Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catalyst Game Labs Celebrates 20 Years of Shadowrun!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Malachi
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 11 2009, 06:01 PM) *
The Limited Edition will be individually numbered and have a spiffy special cover.

Is the "spiffy special cover" one with different artwork or just different printing weight etc?
ravensmuse
That's some nice artwork there!
Adam
We haven't finalized exactly what the limited edition cover will be. David is working on that as we speak ...
Deus Innomen
Just ordered my copy of the Limited Edition and PDF. This is absolutely fantastic, guys, I can't wait to get the printed version in my hands. smile.gif
hobgoblin
hmm, my second print SR4 is starting to become loose in the spine, so i guess i could grab myself a copy of this one when it goes to print.
XON2000
I had budgeted some money for other gaming products this week, but now I've diverted those funds towards your shiny new edition.

Well played, CGL, well played...
Sma
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 12 2009, 01:56 AM) *
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be; if German stores order it, they'll get it. I'll double-check with Dave to be sure.

Please do. I'll make sure to make my store to order if there's a chance to get one.
Andinel
I just got my PDF, and I love it. New art is awesome.
Dumori
The skills preview sold me now Ihave to go down to my bank and move some money about.
Ryu
Looking at that cover, I don´t think I´ll need myself a limited edition... very nice! The TOC and index previews make me look forward to the changes, much. What does the image show on the back?
Medicineman
Just for your Info
the first German buyers seem to be very happy with the PDF (lots of Praises in 3 German Forums )

Hough!
Medicineman
Fuchs
I boight it, will download it in the evening.
Grinder
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 13 2009, 11:40 AM) *
Just for your Info
the first German buyers seem to be very happy with the PDF (lots of Praises in 3 German Forums )

Bah. I want the Limited Edition!
Fuchs
QUOTE (Grinder @ Mar 13 2009, 12:05 PM) *
Bah. I want the Limited Edition!

Get both!
Medicineman
And I want a Limited German Edition with Autographs from Tigger,SirDoom ,Labrat and Nyx wink.gif

with a special dance
Medicineman
Grinder
Both! wobble.gif
BIG BAD BEESTE
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Just when you get some "spare" cash in the bank, something like this turns up. Guess Fate is trying to tell me something.

Now, if they can only get Larry Elmore to revamp the original 1st Edition cover and update those runners (Dodger, Ghost & Sally) for 2072...
Murrdox
Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

Other than a vague "Pre-orders are available 6-8 weeks from the date pre-order becomes available", I can't tell what the actual release date of the Limited Edition is.

I pre-ordered mine... I'm just wondering when I can expect to receive it. Should I just guess sometime in May?
Adam
QUOTE (Murrdox @ Mar 13 2009, 12:54 PM) *
I pre-ordered mine... I'm just wondering when I can expect to receive it. Should I just guess sometime in May?

We have not announced a street date yet. As soon as we know it, it will be posted.
Murrdox
I will be waiting with bated breath.

In spite of the economy I was already halfway into the preorder process for the Limited Edition before I even wondered "Hmmm... I wonder why the limited edition is more expensive". I shrugged it off a few minutes later, assuming that it would be cool. Even if it's just shinier, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

I'm going to try really hard to make it to Gen Con this year and get it signed, I can tell ya.
Matsci
I find it very suspicious that my SR4 Catayist BBB's spine failed today. The Cover Fell off, while my players Fanpro book is fine.
Malachi
QUOTE (Matsci @ Mar 13 2009, 01:34 PM) *
I find it very suspicious that my SR4 Catayist BBB's spine failed today. The Cover Fell off, while my players Fanpro book is fine.

Nanites man. They can do a lot.
Matsci
Another Quick question. When are we getting the attached Errata? It would make life easier than writing a program to compare the two.

QUOTE (Malachi @ Mar 13 2009, 09:39 AM) *
Nanites man. They can do a lot.

Fraggin smart Demolishers.

Synner
We will be looking to post a reference document to all the major changes/errata as soon as we possibly can, but we've got our hands full preparing the next few books at the moment. Note there's a lot of minor rewording and tweaks for clarity that are unlikely to make it to errata though.

