Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vignette Thread Comments
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Mr. Man
I tried to print this thread out as I don't find reading fiction on my computer screen comfortable, but the smart quotes and other special characters get mangled by whatever processing the forum does when it creates the printable version.

If any of the authors have time you might want to check out the printable version of the thread and edit your posts accordingly.
Critias
Bonus Cool Points ™ to anyone who knows what song I was inspired by, for the little story I just tossed together.
thelovedr
To every one that has written a vignette so far... AMAZING FRICKIN JOB!!! I love reading these little scenes as they are easy to write, and they dont take too much commitment. I'll put one up soon.

Knasser - Wiggy is the best! We need more of him. Also, if you put a link to the real thread at the top of this one, more people will find the vignettes (since it is quicker to post a comment than to get inspiration for a vignette).
knasser
QUOTE (thelovedr @ Jul 28 2009, 06:50 AM) *
To every one that has written a vignette so far... AMAZING FRICKIN JOB!!! I love reading these little scenes as they are easy to write, and they dont take too much commitment. I'll put one up soon.

Knasser - Wiggy is the best! We need more of him. Also, if you put a link to the real thread at the top of this one, more people will find the vignettes (since it is quicker to post a comment than to get inspiration for a vignette).

Thanks. Wiggy is probably one of my favourite characters. Someone who manages to remain naive and compassionate amidst all the chaos, albeit not quite there. He's actually my own PC.

Incidentally, there is and always has been a link to the actual Vignette thread in the first post of this one. Check the first line. I'm afraid it's that unalterable Dumpshock colour scheme again. I've gone back and put it in bold, though.

K.

@TheMan: Nice work on the printable version. Didn't know that could be done.
knasser
Critias - another nice one. I'm a complete sucker for romance. biggrin.gif
Shard
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 27 2009, 09:15 PM) *
Bonus Cool Points ™ to anyone who knows what song I was inspired by, for the little story I just tossed together.

My guess for the song inspiration would be Jeannie Needs a Shooter by Warren Zevon. Bit of a twist on the song ending though, so I'm probably wrong.
Critias
QUOTE (Shard @ Jul 28 2009, 03:13 PM) *
My guess for the song inspiration would be Jeannie Needs a Shooter by Warren Zevon. Bit of a twist on the song ending though, so I'm probably wrong.

Nope, never even heard of that one.

I'll be surprised if anyone knows of the tune, which is why I'm giving cool points ™ for it. To the best of my knowledge, the album only sold about 5,000 copies (and is no longer in production).
Shard
Sounds like impossible points. -_-

Also, I agree with the above sentiments. We need more Wiggy. It's classic stuff man.
IceKatze
hi hi

I haven't finished reading all of them, but I wanted to get my story out while it was fresh in my mind, my apologies to those writers whose stories I haven't read yet. They've all been enjoyable so far.

I hope my long rambling prose isn't too boring for people. It is kind of supposed to be though, since I was attempting to emulate what a person who is heavily wired with lots of sensory enhancements would experience. Trying to point out all the little things they might notice while essentially living in slow motion.
Chrysalis
One of my faves is the story showcasing Bongo Slade, drummer and Shadowrunner.

knasser, excellent thread.

crash2029
I've decided to go for the hat trick and uploaded another tale of John. As always feedback is appreciated.

@SincereAgape: Thank you. That means alot. John was always my favorite character, followed closley by Car. Maybe I will have to post his stats so you can use him as an NPC.

@knasser: More kudos on this thread. Much love, chummer.

@Kerenshara: I just read food fight. Nice work. It's bringing me back. I have run that one twice and played it once. I liked the novel reason Felicity/Kerenshara had to hit Stuffer Shack. Kudos.

edit: Almost forgot. knasser-I liked Stormcrow. I missed how through the editions the And so it came to pass section on Daniel Coleman kept getting smaller. More kudos.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Jul 30 2009, 03:36 AM) *
@Kerenshara: I just read food fight. Nice work. It's bringing me back. I have run that one twice and played it once. I liked the novel reason Felicity/Kerenshara had to hit Stuffer Shack. Kudos.

Thanks.

