Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DaisyBox's SR4CharGen (SR4CG)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
dobbersp
The latest Version can be found here:
http://www.dobberisms.com/sr4cg.php

This is Beta, it aint perfect.
Maybe not even pretty. I'm workin' on it.

Q) Does it work for MAC/Linux ?
A) I do not know. It is designed for Windows XP/Vista with .NET framework

If any MAC/Linux users can download the .zip and try it out with Mono, that would be swell.
Please submit your feedback in a courteous manner.

Be sure to check out the documentation for adding your own items to data files.
The "Legend.txt" file is located at ~\Data Files\Legend.txt
It details that information.

Enjoy
d:- D
dobbersp
Heres a screen grab from 0.2.3.0
Beta Screen Grab

enjoy
Dumori
Have you though about making it work with The Standardised Character Format
dobbersp
The current save file is in a delimited text file that can be read by a human, though with great difficulty, and not without knowledge of what each field represents. for example:

0|0|True|{5,4,7|4,8,7|}

It isnt in binary or anything like that. I realize that this format is not the strongest choice for flexibility or for updating (and its very difficult to read), though creating an inter-operable file format would be nearly impossible for character generators, unless you specify that the generator must reconstruct the character from solely the information in the file. This would mean that no program specific information could be stored in the file. The program would need to extrapolate that information from the data.

My current goal is to simply offer a working program for windows (with .net framework installed...) and unfortunately, I have already written the file format.

However, I am interested in creating a file format that is better than the one i have now. It just isnt on the top of the "todo list."
It is my hope that In the future, something similar to what you have proposed will be adopted and implemented in my character generator.

I'll keep harping on this point, but I have created some fairly detailed documentation for my data files that will be released with beta when it rolls around, and I hope that it will lend itself to some rad community involvement in extending the capabilities of the program. Heck, it might even become a sort of standard for data files.

Thanks for your interest ^^

Bobson
QUOTE (dobbersp @ Nov 14 2008, 04:53 AM) *
I realize that this format is not the strongest choice for flexibility or for updating (and its very difficult to read), though creating an inter-operable file format would be nearly impossible for character generators, unless you specify that the generator must reconstruct the character from solely the information in the file. This would mean that no program specific information could be stored in the file. The program would need to extrapolate that information from the data.

See 5a & 5c in the format goals. The idea is to provide at least a section where the character generator app can store app-specific data, and at best a way to leave a "comment" on any element in the entire thing. It's not there yet, but that is the goal.

Though, I wonder what you mean by "the generator must reconstruct the character from solely the information in the file" - isn't that the definition of loading a saved character, regardless of format?

That being said, it's always good to have multiple options in character generators, so welcome to the forums and I look forward to seeing it smile.gif
dobbersp
QUOTE (Bobson @ Nov 14 2008, 06:46 AM) *
Though, I wonder what you mean by "the generator must reconstruct the character from solely the information in the file" - isn't that the definition of loading a saved character, regardless of format?

I suppose i was pretty vague with that one. What I meant was:

You cant have program specific information in a standardized file format.

A character generator would need to figure out its own program specific information from the file. a tag like

<ProgramSpecificInfo>
<field1>my secret information stuff</field1>
<field2>my previous variable value</field2>
</ProgramSpecificInfo>

would be pretty useless. Because each program is going to have its own

unless each character generator does have its own tag (which would mean a revision to the standard would have to come out each time a new generator emerges. quite undesirable.)

<DaisyBoxInfo>
</DaisyBoxInfo>

The most important issue in my mind will be devising a way to make it extensible.

<Addon>
<superSpecialNewStuff>BBQ Module</superSpecialNewStuff>
</Addon>

Anyhow.

I will try to make an export option for the standardized format once i get everything else working.
Unfortunately, there are more pressing issues at hand.

happy weekend.
d:- )
Muspellsheimr
QUOTE (dobbersp @ Nov 14 2008, 12:06 PM) *
unless each character generator does have its own tag (which would mean a revision to the standard would have to come out each time a new generator emerges. quite undesirable.)

