Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unotanium
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Kerenshara
QUOTE (The Jake @ Jun 17 2009, 02:17 AM) *
I'm sorry if my question was imprecise: what percentage of campaigns go long enough for this to be an issue? If your answer is the same then I suspect you are running/ playing in a rather large (and odd) number of jigh powered campaigns.

I don't think all items are there for the PCs to acquire, although granted they may get to - even if it is temporary.

- J.

My answer was in a theoretical sense. The one time I joined such a high-level game already-in-progress, the character I brought in (combined with a pretty good understanding of the rules and a LOT of creativity) after one run had the GM decide MAYBE it was time to consider a fresh start. To give you an idea HOW bad that one was: the "observation" session I had the time before I joined was at the end of a long-chain 'run. The team broke into the inner sanctum of some kind of Evil Mage Conspiracy CultTM and fully-automatic grenade launchers and assault cannon were bouncing like .22LR off an Abrams tank, so they used their "special phone" and called in an orbital laser strike. I'm NOT kidding.

Most of my games have never gotten THAT far, but the helicopter is less "weird" than you might think, depending on the venue. Playing over the plains of the NAN or someplace like that it would make a LOT more sense. I mean, Howlin' Mad Murdock got to fly a Huey in HOW many episodes?

*grin*
Ravor
Personally what I'd like to see is a second set of "Lifestyle Rules" that covers gear upkeep, training costs, bullets, ect...
Generico
QUOTE (Traul @ Jun 18 2009, 04:05 AM) *
Easy to solve: just drop the toy guns and start using a real weapon that can use belt fed ammo cyber.gif

Take it further: use disposable weapons for the really big targets instead of narrow bursts.

No one counts ammo for a LAW; either you have nothing to fear for the LAW is on your side, or you have lain down the LAW and your enemies are devastated.
The Jake
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Jun 21 2009, 12:42 AM) *
My answer was in a theoretical sense. The one time I joined such a high-level game already-in-progress, the character I brought in (combined with a pretty good understanding of the rules and a LOT of creativity) after one run had the GM decide MAYBE it was time to consider a fresh start. To give you an idea HOW bad that one was: the "observation" session I had the time before I joined was at the end of a long-chain 'run. The team broke into the inner sanctum of some kind of Evil Mage Conspiracy CultTM and fully-automatic grenade launchers and assault cannon were bouncing like .22LR off an Abrams tank, so they used their "special phone" and called in an orbital laser strike. I'm NOT kidding.

Most of my games have never gotten THAT far, but the helicopter is less "weird" than you might think, depending on the venue. Playing over the plains of the NAN or someplace like that it would make a LOT more sense. I mean, Howlin' Mad Murdock got to fly a Huey in HOW many episodes?

*grin*

Emphasis mine.

My answer was in the practical sense. While the situation you're describing sounds like a lot of fun, these scenarios are typically the exception to SR games, and probably not the norm - at least going by the book.

- J.
IceKatze
hi hi

I played in a campaign once upon a time that involved the players as pirates on the open seas, a-la off the coast of somalia. Rules for warships came up several times. (in much the same way as rules for a T-bird come into play. You may never own one, but they'll shoot at you all the same)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012