Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG It's Spiderman!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Phantom Gett
Has anyone noticed that SURGE and Bioware you can create a real live Spiderman character. Geckohands + Silk Spinnerettes + Attention Co-Processor + anything spider-sense worthy = Bad-ass-Spiderman-style character!

Anybody had that happen? That would be one hell of a guest appearence.

*Random Note: I have never played a Game by Post before, and I would like to, if anyone has any beginner sessions please PM me. Thanks, sorry to go off topic*
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Phantom Gett @ Sep 10 2008, 07:01 PM) *
Has anyone noticed that SURGE and Bioware you can create a real live Spiderman character. Geckohands + Silk Spinnerettes + Attention Co-Processor + anything spider-sense worthy = Bad-ass-Spiderman-style character!

Anybody had that happen? That would be one hell of a guest appearence.

*Random Note: I have never played a Game by Post before, and I would like to, if anyone has any beginner sessions please PM me. Thanks, sorry to go off topic*

I would think that the guy needs to be an Adept with Combat Sense at 4 or higher and Improved Reflexes at level 2.
SpasticTeapot
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Sep 10 2008, 07:52 PM) *
I would think that the guy needs to be an Adept with Combat Sense at 4 or higher and Improved Reflexes at level 2.

Make him an umpteenth-level adept with a dozen points in Improved Attribute: Reflexes
Coldhand Jake
Few people think about it, but Spider-Man was also strong enough to throw a mid-sized car. Allow me to list off all the abilities he's had recently.

Spinnerets (organic, internal)
Poisonous stingers in his wrists
Adhesion on his entire body, not just his arms and legs
The ability to sense movement and vibrations through his webs
"Spider-Sense", a danger sense capable of ignoring range.
Super strength
Amazing leaping distance and height
Super reflexes
Super agility
Accelerated healing

Have fun modelling him out. I know I will now...
Jhaiisiin
So (away from my books), he needs high levels of strength and agility, improved reflexes/initiative passes, combat sense at max levels, great leap at max levels, attribute boost for strength, and metagenic qualities for spinnerettes and gecko qualities.

That's all just off the top of my head.
Machiavelli
Yeah, and he would need the nice blue/red spandex costume^^
ShadeRavnos
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Sep 11 2008, 04:43 AM) *
Yeah, and he would need the nice blue/red spandex costume^^

Or a cool black one ::GRIN::
Aza
Made me think of this bigger than cheeses comic http://www.biggercheese.com/index.php?comic=769
Lionhearted
Right now Im thinking of a SURGE'd guy who watched far to many old cartoons as a kid, flying around town by his webs, with the classic spiderman theme rumbling on highest in the comm.
"spiderman, spiderman.. does whatever a spider can!"
Machiavelli
Muahahaha...I think everybody has already planned a superhero-shadowrun-variant (come on, hands up who hasn´t made a wolverine-version), but if you are going to play with this character, please tell me where and when. I´d like to see this.^^
Jhaiisiin
LOL When I first got into SR years ago, my brother and I would make characters just for the shit of it. He made characters based on an entire asgard theme (made them match some of the qualities of each deity, minus the whole ultra-powered godling thing), and I went Mortal Kombat. Hooray for silly concepts!
Tarantula
Just a note, the spider spinnerettes don't really have the stickyness that spiderman's webbing does.
Machiavelli
Yeah, but you could manage this with an Mystical Adept and a levitate spell combined with an illusion. So you could also save some force-points for great leap etc. Mystical Adepts rock^^
Phantom Gett
Batman, not to get off topic, but Batman, would be mad easy to make. Strength, with Combat/Riot armor enhancements! I kinda want to change this thread name to SUPERHERO-Shadowrun "Is it a Bird? A Plane? No, It's a superhero falling through the seattle smog! wobble.gif
Gast
Looking at the Immortal Cyber Dragon plots that dominate this game, I'd say this is exactly what the developers had in mind when developing Year of the Comet. That, and a LOT of drugs.
Ol' Scratch
The easiest superhero to make would be the Green Lantern. He's basically just a mage with a crazy-insane Power Focus: Ring and a Condition Geas to say some silly poem. Oh, and a personal fetish for all of his spell effects to be colored green.

