Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gen Con News
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Method
Man, I would have never pictured Rob Boyle as looking like he does.
Grinder
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 19 2009, 01:47 AM) *
This years' new shirt is the Ares "Business is Booming" shirt. We have the two dice designs, the pale blue "Matrix" dice and the red-and-blue "Ares" dice. And of course, the DocWagon patches are new.

I meant besides those (yeah, we all are greedy little suckers who always want more, more, more! biggrin.gif).
Adam
Yes, you are. Release too much and we're jerks for flooding the market, release too little and Shadowrun is dying ... wink.gif
Grinder
Customers - you gotta love 'em! grinbig.gif
ravensmuse
Thanks guys. We kept walking by the booth and catching random snips from the video and wondering what was going on in them. Just didn't have the time.
Prime Mover
We have an idea what the next 3-4 releases are supposed to be. Any mention at the con whats in store for next year?
BookWyrm
Did anyone get over the the Battletech Firestorm pods? I know a few of the people who were running them.
Malachi
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 18 2009, 06:50 PM) *
Man, I would have never pictured Rob Boyle as looking like he does.

Yeah, I know... and Jennifer... and Adam with his giant mohawk. Is that an everyday wear Adam?
ravensmuse
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Aug 19 2009, 01:51 PM) *
Did anyone get over the the Battletech Firestorm pods? I know a few of the people who were running them.

Didn't get to play 'em, but we did stand around watching the playouts for a few minutes and got a neat picture of the Hatchetman that they had sitting on one of the tables.
Adam
Naw. Let's say 4/7 days a week. It's usually good for 4 days with about 20 minutes work + a few minutes touchup after sleeping.
Navarre
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 19 2009, 01:06 AM) *
Yes, you are. Release too much and we're jerks for flooding the market, release too little and Shadowrun is dying ... wink.gif

Exactly!

All you have to do is release exactly the amount that every individual fan thinks is the right amount of product.

Is that too much to ask?!

nyahnyah.gif

Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Malachi @ Aug 19 2009, 02:26 PM) *
Yeah, I know... and Jennifer... and Adam with his giant mohawk. Is that an everyday wear Adam?

What? Compared to Adam and Rob, I'm as normal as normal gets. smile.gif Although admittedly, I'm still waiting to hear the results of the "who looks best in a skirt" question.
Method
My money is on Adam... eek.gif

j/k.
Malachi
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Aug 19 2009, 02:53 PM) *
What? Compared to Adam and Rob, I'm as normal as normal gets. smile.gif Although admittedly, I'm still waiting to hear the results of the "who looks best in a skirt" question.

Oh nothing bad. Just that you don't look like what I thought you would look like, which of course means nothing...
Adam
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 19 2009, 04:55 PM) *
My money is on Adam... eek.gif

Smart money.
Method
I should clarify that I have no idea what Jennifer looks like, so this is in no way meant to be an insult to her. embarrassed.gif
BlueMax
I should state that I am married and thus cannot participate in this speculation.

BlueMax
/or at least I cannot participate openly....
knasser
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 19 2009, 01:02 AM) *
I would love to put a Doc Wagon patch on my white coat. I bet that would draw some questions at the hospital...

I have no idea how I would react if I saw a doctor or nurse coming toward me in the hospital with a DocWagon patch on it. I think I'd laugh till any stitches they'd put in came loose again. Before nervously confirming that they didn't have any Tamanous connections.

Regardless, I think doctors should add patches to their white coats. I've never seen it done, but a few old fashioned sewn on bits of decoration would be great, imo.

Off-topic, but on a medical theme, we had to look up the rules on hospitalisation last session and we couldn't work out what the time period was supposed to be on the cost. Was it per month? Per week? Found the answer the other day in SR4A that it was a daily fee. For a moment, I couldn't work out how on Earth that was supposed to be sustainable or realistic, and then I realised the book was written by people in the USA and that the idea was that if you didn't have health insurance (e.g. DocWagon), then you were, not to put too fine a point on it, stuffed.

