Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Street Date: Shadowrun Anniversary Edition and Dawn of the Artifacts: Dusk
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Adam
Shadowrun, Fourth Edition 20th Anniversary Core Rulebook and Dusk: Dawn of the Artifacts both have street dates of August 11th -- that's the day that game stores can have them on the shelves if they pre-order! If you want to pick up a copy on that day, give your local game store a call this week and let them know!

Shadowrun, Fourth Edition - 20th Anniversary Core Rulebook
SKU: CAT2600A
Price: $44.99
Format: 376 page full color Hardcover -w- Silk Bookmark

Dusk: Dawn of the Artifacts
SKU: CAT26400
Price: $14.99
Format: 56 page B/W Softcover
apple
Hurray!

Just one question for the SR4A: will this printed version incorporate all the changes of the SR4A-PDF, especially regarding the new karma rules (almost double karma compared to SR4) and the changed object resistance treshholes?

SYL
Backgammon
Will SR4A incorporate the changes that make it SR4A? ...Yes?
Adam
QUOTE (apple @ Jul 28 2009, 09:25 PM) *
Just one question for the SR4A: will this printed version incorporate all the changes of the SR4A-PDF, especially regarding the new karma rules (almost double karma compared to SR4) and the changed object resistance treshholes?

The print version is based on the second PDF, yes.
Freejack
I checked my Battlecorps account to check what I ordered (the Limited Edition book) and see that it's slated to ship to my old address. How can I make sure the book goes to my new address. My address book is up to date.

BTW, I was trying to find a contact address and the site is now all horked up, not sure why.

Carl
Warlordtheft
Will the limited edition book be availible at my FLGS as well?
hobgoblin
and now to wait for running wild so i can grab both at the same time in dead wood form...
Bull
QUOTE (Freejack @ Jul 28 2009, 10:08 PM) *
I checked my Battlecorps account to check what I ordered (the Limited Edition book) and see that it's slated to ship to my old address. How can I make sure the book goes to my new address. My address book is up to date.

BTW, I was trying to find a contact address and the site is now all horked up, not sure why.

Carl

quartermaster@battlecorps.com

I had a similar issue and had to have them change my shipping address a couple weeks ago. Just drop them an email via that address explaining things, and it should be taken care of ASAP.
Freejack
Thanks. Message away.

Carl
Freejack
Thanks. Message away.

Carl
Adam
The limited edition book is distinct -- announcement pending.
SincereAgape
This is a question regarding the LE version if the book was pre-ordered through Battlecorps.

When can fans expect those books to be shipped?

Thanks.
Cardul
*crosses fingers and hopes that there is a divine blessing, and both ship from BC and get delivered at least to here by the 10th* I would love to be able to get my LE signed! And I have heard BC shipped things sometimes arrive a little earlier then street date..

Though, you know, I wonder why this has not been stickied?

(Of course...this also makes me wonder even more what the surprises at GenCon are going to be..I am so looking forward to them!)
Adam
QUOTE (Cardul @ Jul 29 2009, 10:46 AM) *
Though, you know, I wonder why this has not been stickied?

Because I personally think that having more than 1 stickied thread is _ridiculous_, so I didn't sticky it.
Bull
Also, I didn't really think to do so. smile.gif

However, despite the fact I don't mind sticky posts, I don't like having a lot of them cluttering things up. So I pulled down the others for now.
Adam
Win.
Kronk2
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Jul 28 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Will the limited edition book be availible at my FLGS as well?

Please say it will
knasser
Adam,

Catalyst should really consider releasing some information about the Limited Edition sooner, rather than later. I just placed a pre-order for two copies of the Anniversary Edition with a gaming store. I don't know anything about the Limited Edition so there's no reason for me to place an order for it unless I'm filled with optimism that its made out of gold or something. And once I've bought my copies of Anniversary Edition, I'm very unlikely to allocate yet more money for another book. People are currently making purchase decisions and you've not given anyone any reason to decide to get the Limited Edition yet.

K.
Cardul
QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 5 2009, 01:55 AM) *
Adam,

Catalyst should really consider releasing some information about the Limited Edition sooner, rather than later. I just placed a pre-order for two copies of the Anniversary Edition with a gaming store. I don't know anything about the Limited Edition so there's no reason for me to place an order for it unless I'm filled with optimism that its made out of gold or something. And once I've bought my copies of Anniversary Edition, I'm very unlikely to allocate yet more money for another book. People are currently making purchase decisions and you've not given anyone any reason to decide to get the Limited Edition yet.