Granted, it has been a few years since I last did any coding, so I could be wrong, but this should not be the case. The standard would have a generalized program specific section, as follows:
<ProgramSpecificInfo>
</ProgramSpecificInfo>

Each program that the file is loaded into would first check to see if it has a program-specific code section. If yes, load. If no, write. So, it would look like this
<ProgramSpecificInfo>
<Sample1>
</Sample1>
</ProgramSpecificInfo>

When loaded into another new program, it would then be this
<ProgramSpecificInfo>
<Sample1>
</Sample1>
<Sample2>
</Sample2>
</ProgramSpecificInfo>

Thus, the revision will always be to a character file, not to the standardized format, & will be done by programs utilizing the format.
Bobson
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Nov 21 2008, 04:54 AM) *
Granted, it has been a few years since I last did any coding, so I could be wrong, but this should not be the case. The standard would have a generalized program specific section, as follows:
<ProgramSpecificInfo>
</ProgramSpecificInfo>

Each program that the file is loaded into would first check to see if it has a program-specific code section. If yes, load. If no, write. So, it would look like this
<ProgramSpecificInfo>
<Sample1>
</Sample1>
</ProgramSpecificInfo>

When loaded into another new program, it would then be this
<ProgramSpecificInfo>
<Sample1>
</Sample1>
<Sample2>
</Sample2>
</ProgramSpecificInfo>

Thus, the revision will always be to a character file, not to the standardized format, & will be done by programs utilizing the format.

Ooh, good format. I like it. Into the spec it goes.

Edit: Ok, I've added:
CODE
<xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="ApplicationInformation">
    <xsd:complexType><xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="Application" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
            <xsd:complexType><xsd:sequence>
                <xsd:element name="ApplicationName"></xsd:element>
                <xsd:element name="TextInformation" maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0"></xsd:element>
                <xsd:element name="BinaryInformation" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" type="xsd:hexBinary"></xsd:element>
            </xsd:sequence></xsd:complexType>
        </xsd:element>
    </xsd:sequence></xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

XML generated from this would look something like:
CODE
<ApplicationInformation>
    <Application>
        <ApplicationName>DaisyBox</ApplicatioName>
        <TextInformation>Entered by DaisyBox SR4 chargen v.1</TextInformation>
        <TextInformation>House rules implemented: Clout, free races</TextInformation>
        <BinaryInformation>8167a910b9828dd9100927ca92fe93</BinaryInformation>
    </Application>
</ApplicationInformation>

I'm working on adding some kind of identifier to all those fields, but the idea is that you'll be able to store any app-specific information you want in either text or binary (as hex, possibly) format. Images, checksums, pre-calculated values, etc.
dobbersp
That wont work.

The only reason you would want to put a program specific info section into the standard would be if the program needs that information to load the file. (otherwise its pointless)

to illustrate the problem, I'll use this example:

you have two programs:
program 1 and program 2

so, as I'm following the proposed standard, the tags will be roughly like this:

<programSpecificInfo>

<program1>stuffs</program1>

<program2>different stuffs</program2>

</programSpecificData>

lets say that you create a character with program 1:

the file will look like this:

<programSpecificInfo>

<program1>stuffs</program1>

</programSpecificData>

then, you want to open the file with program 2 (which is the reason for the standard...portability)
so when you get to the program specific section, it only has information for program1.

If program 2 needed the
<program2>
</program2
section of the specific information to open the file, it would not be able to open the file. because its not there.

the information is only there for program1.

if program 2 didnt need the program specific information to load the character, why would you put it in the file?

It doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me, but then again...i might be missing something you guys havent told me about yet...

Bobson
QUOTE (dobbersp @ Nov 23 2008, 02:50 AM) *
It doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me, but then again...i might be missing something you guys havent told me about yet...

Multiple <Application> keys wink.gif

CODE
<ApplicationInfo>
    <Application>
        <TextInfo>
    </Application>
    <Application>
        <TextInfo>
        <BinaryInfo>
    </Application>
</ApplicationInfo>

Correct behavior, of course, would be to preserve any unrecognized application blocks, and as I said, I'm still not entirely sure how we're going to identify which <Application> tag goes to which app, but there will be a way to do so. Does that address it? If not, please let me know - I want this to be able to work for all apps, not just the one spreadsheet wink.gif
Muspellsheimr
The character sheets are basically data entry. There should be nothing outside of the basic file type & format needed to load one of these files.

