Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German Shadowrun art
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Squinky
Hey all,

Just wanted to point out to anybody that didn't know, theres a pretty cool artist on Deviant art that is posting images for the German shadowrun stuff, pretty awesome.

Raben-aas guy's site
the_real_elwood
Dang he does some good stuff. And not that I'm complaining, but some of the old art that were copy/pasted from low-res copies of old SR sourcebooks into the SR4 would have been nice to be redrawn. And this guy could have done it pretty well.
Isath
He's a damn good storyteller as well.
ravensmuse
Quick review (as I'm at work)

It looks a little over CGI'd to me, but hey, I only looked at like, one or two pics smile.gif
Prime Mover
Gotta agree here one or two pics stood out.
The group pic was one of them, drone,troll that looked trollish and a mage+spirit.
Kairo
Good stuff. Thanks for the link Squinky.
Gast
He gets something between 6 and 7 on the scale, where 10 is Bradstreet and 1 is that guy who made the art for the first Earthdawn novels and some of the interior art in the ED core rule book.
Grinder
You don't speak of Mr. Laubenstein, I hope.
Gast
Nope, Laubenstein would be on a 7 to 8 for me. Often a tad too cute for Shadowrun, but a good artist. I have no idea how that guy I mean was called, he only did artwork for Earthdawn stuff, notably the pictures inside the J'role trilogy, and he was the worst artist FASA has ever employed.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Squinky @ Oct 2 2008, 03:05 AM) *
Hey all,

Just wanted to point out to anybody that didn't know, theres a pretty cool artist on Deviant art that is posting images for the German shadowrun stuff, pretty awesome.

Raben-aas guy's site

He's gonna do some new artwork for the upcoming German editions of the core rulebooks.
First time in my life i regretted buying the English versions of A70, AUG, UW and RC.

Second time was when i learned that the German A70 will get hoverboards or something like that.
Dang.
Tycho
The Concept Drawings of new Pics in the German Arsenal 2070 they showed on Ratcon were really good. I looking forward to get the book.

In the German Version of the Arsenal are following addons (if I am correct, it is all coordinated with Synner/CGL, so chances are good, that this items will be published in English, too, in one way or another):

Melee Waepons:

* Athame
* Injection-Dagger
* Sword Cane

Projectile:

* Cargo Arrowhead

Firearms:

* AS-113o "Assassin"
* Enfield Merlin
* Zastava CZ49
* AK-127
* Altmayr SP
* Ruhrmetall R506 Balmung

Clothing & Armor:

* Anielski-Joop: reconquista-Collection
* dressCODE: CYBERPIRATE-Collection
* Rheingold: Aurora-Collection
* SK Myrmidon Battlearmor

Survivalgear:

* Proteus Monoskid

Miscellaneous:

* (Inlineskates)/Powerboard

Vehicle and Drones:

* BMW 2065 Mjöllnir (Racing Bike?)
* BMW Trollhammer (Chopper)
* BMW RV430 (Limousine)
* Eurocar President (Limousine)
* Mercedes IG310 Igel (ATV)
* Peugeot 11e ElectroCar (compact car)
* Volkswagen Lingus (medium-sized vehicle)
* Renault-Fiat 264 „Fattorina“ (delivery vehicle)
* Scania VM 42 (transporter)
* Messerschmidt-Kawasaki Wandervogel (Tiltwing)
* Mercedes Multimog Greif (Command Vehicle)
* Mercedes PE Commando (Security Delivery Car)
* Ruhrmetall Wolf II (Multi Role Tank)
* Jena Robotnik Cyclone (Spy Drone)
* Renraku Shrew (dismountable whelled Spy Drone)
* Ruhrmetall Wolfsspinne (Arachnoid Walker Drone)

cya
Tycho
Stahlseele
the return of totally over the top but realistical toys from germany . . because our techs are just better!
It trolls!
AND our A70 cover looks less ugly wink.gif
Adam
QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Oct 1 2008, 11:59 PM) *
And not that I'm complaining, but some of the old art that were copy/pasted from low-res copies of old SR sourcebooks into the SR4 would have been nice to be redrawn.

Pardon? There was no low-res art copied/pasted into SR4 from old books. Some art was re-used, but it was always the original high-res graphics.
Stahlseele
you'll have to admit, it certainly does not look like high-res all of the time . .
Adam
No, I don't believe I need to admit that. smile.gif I just flipped through the most recent SR4 printing and took a look at all the pieces that I remember being re-used art [mostly some spot pieces in the Gear section, taken from Shadowtech or Cybertechnology] and they all look fine to me. It would be nice if we hadn't had to re-use art in the core book, but at the time we simply didn't have a choice.

Fortune
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 3 2008, 08:15 AM) *
the return of totally over the top but realistical toys from germany . . because our techs are just better!