K.

I agree here, but...remember, they do not even know the name of the novel coming out this year. I am looking forward to
my pre-ordered Limited edition...But, I am expecting that I am only going to have a signed limited edition Total Warfare,
not a signed Limited Edition SR4A frown.gif It was actually the original statement that they would have them out by GenCon so we could get them signed by the development team that had me pre-order the limited Edition version frown.gif
malichai
QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 5 2009, 06:55 AM) *
Adam,

K.

He has a point. What is the LE and why should I order it? I'm a consumer whore, but you have to give me some reason to spend a few extra bucks for the LE. Like Knasser though, it's an either/or thing with me too.
hobgoblin
limited edition, special cover and so on...
malichai
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Aug 6 2009, 04:31 AM) *
limited edition, special cover and so on...

What's going to be on the cover? I'm not trying to be obtuse here, but I can't find any details on the LE. I've only seen a couple places to order it. Battlecorps or FRP games (who report it'll be released in October). When is the actual release? Will ordering it directly from Battlecorps get it to us quicker than another vendor?
hobgoblin
its a surprise, probably revealed at gencon.

still, the older limited edition have been all black (or all blue in the case of SR1 i think)...
Larsine
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Aug 7 2009, 09:26 AM) *
still, the older limited edition have been all black (or all blue in the case of SR1 i think)...

Strictly speaking SR1 and SR2 didn't have a limited edition. They has the first printings being in hardcover, but otherwise they were exactly the same as the later softcover versions (except for the production numbers). They were also printed in a bigger quantity than the later (SR3 and SR4) limited editions have been.

Lars
hobgoblin
heh, what can i say, i joined this community in late SR2...
Bull
A fair number of games did a special, limited edition print run as SR3 and SR4 did, especially in the late 90's. In Nomine had two LE's they did, a white leatherette cover with the Angel symbol, and a Black one with the Demon. Deadlands had one that had a leather cover that resembled old cowhide.

<shrug>

Generally speaking, the LE's aren't anything different. SR4 featured an extra short story at the beginning, but that was the only difference. In the end, the LE is a collectible. It's a limited print run, usually between 500 and 2000 pieces (SR has traditionally done 1000 copies), numbered, with a black leatherette cover and an embossed logo.

If you just want a book to play with, buy the regular edition. The LE should be bought as a second copy, to put up on your shelf. Take it to the cons and get the writers and artists to sign it. THe SR3 one was called a BABY (Black and Blue Yearbook) for a reason smile.gif

Bull
Thanee
Already pre-ordered the LE a good while ago. Hope it will be available soon, now that the regular hardcover gets to the stores. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Kerrang
Has anyone who ordered the 4a and LE books from Battlecorps received the 4a book yet? Street date was yesterday, and I was expecting to get my order a day or 2 before then, but still nothing. Will Battlecorps be sending out emails letting us know when the orders partially ship?
Prime Mover
Although I was told they'd be shipping shortly before street date a few days ago, Battlecorps now has a message up saying they won't be shipping till 18th or later. WTF Why pre-order if your not going to receive it till half a month after you could have gotten it from another supplier? I think I'm all done using Battleshop.

(Thank goodness another game scheduled to release a few days later showed up early, gives me something to read this week while I pine away about not having my SR goodness.)
Malachi
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Aug 12 2009, 10:17 AM) *
Although I was told they'd be shipping shortly before street date a few days ago, Battlecorps now has a message up saying they won't be shipping till 18th or later. WTF Why pre-order if your not going to receive it till half a month after you could have gotten it from another supplier? I think I'm all done using Battleshop.

Seems to be unfortunate timing with GenCon.
malichai
Not that they necessarily have an inside track on anything, but FRPgames is saying via customer service and their website that they won't have the Limited Edition books until October.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Malachi @ Aug 12 2009, 11:33 AM) *
Seems to be unfortunate timing with GenCon.

Plenty fortunate for those attending GenCon, they are selling the books at the convention.
I have the PDF so I can wait.

