, 09:54 PM) *
If you don't use normal animal lifespans for shifters, how long does it take them to mature?
How long does a wolf shapeshifter spend as a puppy?
By RAW:
  • "Shapeshifters also appear to be much longer-lived than their equivalent parent species; initial studies suggest a lifespan comparable to orks, though this takes into account the generally violent lives led by shapeshifters and their lack of access to regular medical care."
    (Runner's Companion, p. 66)
  • "Shapeshifter characters mature at the same rate as their parent species, but have longer lifespans, comparable to orks."
    (Runner's Companion, p. 86)
For a bit more variability, I house rule that Shapeshifter life spans are the average of critter and human. For the common types this gives the following: (table also includes normal critter age of maturity)
CODE
RACE    MATURITY    LIFE SPAN
Ork       13+         40-60+
SPECIES          CRITTER SHIFTER
Bear       4     30-40+  53-70+
Eagle      4     30-50+  53-75+
Fox        1     10-15+  43-58+
Jaguar     3     15-20+  45-60+
Leopard    2     15-20+  45-60+
Lion       3     15-30+  45-65+
Seal       5     25-30+  50-65+
Tiger      4     15-25+  45-63+
Wolf       3     15-20+  45-60+
You'll note that except for bears and eagles, max ork life span is pretty close for all the common types.
Fortune
QUOTE (Cardul @ Sep 24 2008, 01:23 PM) *
I am sad they supposedly off Fatima in the upcoming Ghost Cartels book

I'm not! Trog slitch had to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012