QUOTE (Matsci @ Mar 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM)

SOTA. Nuff said.
ShadowPavement
I just went to my e-mail to get the nifty discount on the pdf, but when I click on the link I get a 404 Not Found error and nothing comes up on the drivethrourpg site.

Has something happened to the link???
Adam
ShadowPavement, can you forward the exact email to me: adamjury@catalystgamelabs.com -- I'd like to see just which hyperlink they sent you. After you've done that, please contact their customer support: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/contact_us.php

Thanks, and sorry for the troubles.
AJCarrington
Are there plans to re-release any of the other Fanpro titles in a similar format (ie Street Magic and On The Run) so that we can get updated PDFs moving forward?

Thanks in advance.

AJC

Now to get back to the new PDF... cool.gif
Adam
QUOTE (AJCarrington @ Mar 13 2009, 09:54 PM) *
Are there plans to re-release any of the other Fanpro titles in a similar format (ie Street Magic and On The Run) so that we can get updated PDFs moving forward?

On the Run will be part of the new Runner's Toolkit.

No plans announced for Street Magic.
AJCarrington
Adam:

Thanks for the quick response and info. Crossing my fingers for a future announcement... wink.gif Now back to the 20th Ed - which is simply gorgeous!!

AJC
ShadowPavement
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 13 2009, 11:04 PM) *
ShadowPavement, can you forward the exact email to me: adamjury@catalystgamelabs.com -- I'd like to see just which hyperlink they sent you. After you've done that, please contact their customer support: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/contact_us.php

Thanks, and sorry for the troubles.

E-mail forwarded and message sent to customer services. Thanks for the help Adam.
kanislatrans
purchase complete!! very pretty book. wife loves the art. I love the fiction. gotta find time to read... sleepy.gif sleepy.gif
Muspellsheimr
I just purchased the PDF from battlecorps, and three times, I have tried downloading it. Three times, as soon as I click the link, the page freezes. Three times, it has counted against my download limit.

Not once has it even begun to download.
Adam
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Mar 14 2009, 06:13 PM) *
I just purchased the PDF from battlecorps, and three times, I have tried downloading it. Three times, as soon as I click the link, the page freezes. Three times, it has counted against my download limit.

You can always email quartermaster@battlecorps.com to get your download count reset.

Are you using some sort of download accelerator or something like that? If you do, try disabling it, and do a simple right click "Save as" for the download. This solves 99% of reported download problems.
Demonseed Elite
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Mar 14 2009, 06:13 PM) *

Not once has it even begun to download.

I don't pretend to know anything about downloading at Battlecorps, but try right-clicking the link and doing a Save As. It might be trying to load the PDF in your browser, which can be memory-intensive and cause the browser to lock up.
Muspellsheimr
It has downloaded now, but twice of my listed three times were right-clicks, & I use the Firefox default download utility.

As for the browser locking up, not really. It was only that specific tab. Everything else, even in the same window, functioned without issue.
Adam
Glad to hear that it worked out without much more time lost. We're working on a revamped store that will better suit our digital+print selling needs, as the current one is rather patchwork. Appreciate your patience. smile.gif
silva
We haven't finalized exactly what the limited edition cover will be. David is working on that as we speak ...

May I give a suggestion? While I would like see a new cover for the Limited Edition, I found the Anniversary Edition cover really cool. So please, If possible, try to keep it somehow for the Limited Edition. Maybe inside it, as a second cover?
Cardul
OK, I love the sheet in the SR4A PDF. I am curious about when we can expect to see that become the sheet up on the webpage? I like it much more then the SR4 sheet. I still do not think it has enough skill slots, though...but that is just me.

However, I like the book from what I have seen so far, but I am still in the process of reading the pdf.
TheDarkPhoenix
It appears to me the problem with the download was simply that it was downloading in the browser. My Experience has been that the tab where the PDF is downloading will appear to freeze (but actually it is downloading, just taking forever) all other tabs will be fine and usable.

The 20th Ann. Edition is Awesome. I had to order it the second I looked into it.
darthmord
QUOTE (Cardul @ Mar 14 2009, 10:18 PM) *
OK, I love the sheet in the SR4A PDF. I am curious about when we can expect to see that become the sheet up on the webpage? I like it much more then the SR4 sheet. I still do not think it has enough skill slots, though...but that is just me.

