Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG It's Spiderman!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Kyuhan @ Sep 18 2008, 08:59 PM) *
Superman can vaporize a battleship completely in eleven seconds with his max power heatvision,

why does it not surprise me that mr dc demi-god have done something silly like that...
Machiavelli
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Sep 13 2008, 01:10 AM) *
they seem to be pulling the good old "oh crap, out of web" jokes just as they have since day one...

Yeah, but they do it because they run out of ideas and meanwhile the guys that know this old stories are too old to read comic books anymore and the new readers are too young to know the old comics. So you can sell the same comic in every generation, you only have to get it drawn new.^^
Kyuhan
Reminds me of how they'd rehash the same Superman comics in the 60s and 70s every few months almost word for word with some slight artistic changes to get new readers.
Machiavelli
They did? Whoa...now I know why i prefer Marvel.^^
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Sep 19 2008, 01:51 PM) *
Yeah, but they do it because they run out of ideas and meanwhile the guys that know this old stories are too old to read comic books anymore and the new readers are too young to know the old comics. So you can sell the same comic in every generation, you only have to get it drawn new.^^

thanks, now i feel old...
Little Johnson
So everyone is forgetting the best hero to convert to SR...

Cyborg

LOL
Ol' Scratch
Nah, Longshot would be even easier than him. He'd be a Human Changeling with four fingers, the Lucky quality, hard maxed Edge, and would be an Adept of the Athletic Way. All of which would be easily doable with standard character creation. Cyborg has all those blaster weapons and mutating implants, making him harder to translate.
Little Johnson
Had more of a smallville concept of cyborg im mind

strong reasonably fast resileant some optics,

Also thinking of flash. i know IPs are locked at 4 but how much movement could you get out of a movement adept?
Stahlseele
with cyber/bio, most mutant kind superheros can be built . . spiderman for example, would just be the ultimate mundane climber as a human, instead of a troll . .
hank mccoy, alias the x-mens beast, doable, perfectly fine . . cyclops would be a bit harder, because the eye-laser is too pityfull weak, but if you can get your GM to let you implant some weapon-laser, you can have most other laser/heat-beam based super-guys . .
wolverine, only problem would be healing, everything else is just too easy . . venom, can be done . . iron man, can be done . .
Tarantula
Just make wolverine a shapeshifter. He's brutish enough already, has regen, enhanced sense powers and stuff, just take away his ability to go to animal form, blame it on the adamantium skeleton.
Stahlseele
and watch him shit out the bones or at least the spurs instantly o.O
Tarantula
Deltaware. They love it.
Stahlseele
i might be forgetting something here, but what hapens to bioware?
does that get healed out?
if so, just take biobonestuff, maybe cultured on delta, and everything is good . .
Tarantula
Anything can't go in unless its deltaware.
ludomastro
My favorite from the X-men was Nightcrawler. Outside of a free spirit, any ideas there?
Tarantula
Teleportation doesn't happen in shadowrun. The end. Other than that... a night-one surged to have a tail/demon appearance etc would work pretty well.
ludomastro
If I lift the restriction of the free spirit, teleportation ~= Astral Shortcut.
Fyndhal
So, a bout of insomnia struck last night and I was suddenly struck by an idea I *have* to try in my next SR game.

Character: Billy Batson
Streetname: Shazam

Archetype: Magician

PQ: Mentor Spirit
NQ Aspected Magician (Conjuror)

Uses Guardian Spirits with Possession.

Basically, he's a normal guy with a few skills until he utters a magic word (aka: ritual) and Shazam! He's now a force to be reckoned with!
hobgoblin
do possession spirits grant flight?
Fyndhal
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Oct 7 2008, 11:23 AM) *
do possession spirits grant flight?

Page 102 Street Magic says the spirit has all it's normal powers. If Movement is one of those powers, then...quite possibly, yes.
Tarantula
Movement as a power != flight.

Now, if it was an air spirit, they normally have flight while materialized.
Fyndhal
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Oct 7 2008, 11:58 AM) *
Movement as a power != flight.

Now, if it was an air spirit, they normally have flight while materialized.

True, but Air Spirits wouldn't have the skills appropriate. Hrm. Maybe lose the NQ, and take Levitation and a Sustaining Focus? Kinda loses the flavor a bit, but it could be done.
hobgoblin
ugh, one have to look at a beings movement rate to see if it can fly or not...

and guardian spirits do not, so...
Rayzorblades
Hey for Jean Grey, what about an initiated Phoenix shaman with all of the telepathy/telekinesis spells? Or would it be better/more-accurate-to-the-source-material to have her be like a "psychic" mage with all of said spells and possessed by a "phoenix" spirit?

Also for Doomsday (the Hulk ripoff that killed Superman) I was thinking troll cyberzombie, with SURGE'd bone spikes. Thoughts?
Stahlseele
no, jean grey is a usual psychic, nothing with phoenix in there, aside for the pheonix force . .
which could be described as an out of this world strong free spirit . . quite possibly a horror of some kind . .

