Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Street Date: Shadowrun Anniversary Edition and Dawn of the Artifacts: Dusk
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
kanislatrans
my copy arrived today, I am happy. Thanks guys.

The pdf doesnt do it justice. gorgeous colors and little treats all through out. like the hot brands, top downloads, and other fluffy stuff. as someone who is trying to write a little its too sweet. will be reading tonite till my eyes explode or I pass out...glad I ordered the LE. Quality work all the way around.

Art is incredible , Fiction is grade A .

ok, Im gonna go read...kudo's to all who worked so hard to put this together...its a perfect piece to mark the 20th anniversary IMHO.

BookWyrm
I'm reposting this here, because I wanted to.

OK, I had a quick look at the SR4a book at Compleat Strategist today (Aug. 22nd), and here are my impressions;

1) Colorful; Not nesessarilly a bad thing, but the color pages....hell, the colors of ALL the pages caught my eyes right off the bat.

2) New Look: The template pages appear to be upgraded in presentation, making them look like as if you're skimming through a digital dossier (The track "The Bait" from Mission Impossible II started playing through my head when I looked at the pages for some reason--yes I know I'm weird. nyahnyah.gif ).

3) Layout. From what I've seen, everything is at the reader's fingertips.

If I get a better look at SR4a, I'll post more. I'm leaning toward picking up this book, but it may be a while before I can.
knasser
QUOTE (kanislatrans @ Aug 23 2009, 01:14 AM) *
my copy arrived today, I am happy. Thanks guys.

The pdf doesnt do it justice. gorgeous colors and little treats all through out. like the hot brands, top downloads, and other fluffy stuff. as someone who is trying to write a little its too sweet. will be reading tonite till my eyes explode or I pass out...glad I ordered the LE. Quality work all the way around.

Art is incredible , Fiction is grade A .

ok, Im gonna go read...kudo's to all who worked so hard to put this together...its a perfect piece to mark the 20th anniversary IMHO.

You have the Limited Edition? What is the difference between that and the normal SR4A?

K.
kanislatrans
QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 23 2009, 03:39 AM) *
You have the Limited Edition? What is the difference between that and the normal SR4A?

K.

I don't have the LE yet, but I ordered the bundle of all three.(bad editing before posting. originaly wrote"glad I ordered the LE so I can get this rush again in a couple of months. " sorry for the confusion.
grinbig.gif

The layout is very user friendly. everything is in order that you need it as far as I can tell, and the little charts are on the pages where the rest of the info is found..

for the most part easy on the eyes, with the exception of the fiction piece"Extraction"which the wife says she can read ok, but with my old eyes the pink background and shadowing effect had me looking for my magnifiying glass.

will add more as I read the rest .

Walk in Beauty.
kanis

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012