Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What ware would you get
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
NightmareX
It all depends on if I was Awakened or not. If so we're talking a headware commlink (with sim module), cybereyes (rating 1 with lowlight and vision mag), cyberears (rating 1 with audio enhancement 2 and select sound filter 2), and a sleep regulator.

If I wasn't Awakened, we're talking alot more drastic. Datajack, headware commlink (with sim module), cybereyes (rating 2 with lowlight, vision mag, flare compensation, and smartlink), cyberears (rating 1 with audio enhancement 2 and select sound filter 2), math SPU, skillwires (rating 5), skillwire expert system, OXSYS cybergills, retractable climbing claws, dietware, synaptic booster (rating 3), and a sleep regulator. Probably silky skin and some nanotats too. That leaves me with 1.55 Essence. Why so much? Cause if I can't have magic (in a world with magic) I'm damn well gonna have as much fun as humanly possible. Likely end up a hacker wink.gif
Platinum Dragon
If we're talking the actual shadowrun world where implanting cyber causes you to lose 'essence' (and this is known), I'd probably remain clean.

If we're talking about real-world where aug's don't inherently screw over your life force, the list is long. And mostly bio - cybergear is cool, but it'd freak other people out too much, and I'd rather stay 'normal.'
DV8
Nothing. I would get nothing.
Sir_Psycho
By the way, the Penile implant is a catchall term for genitalia cyberware. Re-read the description in Augmentation.

I have glasses, but I don't mind, so no cyber-eyes for me. Cyber-ears however. That would be awesome. I have an audible ringing in my ears from live music. Cyber-ears with Dampener mods would help save my eardrums (by taking them out, serendipitously). Also, audio enhancement at rating 3 and a select sound filter? That would be awesome, listening to any conversation I wanted withing a huge radius, and no-one could know! Also, never need mp3 players again, because I could just load my tunes into my ears and operate the media player via DNI. Why not throw in increased sensitivity so I can hear dog whistles and other crazy frequencies. Definately would go for cyber-ears. I wouldn't mind the essence loss, either, because my ears freak me out enough, as sometimes I have these surreal hallucinations of sounds that aren't there, and echos where there shouldn't be, not to mention the ringing.

Come to think of it, cyber-eyes would also be awesome. Not just for the different vision modes and being able to never have glare again. But you can take photos with a thought. Think of the candid oportunities! Not to mention microscopic vision for checking what things look like super close, and maybe even a handy tool laser.

Also, implanted air tank. I could afford that! It's 750 dollars, and it allows you to not breathe for two hours! Then come up for 5 minutes of air and then have another two hours! Reef diving would be great! All you'd need is a pair of goggles. And none of the public freakout of changing into your boardies and everyone seeing your gills.

As for bioware, I wouldn't want a cerebral booster. My own mental acuity seems so much a part of me, for better and for worse, that it would feel like too much of a change. Mnemonic enhancer? Sure, my memory is pretty bad. Sleep regulator would be a must, so much more time to live!

As for headware? Definately. An Encephalon and a Math SPU would allow me to designate all the mathematical thinking that I'm no good at, like working out change and shadowrun mechanics could be handled by that! This would give me more time for creative thought and much less stress!
Voran
I'd probably stick with bioware. I'm assuming the example is for 'current day'. Cyber in current day would draw too much attention, and potentially have too many hassles for maintenance and the like. Bioware, on the other hand, is more or less linked to your natural body, so it'll heal up and such. Plus, my risk-situation would be low, unlike a runner, I wouldn't be facing the line of fire or much trauma on a regular basis.

I'd probably go for a nice broad spectrum coverage of bioware, from int boosters to strength/dex boosting (low grade, I don't need, nor want to come off as too unnatural), synthacardium, maybe some stuff to help reduce my chances of getting sick/ill/poisoned, enhanced articulation and perhaps some low-key bone mods for long term bone health when I get old. I'd probably go for the cosmetic or general bioware, like the sleep regulator, that bioware that makes you stink less.

I'm iffy on cultured pheromones. I'd probably skip them.

Oh and if there's a bioware that helps me resist stuff like cancer, or STDs, that'd be perfect.
KCKitsune
I was going on the assumption that we would have to pay for all this gear out of our pocket. If I could get all the gear I wanted without worrying about money then it would be the following

Cyberware
Cybercommlink (6/6)
Displaylink eye mod
IOL's* w/ Lowlight, thermo, flair comp, vision mag, vision enhancement 3,
Cyberears w/ Audio Enhancement 3, Increased sensitivity, Balance enhancer, Spatial Reconizer
Nano Biomonitor
Nanohive 6 with a lot of good nanites.

Bioware
Synaptic Booster 3
Sleep Regulator

=======================================================

* = IntraOccular Lens = tech that we have today (minus the enhancement part... for now)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intraocular_lens
Tarantula
I'd rule the "intraoccular lens" as equivalent to the retinal implants you can get as enhancements to your meat eyes without replaeing them. No free crap for you!
Coldhand Jake
As a tubby bastard, I'd have to go with:

Cybercommlink (6/6), with Sim Module
Datajack (With the Ghost in the Shell reel-in cable)
Cybereyes w/lowlight, protective covers for swimming
Cyberears w/select sound filter
Programmable hair and tattoos

Sleep Regulator
Clean Metabolism
Dietware
Silky Skin
*Bioalterations to compensate for going from 350 to 220 lbs.(lipo/tummy tuck, all done with no scars!)
Corrective Gene Therapies (To remove heredetary diseases within my family)

I wouldn't need cultured pheramones and a penile implant if I could just lose this ogre build of mine...but of course, if ANYONE ever ended up an Augmentation Addict or hooked on constant Matrix feed, it'd be me...then the body and brain augs starts being put on the credit card...and guess who has to geek people to maintain his City of Villains habit...
Sir_Psycho
I had a heart attack when I was sixteen, so throw in a synthacardium to nip that in the bud.