Captain America would be easy to make, too. He's just an adept of the Warrior's Way with the various throwing powers. Alternatively you could stick to his comic book origins and make him a genetech baby (especially if you're loose on the bioware-as-genetech rule)... though that'd be pricey.
Gast
Yeah, the Pro would also be easy. If you can sort of ignore the powers, I mean.
Naysayer
The easiest easiest superhero to make would probably be the Green Arrow.
He's just an archery-adept with some tough attributes, enhanced abilities, likely some combat sense, and tights.
And a dirty communist smile.gif
Lionhearted
QUOTE (Naysayer @ Sep 12 2008, 10:50 PM) *
The easiest easiest superhero to make would probably be the Green Arrow.
He's just an archery-adept with some tough attributes, enhanced abilities, likely some combat sense, and tights.
And a dirty communist smile.gif

Wouldnt The punisher be easier.. He is just a "ordinary" guy with some buttkicking up his sleeve
Naysayer
If you call a guy with a gun a superhero, then yeah, you'te probaby right.
But at least Green Arrow has "Super Social Awareness" as his superpower!
wink.gif
b1ffov3rfl0w
Easiest superhero: Gun-man.

http://badgods.com/likebatman.html

crash2029
Hey man, don't be dissin' the Arrow. wink.gif

Actually alot of the lower powered superhero types would be relatively easy to do in Sharowrun. In fact I can totally see a campaign where disaffected runners decide to become vigilantes and while still taking runs to pay the bills, try to do the right thing and use thier unique position is society to actually make a positive difference in the lives of those they deal with. They would have to wrestle with their consciences almost every day in order to walk the line between hero and mercenary. Yep, I can really see a game like that. Of course it helps that my game is like that, but I digress.

With great power, comes great responsibility. And hopefully a decent paycheck.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Sep 11 2008, 05:55 AM) *
Spinnerets (organic, internal)
Poisonous stingers in his wrists
Adhesion on his entire body, not just his arms and legs
The ability to sense movement and vibrations through his webs

didnt they "correct" this with the recent "reboot" and the leadership shifts in marvel?

they seem to be pulling the good old "oh crap, out of web" jokes just as they have since day one...
Kazum
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Sep 12 2008, 07:10 PM) *
didnt they "correct" this with the recent "reboot" and the leadership shifts in marvel?

they seem to be pulling the good old "oh crap, out of web" jokes just as they have since day one...

yeah a spiderman or a batman would be cool and a batman would certainly easier to construct buit you are ALL missing ONE major attribute of BOTH HEROES - but more specially for Batman:

Geniuslike Intelligence... At least Bruce Wayne is characterized as being "fucking intelligent" and Peter Parker is quite intelligent himselve....

So both of them should have an int. of AT LEAST 6.... Not impossible, but another thing to be concious of.
hobgoblin
btw, this thread reminds me that while i found ex machina (based on the manga/superhero tristat system) silly at first (given its effect/power based design) it actually worked ones one started bundling powers as cyberware and similar.

it can also make one ponder the line between low power superheros with a dark theme and cyberpunk...

on the topic of batman, i do believe that one superman comic have batman labeled by the man of steel as the most dangerous man on the planet. the bat see the whole of life like some grand chessgame...

btw, who cares about heroes, hand me that military armor, im going to build dr. doom! biggrin.gif
BRodda
QUOTE (Kazum @ Sep 12 2008, 07:31 PM) *
yeah a spiderman or a batman would be cool and a batman would certainly easier to construct buit you are ALL missing ONE major attribute of BOTH HEROES - but more specially for Batman:

Geniuslike Intelligence... At least Bruce Wayne is characterized as being "fucking intelligent" and Peter Parker is quite intelligent himselve....

So both of them should have an int. of AT LEAST 6.... Not impossible, but another thing to be concious of.

Batman would be exceptional attr Logic to give him a 7. Even then he is do able as a starting 400BP build if you let some cyberware take the place of training.

As for superhero's I had my Super Trog post a few days ago specifically on this type of stuff because I was looking to join a Super Runners game.
Naysayer
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Sep 12 2008, 08:05 PM) *
Hey man, don't be dissin' the Arrow. wink.gif

Actually alot of the lower powered superhero types would be relatively easy to do in Sharowrun. In fact I can totally see a campaign where disaffected runners decide to become vigilantes and while still taking runs to pay the bills, try to do the right thing and use thier unique position is society to actually make a positive difference in the lives of those they deal with. They would have to wrestle with their consciences almost every day in order to walk the line between hero and mercenary. Yep, I can really see a game like that. Of course it helps that my game is like that, but I digress.

With great power, comes great responsibility. And hopefully a decent paycheck.

Actually, ever since I read Watchmen, I've been toying around with the idea of a low-powered, pseudo-supers vigilante campaign. The Shadowrun rules are gritty and granular enough, and with a Watchmen type background, players would basically be "hooding", but still could play complex and wonderfully f**ck*d up characters...
Phantom Gett
What might be really cool, is super girl, how would you even do that? Like rediculously high attributes, I dunno about the flying, or levitation... But it would be crazy. Anybody have any possible way to build this?
Ol' Scratch
You can't even get close to the power levels of characters like that in Shadowrun.
Phantom Gett
That is a good point...

I'm kinda out of Ideas here...
Tarantula
Sure you can, customized optimized cyber limbs!
Ol' Scratch
That lets you lift up an entire island and fly away with it?
Tarantula
Hrm... guess I never paid that much attention to the crap superman/woman/girl/dog/hamster/whatever pulled off.

