Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funny Moments in your runs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Stahlseele
That reeks of the Epic o.O
Tyro
QUOTE (Degausser @ Apr 16 2009, 03:38 AM) *
Another one for the CLUE files. . . except we actually pulled it off.

So, we are hired to kidnap a corp scientist. She lives in a AAA neighborhood outside of the corp compound, but everyday walks two blocks to the Subway station where she boards a special Tram that goes directly into the Megacorp archology. Our team was tossing around ideas, considering breaking in, when our mage pipes up. "Hey, I have a Ph.D in chemistry and Magical theory, and I can be pretty charming, why don't I quote unquote bump into her on the subway platform and invite her out to dinner?" We all agree this is a GREAT plan.

Then our Street Ninja pipes up with something that sums up our group's feelings perfectly: "No way, that plan is WAY too pansy!"

Instead, we rig four cars for remote control, load them with auto-destructs, missles, vehicle caltrops, and ablative armor, and then steal an SUV. We drive in, kidnap her as she is going to work, have a running firefight with LoneStar, and beat it from Bellvue, through downtown, into the Barrens, where the smog cover prevents satalitte tracking. During our run we down 4 police cars, 3 Citymasters, and two helicopters before Lone Star pulls back, and realizes that reinforcements from Fort Lewis can't get to us in time. BEST RUN EVER.

Maybe he can ask her out after the extraction love.gif
Dhaise
We had two egocentric mystads both go out to scout (and one up each other) ,and they both decided to slip me a note saying they were going to use their respective 'disregard' spells to cover their entry to outdo the other one.

So, all the players at the table 'forgot' that they had two guys roaming around and decided it was time to just send it the troll gunner as 'recon'. Good times.
All sorts of hell was being unloaded, and the mystads refused to drop their spells for fear of drain and drawing fire. They just kept screaming instructions at the other players, who promptly would just go 'huh!' and do something else.
wylie
somebody asked about the CLUE files??

found a link

http://web.archive.org/web/20061206051518/...shock.com/CLUE/

enjoy
tisoz
QUOTE (Shrapnel @ Apr 12 2009, 11:10 PM) *
Sounds like somebody's been playing Creepwoodrun... wink.gif

That's exactly what went through my mind.

I even tried providing the link, but it must be out of date. (http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=8834&hl=)
Brutalice
So here we are in Puyallup Barrens, at an old dog fighting arena. We were fighting an Abberant Toxic Spirit of Beasts, in the form of a nasty, giant ,diseased, death dog. The Toxic used his inate power of fear, and sent our face running like an orc who was on the menu for dinner, and was bout to get stuffed into a doggie bag. The street monster I am stuck it out to finish the fight with our Rigger and his sprit killing drones. When all was said and dead our Face returned from his jog, and said "Did you like how I distracted the dog, by running?" He then used the con skill, to convice us all that was his plan all along. Of course me bein mostly brawn and no brains fell for it, along with the rest of the team. eek.gif
ElFenrir
We just had a recent amusing thing, which more or less ended up amusing just due to some insane die rolls. Then it got funnier.

We were in a lab, and it was being played up that their was this BIG HORRIBLE thing down there that was CLAWS STEEL AND DEATH. We were being hired to get a scientist out of there, who was trapped in a broom closet, hiding.

So we get down there after mowing down some ghouls and a gang who controlled them. Then, here comes the BIG HORRIBLE thing-a cybered up, Pain-editored, and controlled Piasma. Oh yeah, it was horrible, indeed.

My guy went first-he has Wired 2 to help. So he takes two bursts at the thing, and it was hard to tell just how hard it was hurt; since the Pain Editor was in place. So it charged Kael(my character), since he was the one who messed it up.

He dropped Full Defense, and Riposte. Kicked it in the head.

it died. So apparently this Big Horrible thing can be taken out in two turns by a single man's roundhouse kick. This is where his roundhouse began to get a reputation even more(besides the time he used it to remove an opponent's head from his body the session before.) For the record, my guy isn't even a minmaxed beast-his firearm die pool wasn't even that fantabulous, I had just gotten some daaamn good rolls(though with a 17P kick after staging, it might have died anyway. nyahnyah.gif)

So we had a laugh at that-half nervous relief since we all thought the thing was going to rip us a new one, and half that the BIG CRAZY thing with STEEL and CLAWS (raaawr) apparently can't defend too well against an elven sam's roundhouse kick. (That, and the fact my GM laughed, since, a different character of mine a few years ago killed a Piasma with a very, very lucky shotgun blast to the head when he was expecting the Piasma to be much worse. He thinks Piasmas have a permanent curse on being killed by my characters.) Then we find a little Piasma. A cub. A tiny cub. The next hour was spent discussing on how to get it out, what to do with it, and if the bearboars were related. Dunno where that last part came from. The ork gunslinger/western guy decided he wanted to keep the baby Piasma as a pet. We have no idea what he's going to do with him when he gets older, but for now...the ork apparently has a Piasma cub living with him. rotfl.gif