I actually had to stretch at the time when the GM told us what time it was. I KNEW she'd be out as Felicity (I had 13 other valid personas to choose from at the time, in theory) because Felicity's a spoiled rich daddy's valley girl, down to the "Like, wow!" and the bottle blonde hair with just a trace of roots showing; I mean, she's driving the SR4 equivalent of an Escalade for pete's sake! That meant being dressed in something revealing (read: enticing to a prospective lay) and going to some place like a high lifestyle hotel for a party complete with dinner (skipped; Got to watch her figure), dancing, Auld lang sine, the balloon drop, and rooms available upstairs for the consumation of her (inevitably successful) hunt for a sexual partner of the evening. What I couldn't figure out is why the drek she'd be in a Stuffer ShackTM; Cameras are all digital, so no film. Batteries last weeks and are rechargable. The hotel has food and booze. Felicity's makeup is all a prop, since the Makeover spell is in Kerenshara's grimoire. Her stockings actually aren't, thanks to the Fashion spell, so no laddering to call for a last-minute replacements. Then it hit me: this is essentially a "booty call" with an as-yet-to-be-named stranger. STDs are still a legit problem in 2070, even if contraceptive implants are now 100% effective. Kerenshara's a bit on the obsessive-compulsive side when it comes to "mission prep", but Felicity IS kind of a ditz, and she REALLY gets into her role(s) - the GM essentially worked with me on a variant of the Deep Cover quality and considers her functionally schitzo - so having her firearm, comlink, hair and makeup set, protective clothing transformed into a slinky little number, a great pair of CFM heels, and her recently re-designed purse stuffed with Felicity's stuff and finally Felicity's comlink (yes, each persona has it's own comlink, too) she heads out the door already as Felicity... except the ditz assumed her purse was properly stocked until she's half way there and thinks to look to make sure because she's REALLY looking foward to sneaking off around 0100 and having some guy fill her need... or whatever. *grin*

The GM did a round-table "why are you in the 'Shack?" and when he gets to me it's "I'm like, totally out of condoms! I mean, it's New Year's Eve! Duh!" He tried not to smirk, knowing about my character already. The rest of the group rolled their eyes and tried not to groan, knowing ME already, and realizing what they were probably going to have to put up with - Like, wow!
D Minor
Kudoo's to all you Authors. Cookies for all smile.gif. I'm also really digging the recurring characters, John and wiggy et al.

Knasser keep up the good work man. Its threads like this that keep me coming back to DS.
thelovedr
QUOTE (knasser @ Jul 28 2009, 12:15 AM) *
Incidentally, there is and always has been a link to the actual Vignette thread in the first post of this one. Check the first line. I'm afraid it's that unalterable Dumpshock colour scheme again. I've gone back and put it in bold, though.

Oops, missed it.
knasser
At the risk of becoming someone who says everything is great all the time, this comments thread itself is even pretty interesting.

I'm just posting to say that I can't keep up with reading all the Vignettes (even though they're great) and I haven't had time to update the list at the start, but I will when I return from a short trip next week.

There is some absolutely fantastic work in those Vignettes! And I think reading them is a great way for people to get a feel for Shadowrun or learn about its setting, too.

Peace,

K.
Critias
I really gotta stat up this guy from my last two stories. I like him.
The Dragon Girl
I just wanted to say that all of these pieces are amazing, and I'm looking forward to trying to write something a bit longer for my next post there.
~ TDG
Kerenshara
OK, I have to apologise in advance for the lack of cleanup on "You Lucked Out". I finished it, scanned it once, and threw it up, because I need to be going for a bit and didn't want to lose my train of thought. It's got a lot of things to trip over, verbally, but I hope the gist of the story manages to come through the drek. Anyhow, enjoy (if you can).
kanislatrans
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Jul 30 2009, 08:48 PM) *
OK, I have to apologise in advance for the lack of cleanup on "You Lucked Out". I finished it, scanned it once, and threw it up, because I need to be going for a bit and didn't want to lose my train of thought. It's got a lot of things to trip over, verbally, but I hope the gist of the story manages to come through the drek. Anyhow, enjoy (if you can).

It is fine just as it is as far as I'm concerned. I really enjoyed it. rotate.gif rotate.gif rotate.gif
Kerenshara
QUOTE (kanislatrans @ Jul 30 2009, 10:53 PM) *
It is fine just as it is as far as I'm concerned. I really enjoyed it. rotate.gif rotate.gif rotate.gif

Thank you.