Doomsday, yes, Troll-Cyberzombie . . i get Problems when trying to do the Hulk or Juggernaut justice . .
well, aside from possession through a blood-zilla-like entity maybe . . at least for the juggernaught and kyttorak it would be okay . . maybe for the berserker like hulk too, but it's kinda borderline . .
Rayzorblades
I was going for a phoenix motif, hence shamanism. The characters wouldn't necessarily have to be as powerful as they are in the comics, but it'd be cool.

Just an FYI, I said Doomsday as a cyberzombie because in the recent movie Superman: Doomsday they describe him as an engineered war machine and he has an internal HUD, which says cyber to me. Plus when I read the thing about SURGE bones spikes, it screamed Doomsday to me.
Stahlseele
yeah, watched that one too . . lex and supes getting all S&M cuddly O.o
Mäx
QUOTE (Rayzorblades @ Oct 22 2008, 10:05 PM) *
I was going for a phoenix motif, hence shamanism. The characters wouldn't necessarily have to be as powerful as they are in the comics, but it'd be cool.

It's "little" hard to make a character who eats suns for breakfast in SR grinbig.gif rotfl.gif
Phoenix force would have to be something like force 50 possesion spirit cyber.gif
Stahlseele
Again, some kind of Bloodzilla probably
Rayzorblades
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 22 2008, 12:06 PM) *
yeah, watched that one too . . lex and supes getting all S&M cuddly O.o

Who's your daddy? Haha yeah I was a little weirded too, some of the homoeroticism of Smallville creeping in there.

How would anyone do Cyclops in SR? I've been thinking a guy with geasa powerball or something.
hobgoblin
to bad there is no spells in SR that do streams of elemental energy any longer, as then it would be some kind of light based elemental effect.

still, ill never forget the issue when cyclops flattened a large chunk of forest outside of the institute to stop a rogue sentinel. even wolverine was a bit shaken by the display of force at that point. lets just say one moment your looking at the sentinel towering above a forest, the next everything is ruby red. and when it clears, both forest and sentinel is pretty much horizontal...
Tarantula
hobgoblin, there are light based elemental effects with magic.
Rayzorblades
I think that was in Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.
Stahlseele
and as such, doesn't matter anyway . . he should keep out of other people's comic books and keep to doing buffy lipstick lesbian comics . . not my precious X-Men! ;_;
Coldhand Jake
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 22 2008, 02:45 PM) *
and as such, doesn't matter anyway . . he should keep out of other people's comic books and keep to doing buffy lipstick lesbian comics . . not my precious X-Men! ;_;

Dude, his run has been amazing, Beast has been really well treated, as far as I've read so far...
Stahlseele
i don't really care, i just don't like him and his work one bit x.x . .
Rayzorblades
I only managed to get to Astonishing number 6 before some other shiny object caught my easily lost attention. Back on track, I did a Spider-Man adept sheet years ago, where his Spidey-Sense ended up taking like 65 magic points to build by itself, not to mention his other powers.

Then I read an essay on the Science Of Spider-Man about how his sense was basically just a form of 360 degree x-ray vision, governed over by his subconscious to deal with the sensory overload, hence it only manifesting as a buzz on the back of his neck. With the advent of the 360 degree cyber eyes in SR4, does anyone think that something like spider-sense is now doable for a helluva lot cheaper and more realistically in the game system?
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Oct 22 2008, 10:10 PM) *
hobgoblin, there are light based elemental effects with magic.

im aware of that, what im really looking for is more creative shapes when it comes to the spells area of effect.

right now there is either the grenade like splash, or there is a single target effect.

and this hold true even of there are spells that have a hint of line like effect in their titles (flamethrower, acid stream).

meh, now that i think about it, the game still have the ability to cast multiple spells in a single action, yes?

as such, hitting multiple targets with a fan or line of some sort would just be multiple castings of the same spell, mechanically speaking.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Rayzorblades @ Oct 23 2008, 01:13 AM) *
I only managed to get to Astonishing number 6 before some other shiny object caught my easily lost attention. Back on track, I did a Spider-Man adept sheet years ago, where his Spidey-Sense ended up taking like 65 magic points to build by itself, not to mention his other powers.

Then I read an essay on the Science Of Spider-Man about how his sense was basically just a form of 360 degree x-ray vision, governed over by his subconscious to deal with the sensory overload, hence it only manifesting as a buzz on the back of his neck. With the advent of the 360 degree cyber eyes in SR4, does anyone think that something like spider-sense is now doable for a helluva lot cheaper and more realistically in the game system?

hmm, now thats interesting. a max rating eyeband, as much sensory equipment as one can cram into it, and a tac net system to deal with all the data.

the one problem tho is that he have been able to sense danger from people in his proximity that wont be a threat for days.
Stahlseele
good sense of smell is more likely i'd say.
there is at least one metagenetic quality that lets you pretty much judge intentions through smell alone.
and even if it did not stink to him, he has been known to become incapacitated by his own spider sense,
if there was enough danger around to make it ring like a churchtower bell
hobgoblin
or hit with the opposite of the green goblins sense neutralizer?

so headband of sensors and a metagenic trait for smell. could the latter be feed into a tac net?
Rayzorblades
So I did a basic outline of Cable. This is the Cable from Cable and Deadpool, with the highpowered TK and Telepathy and Deadpool's healing factor with a Mr. Fantastic level of brilliance. A LOT of this overlaps, but I'm doing it quick before I go out, on Daegann's Generator. Talk about a Mary Sue.

