Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: May Chat transcript
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
BishopMcQ
[ Spoiler ]
Octopiii
Is it terrible that I find Clockwork the most entertaining Jackpointer?
BishopMcQ
Nope. We all have our favorites.
martindv
That was... Uninformative.

Boring, too.
Ancient History
Definitely not the best we've ever had. we thought it would be more question-driven, but that didn't happen and we were slow on the response.
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (martindv @ May 16 2009, 11:33 PM) *
That was... Uninformative.

Boring, too.

That was... insightful.

Constructive as well.

I see some seeds of things to come in there, little tidbits, it didn't seem like there was much from the crowd, though. How was the turnout?
Ancient History
Horrific. 17 fans for a half-dozen freelancers.
Abschalten
These chats have a knack for occuring whenever I have to work, else I would have been there. frown.gif
martindv
QUOTE (Digital Heroin @ May 16 2009, 07:47 PM) *
I see some seeds of things to come in there, little tidbits, it didn't seem like there was much from the crowd, though. How was the turnout?

Really? I didn't see shit.

My favorite part was when someone would ask a simple, straightforward question like "Is the Yakuza still top dog" and a JPer would respond "which sprawl?"

Gee, what fucking sprawl do you fucking think? I don't know. It's supposed to be ShadowSEA, so I'm gonna guess... Uh... Kampuchia. No no no. Perth. Yeah, that's it.

What the fuck kind of idiot response is that? Jesus Christ. Quality is obviously not job one.
Cardul
QUOTE (Ancient History @ May 16 2009, 06:52 PM) *

OK...you see, I was, again, expecting that we were going to get the PDF for Vice, since they said the IC chat was about stuff in Vice.

But, honestly, I think that the IC chats for SR should be for release announcements or major events.
Cardul
QUOTE (martindv @ May 16 2009, 07:11 PM) *
Really? I didn't see shit.

My favorite part was when someone would ask a simple, straightforward question like "Is the Yakuza still top dog" and a JPer would respond "which sprawl?"

Gee, what fucking sprawl do you fucking think? I don't know. It's supposed to be ShadowSEA, so I'm gonna guess... Uh... Kampuchia. No no no. Perth. Yeah, that's it.

What the fuck kind of idiot response is that? Jesus Christ. Quality is obviously not job one.

Actually, I can kind of see them making that kind of assessment, as there were people asking about places outside of Seattle, and, of course, ShadowSea is still the face of ShadowLand, so people from around the world probably still use it as a central clearinghouse. On top of that, do you not ever find yourself discussing something, and find your own knowledge-base making it so when someone asks you a simple question, you give a complete answer, or need clarification? To me, their asking "which sprawl?" is a key example of "Never make assumptions." What happens in the Shadows when you make an assumption that turns out to be false?
Method
I wandered in at the end but I had a lot of other stuff going on so I wasn't following along very closely. Personally the in character chats are less appealing to me. I think there would be better turnout if you guys went back to the Q&A format (as boring as that may be for you guys...)
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (Ancient History @ May 17 2009, 12:52 AM) *

Ouch. Not a lot to work with there. I'd say with what there was, you all rolled quite well.

Three more months of missing this, and I'm going to plant myself in as a regular.

QUOTE (martindv @ May 17 2009, 01:11 AM) *
Blinders and cursing.

The "idiot response" in question was natural, given there had been a mix of talk between Seattle and LA in the questions previous, and this is representitive of a global virtual forum. That one response aside, we get insight into topics ranging from the Vory, to bodyguarding, the corporate cop shuffle, the fallout of the Tempo war, etc. That and some realtime interaction between shadowtalk regulars.

You get what you want to read out of it, though. If you want to ignore what was laid out and spew hatred, feel free to enjoy your lonely little world.
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Method @ May 16 2009, 09:00 PM) *
I wandered in at the end but I had a lot of other stuff going on so I wasn't following along very closely. Personally the in character chats are less appealing to me. I think there would be better turnout if you guys went back to the Q&A format (as boring as that may be for you guys...)

Unfortunately, when we do open chats or Q&As, 2 out of every 3 questions are "When will X be released" and the other questions are generally nit-pick rules questions that we can't answer spur-of-the moment. So Q&As have some issues.

