Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Algonkian-Manitou Council Capitol
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
TBRMInsanity
QUOTE (Malachi @ Jul 10 2009, 05:05 PM) *
No prob. The real reason I know Riel's fate is that every year a group puts on the play The Trial of Louis Riel somewhere in Regina. Plus my high school was right where the old RCMP barracks used to be, so there were rumours around the school that he was actually hung somewhere on the campus. I don't think any of it was true...

I always thought he was hung at that statue downtown.
Snow_Fox
Was that the Red River War?

I'll just point out you guys are talking Canadian history, the very topic of which is used to help people sleep who do not respond to strong drugs.
TBRMInsanity
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Jul 12 2009, 11:51 AM) *
Was that the Red River War?

I'll just point out you guys are talking Canadian history, the very topic of which is used to help people sleep who do not respond to strong drugs.

Your thinking about the Manitoba Rebellion/Red River Rebellion/Reil Revolt. That was the rebellion that created the province of Manitoba and preceded the Saskatchewan Rebellion. The RCMP had time to learn from Manitoba and by the time the Sask Rebellion occurred, they were ready and really kicked the crap out of the Meti and First Nations.

Canadian History, just like any history, is as exciting as the person teaching you. If you have someone that is really passionate about the history and can point out the emotions behind the facts, you can learn a lot and not get bored. I happen to be lucky enough that my father is that type of person.
PBI
Two things: 1) The proper term is the Northwest Rebellion with an aka of Saskatchewan Rebellion, and 2) it was not the NWMP that had the primary role in the Northwest Rebellion, it was the Militia.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012