Thus, if the application needs specific info that does not exist in the file you are trying to load, it leaves those entries blank & writes the section in the file for that information - specifically, in the <ProgramSpecific> section. It will then save such information under this new tag, without compromising other <ProgramSpecific> data. If the data is already there when loaded, it loads normally.

As I said, this is not for data that is required to load, it is for data that is not included in the basic standard documentation. Anything required to load is file format & type, and any tool using the standardized format will be designed to load standard format files.
dobbersp
ok, so, lemme get this straight....

the program specific data is for nonessential data for the character sheet?

that makes sense....so i hope thats right, heh.

I understand the method you are proposing, I was just unclear as to what type of data would be listed under the tag.

So, under that presumption of how you guys have it set up, there will need to be some sort of master list of application tags that are taken,
so that each new application that wishes to implement this standard can ensure that it will not have a conflicting tag. <sr4cg> being the most likely candidate.

I dibs <DaisyBoxInfo>

I think it would be a lot better to use phrases rather than keys to maintain human readability. We can set up a maximum character length though...

Its funny how this discussion is pretty much about the file format, because i dont have time to do much work on the actual generator just yet ^^

but take heart, I shall continue work as I am able...now off to write that servlet for class.

Zormal
Will it be possible to tweak the costs of skills and attributes? I'm a fan of some of the FrankTrollman houserules, and would like to have a character generator that can cope with me changing the price of skills.

Right now I'm using an old(ish) excel sheet that has Frank's rules.
dobbersp
It is not currently possible to change the costs of stats or skills.

however, that should not be entirely difficult to do, and i will consider adding that functionality to the program after i release beta.
This would be easier to implement than the standardized character export, and so i could foresee it coming out before i code up the standard.
dobbersp
so, I'm at a point in development where i have most of the core book stuff implemented in the chargen.
I'm not able to address many bugs and provide support at the moment, so i havent released it as a beta yet.
I also want to tweak my website which will be hosting the project a little bit before release.

The beta should be released in the near future, after finals finish (approximately 2-4 weeks)

I am admittedly a bit of a shadowrun noob, and dont know the extent of all of the extra rules, and additional materials
that are used for character generation, so I decided to put this question up:

what are the most desireable features for a character generator beyond the core rules?
where should i start if im going to implement more stuff?

on my tentative list so far are the following:
+make a vehicles page...similar to the spiffy spread sheet (you can add vehicles as gear right now....which is a sort of hack to get it to work.....)
+get some sort of import/export option for a character standard.
+finish adding arsenal gear items...

I need suggestions for where to go next. Of course, it will be easier for you guys to make suggestions after the release in a couple few weeks.
but imagine the original excel spreadsheet, and you will have a good idea of what the program currently does.

thanks in advance.

PS Bobson, how close is the standard to being finished? Is it finished? Do you have some helpful examples and stuff?
Muspellsheimr
I would suggest including checks for Tweaking the Rules & Optional Rules options from the Core books, as well as for some of the popular House Rules, such as FrankTrollman's Build Point generation/advancement & Matrix rules, and Serbitar's rules.

I should also be posting a full compiling of my House Rules soon (2-4 weeks), & would be interested in having you include those as well.
dobbersp
it would be helpful to get page numbers, or direct quotes of the rules ^^

Bobson
QUOTE (dobbersp @ Dec 10 2008, 04:34 AM) *
PS Bobson, how close is the standard to being finished? Is it finished? Do you have some helpful examples and stuff?

Work's been clobbering me lately. It's not finished, although it's getting pretty close, and what is done is unlikely to change at this point. I'll try and post an example tomorrow, if I get enough of a break. If not, I should have one up by next week.
dobbersp
I just put up the first beta build:

there's an .exe and a .zip up as the two most recent releases.
The .exe works on my Windows XP, and hopefully on yours as well ^^.

I have no idea what the dependencies are for MAC/Linux users, but it would be really tight if Mono worked for them.
Please someone DL the .zip and a mono distribution and let me know what happens.

Mono:
http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

I will be on a finals stint for the next couple few days, so i may not be able to provide the most extensive service,
Apologies.

Zormal
Christmas!

Thank you. Looks really good.
I really appreciate keeping everything as open as possible (the options dialog looks great)!
dobbersp
Merry Christmas.

let me know what you think about the data files (you can just open them with notepad)

Deus Innomen
Looks pretty good so far. Most of my nitpicks are UI things at this point, so I'm shushing unless you want a barrage of observations. I'm a senior developer by career and my code reviews aren't very forgiving, so I'm trying to behave myself. wink.gif But I'm definitely interesting in helping you figure things out if you need any guidance when you have time to work on this again.

