Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Docwagon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
nezumi
I'm offering a free Resucitation to this thread! Haha!

Okay, here's the situation -
PC has the Super Platinum DW contract (and is at 9 boxes of damage). He is also carrying an NPC (Serious Wound, Deadly Stun) who he wishes to care for. He calls in Docwagon, who arrives immediately.

The wounds are an hour old, so don't benefit from First Aid (even though it is applied). The character receives an HTR response, for free, for himself. Because he's not at D, this doesn't count as needing resucitation. The big question...

His friend is not a Docwagon customer. Docwagon won't pass up the chance to pick up another customer, of course, but how much do they charge? I can't imagine it's the straight $5k HTR pickup costs, because she's not even a member. I imagine they jump it up a lot, then offer a 'discount' on becoming a member. So how much is reasonable to charge? $10k for the HTR, but a one-time 'discount' of $1k off the basic package?

(I don't have NAGNA available to me right now, but I understand there may be some clues in there.)
Caadium
QUOTE (nezumi @ Mar 2 2010, 08:12 AM) *
I'm offering a free Resucitation to this thread! Haha!

Okay, here's the situation -
PC has the Super Platinum DW contract (and is at 9 boxes of damage). He is also carrying an NPC (Serious Wound, Deadly Stun) who he wishes to care for. He calls in Docwagon, who arrives immediately.

The wounds are an hour old, so don't benefit from First Aid (even though it is applied). The character receives an HTR response, for free, for himself. Because he's not at D, this doesn't count as needing resucitation. The big question...

His friend is not a Docwagon customer. Docwagon won't pass up the chance to pick up another customer, of course, but how much do they charge? I can't imagine it's the straight $5k HTR pickup costs, because she's not even a member. I imagine they jump it up a lot, then offer a 'discount' on becoming a member. So how much is reasonable to charge? $10k for the HTR, but a one-time 'discount' of $1k off the basic package?

(I don't have NAGNA available to me right now, but I understand there may be some clues in there.)

My thought: DocWagon sometimes needs Shadowrunners too. I see a character that has to wash the dishes to pay for his dinner, so-to-speak.
nezumi
They have cash. I'm just wondering what the requested payment would be.
kzt
QUOTE (nezumi @ Mar 2 2010, 09:12 AM) *

You get charged full expenses of the call, plus a big markup. Then you get charged at full rate for the medical services, plus markup. Every pill, every bandage, EVERYTHING.

DocWagon charges BIG BUCKS if you are not a customer with a contract. And they will only do it someone agrees to pay. Since the friend is unconscious, the PC is the one who is agreeing to pay some huge but unknown amount of money for medical care that might or might not save his friends life. Hope it's worth it, because Doc Wagon WILL collect it.
nezumi
Do you know how much they would charge?

According to NAGNA, it's $5k for an HTR for people with the contract. How much would they mark it up for the NPC friend? (PC already agreed to pay, FYI.) 100%? 200%?
Caadium
I'd get creative, and make it big.

I think of that $5k as the co-pay amount for a member. If I go to the doctor and pay them $20 for my copay, it has absoultely no bearing on what that visit would cost someone without insurance. Odds are they would pay a couple hundred dollars at least depending on the nature of the visit. The same thing applies here. As a GM, if one of my characters has money, but isn't willing to buy DocWagon, then they get what they deserve if they ever call upon them for help. Then again, part of the way I run the shadows is to give legitimate reasons that they are always just a couple scores away from moving into the light. It sucks when a megacorp gets you on the dangle.
Shinobi Killfist
What is up with thread rezes today. This is the 3rd or fourth I've read from years gone by that got rezed.
nezumi
It helps keep things organized. Now, anyone who is looking for DocWagon information can find more of it in one thread, rather than in two threads, separated by years (and about 20 pages of results).
Saint Sithney
I'd say that the character without the contract doesn't pay HTR fees, since they didn't call the HTR. The HTR is already there, for free, to take care of the Platinum member.

The uncontracted party would be left according to company policies. For insurance reasons, they couldn't afford to treat someone without a contract, lest they open themselves up to litigation. Of course, the conscious character could "subcontract' one of the HTR guys to lug the unconscious non-client out in some sort of mercenary agreement, but there would be no treatment agreement without express authorization by the injured man.
Method
QUOTE (nezumi @ Mar 2 2010, 01:37 PM) *
It helps keep things organized. Now, anyone who is looking for DocWagon information can find more of it in one thread, rather than in two threads, separated by years (and about 20 pages of results).

I agree. Seeing the same questions posted over and over again (usually about two weeks apart) drives me nuts!! I rather see thread necromancy any day of the week!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012