Admittedly, today's chat wasn't the best. I'd be happy to hear suggsetions from fans on what you'd like to see in a chat. Knowing that we can't answer "when will XYZ be released?" questions...
The Jake
I'm definitely interested in the Vory angle. Obviously a reference to 'Vice'. In my campaign a Vory boss from Moscow has come over to shore up the North American operations (and he happens to be the blood relative and 'favorite uncle' of one of the PCs). In the Ghost Cartel fallout, I expect the Vory to gain a significant edge in the mob war. In my campaign I expect that the Vory will most likely form a temporary truce (if not alliance) with the Komun'go/First Nations outfit.

On that note, I would like to hear more about what becomes of the Komun'go and First Nations. Do they become an entirely new outfit - complete with a new name?

- J.
Method
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ May 16 2009, 06:12 PM) *
Unfortunately, when we do open chats or Q&As, 2 out of every 3 questions are "When will X be released" and the other questions are generally nit-pick rules questions that we can't answer spur-of-the moment. So Q&As have some issues.

Admittedly, today's chat wasn't the best. I'd be happy to hear suggsetions from fans on what you'd like to see in a chat. Knowing that we can't answer "when will XYZ be released?" questions...

I can certainly see where that would get old. To be fair I should say that I don't dislike the IC chats, I just like the Q&A's better. Its hard to say why. I'm not one of those that perseverates on release dates, but I do enjoy hearing concrete details about what's coming down the pipe. I guess there is plenty of conjecture to be had in the published Shadowtalk, JackPoint teasers, here on DS, etc but not many opportunities to pick the brains of those "in the know".

If the goal is to focus interest on a certain forthcoming release you might consider releasing a short teaser fiction piece with some of the IC hooks a day or two before a Q&A chat? Maybe present it like a shadowy news feed or a leaked data file with all the Shadowtalk you want to touch on embedded in the piece? IIRC you guys started the Ghost Cartels chat in a similar fashion. That would be something I would get into. Or maybe a hybrid IC/OOC chat of some kind, but I'm not sure what that would look like.

Or just make it known that people who ask about release dates will be banned? devil.gif
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (Method @ May 17 2009, 03:16 AM) *
If the goal is to focus interest on a certain forthcoming release you might consider releasing a short teaser fiction piece with some of the IC hooks a day or two before a Q&A chat? Maybe present it like a shadowy news feed or a leaked data file with all the Shadowtalk you want to touch on embedded in the piece?

That is an excellent suggestion. A piece of fiction, or a few mini-leaks would provide a focal point for people who plan on attending/contributing. If a single line hook can feed the mind, a teaser is a feast.

I'm a big fan of teasers.
The Jake
QUOTE (Method @ May 17 2009, 03:16 AM) *
I can certainly see where that would get old. To be fair I should say that I don't dislike the IC chats, I just like the Q&A's better. Its hard to say why. I'm not one of those that perseverates on release dates, but I do enjoy hearing concrete details about what's coming down the pipe. I guess there is plenty of conjecture to be had in the published Shadowtalk, JackPoint teasers, here on DS, etc but not many opportunities to pick the brains of those "in the know".

If the goal is to focus interest on a certain forthcoming release you might consider releasing a short teaser fiction piece with some of the IC hooks a day or two before a Q&A chat? Maybe present it like a shadowy news feed or a leaked data file with all the Shadowtalk you want to touch on embedded in the piece? IIRC you guys started the Ghost Cartels chat in a similar fashion. That would be something I would get into. Or maybe a hybrid IC/OOC chat of some kind, but I'm not sure what that would look like.

Or just make it known that people who ask about release dates will be banned? devil.gif

I am from the opposite camp, sorry. I definitely prefer the IC chatter. I would however support a hybrid chat - or at the very least, do half/half.

I am just pissed off I keep missing out. My timezone doesn't help much.

On a related note, I definitely think release dates should be discussed. smile.gif

- J.
Red_Cap
I prefer the IC chatter, too. I'd partake, but circumstances always seem to conspire against it.
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (The Jake @ May 16 2009, 09:55 PM) *
On a related note, I definitely think release dates should be discussed. smile.gif

- J.