I know she's neither anywhere as endearing as Wiggy, nor as cool as John, and she's not as elegant as I see Swan in my head, but there's a ruthless charm to the slitch. What is so much fun to explore is the disparate ways people perceive her: Some people see her as cold and heartless, others paranoid and selfish, a few as a capable professional and able team player, but she has her own unique perspective of herself. Her totem is the Dark Goddess - fertility and death by turns, though she doesn't yet realize it conciously. She had cyber- and bioware implanted before her late awakening, so she has to deal with the conflicts inherent in that as well. She wouldn't know romantic love if it bit her on the hoop, but she would be swept totally away by True Love's Kiss. She is true to her self, and unashamed of it, but she doesn't actually understand herself yet, and that's where the joy of telling her story is coming from. Now I need to get it all out on "paper" and out of my head. I will say this: I already have in mind the first time she comes truly face-to-face with the long-term consequences to others of her actions, and it changes her life. How does a person who trully feels no qualms about killing atone for something when her heart demands it? She's a gifted killer, but what happens when she discovers and has to explore the fact that she's also a gifted healer? When people she never gave a second thought to suddenly become her personal responsibility and turn to her for leadership, guidance and protection? What does she do when the man she falls in love with forces her to kill him because it's the only way he can keep his honor and protect her from himself? That's the story I can't wait to tell.

Now, I just hope I don't wind up tossed casually into the pit of WoD for being too "angsty"... *grin*
Kerenshara
You're slipping Knasser...

I count at least ten (10) new Vignettes that you haven't added to the list at the top of the thread. If you're going to create such a cool thread, you're going to have to maintain it when people contribute.

*grin*

I'm kidding, of course, but I thought maybe you just forgot.

Now, hop to it! You've got editing to do!

Kerenshara
Critias, I loved the whole "Dawg the Bounty Hunter" schtick. Not only is it prime material for a Shadowrun game, but it's ammusing as drek and you tell it really well.

Crash2029, I have to say, while I like John, I'm really becoming a lot more attached to Car. He's more my type of NPC - a friend, helpful in his own way, and with a really warped sense of humor. John playing the straight man just makes it perfect.

It's ALMOST the level of Pinky and the Brain, with Car as Pinky and John as the Brain. See? Here, look:

"Zot! John, it wasn't a total waste. Poit!"
"I'm almost afraid to ask, but why is that, Car?"
"Naff, you got to blow something up, John!"
John sighs, "Don't make me hurt you, Car."

IceKate, nice first contribution. I really liked how you characterized their perceptions.
TeknoDragon
Kerenshara, I really enjoyed the latest bit of story about a certain assassin. Polished and wonderful!
Kerenshara
QUOTE (TeknoDragon @ Aug 3 2009, 03:56 PM) *
Kerenshara, I really enjoyed the latest bit of story about a certain assassin. Polished and wonderful!

The bit in the diner, or the one where she sings in public for the first time since awakening?

I was trying to drink when I read you comment and came to the polished part; fortunately I managed to neither choke or snarf all over the monitor. I did the thing in Word, but just because I got rid of most of the red squiggles and some of the green squiggles doesn't make it polished. I am, however, now keeping all the growing bits in a separate and readable file. I discovered I really liked Jules, Darkheart and Brick, while Othello is just too cool to ignore. I already slipped in Jules again all unawares, so we'll see what's next.

Thanks for the encouragement in any case. Now I need to play with a certain detective...
knasser
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 3 2009, 03:30 PM) *
You're slipping Knasser...

I count at least ten (10) new Vignettes that you haven't added to the list at the top of the thread. If you're going to create such a cool thread, you're going to have to maintain it when people contribute.

*grin*

I'm kidding, of course, but I thought maybe you just forgot.

Now, hop to it! You've got editing to do!

Cheekay! biggrin.gif

I even posted to say that I was going away for a few days and wouldn't be able to keep the thread updated, but I still get complaints! smile.gif

Anyway, all up to date again, though I still haven't managed to read the new ones yet. I shall definitely read The Dragon Girl's vignette first though, as its her second post! Welcome to Dumpshock!