Normally, I would put something snarky here. I just can't find any snark to give.

BlueMax
Bull
Yeah, they handle all the shipping "in house", and I think every member of the CGL staff that could be in the office is here. So they'll start shipping as soon as they all get back to the office. Sucks, but...

And I'm working on finding out more info on the LE. I got tied up helping set up the HUGE FREAKING BOOTH that CGL has this year (They have Wizkids old GC spot now, and it's big smile.gif). I have lots of pictures of us putting up the booth, and I'll get more pics of the finished booth and everything tehy have going on, and I'll post them when I get home smile.gif
Navarre
I have to say, I find this a poor example of customer service from an otherwise impressive game company.

Please, nobody read this in a tone that is anything but calm and sincere. It's not my nature to spit bile on forums, but I know that, lacking tone, posts can sometimes appear uglier than intended.

Ok. End disclaimer...

It would seem that, having been charged for my copy months ago through the direct, pre-order system, I should be entitled to receive my copy of the book at least within a week of the date that I could have purchased it through a local gaming store.

Also, the "we're all at GenCon" excuse is somewhat cold comfort to those of us who could not afford to go to GenCon. It kindof adds insult to... well... insult to tell us that the books we paid for months ago are being delayed, and if we wanted them earlier we should have come to GenCon instead of pre ordering. Stings a bit, is all I'm saying.

Do we know for sure that nothing shipped before the CGL staff left for the Con? I'm still harboring some small hope that my book will be waiting for me when I get home today (or tomorrow). And If that is the case, I will gladly come back here with my digital foot in my mouth, and apologize for the hasty criticism.

Again, please don't look for malise in this message. I've been lovin' me some SR since 2nd Ed. and I'm not haboring any real ill will toward CGL. I'm just expressing a bit of frustration.

Venting over.
Grinder
I received an e-mail that my LE had been shipped yesterday! Yay! (By my german webstore, not CGL)
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Navarre @ Aug 13 2009, 07:40 AM) *
I have to say, I find this a poor example of customer service from an otherwise impressive game company.

Please, nobody read this in a tone that is anything but calm and sincere. It's not my nature to spit bile on forums, but I know that, lacking tone, posts can sometimes appear uglier than intended.

Ok. End disclaimer...

It would seem that, having been charged for my copy months ago through the direct, pre-order system, I should be entitled to receive my copy of the book at least within a week of the date that I could have purchased it through a local gaming store.

Also, the "we're all at GenCon" excuse is somewhat cold comfort to those of us who could not afford to go to GenCon. It kindof adds insult to... well... insult to tell us that the books we paid for months ago are being delayed, and if we wanted them earlier we should have come to GenCon instead of pre ordering. Stings a bit, is all I'm saying.

Do we know for sure that nothing shipped before the CGL staff left for the Con? I'm still harboring some small hope that my book will be waiting for me when I get home today (or tomorrow). And If that is the case, I will gladly come back here with my digital foot in my mouth, and apologize for the hasty criticism.

Again, please don't look for malise in this message. I've been lovin' me some SR since 2nd Ed. and I'm not haboring any real ill will toward CGL. I'm just expressing a bit of frustration.

Venting over.

You know, I've been, and continue to be, really impressed with CGL overall. I have to say, however, that this is not what I was expecting. Let me give you an example of what I expect from a first rate game company, the way I have come to regard CGL:

Battlefront Miniatures produces their game Flames of War, a 20mm WWII game. I pre-ordered a new book through their web site. They make a point of getting things that are pre-ordered to their FLGS in plenty of time (from New Zelalnd, incidentally) to give the FLGS a chance to make ready for the street date. I know a FLGS that is VERY strict about not letting the product pass the threshold of the back room door until street, but they have let select customers that pre-ordered have a peek at their merchandise behind the line, as it were. Now, as a pre-ordering customer, I was given just as much courtesy as a storefront, and my book actuall arrived (each of the three times I pre-ordered) about a day before street, but in their opinion, that was just a plus for me to compensate for pre-ordering nd pre-paying. That company is very in touch with their player base, like CGL. They have drawn new standards for their competitors, likg CGL. And they keep trying to improve their product, like CGL. So I consider the two very similar in my own mind.