You know what happens when we give release dates? We miss them, and then people get crankier than my 4 year old when he's lost his favorite droid. Hence, release dates come when books are physically in our warehouse. Anything else just gets us in trouble. So, discussing release dates is not going to happen. Keeping folks up to date on project progress -- well, we're attempting to do so via our blog posts on SR4.com. But again, nothing concrete. No saying, "in this quarter" or "this will be next" because you know what? It changes. An important piece of artwork doesn't get delivered. We learn the printer has eighteen billion other projects before ours, and it'll take an extra month. A giant snowstorm cripples transportation networks in the Pacific NW. Someone's kid gets pnemonia, they get behind on their project, and suddenly a different project ends up being ready for layout first. Stuff happens, dates get missed, and fans riot... (okay, maybe not riot. Whine. Moan. Send mean emails. That sort of thing.)

Hence, no release dates.

smile.gif
Zormal
I like the No release dates -rule. It would anyway be of no use to us fans to get a date early on, only to find out it doesn't stick. And if you'd force things out just because of a release date, that would be even worse.

No, I truly appreciate this style of honest effort. Especially because you do keep us posted on what's happening.

This latest chat was a bit... thin, but I don't think there was anything fundamentally wrong about the way you did it. Maybe you could have a few ideas of 'latest happenings' at hand you could turn to, if the crowd isn't so active. Personally, I enjoy these little tidbits of fluff that give thoughts on what to focus on my games. And of course, I happily devour every little detail of upcoming books, but I'm sure you know that smile.gif

These things happen. Don't sweat it wink.gif
Cardul
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ May 16 2009, 10:19 PM) *
You know what happens when we give release dates? We miss them, and then people get crankier than my 4 year old when he's lost his favorite droid.

Aff, just look at the SR novels...*grumps* Personally, I wish we were getting previews of the SR novel like the Battletech player are getting previews of the Battletech: Dark Age novel...

Heck, it would be nice to know the NAME of the first SR Novel, since we know that it is by Mel Odom.

And, TE, I really hope people are not sending you mean e-mails...that is just stupid..we all understand it is those foreign printers who are responsible for the delays in everything, not you guys. Well, them and U.S. Customs.
Aaron
Personally, I favor a policy wherein every request for a release date is met with the official response of "No, my little smurflings, not far now."
Stahlseele
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BattleTech_novels
See this list?
Daughter of the Dragon was the last Novel that got translated.
Prime Mover
IC chat about a specific project might make more sense if its done after the project so folks can tailor there questions to the material? (Unless devs just want to get on and play out a script to give some teasers.) As far as rules questions and nit pick stuff, couldn't those things be posted prior to chat so devs had a chance to answer them on chat day? (Like "Why don't any rotor craft have sensors?") Also agree with the no release dates, just chomping at the bit for all the goodness behind that dam of creativity.

Edit: A segment with news like this is what we've been doing in the last 30 days and this is what we expect to be working on in the next 30 might offer the kind of insight that folks sending angry letters might need to calm then down. (Then again it might require a heavier blunt object.)
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ May 17 2009, 08:22 AM) *
As far as rules questions and nit pick stuff, couldn't those things be posted prior to chat so devs had a chance to answer them on chat day? (Like "Why don't any rotor craft have sensors?")

We're toying with the idea of having people email in questions which we will ponder behind our curtains of doom, and then post answers - either in an official, updated list on SR4.com, or in a blog post, or maybe by writing the answers on scraps of paper, putting them in a balloon, and releasing it into the sky... (seriously, didn't you ever do that as a kid?)
Stahlseele
Kinda like an FAQ that gets updated regularly?
Prime Mover
So all the fans should tie a question to a balloon and whichever one that happens to land near a dev gets answered? Sounds iffy. smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Prime-The trick is to trace their cellphones, then drop all the balloons within a forty meter spread of their location. Enough red balloons in one area and they are bound to take notice.
Ancient History
Or spontaneously break out into song. 99 Luftballons/Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont...
Stahlseele
Yeah. We will NEVER live that one down, now that it's in Watchmen of all movies . .
Wesley Street
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ May 17 2009, 01:00 PM) *
We're toying with the idea of having people email in questions which we will ponder behind our curtains of doom, and then post answers - either in an official, updated list on SR4.com, or in a blog post, or maybe by writing the answers on scraps of paper, putting them in a balloon, and releasing it into the sky... (seriously, didn't you ever do that as a kid?)