Wunderbar! ohplease.gif
It trolls!
Maybe it's the PDFs. They seem to be compressed really hard. I can make out artifacts in my A70 PDF while stuff looks fine in the dead tree version.
Tycho
QUOTE (It trolls! @ Oct 2 2008, 05:30 PM) *
AND our A70 cover looks less ugly ;)

German Cover

cya
Tycho
Gast
QUOTE (Fortune @ Oct 2 2008, 11:06 PM) *
Wunderbar! ohplease.gif

I believe he was being sarcastic. If not queue another ohplease.gif
ravensmuse
All right, looked through that guy's site now that I'm home and...wow, he's not one to shy away from the gratuitous pantyshots, is he? I'm still not a fan, honestly. It just looks too...bright. Too shiny (like everyone's skin is covered in oil or something). Like, I'm not one of those people that's into the fetishization of dark dark dark, but it just looks like they're covered in baby oil. It's technically proficient, just not my thing.

I've liked a lot of the Shadowrun 4th art, but there's been a few stinkers, personally. I miss Prescott's work; I know, there's other things he could be doing now, but I just miss those kind of clean lines and black and whites. I used to not be a huge Laubenstein fan (shock! horrors!) but he's growing on me.

I'm split between the German and American cover for Arsenal, because you can't complain about a hawt ork woman bearing arms biggrin.gif
Ol' Scratch
I like the stuff that's clearly inspired by Tim Bradstreet (case in point), but the other stuff isn't really my cup of tea. Not a fan of anime-ish art at all.

My favorite Shadowrun cover art is still a toss-up between SOTA: 2063 and Threats 2. Mostly because both feature characters very similar to the types I tend to design. Looks-wise anyway.
The ubbergeek
Considering the trendyness of the j-popculture (out of CFS and such...) in this version of earth, well... it's strangely very appropriate, in a way.
TKDNinjaInBlack
Zeieznik always did it for me. He had some of the first pictures that visually introduced me into the world of SR. He really captured the cyberpunk 80's pink mohawk flash with the grunge and punk leather industrial feel in his settings.

Even though it's kind of anime-ish and cartoony, I really like the guy who did the pics of the new emperor and the schoolgirl from SoA and the cyber knight hacker in SF. He also has 2 pics in Augmentation... I don't know who he is though.
Squinky
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Oct 2 2008, 09:14 AM) *
Gotta agree here one or two pics stood out.
The group pic was one of them, drone,troll that looked trollish and a mage+spirit.

No prob, glad it has been interesting for folks smile.gif

I personally like the guns, they rock. Some of the characters he is posting lately (while miles ahead of my art I am sure) aren't too my personal taste, but I like others like the Shadowrun radical ork

Besides, everything is made better in Germany......and.....they love David Hasslhoff...
ravensmuse
QUOTE (Squinky @ Oct 2 2008, 10:12 PM) *
they love David Hasslhoff...

...this is something to love Germany for why? smile.gif

One last thing I wanted to add: that nurse scares the crap out of me. It's like looking at a baby doll that a little girl was playing with. Remember Cynthia from Rugrats? Oh yeah. Give her a gun and you're right there.
It trolls!
QUOTE (Squinky @ Oct 3 2008, 05:12 AM) *
......and.....they love David Hasslhoff...

We do? OK, I'm Austrian now!
Stahlseele
Fun Fact:
A Popular Myth is that "The Wall" fell because the Hoff sang "I've been looking for freedom!"
Gast
Dvaid Hasselhoff could easily hit and run Chuck Norris. And I don't know what's not to love about Knight Rider. I can't recall DH has done anything else, except for his short lived 80s music career.
Grinder
Baywatch, dude.
Gast
There has been no Matrix except 1, no Star Wars except 4-6 and no Hasselhoff except Knight Rider.

*sets mode: fingers in ears and humming*
smkun
QUOTE (Gast @ Oct 2 2008, 10:42 AM) *
He gets something between 6 and 7 on the scale, where 10 is Bradstreet and 1 is that guy who made the art for the first Earthdawn novels and some of the interior art in the ED core rule book.

Tom Baxa is the guy I think you're talking about. he made me hate ED artwork!
Prime Mover
Don't remember what book but there was one full page piece that was just a black smear with some black shapes in it. Still don't know how that made it into a book, baxa's stuff and strange 50's sci fi art in Cyberpirates books fall into the same category.
raben-aas
Oh!

I just discovered this thread. Thx for the kind words!!

There are some new pieces of German Arsenal art on http://raben-aas.deviantart.com/gallery/

Cya!
hazemyth
I like the limo. Very retrofuture.
hermit
Whoa. Where will the new character images come in? Damn, I really regret having bought the english books too ... oh well, I'll se whether I can lose them on hitflips.

Nice work, Aas. And so you drew the new guns. I was wondering why biometal had changed his style. smile.gif

Anyway, hope to see more of you. Nurse's face is seriously creepy. Been playing Silent hill much?

