Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming effects of rising magic levels
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tachi @ Nov 17 2008, 01:05 PM) *
That's not just stupid, that's felony-stupid. You should try to get her arrested (the character not the player), then claim it was self-defense. Just kidding, that'd be to cruel of a punishment for a newb. If she was a veteran player on the other hand....

he, the player, is experienced enough . . in every session one of my characters finds himself forced to work with her(his character) she gets knocked out at least once . .
Grinder
QUOTE (Wanderer @ Nov 16 2008, 09:34 PM) *
Personally I've always been rather skeptical of such claims as RPG vaporware, as no definite examples or indications of such hypothetical vanished 2nd world races have ever surfaced in published ED material that I'm aware of. Much as the Windling case, which was widely supposed to be such a "lost" race before RC, it seems to me like wishful thinking of people reading what they want to read in vague remarks, who don't want exotic races make their precious cyberpunk street campaign look too fantasy bizarre.

Windlings have been around since 2nd edition Paranormal Animals of Europe, they were just called "Sprites" back then.
Ravor
Ambush her, introduce her to Bubba the Love Troll and his friends, then give her a fatal dose of lead.
Tachi
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 17 2008, 06:23 AM) *
he, the player, is experienced enough . .

In that case, do it. dead.gif Unless it will seriously screw up your gaming group, in which case you'll need an alternative lesson. In real life people die from their own stupidity all the time.
Stahlseele
we (meaning i) mostly use that character as bait because i don'T care if the character dies at all *snickers*
but enough of this, let's get back to the rising mana tide . . i still want my subterranean dwarven kingdoms!
Cabral
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 17 2008, 10:23 AM) *
we (meaning i) mostly use that character as bait because i don'T care if the character dies at all *snickers*
but enough of this, let's get back to the rising mana tide . . i still want my subterranean dwarven kingdoms!

Have you checked LA?
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Cabral @ Nov 18 2008, 05:00 AM) *
Have you checked LA?

Where? In the deep laguna?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Cabral @ Nov 18 2008, 05:00 AM) *
Have you checked LA?

not yet, what's there?
Hagga
It'd be a trip to find a dwarf kingdom in LA. Or Seattle. Swarms of heavily armed and armoured bearded midgets swarming out right into the modern world.
Cabral
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 18 2008, 05:55 AM) *
not yet, what's there?

A potentially permanent alchera manifested there causing an expansive, unexplored caverns. See the LA portion of Corporate Enclaves. I think there was a mention of finding a remarkably preserved woman but I think either the metatype was not mentioned or it was elf. If it was anything ED related, I would guess a Cairn.
Stahlseele
well, at least in one of the novels(yeah yeah, i know, i know) there was a subterranean dwarven kingdom left over from the previous age of magic and active all the time including contact with the outside world from time to time under the coal mines in the rhine/rhur parts of germany called hwaldos . . that's what i am talking about ^^
child of insanity
for those of us with little to no access to earthdawn stuff, anyone have a primer i can get? i'm planning on taking my current campaign a thousand years into the future, and i want to use lots of ED stuff if i can... why make shit up when i can steal it...wink.gif
as for the rising magic lvls... i'd say resurection will be possible with the astral quest, but what you get isn't always guaranteed to be what you were looking for. possibly you brought something with you.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 18 2008, 01:42 PM) *
well, at least in one of the novels(yeah yeah, i know, i know) there was a subterranean dwarven kingdom left over from the previous age of magic and active all the time including contact with the outside world from time to time under the coal mines in the rhine/rhur parts of germany called hwaldos . .

Which was later retconned to be some kind of dwarven-only LARPer community, IIRC.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 18 2008, 01:42 PM) *
well, at least in one of the novels(yeah yeah, i know, i know) there was a subterranean dwarven kingdom left over from the previous age of magic and active all the time including contact with the outside world from time to time under the coal mines in the rhine/rhur parts of germany called hwaldos . . that's what i am talking about ^^

was that a german language only novel?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Nov 18 2008, 09:50 PM) *
Which was later retconned to be some kind of dwarven-only LARPer community, IIRC.

to quote and maybe paraphrase Darkwing Duck:
what?
where?
when?
how?
who?
sometimes even why? o.o

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Nov 18 2008, 09:56 PM) *
was that a german language only novel?

looks like it.
Germany in the Shadows Trilogy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012