Yes, and my balloon made it from Indianapolis to the middle of Iowa. I think it was one of the farthest traveling that year in elementary school.

If you're genuinely courting chat suggestions, I have four:

1. Space them out a bit more. Perhaps one every 60 days instead of one every 30. A thirty-day cycle isn't a particularly long time and if there's more of a buffer it may allow for interest to gather more steam.
2. Pick a very specific topic for discussion. If left open, chats inevitably fall into the typical "When is XYZ being released?/We can't tell you, silly goose" back and forth. So for June you could discuss "Everything You Wanted to Know About Organized Crime but Were Afraid to Ask Because It Might Get Your Legs Broken", "Magic and Mysteries of the 6th World: Hosted by Ancient History" for August, "Shadowrun Novels: The Good, The Bad and The Goblinizing" for October, et cetera. Keep it focused. Being in character isn't a topic, it's just a method of communication. And on that...
3. Limit the IC chats to once or twice a year. Many find them fun but I'm more interested in straight info, honest candor and tips rather than online role-playing.
4. If a topic doesn't lend itself to a back-and-forth discussion it may be better left as a blog post than a chat topic.

That's all. smile.gif
The Jake
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ May 17 2009, 04:19 AM) *
You know what happens when we give release dates? We miss them, and then people get crankier than my 4 year old when he's lost his favorite droid. Hence, release dates come when books are physically in our warehouse. Anything else just gets us in trouble. So, discussing release dates is not going to happen. Keeping folks up to date on project progress -- well, we're attempting to do so via our blog posts on SR4.com. But again, nothing concrete. No saying, "in this quarter" or "this will be next" because you know what? It changes. An important piece of artwork doesn't get delivered. We learn the printer has eighteen billion other projects before ours, and it'll take an extra month. A giant snowstorm cripples transportation networks in the Pacific NW. Someone's kid gets pnemonia, they get behind on their project, and suddenly a different project ends up being ready for layout first. Stuff happens, dates get missed, and fans riot... (okay, maybe not riot. Whine. Moan. Send mean emails. That sort of thing.)

Hence, no release dates.

smile.gif

Oh I understand the why. Also, given the track history of sticking to said schedule, I can also understand why you don't do it. Can't say I blame you.

Do I still think you should do it anyway? Hell yes.

- J.
The Jake
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ May 17 2009, 06:00 PM) *

O.o

I'm in with that. That would work so much easier with my schedule/timezone.

- J.
martindv
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ May 17 2009, 02:33 PM) *
So for June you could discuss "Everything You Wanted to Know About Organized Crime but Were Afraid to Ask Because It Might Get Your Legs Broken"

I could have sworn that was what yesterday's chat was supposed to be.
Ancient History
Yeaaaah...
Prime Mover
On my wish list is blog posts when a project goes off to the printer. Let's me know I should increase my anxiety level and reserve some cash in my budget.
SincereAgape
I don't think the chats are broken. The fans who attend seem to have a good time.

A guideline on how to make the chat more productive would be nice. Simply preface the chat by stating we will not be taking questions regarding release dates and rules might do. The great thing about the CGL Shadowrun team is that they are very accessible via the dumpshock forums. Don't know how many times Adam, Jennifer, AH, Dunner, etc have taken time during the week to join our threads and chime in on questions. Also, each creator has been very kind in responding to creative questions via PM.

The idea of pinning questions to a balloon and letting them fly into the sky is nice as well (A wave of nostalgia just hit. That was a fun event during Kindergarten.).
Adam
QUOTE (The Jake @ May 17 2009, 05:35 PM) *
Oh I understand the why. Also, given the track history of sticking to said schedule, I can also understand why you don't do it. Can't say I blame you.

Do I still think you should do it anyway? Hell yes.

Let's just be clear: "No dates until Street Date" has been Catalyst Game Labs policy for all game lines since day one, and has served us very well so far. It's been more annoying the last few months because aside from PDF exclusives we've had a big gap in Shadowrun releases, but when the release schedule is ticking along nicely [as it had been up until January's Feral Cities], it served everyone really well.