Anyway, off to do some serious reading, now. biggrin.gif

K.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 4 2009, 12:32 PM) *
Cheekay! biggrin.gif

I even posted to say that I was going away for a few days and wouldn't be able to keep the thread updated, but I still get complaints! smile.gif

Anyway, all up to date again, though I still haven't managed to read the new ones yet. I shall definitely read The Dragon Girl's vignette first though, as its her second post! Welcome to Dumpshock!

Anyway, off to do some serious reading, now. biggrin.gif

K.

The best time to pick on somebody is when they aren't around to respond, you know that.

That said, I'm glad you're back. Now, don't you have some reading to do?

*Sassy grin*
SincereAgape
@Kerenshara. I finished reading "You Lucked Out," "Svartalfheimer," and "And They Say Killing is Hard" (Again). They are wonderful stories and served as nice mini-vacation during the down time moments at work. You Lucked Out and Killing is Hard are my two favorite stories with very nice twists at the end. As a veteran reader and large fan of the various Shadowrun novels which have been published in the past twenty years, I have to say you really understand the Shadowrun world. Rachel/Cheryl is an interesting character whom you are developing quiet nicely in these stories. Keep up the great work. I enjoyed the use of magic in Svartalfheimer, and am making a mental note to tie in her musical talents/side gig in with the potential "On the Run." campaign.

:Thumbs up:

-Agape and Roper.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Aug 4 2009, 06:07 PM) *
@Kerenshara. I finished reading "You Lucked Out," "Svartalfheimer," and "And They Say Killing is Hard" (Again). They are wonderful stories and served as nice mini-vacation during the down time moments at work. You Lucked Out and Killing is Hard are my two favorite stories with very nice twists at the end. As a veteran reader and large fan of the various Shadowrun novels which have been published in the past twenty years, I have to say you really understand the Shadowrun world. Rachel/Cheryl is an interesting character whom you are developing quiet nicely in these stories. Keep up the great work. I enjoyed the use of magic in Svartalfheimer, and am making a mental note to tie in her musical talents/side gig in with the potential "On the Run." campaign.

:Thumbs up:

-Agape and Roper.

Wow, thanks. Developing... I'm developing her? Chummer, I'm trying to get the slitch out of my head! The only way to do that is to get her on "paper". She's like 6 month old puppy: I want to get out an I want to get out NOW!" She's more real than most of the other voices in my head. You should try having an OOC conversation with her, it's really fascinating... or scarry, depending on your kinks.
Chrysalis
I just posted a bit of a game I used to run in. I think it's very good in my humble opinion.

It is really a showcase of what AR technology can do with a little bit of nudging. I think AR technology is under used. There are immense possiblities from a storytelling pespective. The ability of being instantaneously in one place while being physically located in another.

The problem I have is that it may seem implausible to someone who is used to the lack of intrusive and accessible online services. In Finland, I could sit in a bus and be on the Internet or be on a train, where every seat has a plug and all that is missing is the LAN party. For many players of Shadowrun that is still science fiction and not science actual.
The Dragon Girl
Hah! Thanks for the warm welcome, Knasser, and I hope everyone's enjoyed my little snippits of fiction so far. I'd love any crit folks had.

I know I enjoy all the pieces I've read (which is all but the newest- which I shall go read now)

It's wonderful to see all the different styles and voices for the setting.

~TDG
Kerenshara
The latest two additions: "Through the Looking Glass" and "Idiot" are part of the same exact story, with "Idiot" taking place a couple hours after the end of "Through the Looking Glass". I apologise that the content isn't particularly "'runnish" but I got a couple requests for further plot/character development, and I wanted to give Marcus some more screen time. I have more coming soon that's back to 'running again, so I hope I haven't made too many people feel like I was wasting their time.

Incidentally, I checked and I'm well over 13,000 words now just in the Vignette thread related to Kerenshara; The average start length for a modern novel is 50,000 words, so I'm over a quarter of the way there already. I was shocked.
SincereAgape
@Chrysalis. I really enjoyed your writing Laurie. The tone of the conversations between James and Vinnie in "Harvest Moon" reminded me of the type of conversations you have with really close friends, one's that there have been a lot of love/hate over the years. The way AR is portrayed in Vera's story is really well done, and it is probably the best usage of Augmented Reality/The Wireless Matrix in everyday situations that I have read to date. When the new Shadowrun novels do get published, I wonder what type of descriptions they will be using to describe the wireless matrix. Finally, "My Summer" is very touching, especially to someone who used to work with inner city youth. The entire story felt like you were talking to the narrator face to face, across the prison cell or in a therapy session.