Meanwhile, they decide to loot the place, even though ''the boss'' is on his way and we just fought some giant death-machine-bear-boar thingie and a bunch of ghouls. Another half hour of discussion on if we should stay to loot or not, while they are trying to make Etiquette rolls to deal with the baby Piasma, as if it understood the finer points of public behaivor. biggrin.gif Meanwhile, they decided to shove the baby Piasma into the rigger's van. He just sorta waddled around sniffing at us, and he now things that our big, bald, male Ork Gunslinger is ''mommy.''
ICPiK
QUOTE (Brutalice @ Apr 22 2009, 07:26 AM) *
So here we are in Puyallup Barrens, at an old dog fighting arena. We were fighting an Abberant Toxic Spirit of Beasts, in the form of a nasty, giant ,diseased, death dog. The Toxic used his inate power of fear, and sent our face running like an orc who was on the menu for dinner, and was bout to get stuffed into a doggie bag. The street monster I am stuck it out to finish the fight with our Rigger and his sprit killing drones. When all was said and dead our Face returned from his jog, and said "Did you like how I distracted the dog, by running?" He then used the con skill, to convice us all that was his plan all along. Of course me bein mostly brawn and no brains fell for it, along with the rest of the team. eek.gif

Just playing my role Brother. "And by the way, you know those were some great tactics". Wink Wink Nudge Nudge say no more. talker.gif
Brutalice
Yes they were Great tatics, I only hope Im that resourceful someday. Lol, and the funny thing is it worked out just as you planned. wobble.gif Just wish i could go sit on a beach and have mojitos when im fearful. (nudge, nudge, Mix)
ICPiK
QUOTE (Brutalice @ Apr 22 2009, 08:41 PM) *
Yes they were Great tatics, I only hope Im that resourceful someday. Lol, and the funny thing is it worked out just as you planned. wobble.gif Just wish i could go sit on a beach and have mojitos when im fearful. (nudge, nudge, Mix)

"Where am I Mon, And why the hell did I end up HOT!"
TeOdio
I know I've told this one before, but it has remained one of my favorite moments in Shadowrun. It was back in the late 90's with 2nd edition and I had my players invited to a New Years Gala at the Fuchi Towers in New York. Some of them managed to sneak in some "hardware" using fake SIN's and licenses. Being Shadowrun (and as a plot hook) I had some crazed anti corp radicals take the party goers hostage. One of the players up unto that point, playing a rather unhinged ex company man that went by the name of Giggles, was seated next to a top grossing Action Sim star and was being rather bored by his tepid boasting to some of the attractive women at the table. Of course being armed Shadowrunners, they decided to "deal" with the terrorists themselves. After the ensuing gunfight, the player playing Giggles looks at me and asks what the Sim star was doing. I told him cowering behind cover like just everyone else. Giggles grabs a napkin, autographs it and tosses it to the stunned sim star, now looking in awe of the "hero". That shit was awesome and funny. Giggles got me doubling over again later when it became apparent that he was the only one close enough with ability to disable a bomb the terrorists had planted on one of their floors load bearing beams. I set the moment up as tense as possible giving him a fairly difficult target number as we role played out the intricacies of the bomb. When he scooped up his dice, ready to "make the cut" as it were, he let out a nervous little giggle with this maniacal grin on his face. That sort of broke the mood a bit as we laughed our asses off, but it totally fit that character's personality. He made the roll as well!
nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif
SincereAgape
QUOTE (Degausser @ Apr 16 2009, 05:38 AM) *
Another one for the CLUE files. . . except we actually pulled it off.

So, we are hired to kidnap a corp scientist. She lives in a AAA neighborhood outside of the corp compound, but everyday walks two blocks to the Subway station where she boards a special Tram that goes directly into the Megacorp archology. Our team was tossing around ideas, considering breaking in, when our mage pipes up. "Hey, I have a Ph.D in chemistry and Magical theory, and I can be pretty charming, why don't I quote unquote bump into her on the subway platform and invite her out to dinner?" We all agree this is a GREAT plan.

Then our Street Ninja pipes up with something that sums up our group's feelings perfectly: "No way, that plan is WAY too pansy!"

Instead, we rig four cars for remote control, load them with auto-destructs, missles, vehicle caltrops, and ablative armor, and then steal an SUV. We drive in, kidnap her as she is going to work, have a running firefight with LoneStar, and beat it from Bellvue, through downtown, into the Barrens, where the smog cover prevents satalitte tracking. During our run we down 4 police cars, 3 Citymasters, and two helicopters before Lone Star pulls back, and realizes that reinforcements from Fort Lewis can't get to us in time. BEST RUN EVER.

I tip my hat to you dear sir and call you the SR daddy.
wylie
not actually in a game, but still very funny

few days ago ...........
one of my kids asked if there was androids in SR. thinking about it, I said I didn't think so.
then my daughter pipes up. "Sure there are. They are the players."

i still chuckle at the thought

players are aandroids grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012