Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirits + Materialization
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Aaron
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 7 2009, 12:11 PM) *
Can I just add that I'd like to cheerfully murder whoever started calling it "RAW"? smile.gif

You're an admin. Take the stupid out of the search engine and look for "RAW" on all forums.
Bull
QUOTE (Aaron @ Aug 7 2009, 01:24 PM) *
You're an admin. Take the stupid out of the search engine and look for "RAW" on all forums.

Hehe. Personally, I just think it's a dumbass acronym, and half the time whoever is using it is just being a tool, either giving someone else shit because they aren't playing "by the rules", or being snarky because the rules are wonky.

<shrug>

I dunno. 25 years of gaming, 13 years of active online gaming discussion, and I've never needed an acronym like that.

Bull
Adarael
QUOTE (McAllister @ Aug 5 2009, 08:49 PM) *
As if I needed any more proof that RAW is a surly, unbridled horse, but Neraph rides it wherever he likes.

Congratulations, you have unseated Wes Street as my sigline!
McAllister
*bows deeply*

I don't know Wes Street, but I appreciated that quote of his, and receive this honor with all possible gravity.
Draco18s
I don't read sigs much; what was the old one?
Adarael
"They punched people in the face for money, and the only woman they ever loved betrayed them. That's a good story."
He was talking about why Cowboy Bebop is awesome, and as Bebop is one of my favorite things ever... I thought I'd sig it.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Adarael @ Aug 7 2009, 10:33 PM) *
"They punched people in the face for money, and the only woman they ever loved betrayed them. That's a good story."
He was talking about why Cowboy Bebop is awesome, and as Bebop is one of my favorite things ever... I thought I'd sig it.

Ah yes, I remember that one.
Neraph
QUOTE (Adarael @ Aug 7 2009, 01:43 PM) *
Congratulations, you have unseated Wes Street as my sigline!

My fanbase is growing. I'm touched, really /tear.

To Bull, since you don't like the acronym RAW (Rules As Written), I propose this one: RATIOTB (Rules As They Appear In The Book). On second thought, RAW is easier to remember, easier to say, and not so hard to pronounce.
McAllister
I suspect his qualm isn't with the acronym itself, but the situation that requires the acronym; specifically, his point might be that the acronym only comes up when people are wasting time, effort and cyber-breath debating minutiae of the rules in a manner that only rarely contributes to anyone's fun.
Neraph
The rules of any game are like unto a box. However, while most people think of the box as a perfect cube or rectangular prism, it is the duty of those such as myself to fully explore the realm of the rules, and in doing so we find that this wondrous landscape is no perfect cube nor a rectangular prism, but a glorious polyhedron, with interesting and oft-times humorous oddities of the landscape hidden inside its many, many crevices.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012