@Kerenshara. Solid new additions to the chronicles of Amanda/Cheryl. Still trying to figure out what exactly is the connection between the two personalities, whether they are split personalities or if there is a 'deep cover' in Kerenshara's qualities. It probably is as simple as Cheryl taking on the persona of Amanda as a cover. "Through the Looking Glass" was made complete after reading "Idiot." In the next story I would love to see Marcus kick some arse, and have his credibility established as a police officer.

-Hoping to start reading some of Critias's stories in the next few days and then eventually catch up with Knasser's stories.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Aug 11 2009, 08:12 PM) *
@Kerenshara. Solid new additions to the chronicles of Amanda/Cheryl. Still trying to figure out what exactly is the connection between the two personalities, whether they are split personalities or if there is a 'deep cover' in Kerenshara's qualities. It probably is as simple as Cheryl taking on the persona of Amanda as a cover. "Through the Looking Glass" was made complete after reading "Idiot." In the next story I would love to see Marcus kick some arse, and have his credibility established as a police officer.

Cheryl is the actual (meta)human being in question. Kerenshara is her 'runner handle. Amanda is a nice girl. Felicity is a ditz. Rachel is a rogue. There are quite a few other personas out there as well. (Hi! Ahm Georgia Annabelle Jessica Davis, but yehu kin cahl me Jesse.) She gets far enough into each that it starts getting a little schitzo inside her skull, in case you can't tell from her internal monologue. Notice how she also said "If you want to have fun, put on Rachel or Felicity." She puts on and takes off personas, mentally, emotionally, technically and magically. Somebody looking at her astrally would be able to eventually figure out they are the same individual, but it's such a striking set of changes, at first blush they're different people. There's an unfinished vignette from the morning after "Food Fight" where Cheryl wakes up and gets annoyed at tripping over Felicity's very expensive and casually discarded garments on the floor - Cheryl's a bit OCD about things like that natively - and she bitches about what a slob Felicity is. My GM is just glad THEY don't have to keep them all straight!

Marcus kicking hoop, huh? That actually gives me an idea to turn a touchy-feely date into an interesting event for another Vignette. Thanks! (The biggest problem I originally anticipated was Cheryl having to pretend Amanda wasn't good at walking in heels!)
Chrysalis
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Aug 12 2009, 03:12 AM) *
@Chrysalis. I really enjoyed your writing Laurie. The tone of the conversations between James and Vinnie in "Harvest Moon" reminded me of the type of conversations you have with really close friends, one's that there have been a lot of love/hate over the years. The way AR is portrayed in Vera's story is really well done, and it is probably the best usage of Augmented Reality/The Wireless Matrix in everyday situations that I have read to date. When the new Shadowrun novels do get published, I wonder what type of descriptions they will be using to describe the wireless matrix. Finally, "My Summer" is very touching, especially to someone who used to work with inner city youth. The entire story felt like you were talking to the narrator face to face, across the prison cell or in a therapy session.

Thanks for the kind words. The human element often gets forgotten in the mad tumble for a darker world. I am not interested in technology. I am interested in how people interact with it. Mobile phones for example has meant that people now see communication as completely different from what it was before. What would AR give that would make the world go through another paradigm shift.

-Chrysalis
Kerenshara
Warlordtheft:

R O F L M A O

"Who knew? Dragons can't fly and crap at the same time!"

Oh, that hurts. Oh, how it hurts! I was having the worst day in ... a long time, and you just broke my mood. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 13 2009, 02:43 PM) *
Oh, that hurts. Oh, how it hurts! I was having the worst day in ... a long time, and you just broke my mood. Thank you, thank you, thank you![/font]

Glad to be of service. biggrin.gif

I've actually been meaning to write that up for some time now. It is one of the shared stories between an NPC(der Nacht) and one of the PCs. I thought a less is more approach was the way to go (do I need to explain special brownies and that der nact got into a magicians argument with the professor about how real mentor spirits are?).