What kind of feedback are you looking for at this point?

Also, would you be interested in a chunk of code to allow your program to become self-updating? smile.gif I've started working on a suite of tools for another game I play (Star Fleet Battles), and I've found having the application be able to find and grab updates automatically is very handy.
dobbersp
QUOTE (Deus Innomen @ Dec 17 2008, 09:12 AM) *
Also, would you be interested in a chunk of code to allow your program to become self-updating? smile.gif

Yes! I also would like to know what i have to do on the website to respond to queries about updates as well...

And I just finished with finals so i can work on this now. This is actually my first VB program, so im a bit noob with the language (and i wont have my CS degree until spring, so im no pro).
Feel free to let me know what needs to be improved, as i'm open to suggestions and concerns.

As for the GUI, I'm doing this on a laptop, so it takes forever to change....mostly because i need more RAM.
I chose VB so i could do GUI WYSIWIG style and not worry about Layouts and Panels and listeners...
But i can occasionally go over to my friends house and use his super computer (in comparison to this laptop) to make changes.

please start with the most important issues for the functionality of the app, and then we can move on to issues of sleekness.

right now my top priority is going to be getting the standard implemented with an import/export feature.

EDIT: what do you know about Mono?

thanks for your interest.
Deus Innomen
QUOTE (dobbersp @ Dec 17 2008, 03:16 PM) *
Yes! I also would like to know what i have to do on the website to respond to queries about updates as well...

And I just finished with finals so i can work on this now. This is actually my first VB program, so im a bit noob with the language (and i wont have my CS degree until spring, so im no pro).
Feel free to let me know what needs to be improved, as i'm open to suggestions and concerns.

As for the GUI, I'm doing this on a laptop, so it takes forever to change....mostly because i need more RAM.
I chose VB so i could do GUI WYSIWIG style and not worry about Layouts and Panels and listeners...
But i can occasionally go over to my friends house and use his super computer (in comparison to this laptop) to make changes.

please start with the most important issues for the functionality of the app, and then we can move on to issues of sleekness.

right now my top priority is going to be getting the standard implemented with an import/export feature.

Okay, I'll fire you a PM with my email address. We'll talk more in depth there since it'll be pretty detailed. smile.gif

QUOTE (dobbersp @ Dec 17 2008, 03:16 PM) *
EDIT: what do you know about Mono?

What I do know about Mono is that it's targeting .NET 2.0, which means you're going to need to make this a .NET 2.0 application instead of .NET 3.5. (That means no LINQ and a few other things but you can easily live without them.) Other than that, as long as you stay targeted to 2.0 it should work just fine.
dobbersp
New version of the DaisyBox char gen now out (0.3.0.0)

It now features a modest vehicles tab.
It also has auto update, thanks to some helpful code from Deus Innomen, props to him.

Available in executable or zip format.

dobbersp
If anyone finds bugs, please submit them.
Also of note, the vehicles are from arsenal 1.0 (sans errata...)
so if anyone wants to submit corrections, that would be very helpful.
Spelling/data entry might be accurate for the most part, but im almost 100% sure that there were errors in the transfer.

Please help make this thing better!

NightWatchman
What made you decide with VB? Why not something more cross platform / cloud based like Actionscript 3 or Adobe Air?
Nigel
I really like the progress so far, very intuitive and handy. I can't wait until all the other rules are in (especially Unwired and Runner's Companion)!
dobbersp
QUOTE (NightWatchman @ Feb 24 2009, 10:12 AM) *
What made you decide with VB? Why not something more cross platform / cloud based like Actionscript 3 or Adobe Air?

It was pretty arbitrary actually. The only reason this isnt in java is because i didnt want to do the GUI in java.
Also, a friend of mine was taking a VB class that i was helping with, and so i downloaded the IDE and gave it a whirl.

This is the result. So, basically, laziness and lack of forethought.

QUOTE (Nigel @ Feb 24 2009, 04:16 PM) *
I really like the progress so far, very intuitive and handy. I can't wait until all the other rules are in (especially Unwired and Runner's Companion)!

thanks, i cant wait either.
NightWatchman
I love what you are doing for the Shadowrun Community.
We need a good 4th Edition Character Generator and you are defiantly doing just that, my gratitude.

