Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Learning Shadowrun - Combat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Khyron
So, do they get a reaction roll to chameleon coated grenades? biggrin.gif
As cruel and expensive as that would be..
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Zore @ Mar 28 2009, 11:00 PM) *
Okay, got some more reasonable replies smile.gif
Now... one more thing about opposed grenade throws... if i'm throwing at at person X who is standing 4m away from person Y... does only person X get an opposed roll or both?

And according to the rules, it seems kinda like the position of the grenade is changed as opposed to the person changing place... maybe I just misread it though.

Any did I get this right or am I still confused?

IIRC (AFB): You could target the chair between them and see how close you get to the chair. Neither would get the dodge roll, but most grenades do not explode till the the beginning of beginning of the next IP (unless it is an airburst with a smartlinked GL). Which should give them a time to move out of the way some. Barring chunky salsa or a direct hit, most explosions don't kill.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Mar 11 2010, 04:57 PM) *
IIRC (AFB): You could target the chair between them and see how close you get to the chair.

Not since errata (SR4A?) which declared that as long as at least one living creature is in the blast radius, then the grenade must target that creature (or the thrower's choice of creature). Because of the way a single creature dodges the 'nade.

Really, all creatures should get a dodge roll to move away from the center of any explosion.
Fatum
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 29 2009, 07:43 AM) *
Well, air burst grenades explode in the air--no dodge roll, and no throwing them back. Impact go off when they hit a surface, so no throwing them back.

Uh, can't find anything saying that air-burst grenades don't allow dodging - they just have reduced scatter, 1d6-1 vs 3d6.

QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 11 2010, 11:05 PM) *
In no way did the guy who was jumping around and making a Dodge check influence where the baseball landed.

By dodging out of the way he influences how close to him the ball lands. And yes, that's pretty realistic - you see a grenade coming your way, you duck the hell for cover.

hobgoblin
QUOTE (Firefly @ Mar 11 2010, 08:45 PM) *
Your opponent is getting a chance to dodge out of the way, remember, unless it's an airburst grenade it doesn't detonate until the beginning of your next action.

not entirely correct, it detonates on your initiative in the next pass, no matter if you have a action that pass or not.

so toss grenade, wait one pass, boom.

give those that rolled high initiative, and that have many passes, to maybe toss the grenade somewhere else.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Fatum @ Mar 11 2010, 05:20 PM) *
Uh, can't find anything saying that air-burst grenades don't allow dodging - they just have reduced scatter, 1d6-1 vs 3d6.

Old post is olde. 367 days, to be exact.

By dodging out of the way he influences how close to him the ball lands. And yes, that's pretty realistic - you see a grenade coming your way, you duck the hell for cover.

Oh really now? Check to RAW: dodging increases scatter which influences where the grenade lands[i] and the other 5 guys in the (original) blaze zone don't get to dodge, and the 4 guys in the post-scatter blast zone (2 of which weren't part of the original 5) don't get a dodge [i]either. Also, the guy who dodged doesn't get to move.

Meaning:
The grenade moved.

Realistic. Yeah. Sure.
Fatum
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 12 2010, 02:39 AM) *
Old post is olde. 367 days, to be exact.

That just means you were wrong on the Internet 367 days ago. :ь
Draco18s
QUOTE (Fatum @ Mar 11 2010, 06:55 PM) *
That just means you were wrong on the Internet 367 days ago. :ь

Nothin' new. I'm wrong on the internet all the time.
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 11 2010, 07:33 PM) *
Nothin' new. I'm wrong on the internet all the time.

I just saw march and thought it was recent thread.

Is this appropriate??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBHONx9vTtI

silly.gif
Draco18s
Hehehe.
FriendoftheDork
Seriously guys, let this thread die. The original topic is simply obsolete.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012