I hope that, this time, this is just an example of failure of P6 (Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance), and that Adam and the rest of the crew will take the lesson to heart for future releases. I mean, how many sooper dooper 20th Aniversary product releases does a game company get to do, anyway? I personlly don't plan on holding this against the folks at CGL, but I will say I'm a bit dissapointed. I really don't want to think for a second that somebody who paid admission to a convention - any convention - would be considered more priveleged or important than me, a person who handed over cash months ago. Better luck next time, folks.
oboreruhito
The distributor shafted our bookstores here in Lafayette, LA. And Books 2 said they were supposed to be in this week, but the distributor won't even answer the phone.

That means my Battlecorps preorder of 4A will get here before the gaming store receives it. Considering the tone of this thread, I should feel lucky?
SincereAgape
This is really disheartening if the news is true.

I was planning to give this to a friend who was leaving for college at the end of the month as a gift for being one of the most passionate Shadowrun gamers at my table. He was introduced to the world last November, and since then has been nothing but a huge advocate for the world.

The book was pre-ordered months ago via Battlecorps, with an additional 16.00 charged for shipping.

This is the last time I will be using Battlecorps as well. Might as well get a refund from Battlecorps if it is possible, that way I can save the money and time.

Ayeohx
Wow. You guys really need to back off CGL. I'm sure that they are doing everything they can to get these books shipped. And really, try to be a bit more supportive. Being jackasses and pointing out their failures isn't going to help them. You're not going to teach them a life lesson. You're just being a jerk to people that I'm sure are working their asses off trying to deliver a quality product to you.

Edit: As for the issue with Battlecorps, I just don't know enough about what's going on. I am pretty sure that we'll get our books though. Just chill.
SincereAgape
Ayeohx: This is a legitimate consumer complaint. People pay money ahead of time for a product they can at least hope to receive early or at least at the same time as everyone else.

The fact that fans who attend gen-con or customers can pick up the book before a paying consumer, not only that, purchase the book at a cheaper price, is a little upsetting.

It's like your waiting in line to pick up food or for a rollar coaster. When all of a sudden a large group approach and cut the line in front of you. I guarantee you'll be pissed off.

I wouldn't be this upset if I wasn't planning to give this book to a friend before he went to college. But I can sympathize with everyone who has posted in this thread thus far.
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Aug 13 2009, 09:03 PM) *
This is really disheartening if the news is true.

I was planning to give this to a friend who was leaving for college at the end of the month as a gift for being one of the most passionate Shadowrun gamers at my table. He was introduced to the world last November, and since then has been nothing but a huge advocate for the world.

The book was pre-ordered months ago via Battlecorps, with an additional 16.00 charged for shipping.

This is the last time I will be using Battlecorps as well. Might as well get a refund from Battlecorps if it is possible, that way I can save the money and time.

I picked my copy up at game parlor today (not the LE). They did have another copy as well.
BlueMax
Ultimate irony will occur if my friends who pre-ordered through Amazon to save 40% receive their copies first.
Though , only those of you who have been buying from Catalyst a while will catch it.

Note that I said irony and not anger. It is always wise until a transaction is completed before judging the service rendered. Good companies always cover their own errors , and often those of the customer.

BlueMax
/only thought of this because his friends decided to bring it up over IM.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Ayeohx @ Aug 13 2009, 09:08 PM) *
Wow. You guys really need to back off CGL. I'm sure that they are doing everything they can to get these books shipped. And really, try to be a bit more supportive. Being jackasses and pointing out their failures isn't going to help them. You're not going to teach them a life lesson. You're just being a jerk to people that I'm sure are working their asses off trying to deliver a quality product to you.

Edit: As for the issue with Battlecorps, I just don't know enough about what's going on. I am pretty sure that we'll get our books though. Just chill.

Please note, I expressed dissapointment at a failure to meet my expectations while expressing my continued support for the company generally. But I meant it about wanting to see them take a lesson from this. Every young company misses a step from time to time. The trick is to learn and not repeat it again. These guys seem pretty smart, so I expect they will take away the apropriate lessons.
Navarre
QUOTE (Ayeohx @ Aug 13 2009, 08:08 PM) *

I would note that, up to the point of your post, this thread remained relatively civil, and profanity-free. I, and others, specifically noted that CGL is an excellent company and that we are simply disappointed with this one apparent failure to serve their customer base. We feel that this is a legitimate complaint, based on the fact that we have paid for a service that we do not feel has been properly rendered. I didn't get any sense of overt hostility prior to your post.