However, I like the book from what I have seen so far, but I am still in the process of reading the pdf.

I just want to add the following...

I bought the big combo package ($109) despite some things I dislike about the new edition. Partly to support a favorite game but also because some of those things are getting addressed / adjusted. The artwork is quite nice IMO.

I do have to ask though... would it be all that hard for the character sheet in the PDF file to support being filled out online and printed? Some players (myself included) have some pretty awful / atrocious chicken scratching. Having clean / typed text in the fields would make things a lot easier.

What I'm talking about above is the same feature the IRS uses in it's downloadable forms. You can fill them out inside the viewer and then print them.

Thanks.
Dumori
Does the Battlecorp store ship to outside the USA?
Adam
QUOTE (darthmord @ Mar 17 2009, 01:10 PM) *
I do have to ask though... would it be all that hard for the character sheet in the PDF file to support being filled out online and printed? Some players (myself included) have some pretty awful / atrocious chicken scratching. Having clean / typed text in the fields would make things a lot easier.

It's on the [big] TODO list; both getting the sheets setup as form-fillable and then making them free downloads.
Adam
QUOTE (Dumori @ Mar 17 2009, 05:30 PM) *
Does the Battlecorp store ship to outside the USA?

Yes.
darthmord
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 17 2009, 07:49 PM) *
It's on the [big] TODO list; both getting the sheets setup as form-fillable and then making them free downloads.

If I knew how to do that in Acrobat, I'd do it for you for just for the honor of being able to say "YAY! I contributed to Shadowrun".
SincereAgape
In any thread I have searched Adam is always being helpful.

From what I know there is not set shipping date for the hard edition of SR20A and Runner's Toolkit, but is there an estimated timetable for either of the products. For example weeks, months, late spring, early summer? This question applies to SR20A, SR20A LE, and Runner's Toolkit hardcopy editions.

Thanks in advance.
Synner667
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Mar 18 2009, 12:11 PM) *
In any thread I have searched Adam is always being helpful.

From what I know there is not set shipping date for the hard edition of SR20A and Runner's Toolkit, but is there an estimated timetable for either of the products. For example weeks, months, late spring, early summer? This question applies to SR20A, SR20A LE, and Runner's Toolkit hardcopy editions.

Thanks in advance.

Of course, those things rely on them having the SR license.

Any news on that little issue ??
Adam
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Mar 18 2009, 08:11 AM) *

We do our best not to offer rough dates, instead waiting until we have a final street date. Some might find that annoying, but we think it's much less annoying than "Spring... no, summer... ugh, sorry, fall!" for both fans, ourselves, distributors, and stores.
Adam
QUOTE (Synner667 @ Mar 18 2009, 08:15 AM) *
Of course, those things rely on them having the SR license.

Any news on that little issue ??

Our Shadowrun license with Topps is secure.
Freejack
With the large unofficial changes thread (almost 500 posts now), is there an estimated time when the official list of changes will be available?

Carl
Bull
QUOTE (Freejack @ Mar 18 2009, 11:22 PM) *
With the large unofficial changes thread (almost 500 posts now), is there an estimated time when the official list of changes will be available?

Carl

AFAIK, all the changes listed in that thread that are from the PDF are "Official" changes. There are no Unofficial Changes. There's a handful of people who are unhappy with the changes for one reason or another, and someone got it in their skull that since the PDF was supposedly released before the book was sent off to print that Dumpshock should be allowed to "vote" on the changes and get them "fixed" before the book actually saw print.

Which is just plain silly, IMNSHO. There's a whole pile of reasons why that's a bad idea, not the least of which is that it would delay the print book that much longer, not to mention how little Dumpshock really represents the fanbase as a whole, AND that the handful of people who are unhappy can't even agree on what it should be in the first place. Plus, they're not devs, they're not freelancers, I'm sure CGL playtested the material in house, etc, etc, etc.

So to answer your question, yes. The estimated time when the official list of changes will be released was last week. You can buy the PDF now from CGL and DriveThruRPG.

If you were wondering when the updated SR4 Errata would be posted, that incorporates the SR4A stuff, that's a completely different question, and I haven't seen a release timeframe mentioned yet beyond "Hopefully in the near future".

Bull
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012