Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Dumpshock Magazine] So, what do you guys want to see?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Bull
In my experience, 20% is a bit of an overestimate, let alone 40%. Even on this board (10% is probably closer). And this board seems to have a higher % of people that didn't want to convert than anywhere else I've seen.

Bull
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 24 2009, 08:17 PM) *
Maybe the SR3 hold outs should have a single page or a side bar. Even if its just a "how to convert this issue to SR3" it would keep a whole segment of the SR community engaged (and remember DS is not the entire SR community; there are a lot of people out there with older SR books). This feature could be contingent on one of said holdouts volunteering their time to do all the number crunching- no interest in doing the work = no page for you.

With a few minor exceptions withstanding, if you compare SR4 and SR3 stuff the conversions are pretty straightforward.
Method
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Aug 25 2009, 12:05 PM) *
With a few minor exceptions withstanding, if you compare SR4 and SR3 stuff the conversions are pretty straightforward.

Lots of people who play SR3 are capable of doing the conversions. The point is they don't want to, and aren't likely to bother with a resource that entails more work for them in order to be useful.

But I think my point has been made clear. If the holdouts want to argue their case they can take it from here, but otherwise I'm done crapping on Bull's thread. wink.gif
Maelstrome
i dont know about the other sr3 "hold outs" but i would convert anything i liked to sr3. if it really becomes an issue for the others im sure there are a few like me that would be willing to do it.
Jaid
hmmm... just thought i'd mention... i didn't vote for alternate rules, but it really strongly depends on the alternate rules. i doesn't factor as highly as the three i did choose, but it isn't something that i would completely disregard... but i would limit it to stuff that really addresses key points, and that solves the problem well, ideally requiring the least amount of changes to everything. from the old shadowrun supplemental, i remember being really interested in shadowrun d8 (which addressed the TN 7=TN 6 problem) and BeCKS, but i couldn't name much of anything else out of them...

so it really does depend on the alternate rules presented. if you were to hold up a really amazing alternate rule, i might put that specific rule as being in my top 3, but i wouldn't put alternate rules in general in my top 3.
Bull
I won;t promise anything yet, and it may take an issue or two, but we are seriously considering adding a "Conversions" page or some such in the back of the mag for SR3 rules conversion info, at least for gear and such. Just so ya know smile.gif
knasser
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 26 2009, 01:44 AM) *
but otherwise I'm done crapping on Bull's thread. wink.gif

Hey! Can we title Bull's editorial column in the magazine "Bull Crap" ? biggrin.gif grinbig.gif

It would be a humorously ironic title, I'm thinking. Or should it be Bull Drek? smile.gif

(Humour intended, rather than offence),

K.
Bull
QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 26 2009, 02:34 AM) *
Hey! Can we title Bull's editorial column in the magazine "Bull Crap" ? biggrin.gif grinbig.gif

It would be a humorously ironic title, I'm thinking. Or should it be Bull Drek? smile.gif

(Humour intended, rather than offence),

K.

Been done smile.gif

I wrote a column for my college game club newspaper called that. It was also the name of the original Off Topic board here (during the Deep Resonance days). Some of the original regs from there still run a spin off board called that smile.gif
nezumi
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 25 2009, 08:32 PM) *
I won;t promise anything yet, and it may take an issue or two, but we are seriously considering adding a "Conversions" page or some such in the back of the mag for SR3 rules conversion info, at least for gear and such. Just so ya know smile.gif

It would be appreciated smile.gif Even if it's just a standard cheat sheet, 'intelligence = wits + perception/2" sort of thing, so I, as a non-SR4 player, can convert it myself without having to learn a new ruleset.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012