Cable

Metatype : Human
Mystical Adept

Attributes
Body: 6
Agility: 4
Reaction: 4
Strength: 6
Charisma: 5
Intuition: 6
Logic: 6
Willpower: 6

Edge: 5
Magic: 6 (4)
Initiative: 10
Essence: -4.3219

Positive Qualities
Ambidextrous
First Impression
Focused Concentration 2
Guts
High Pain Tolerance 3
Photographic Memory
Quick Healer
Res. to Pathogens/Toxins
Toughness
Will to Live 3
Analytical Mind
College Education
Common Sense

Cyberwares
Datajack
Cybereyes Basic System (Rating 4)
Flare Compensation
Low-Light Vision
Protective Covers
Smartlink
Thermographic Vision
Vision Enhancement (Rating 3)
Vision Magnification
Cyberears (Rating 4)
Damper
Bone Lacing : Titanium
Muscle Replacement (Rating 4)
Wired Reflexes (Rating 3)
Obvious Full Arm
Obvious Full Leg
Obvious Torso

Biowares
Digestive Expansion
Pathogenic Defense 6
Platelet Factories
Suprathyroid Gland
Symbiotes 3
Toxin Extractor 6
Tracheal Filter 6
Cerebral Booster 3
Damage Compensators 12
Pain Editor
Sleep Regulator
Synaptic Booster 3

Spells
Clout
Blast
Shatter
Powerbolt
Powerball
Knockout
Stunbolt
Stunball
Combat Sense
Detect Enemies Extended
Detect Individual
Detect Life Extended
Mind Probe
Antidote
Cure Diease
Detox
Heal
Hibernate
Prophylaxis
Resist Pain
Stabilize
Confusion
Mass Confusion
Chaotic World
Entertainment
Improved Invisibility
Armor
Control Actions
Mob Control
Control Emotions
Mob Mood
Control Thoughts
Mob Mind
Fling
Influence
Magic Fingers
Physical Barrier
Poltergeist
Mindnet (Extended Area)
Spatial Sense (Extended Area)
Thought Recognition
Translate
Alleviate Addiction
Awaken
Mass Agony
Bugs
Swarm
Camouflage
Double Image
Dream

Powers
Astral Perception
Combat Sense (Level 6)
Kinesics (level 6)
Missile Parry (level 6)
Natural Immunity (level 6)
Pain Resistance (level 6)
Rapid Healing (level 6)
Analytics (Level 6)
Blind Fighting
Commanding Voice
Cool Resolve (Level 6)
Eidetic Sense Memory
Iron Gut (level 6)
Iron Will (level 6)
Linguistics
Magic Sense
Metabolic Control
Motion Sense
Multi-Tasking
Piercing Senses (Level 6)
Smashing Blow
Three-Dimensional Memory
Ravor
Actually I think "Spidy Sense" would be fairly easily handled in Fourth Edition by playing fast and loose with the Detect Enemies spell.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Ravor @ Oct 27 2008, 06:50 AM) *
Actually I think "Spidy Sense" would be fairly easily handled in Fourth Edition by playing fast and loose with the Detect Enemies spell.

that could also be done in older versions, no?
Ravor
Sure, but since we are talking about Fourth Edition ... silly.gif
hobgoblin
do you really need to underline that? wink.gif
Ravor
Yep. silly.gif

But in all fairness, I also underline Third Edition, Street Magic, New Hong Kong, and ARSE. cyber.gif
Uli
I had an idea for Cyclops:

- Spell Knack (Laser)
- Talent: Spellcasting
- Combat Spell Specialization
- Spellcasting Focus
- Called Shots

--> 6P with 9 dice to hit and a max damage of 8P due to Force 2. Drain of 4P should not be that big of a deal, if you max the attributes and use a fetish (sunglasses of course). I'm not sure, if Spell Knack characters may use fetishs, but I like the idea.
Rayzorblades
I like that.

Just for the incredibly anal; Cyclops doesn't shoot lasers, he shoots kinetic blasts, kinda like gravity beams or telekinetic force beams. No heat involved. You can write that off to semantics if you want, but that's why I wrote about him maybe having a powerball or something.
Uli
It was called "optic blast" in the old Marvel RPG with the cards. And doesn't he acquire juice through exposure to the yellow sun? Anyway, the Called Shot only works with indirect combat spells. And Nova would certainly fry his brain.

Clout and Blast would be a possibility - but Stund damage and unhalved armor? :/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012