What good is giving you a date that we aren't sure we can hit? Get you excited about something ... and then not have it available for you to have? Makes little sense. Just like I don't think teasing fans about a whole bunch of upcoming releases is a good idea: I don't want you to be too excited about something you can't buy and can't play with for 8 months. I want you to be excited about the NEXT thing you can buy and use. Anticipation is a good thing -- too much of it isn't.
The Jake
QUOTE (Adam @ May 18 2009, 03:33 AM) *
Let's just be clear: "No dates until Street Date" has been Catalyst Game Labs policy for all game lines since day one, and has served us very well so far. It's been more annoying the last few months because aside from PDF exclusives we've had a big gap in Shadowrun releases, but when the release schedule is ticking along nicely [as it had been up until January's Feral Cities], it served everyone really well.

What good is giving you a date that we aren't sure we can hit? Get you excited about something ... and then not have it available for you to have? Makes little sense. Just like I don't think teasing fans about a whole bunch of upcoming releases is a good idea: I don't want you to be too excited about something you can't buy and can't play with for 8 months. I want you to be excited about the NEXT thing you can buy and use. Anticipation is a good thing -- too much of it isn't.

I'd respond with "then don't provide a street date if you're not sure you can keep it".

Let me put this another way - are there that many variables that can affect the release date of a product to such a degree that the company policy is to NOT provide one?

If that's the case, then so be it (ouch!). It just seems plenty of others are able to stick to a publishing schedule. I am confused as to why Catalyst have this issue.

I'm not meaning to nitpick btw. I just don't understand the industry enough to understand how this can occur.

- J.

PS: I'm always bristling with anticipation. But I do recall the days when release dates were a joke and equally dismissed.

Ancient History
QUOTE (The Jake @ May 18 2009, 04:56 AM) *
I'd respond with "then don't provide a street date if you're not sure you can keep it".

We don't. See how that works?

Let me put this another way - are there that many variables that can affect the release date of a product to such a degree that the company policy is to NOT provide one?

Hah. Yes. The process of creating a book and getting it printed is not a simple three-step process. Even if you get the writing, art, editing, and layout done on time, once it's off to the printers everything is out of your hands until it goes to the warehouse.
Adam
QUOTE (The Jake @ May 18 2009, 12:56 AM) *

Which is what we endeavor to do.

Yes. Some that are within our control, and some that are not. For example, we warehouse our games in the USA, but most of them are printed in Canada or overseas, which means they have to cross through American Customs on the way to our warehouse. Sometimes, shipments end up radically delayed in Customs, and RPG/other gaming material often falls victim to questionable delays because it also tends to contain material that on first glance, may look objectional [FanPro once had a book delayed at the US/Canadian border because it was part of a joint shipment with another company, and that company had a book titled "Devils and Demons" or something similar in the same shipment, so the entire shipment was held for over a week. Just a quick example.]

Even if we waited until the book was at the printer, there are still things that can go wrong during printing or shipping, which is why we wait until the books are in our warehouse.

And of course, before the books leave our hands, plenty can go wrong, and plans can simply change. A book that we thought was nearly ready may need more attention, whereas another book that we had slated to come up after it may have breezed through editing and layout and be nearly ready to go, so we shift priorities.

If that's the case, then so be it (ouch!). It just seems plenty of others are able to stick to a publishing schedule. I am confused as to why Catalyst have this issue.

I think that if you look at most publishers of our size [less than 10 employees] in the game industry and outside of it, release dates are a chronic problem.

In the end, we believe that providing Street Dates when we have the book in our warehouse best serves all levels of our customers: distributors, retailers, and the end-user customer.

Providing people with _more_ information is only valuable if that information is accurate.
Demonseed Elite
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ May 17 2009, 03:33 PM) *
Yes, and my balloon made it from Indianapolis to the middle of Iowa. I think it was one of the farthest traveling that year in elementary school.

If you're genuinely courting chat suggestions, I have four:

1. Space them out a bit more. Perhaps one every 60 days instead of one every 30. A thirty-day cycle isn't a particularly long time and if there's more of a buffer it may allow for interest to gather more steam.
2. Pick a very specific topic for discussion. If left open, chats inevitably fall into the typical "When is XYZ being released?/We can't tell you, silly goose" back and forth. So for June you could discuss "Everything You Wanted to Know About Organized Crime but Were Afraid to Ask Because It Might Get Your Legs Broken", "Magic and Mysteries of the 6th World: Hosted by Ancient History" for August, "Shadowrun Novels: The Good, The Bad and The Goblinizing" for October, et cetera. Keep it focused. Being in character isn't a topic, it's just a method of communication. And on that...
3. Limit the IC chats to once or twice a year. Many find them fun but I'm more interested in straight info, honest candor and tips rather than online role-playing.
4. If a topic doesn't lend itself to a back-and-forth discussion it may be better left as a blog post than a chat topic.