K.
BlueMax
QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 19 2009, 01:24 PM) *
Off-topic, but on a medical theme, we had to look up the rules on hospitalisation last session and we couldn't work out what the time period was supposed to be on the cost. Was it per month? Per week? Found the answer the other day in SR4A that it was a daily fee. For a moment, I couldn't work out how on Earth that was supposed to be sustainable or realistic, and then I realised the book was written by people in the USA and that the idea was that if you didn't have health insurance (e.g. DocWagon), then you were, not to put too fine a point on it, stuffed.

K.

So you are saying I live in a Dark Future where I must work to keep my corporate subsidized medical care? Because if you are, I am *not* disagreeing.

BlueMax
/knows all too well
Method
Yep, we're just ahead of our time...
Chrysalis
Could I see pictures of the Catalyst Staff from GenCon? I still don't know who Tiger Eyes is (gasp!), or anyone else for that matter.

Is that possible?

I tried to look at the videos on youtube and it takes me about 30 minutes to load a 5 minute video.
Adam
Let's see here... from Bull's pics:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...6_7628399_n.jpg -- product shots
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...8_2917958_n.jpg -- DocWagon badges
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...12_416398_n.jpg -- Ares Dice
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...4_4776148_n.jpg -- Did Jennifer Harding [Tiger Eyes] fall asleep on her feet? (can't find a better picture of her on short notice...)
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...0_5760040_n.jpg -- Brian Cross and the back of Rob Boyle, Eclipse Phase writer and developer.
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...0_7405355_n.jpg -- Catalyst owner and troublemaker Loren Coleman with Bull.
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...8_6753836_n.jpg -- myself and Eidolon/Grungdan from Dumpshock and Fear the Boot.
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...5_7267036_n.jpg -- Bull's stalker paparazzi shot of me
Chrysalis
Jennifer definetely looks different. I thought I would be seeing a picture of my mother for some reason.
Malachi
People spotting:

Jennifer Harding

the back of Steven Kenson's head

Rob Boyle
BlueMax
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Aug 19 2009, 04:04 PM) *
Jennifer definetely looks different. I thought I would be seeing a picture of my mother for some reason.

Because she is so motherly.

I half expected to see a picture of my wife. Close except, Tiger Eyes is not a redhead.

BlueMax
/who is not Fatherly
//more of a child himself
Adam
In the picture of Steve Kenson, you also have the no-need-for-introduction Ken Hite on the left, and in the middle, the foulest-mouthed-m'fer-in-gaming, Robert Schwalb.
Chrysalis
Kenneth Hite came to RopeCon ages ago. I recognized him from there. Added him to facebook too. Woot. Got to catch them all.

Bull
Reposting these links here, despite the fact they're in two other threads already wink.gif

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1461...mp;l=3d6d6454e5
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1462...mp;l=cb0f25c170
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1462...mp;l=aafc736e13

THese are the public galleries. If you have a Facebook account, you can see all the fun tags and stuff attached that identify everyone in the pic (THat I can identify. I think I've gotten most of the 450+ pics tagged at this point). Also if you have a Facebook account and want to friend me, feel free, just please lemme know who you are.

If you do not have a FB account, you won't see the tags. Sorry. Though FB takes all of like 2 minutes to sign up for. <shrug>

Bull
BlueMax
Mafia wars... more mafia via Dumpshock... Must resist.

BlueMax
Bull
I strongly suggest you put MafiaWars on your "Ignore this App" list.

I wish I had done that smile.gif
Method
If I'm not mistaking, Running Wild looks like its soft cover in those pics?
knasser
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Aug 19 2009, 10:22 PM) *
I should state that I am married and thus cannot participate in this speculation.

BlueMax
/or at least I cannot participate openly....

Marriage doesn't stop you liking other people. It's just supposed to give you something more important.