I was thinking punch through a wall, or get shot and not be hurt, maybe even pick up a car and throw it.
Dumori
Super man/girl would be a free spirit of an epic force. Capable of coming to earth form across the cosmos. That would work rules wise got the flight the powers everything high force free spirits = gods. I have a force 10 on in my PbP game it will be fun.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Sep 15 2008, 03:07 PM) *
I was thinking punch through a wall, or get shot and not be hurt, maybe even pick up a car and throw it.

That's closer to Spider-Man's level of strength.
Nigel
When reading this thread, I immediately thought of Hawkeye (better than green arrow). Ultimate Hawkeye wouldn't be too hard, you'd need Missile Mastery, Power Throw, and lots of throwing/archery. That's about it.
Tarantula
Don't forget improved ability archery/throwing! And maybe the hawk eye quality? nyahnyah.gif
crash2029
Green Arrow would make an awesome hooder. Archery skills for ranged combat, unarmed and swords for melee combat, basic technical and superior armorer skills, and finally sufficient social skills. Yep, Green Arrow is really shadowrunner material.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Dumori @ Sep 15 2008, 10:21 PM) *
Super man/girl would be a free spirit of an epic force. Capable of coming to earth form across the cosmos. That would work rules wise got the flight the powers everything high force free spirits = gods. I have a force 10 on in my PbP game it will be fun.

that or a equally epic mage...
Jhaiisiin
As a fun schtick, my gaming group had me run a vigilante game where they basically played super-heroes. Shadowrun lends really well to low and moderate level superheros, not to mention vigilantes may be viewed as exactly that by some of the public (esp the downtrodden), regardless of the information out there about augmentations and magic.
Kyuhan
What about a drone built/modified to look like the Man of Steel? With enough tech to mimic his powers practically. Also, hurling a car was about his strength limit when he first appeared in 1938 and more than enough to deal with the day to day things he'd face. A rigger controlling him would be like Supergirl controlling a Superman robot by remote that one time in Superman: TAS when Clark went missing.

2 things I think might be problematic; high speed flight without the use of magic, and heat-vision...without the use of magic. Most other things, tech could easily mimic.

Conversely, an Iron Man suit. It wouldn't be as powerful as a Superman Robot (due to space considerations, what with a guy being in it and all) but it could still do most of the same things. Thoughts?
Phantom Gett
Can anyone say "Cyberzombies"?

Iron Man would be good, average physical attributes, HIGH mental, possibly exceptional for Logic, but how would anyone do the power armor?
Kyuhan
I read a thing online where someone house ruled powered armour together in 3E. I wonder if I can find it again...

EDIT: Found it http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/7157/newarmor.html
ImmoralSalvage
The easiest hero of all time has to be Kick-Ass. I mean he is just a 16 year old kid that mods a wetsuit into a coutume, and runs around with two black jacks beting up bad guys. So give him a few ranks in clubs that is it no powers no nothing. This is why you don't go play hero in the real world
Kyuhan
Reminds me of the retarded guy I heard about in NYC who got killed by drug dealers because he thought his Batman Halloween costume actually made him Batman.

Still I'm curious if any rule mongers ever put together anything like a Super Drone. *hint hint* nyahnyah.gif
ImmoralSalvage
Actually in the first 3 pages of Kick is this guy jumping up off a skyscraper because he believe he can fly, and is a hero. He slams into a cab on the ground. He got this bright idea after read an article about Kick-Ass. The guy in question had a history of mental illness
Phantom Gett
Now I actually have to make the Iron Man power armor, that would be so sick
hobgoblin
iron man suit? except for the ability to fly, grab the powered armor out of arsenal...

as for supermans heat vision, try the eye tool laser. not really as powerful as supermans tho...

btw, something tells me that cyclops can outdo superman in the eyebeam department...

but then, trying to guesstimate power levels within a universe is bad enough, doing it across them are kinda silly...

still, i love the comic where cyclops levels a whole sentinel (and most of the forest close to it) with a single blast. it even reminded wolverine why cyclops was the leader of the team wink.gif
Kyuhan
Re: Cyclops and Superman's eyebeams.

Cyclops's optic blasts are kinetic; non-einsteinian particles from another universe that interact with matter in our universe as gravitational force.

Superman's are pure heat, microwave/infrared radiation. Cyclops's blasts have a max power of about .25-1 tons of TNT, Superman can vaporize a battleship completely in eleven seconds with his max power heatvision, I think he outdoes Cyke in this regard. nyahnyah.gif
Lionhearted
QUOTE (Phantom Gett @ Sep 18 2008, 03:59 AM) *
Now I actually have to make the Iron Man power armor, that would be so sick

There should be an entire thread on how to build Iron man's armor somewhere around when the movie came.. I know, it was my thread biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012