Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rate this character
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Machiavelli
Aha, interesting. Are we both playing the 400 Bp´s version of SR? I also have other characters in my group that e.g. excel in Firearms and are cybered to the feet, but even they don´t have a rating of 5 in every skill. Besides the fact that it doesn´t work from character creation...but maybe you have a houserule on that. If i would save points from the groups and would put it into attribute or skills, i would probably have 12 dices instead of 9. What would mean 4 hits instead of 3. And for what a price? Sorry...bad maths. With 9 dices i am ways better than every sample-character and even they are playable. They suck, for sure, but unplayable? No. So maybe you are playing in a high-level-campain, wheather I am playing in a "normal" campaign where 9 dices are above average? Who knows?
Larme
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Jun 12 2009, 04:00 AM) *
Aha, interesting. Are we both playing the 400 Bp´s version of SR? I also have other characters in my group that e.g. excel in Firearms and are cybered to the feet, but even they don´t have a rating of 5 in every skill. Besides the fact that it doesn´t work from character creation...but maybe you have a houserule on that. If i would save points from the groups and would put it into attribute or skills, i would probably have 12 dices instead of 9. What would mean 4 hits instead of 3. And for what a price? Sorry...bad maths. With 9 dices i am ways better than every sample-character and even they are playable. They suck, for sure, but unplayable? No. So maybe you are playing in a high-level-campain, wheather I am playing in a "normal" campaign where 9 dices are above average? Who knows?

Yes, we're both playing with 400 BP. The key is efficiency. Instead of spending your points on attributes you don't need, you cut them out. You buy more cyber and less attributes, so your attributes end up just as high for less BP. The extra BP goes into skills. I can make a streetsam with over 20 dice to shoot easily, using only 400 BP. You may indeed be playing a lower power game, but it's not because you're playing 400 BP, it's just because nobody at your table wants to (or knows how to) min-max.
Wiseman
I've nothing to contribute really so I'll keep this brief (killing time at work)

The only way that you literally can't get through life without a problem is when you're Uncouth -- that means you don't even have any idea of manners or etiquette, you're Untrained. You cannot accomplish easy tasks without a roll because you've literally got no idea that it's wrong to order food by saying "Give me a burger, shitface, or I'll rape you."

This made me laugh...hard. I swear I work with some people who have the email version of uncouth (hey! a new idea for a negative matrix quality)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012