Kerenshara
OK, I don't know how "Nightmare" is going to go over. You're all used to a certain cold-hearted (if occasionally a bit schitzo) assassin. There's more to her there than she lets on, however, and I thought it was only fair to let you see THAT side of her as well. Never fear, Kerenshara will be back the way you're all used to soon enough; I hve another story partly written, but I this one just needed to get out and down for some reason tonight. And now, it's time for bed.
Chrysalis
Posted up a new story. Some stories write themselves this seemed to be one of those. A lot of inspiration from various sources. Angelspit to Hellraiser to Wumpscut.

Looking forward to comments.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Aug 15 2009, 04:23 PM) *
Posted up a new story. Some stories write themselves this seemed to be one of those. A lot of inspiration from various sources. Angelspit to Hellraiser to Wumpscut.

Looking forward to comments.

Kin-ky, kin-ky, kin-ky sister.

It was simultaneously erotic, horrifying, twisted, tender and sensual.

I have some suggested reading that might just ammuse you...

*grin*
Chrysalis
Please do tell smile.gif

Kerenshara
The so-called "Black Jewel Trilogy" which is actually up to I think six books now? The author is Anne Bishop and the first book is called "Heir of Shadows". It's available in a trade paperback format compilation for the first three books. I'll just tell you this much:

It's a love story, sort of.

The three main characters at the start are Saetan sa Diablo (High Lord of Hell), Lucivar Yaslana and Daemon Sadi.

Anyhow, that's the one that immediately came to mind. It's not anywhere as forthright as your vignette, but if you can get past the blockheadedness of a couple of the characters, it's a wonderful story with a compelling back-plot and interesting twists and turns as it develops. And the sensuality is both graphic and twisted. You'll love it.
kanislatrans
@chrysalis nice work. Your story reminds me of the style of Poppy Z. Bright. Disturbing,sensual, erotic...kudos.
Method
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Aug 15 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Angelspit
You didn't mention this before!! Thats really funny because during our discussion I couldn't get the song "Elixir" out of my head. Every time I hear it I think about SR.
Chrysalis
I was thinking more of Nursegrenade by Angelspit. But nearly all of their songs have some kind of surgical fetish attached to them. I kept on hearing "Juicy" all last night.
ravensmuse
Been awhile since I posted anything in this thread, and it's not even the story I said I had floating around in my head at the time! Well, that's still around and will eventually get posted...

If you can't tell, I'm a guy that loves to write shoutouts. There's a few in this short - can you find them?

The idea itself came from the desire to write a Shadowrun romance story - yes, you read that right - which grew out of a combination of reading the webcomics "Marry Me" and "Dead Winter". Yeah, good combination there. It actually mostly grows out of Marry Me, because I finished up reading the main story and was just underwhelmed at what I'd been given. The guy is perfect, she's perfect, everyone's perfect except the crazy best friend, who ends up finding a girl tha we only meet in one panel. Grr. Got under my skin.

I've also been writing a lot of pop stuff for Dumpshock Data Haven, and that leaked in. Oh well.

Personal question - can you guys tell when I write something on the computer versus when I handwrite it and then type it out and make corrections later? The first I always feel rushed and unconfident about the result; the second always feels more comfortable to me. Actually, second personal question - should I continue this?
Kerenshara
With regards to "Cruel Surprises"...

I am playing in a PbP game being run by SincereAgape, and I decided to do something I had never done before: play a truly vicious and evil character. Kerenshara's a really dark grey, but even she's got some genuine heart and love. This character, Dartha, is something entirely new for me.

I got to thinking about how a cruel, powerful Magician who looks down on mundanes, especially those that rely on brute strength for power, would react to an attack by thugs who thought they had the upper hand.

If you think her reaction is sick and twisted, you're right; It is. We're used to thinking in terms of selfishness or a limited militant world view as "Evil", but the truth is, it's not. It's the willingness to be cruel to your fellow sapient being that qualifies to me as Evil, especially when you derive a sick satisfaction from that cruelty. Now, give an Evil individual powers like those of the Awakened in the 6th World. It's turned out to be a fascinating experience, exploring her psyche, and it's given me a new lens through which to examine villains in my own writing and when they show themselves in popular culture and the real world.

If you intend to flame me, please have to courtesy to do so in Private Messages to me and not clog this thread with it. Thanks in advance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012