I would like to see a Internet based character generator one with some type of cloud tech. One where users can save character local but application runs on the server.

I would definitely be will in to lend any help with a project like that one.

dobbersp
QUOTE (NightWatchman @ Feb 25 2009, 04:56 AM) *
I would like to see a Internet based character generator one with some type of cloud tech. One where users can save character local but application runs on the server.

Me too. there would only be a small issue of actually programming the whole beast in AJAX....or maybe some sort of applet...
either way, it would be a tremendous undertaking.
Also, there would have to be some GUI to add custom items.

My current solution leans heavily on the customizability (I made that word up) of the data files so that users can add whatever the heck they want to the char gen.
but alas, its about as portable as a bag of rocks-- a really big bag.

As i mentioned before, I'm looking into Mono as a sort of cross platform compromise. I'm looking very slowly of course, because im taking 24 units this semester...and graduating soon.

Just downloaded a ubuntu live image the other day and plan to install/get mono to see what its all about.

thanks for your support man, its appreciated.
NightWatchman
QUOTE (dobbersp @ Feb 25 2009, 08:56 PM) *
thanks for your support man, its appreciated.

No problem, keep up the good work. Best SR4 CG out there!

Werewindlefr
A small bug: the max number of spell at character creation should be 2xSpellcasting skill, which it is - unless the sorcery skillgroup is raised instead. Then the max number of spells stays 0 no matter what.
dobbersp
QUOTE (Werewindlefr @ Mar 2 2009, 09:13 PM) *
A small bug: the max number of spell at character creation should be 2xSpellcasting skill, which it is - unless the sorcery skillgroup is raised instead. Then the max number of spells stays 0 no matter what.

Thanks!

good catch...
that would most likely be related to the spelling correction i made in the latest update. oops.

Quick fix (until next update):
go to your data files
<install directory>\Data Files\Skills.data

and change "Sorcery" back to "Sourcery" so that it matches the literal string hard coded in the program for the time being....

I've already made the change, but i wont push it out until i have some more substantial changes for the next version

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!
Nigel
If I may offer my one biggest feature that I want: Unwired and Street Magic (especially Unwired) additions. The programs, sprites, spirits, traditions, etc. Not sure exactly how much of that you've implemented, but just some suggestions.

Great work otherwise. I really like the interface.
dobbersp
QUOTE (Nigel @ Mar 3 2009, 03:20 AM) *
If I may offer my one biggest feature that I want: Unwired and Street Magic (especially Unwired) additions. The programs, sprites, spirits, traditions, etc. Not sure exactly how much of that you've implemented, but just some suggestions.

Great work otherwise. I really like the interface.

those suggestions have been noted ^^.
I've got a pretty tough semester this time around, so i wont get to work on the chargen nearly as much as i would like to,
but if you're really itchin for some of those things to be added, i would highly recommend checking out the documentation included for modifying the data files.

Of course, many of the more involved abilities/qualities and things might require some hard coding on my end, but you might be able to add some of the things you like just by editing the data files to include them.

theres a file called legend.txt in the data files folder (<install directory>\Data Files\Legend.txt) that details every field in every data file with examples.

if you decide to poke around with the modding, do let me know how it turns out. I'm really hoping it'll be a helpful tool for the community, and make the chargen more flexible.

Nigel
If I get around to it (I still have a few characters to finish for online games anyway) I'll make sure to tell you how it went. Thanks for the help!
Felius
I've been trying it, and it's quite good indeed, except for one bug relative to essence and cyber/bioware. Seems that I have problems with any essence reduction lower than 1. The program complains that it's not a valid operation to convert .xx to decimal and ask if I want to terminate it or continue without the operation.

Edit: Seems I've found the problem. My net framework is on another standard, or so it seems. I need to use commas instead of dots for decimal case. It caused problems with all fractional values (the cybertorso would cost 15 essence!). I've altered the values on the dataset with notepad and all seems well.
dobbersp
QUOTE (Felius @ Mar 31 2009, 09:27 PM) *
Seems I've found the problem. My net framework is on another standard, or so it seems. I need to use commas instead of dots for decimal case. It caused problems with all fractional values (the cybertorso would cost 15 essence!). I've altered the values on the dataset with notepad and all seems well.

interesting....
where about are you from?
perhaps its some sort of regional setting?

glad you figured the problem out though!