So I don't think you can be condemned for expressing your admiration of Adam in a skirt. wink.gif

K.
Chrysalis
Ahh, but it is about location and what has bee done about it. I mean if you have a a lod of pictures with Adam photoshoppedinto skirts then it may go beyond healthy admiration into the creepy stage.
BookWyrm
Thanks for all the pictures from GenCon. Especially the product shots. But $10 for a DocWagon patch?

I met Stephen Kenson a few years ago when he was a Guest at ICON, doing his bit for Green Ronin games. We knew each other via mail and e-mail from a while back when we participated in a APAzine called "Scrawls from the Sprawls." Nice guy. biggrin.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 19 2009, 11:10 PM) *
If I'm not mistaking, Running Wild looks like its soft cover in those pics?

Yes, it is.
otakusensei
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 20 2009, 11:52 AM) *
Yes, it is.

That sound? It was my heart breaking.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 20 2009, 08:52 AM) *
Yes, it is.

Adam,
Does this imply that Running Wild is not considered a Core Rulebook?

BlueMax
/heartbroken at the softcover but will get over it.
Adam
That's correct. We made the decision that it's not considered a core rulebook ... partially because there's just such a wide variety of material in there, and partially because it wasn't released in time to be indexed in the SR4A master index. wink.gif

[Also partially because we have a bunch of SR hardcovers this year, and color ones at that -- and we wanted to lighten the load on gamer's wallets.]
BlueMax
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 20 2009, 08:24 AM) *
That's correct. We made the decision that it's not considered a core rulebook ... partially because there's just such a wide variety of material in there, and partially because it wasn't released in time to be indexed in the SR4A master index. wink.gif

[Also partially because we have a bunch of SR hardcovers this year, and color ones at that -- and we wanted to lighten the load on gamer's wallets.]

Thanks for the fast answer Adam!

All of the reasons you give sound logical, the index is HUGE, and I am delighted to hear it wasn't because somebody thought SR didn't need critters.

BlueMax
Kerrang
Thanks Adam! My wallet thanks you as well smile.gif
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Aug 19 2009, 06:07 PM) *
Because she is so motherly.

I half expected to see a picture of my wife. Close except, Tiger Eyes is not a redhead.

BlueMax
/who is not Fatherly
//more of a child himself

I am motherly. I brought homemade chocolate chip cookies to gencon. How much more motherly can you get? GM = Gaming Mama... (And one of these days, I'll go for redhair, it will just take some courage...)
Bull
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Aug 20 2009, 12:31 PM) *
I am motherly. I brought homemade chocolate chip cookies to gencon. How much more motherly can you get? GM = Gaming Mama... (And one of these days, I'll go for redhair, it will just take some courage...)

Go blue wink.gif Or blazing hot pink!

And Jennifer, sorry, you're far too young and far too petite to be "motherly". But please, keep bringing cookies! I missed out this year (Need tos ave some for the Freelancer meeting next year! wink.gif)

Bull
Cardul
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Aug 19 2009, 03:53 PM) *

Which one were you at the booth? Sorry...but I *REALLY* could not read peoples name tags..especially as some of you did not seem to be wearing name tags...
Adam
The one labelled as "Jennifer Harding" in the pictures above ...
Bull
QUOTE (Cardul @ Aug 20 2009, 03:19 PM) *
Which one were you at the booth? Sorry...but I *REALLY* could not read peoples name tags..especially as some of you did not seem to be wearing name tags...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3813...mp;id=621635972
InfinityzeN
Curses, I can not see any of the pics here at work. But then, I guess it is for the best because after seeing pictures I couldn't go on threat... I meaning teasing Jennifer with spankings. Ah well, I guess I'll have to keep on going without knowing. Even with as tempting as the chance to see Adam in a skirt is.
Chrysalis
I will say Tiger Eyes will look better in a skirt. But then again she is my boss wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012