Cabral
QUOTE (Gast @ Oct 2 2008, 11:38 AM) *
I have no idea how that guy I mean was called, he only did artwork for Earthdawn stuff, notably the pictures inside the J'role trilogy, and he was the worst artist FASA has ever employed.

For me, that title goes to Thomas Baxa. Did a lot of scratchy art that may have taken talent but didn't really display talent, imo. Also has done work for WotC.
Grinder
Raben-aas, could you give us any hints if it's worth to wait for the german version of RC and Unwired? Will they have new content in it?
TW
Not to lure you away from Dumpshock, but you might want to post your questions on the official german forums?

But as for your question, it's a little too early to answer that - next up on Pegasus' schedule are Augmentation (end of this year) and Emergence (early next year). The latter wil get an extra chapter describing how the technomancer crisis affected the AGS.
Tycho
German BodyTech Cover

BodyTech is the german translation of Augmentation.

cya
Tycho
Grinder
And Mystics asks for permission to post the link... wink.gif

Not to lure you away from Dumpshock, but you might want to post your questions on the official german forums?

I can't find the time to dive into one more forum, sorry. But thanks for your info anway.
Fortune
QUOTE (TW @ Nov 15 2008, 02:36 AM) *
The latter wil get an extra chapter describing how the technomancer crisis affected the AGS.

Of course it will. ohplease.gif
Stahlseele
wonder if augmentation in german will get new additions like arsenal?
hermit
Of course it will.

Your problem being?

wonder if augmentation in german will get new additions like arsenal?

I wouldn't know what, except for maybe some new cyberware suites ... Augmentation had a lot less glaring holes in coverage than arsenal had (vehilces, this mainly means you).
Drogos
I would imagine Fortune's problem would be the fact that he is not fluent in German biggrin.gif That's my problem with it.
Stahlseele
*shrugs*
if i decide to buy it, i can tell you what's in there . .
i guess his problem is more with the:"Of course germany has to be affected more/different than the rest of the world by the advent of Technomancers . . . "
hermit
Of course, germany is not going to be affected AT ALL. :ohplease:

However, the folks at Pegasus are considering publishing their own stuff in English language too, for distributuion as pdf files, AFAIK. So if Germany gets special TM treatment, you can read that too, maybe.
Drogos
In the end my post was merely speculative. I would strongly enjoy any additional information for sure.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 14 2008, 09:18 PM) *
*shrugs*
if i decide to buy it, i can tell you what's in there . .
i guess his problem is more with the:"Of course germany has to be affected more/different than the rest of the world by the advent of Technomancers . . . "

Yeah AGS with anarchy in Berlin, Troll Kingdom in the black forrest (by the way in wich state is it in year 2070? Right now it dieing due to acid rains, at least it's what I've heard, never been there), teocracy in Westfalia, I don't remember what and where but a Dwarven-something somewhere there, some elven fraggers on the north shores who got a toxic tide offered by Winternight, I don't remeber if SOX is prt of it (great wasteland, the perfect place for a riot about some innatural anomlies), and whatever doesn't come to my mind that should; seriously with all the drek went on there what is some matrix anomalies, they were also spared (mostly) by the crash thanks to a certain wyrm. There are places where you don't give a frag about anything unless it comes to bite your ass.
hermit
AGS with anarchy in Berlin,

As of 2070, propably only in barrens-type areas still.

Troll Kingdom in the black forrest (by the way in wich state is it in year 2070? Right now it dieing due to acid rains, at least it's what I've heard, never been there)

IRL, it's fairly healthy, even if a bit depressing because it's forests are indeed made of spruce and, indeed, very dark. In 2070, it's a cursed, awakened type of forest. Like sleepy hollow, only with steeper mountains, more hellsmouth trees and mainly spruce.

teocracy in Westfalia

*sigh*

I don't remember what and where but a Dwarven-something somewhere there

West Rhine-Luxemburg ... fairly normal by German Setting standards actually, just has active volcanos.

some elven fraggers on the north shores who got a toxic tide offered by Winternight

1. That's Shosara's IE, 2. Human Nation, not Winternight.

I don't remeber if SOX is prt of it (great wasteland, the perfect place for a riot about some innatural anomlies)

It's an exterritorial Zone. Played STALKER? Same kinda thing. About as weird too, and just playn very much alike.

and whatever doesn't come to my mind that should

Independence-declaring Hamburg, Durruti's campaign of terror in Munich, Badenian terrorists in the southwest, and the fallout from Loffy eating Nachtmeister. And Proteus, naturally.

seriously with all the drek went on there what is some matrix anomalies, they were also spared (mostly) by the crash thanks to a certain wyrm. There are places where you don't give a frag about anything unless it comes to bite your ass.

If there is one thing Germans really hate, then it's new things.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012