Please reconsider your assessment of this thread. As I said, it is sometimes dificult to perceive tone in text-based communication. I don't think anybody is attacking CGL. I don't think anyone was being a jerk.
Malachi
As I said, I think its a case of unfortunate timing. I think CGL worked as hard as they could to get SR4A out as quickly as they could, and it just turned out that the book only got back just before GenCon. Poor planning? Maybe, I think they tried their best. I think its very telling that CGL is still so small that the entire company basically shuts down while GenCon is on. Perhaps the real tragedy is that they aren't big enough to keep this rolling while the conference is on.

I'm sure there was no intention to provide any preferential treatment to con attendees over people that pre-ordered. I'm still waiting on my own pre-order, but I really don't think its any reason to vilify CGL.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Malachi @ Aug 14 2009, 02:50 PM) *
As I said, I think its a case of unfortunate timing. I think CGL worked as hard as they could to get SR4A out as quickly as they could, and it just turned out that the book only got back just before GenCon. Poor planning? Maybe, I think they tried their best. I think its very telling that CGL is still so small that the entire company basically shuts down while GenCon is on. Perhaps the real tragedy is that they aren't big enough to keep this rolling while the conference is on.

I'm sure there was no intention to provide any preferential treatment to con attendees over people that pre-ordered. I'm still waiting on my own pre-order, but I really don't think its any reason to vilify CGL.

Villify? No, not by a long chalk. Let's see how soon I can get my hands on that copy of Seattle 2072, though... did I actualy see it mentioned there were coppies available at the con?! Where can I pre-order that? Or did I miss a memo?
Adam
Hiya,

Just dashing in quickly before my breakfast to answer a few queries and them I'm out for the rest of the day and probably well into Sunday.

QUOTE (Navarre @ Aug 13 2009, 07:40 AM) *

No, nothing was shipped out of our office before GenCon because the books arrived [at least] 3 days late, the Monday before GenCon. Some of the Seattle crew had already spent a bunch of time prepping for the large number of orders we have [not just Shadowrun titles but some long-anticipated BattleTech titles] but by the time the mass of books arrived and were processed in, it was too late to start processing them out in any reasonable way.

It wasn't what we intended and it doesn't match how we've handled pre-orders in the past, but it is what it is. We're all sorry about it, but at the same time -- we have always said that if you want the title right on the street date, pre-ordering at your FLGS should be the way to go. We never -- to the best of my knowledge ... -- promise that pre-ordered titles directly from us will arrive on a specific date.

Villify? No, not by a long chalk. Let's see how soon I can get my hands on that copy of Seattle 2072, though... did I actualy see it mentioned there were coppies available at the con?! Where can I pre-order that? Or did I miss a memo?

Pre-orders for Seattle 2072 will be "soon," but I suspect the shop guys will want to clear out the shipping backlog before a bunch of new orders spring up. We have some advance copies at the convention, flown in from the printer, but the street date has not been set.

Adam
QUOTE (Malachi @ Aug 14 2009, 02:50 PM) *
I think its very telling that CGL is still so small that the entire company basically shuts down while GenCon is on.

This describes almost all hobby gaming companies!
knasser
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 15 2009, 12:42 PM) *
Pre-orders for Seattle 2072 will be "soon," but I suspect the shop guys will want to clear out the shipping backlog before a bunch of new orders spring up. We have some advance copies at the convention, flown in from the printer, but the street date has not been set.

Can we expect the PDFs shortly? It's been fairly common practice with a lot (most?) of the previous products to release the PDF at least at the same time as the hardcopy appears and quite often before. I'd really like to buy this asap as I am running a Seattle campaign at the moment and I hate having to either retcon my own setting or keep track of what's different.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 15 2009, 06:42 AM) *

Well, thanks for taking time to address the concerns we have. I look foward to Seatle 2072 eagerly, and continue to use my PDF copt of SR4A until it arrives. If it was all about the printers, I guess that's better than "oops". Any idea how long that backlog is going to take to clear (and is there any thought about either upgraded shipping or something else like that for the pre-orders)?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012