Also, is there a cyber/bio modification that can let you extract delicious nicotine without getting emphysaema and cancer and blood clots and etc.? Because put me down for one of those.
Ravor
I would think a Tacheal Filter would work, although personally I'd get plan on getting a set of cloned lungs. cyber.gif
Sir_Psycho
The problem I've found is that most of the ware like that is designed to keep chemicals (like nicotine) out of the system, not just the smoke.

In fact, I made an ex-Mossad/IDF Troll who gave up smoking for his daughter, and had a nicotine auto-injector installed.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Sep 5 2008, 11:16 AM) *
I'd rule the "intraoccular lens" as equivalent to the retinal implants you can get as enhancements to your meat eyes without replaeing them. No free crap for you!

Do you know how the damn thing would work? Since it's NOT connected to your nervous system or your blood supply it's like getting a RFID chip implanted. THOSE don't cause Essence Loss and you can get sensors on those (MAD, Radio Scanner, etc). This is the same thing but in your eye. Read the fraggin' link and see for yourself! It doesn't even replace the real lens in your eye!
Tarantula
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Sep 5 2008, 01:24 PM) *
Do you know how the damn thing would work? Since it's NOT connected to your nervous system or your blood supply it's like getting a RFID chip implanted. THOSE don't cause Essence Loss and you can get sensors on those (MAD, Radio Scanner, etc). This is the same thing but in your eye. Read the fraggin' link and see for yourself! It doesn't even replace the real lens in your eye!

I know, and I'm saying that in my opinion, if I were GMing, and you tried to slide that by as contacts you can't lose, but they don't cost essence, I'm either going to say "no, buy retinal mods, or normal contacts" or possibly "ok, but they're battery powered since they're not hooked into anything, have fun changing that out every so often".
crizh
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho @ Sep 5 2008, 02:02 PM) *
Also, implanted air tank. I could afford that! It's 750 dollars, and it allows you to not breathe for two hours!

When I read that SCUBA diving was the last thing I was thinking of...
Siege
See, the notion of a compressed air tank nestled in my center mass just makes me...nervous.

-Siege
jago668
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 5 2008, 06:22 PM) *
When I read that SCUBA diving was the last thing I was thinking of...

I'd probably spring for a serious girlfriend/wife to get an internal airtank.
crizh
QUOTE (Siege @ Sep 6 2008, 01:02 AM) *
See, the notion of a compressed air tank nestled in my center mass just makes me...nervous.

-Siege

Oxyrush ftw.
SpasticTeapot
As far as genes go, I've got the pits. Asthma, allergies, bad joints, diabetes, bad eyes, and neurological problems.

-Replacement retinas with magnification and image-link. I've worn glasses since I was 13...and my eyes aren't getting any better. I think that cybereyes would creep me out, though - and why bother when you can plug a camera into your datajack?
-Dietware. I'm an ex-fatty, and want to be able to eat whatever I want.
-Generic bioware lungs. No more asthma!
-Enhanced articulation. I'm 18 and already have sore joints - and I only weigh 180 lbs!
-Datajack. Just because.
-Cyberears. Mine are pretty good, but they won't last forever - and I really, really, really like listening to music. (I spend more on stereo equipment than I do on clothes, travel, and cell phone combined.) Furthermore, I suck at picking one noise out of a muddle.

How I'd fix the neurological problems I'm not sure...but hey, it's the future, right?

QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 4 2008, 01:26 PM) *
Have you seen the price of Leonization?

Major ouch.

Totally worth it.

Spend forty years making yourself a fortune...and a second shot at life t o spend it all.

QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Sep 5 2008, 11:24 AM) *
As a tubby bastard, I'd have to go with:
*Bioalterations to compensate for going from 350 to 220 lbs.(lipo/tummy tuck, all done with no scars!)
Corrective Gene Therapies (To remove heredetary diseases within my family)

Damn. I thought I was tubby at 235...
HeavyMetalYeti
Cyber eyes with Low-light, thermal, flare, safety covers (As natural as possible) because I cant see this damn screen without my glasses.

Cyber ears with noise filters. I work in a VERY LOUD factory and I will loose some if not all my hearing in the next 30 years. And that is with having to wear ear plugs.

Synthacardium because of a family history of heart problems.

Dietware because I'm a fat ass. Always have been, trying not to stay that way though.

Cloned penis of John Homes or Peter North. Yes I said it, I love my wife and could really LOVE her after that.

Smartlink II. I love to hunt and could use all the help I could get hitting those damned darting doves.

Orthoskin for work also. I work in a glass factory making bottles so I get burned on a daily basis and cut weekly. If you drink Frappachino or eat salsa or cheese dip from Frito Lay, there is a one in four chance that I made that bottle. Enjoy and remember "Everything tastes better in glass."

And finally I would get that memory augmentation but I can't seem to recall what it was called.
Jhaiisiin
I'd go with Mnemonic Enhancer to fix my memory issues. I'd have my hearing repaired (cyber replacement if needed) and mod it with a dampner and select sound filter (some tones and sounds drive me batshit crazy).

And of course a datajack for computer control. Must have a jack. smile.gif
Coldhand Jake
Damn. I thought I was tubby at 235...

It's all in the height...I'm 6'1", 350 and literally built like an SR ogre. Double spare tire, fat ass but arms and legs still look good. At 5 foot, the numbers are entirely different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012