Felius
QUOTE (dobbersp @ Apr 1 2009, 04:59 AM) *
interesting....
where about are you from?
perhaps its some sort of regional setting?

glad you figured the problem out though!

I'm from Brazil here, and yes, we use the dot and the comma the other way around in math. grinbig.gif That said, actually another problem appeared. It seems that changing to commas instead of dots screwed up essence calculations, and now it only seem to be able to run full values of essence, and individually for each ware. That is, if I have a essence 1.5 plus a essence 0.5 cyberware it only removes 1 point of essence.

If I may, I believe this might be solved in the code by putting essence as a high full value instead of dealing with fractions, to prevent problems as those. Say, calling base essence 6000 in the code, multiplying the wares essence cost by a 1000 and just dividing the value by a 1000 in the displays.

Edit: Wrong Quote
dobbersp
QUOTE (Felius @ Mar 31 2009, 09:27 PM) *
I've been trying it, and it's quite good indeed, except for one bug relative to essence and cyber/bioware. Seems that I have problems with any essence reduction lower than 1. The program complains that it's not a valid operation to convert .xx to decimal and ask if I want to terminate it or continue without the operation.

maybe try to use the decimal point instead of comma again, and copy/paste the error you get here.

do none of the default data files work properly with decimals?
how about power points for adepts?

Edit: I found a piece of code i want to try that might set the decimal separator to"." instead of ","
If you're interested, I might be able to make an "unofficial release" zip and release it later. for your testing.
PM me if interested. (and if it works I'll include it in the next update.)
dobbersp
I may have a solution to the decimal separator situation.

Is anyone with a non English-US windows (preferably of a region that uses ',' instead of '.' as the decimal separator)
willing to test out an "unofficial" release?

PM me for details.

Tanegar
The enormous, garganuan, epic (in a bad way) drop-down lists in the Gear tab are extremely user-unfriendly. Consider organizing gear entries into expansion lists. See EVE Fitting Tool for an example.
dobbersp
agreed!

I want to separate them out eventually.
M-Rex
Dobber...

...I downloaded and tried out your program on my Vista Home machine. Here's what I get when the program starts up:

CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
at SR4CG.VehicleDropItem..ctor(String newName, String newHandling, String newAcceleration, String newSpeed, String newPilot, String newBody, String newArmor, String newSensor, String newAvailability, String newCost, LinkedList`1 newMounts, String newMods, Int32 newModSlots)
at SR4CG.Form1.MakeVehiclesDropArray(String Filename)
at SR4CG.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SR4CharGen
Assembly Version: 0.3.0.1
Win32 Version: 0.3.0.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SR4CharGen/SR4CharGen.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any ideas?
dobbersp
also, updated the chargen to deal with the decimal separator issue. The prog now forces its current thread to use the en-US regional settings.
see v0.3.0.2
dobbersp
QUOTE (M-Rex @ Apr 13 2009, 04:52 PM) *
Dobber...

...I downloaded and tried out your program on my Vista Home machine. Here's what I get when the program starts up:

CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
at SR4CG.VehicleDropItem..ctor(String newName, String newHandling, String newAcceleration, String newSpeed, String newPilot, String newBody, String newArmor, String newSensor, String newAvailability, String newCost, LinkedList`1 newMounts, String newMods, Int32 newModSlots)
at SR4CG.Form1.MakeVehiclesDropArray(String Filename)
at SR4CG.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
SR4CharGen
Assembly Version: 0.3.0.1
Win32 Version: 0.3.0.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SR4CharGen/SR4CharGen.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any ideas?

Does your computer have the .NET framework on it yet? Do you know which version you have?
I believe the CharGen requires .Net 3.5 but its possible it could work on older versions. I haven't tested it on them, however.
(This may not be the problem, but i just wanna make sure.)
M-Rex
.Net 3.5...but I see there's been an update. I'm installing it now.
M-Rex
QUOTE (M-Rex @ Apr 14 2009, 02:48 AM) *
.Net 3.5...but I see there's been an update. I'm installing it now.

Well...that got it. Updated .Net and blammo...Shadowrun bliss.

Thanks man!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012