That's all. smile.gif

I pretty much agree with these suggestions. Though I'm not sure I'd bother sticking to an "every 60 days" schedule and instead just schedule chats when you have something to say. Or especially, when you have something to announce. Everyone seems to love the chats where there is a PDF launch attached or the announcement of a product they didn't know previously existed. Chats that don't have this kind of anchor seem to drift all over the place and without that kind of announcement, they always have a weak finish.
Cardul
QUOTE (Adam @ May 18 2009, 01:02 AM) *
Yes. Some that are within our control, and some that are not. For example, we warehouse our games in the USA, but most of them are printed in Canada or overseas, which means they have to cross through American Customs on the way to our warehouse. Sometimes, shipments end up radically delayed in Customs, and RPG/other gaming material often falls victim to questionable delays because it also tends to contain material that on first glance, may look objectional [FanPro once had a book delayed at the US/Canadian border because it was part of a joint shipment with another company, and that company had a book titled "Devils and Demons" or something similar in the same shipment, so the entire shipment was held for over a week. Just a quick example.]

And, Tactical Operations was held in customs for what, a month? I understand being held on a boat that long caused some problems with the first batches bindings...

Honestly, I think part of the problem right now is: it is may, and we have not had anything in dead tree for any of CGL's stuff since...Feral Cities in January. The novels are....where? What is the hold up with them? Are we going to have them before GenCon? Are we going to have ANYTHING in dead tree before gencon? I love you guys and your stuff, but, it really seems that every year, there is a rush of releases at GenCon and shortly after(september and october), slows down in November and December, and then very little from January to GenCon. This is what leads to people wanting to know what is coming up, when something is coming up...because, honestly, we want to give you our money! And, when I have already bought all the stuff that is out there, both PDF and dead tree(where available), I do not see how I can give you any more of my money without something new...
Adam
Yup. I acknowledged that in my previous post. Suddenly throwing out a bunch of potential dates, however, is not the solution to that issue. smile.gif
tarbrush
From my point of view, it was my first chat, so I had no idea what I was really doing smile.gif

I agree with previous posters who've suggested that you realease a small piece of spoiler to give the discussion a bit of focus.

Or alternatively, prep one of the JP people with a story or something that they can tell that everyone can get involved in if things are going slowly. Something like what Clockwork posted about the red cyborg, but a bit more open ended. There's not really much more that any of us can say other than "wtf, cyborg?" or "yes we'll keep an eye out for that". If you have two or three of you guys go back and forth for a few sentences it gives a lot more hooks for the rest of us to ask questions about.
DireRadiant
Every time Catalyst hints at a release date, corporate enemies hire a bunch of runners to futz up the release date.
SincereAgape
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ May 18 2009, 08:23 AM) *
Every time Catalyst hints at a release date, corporate enemies hire a bunch of runners to futz up the release date.

Dang you GamesWorkshop.
deek
I like the IC chats and I agree with having some backup story or teasers from the JP people if things are slow.

And technically, these monthly chats are posted here and asked for questions ahead of time if you are not able to attend, so if the devs have an answer to those questions by chat day, then I'd hope they would answer them before or after the IC chat.

Anyways, I'd say keep on doing what you are doing.

The only real suggestion I have is maybe trying one of these chats during the week. It would at least be worth it to see if there was better turnout when some people might already be sitting in front of their computer. My impression is that there's more availability during the work week than on a weekend...
Wesley Street
QUOTE (deek @ May 18 2009, 08:29 AM) *
The only real suggestion I have is maybe trying one of these chats during the week. It would at least be worth it to see if there was better turnout when some people might already be sitting in front of their computer. My impression is that there's more availability during the work week than on a weekend...

Take it from someone who has run a young adult ministry for seven years. There's never an ideal time for any extra-curricular activity, be it weekend or weekday. It's best to just pick a time and hope people are dedicated enough to show. Start playing the "what day would be ideal" game and it leads to madness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012