Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signature Phrases
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Kerenshara
Do your characters have a tag line they're known for? Or maybe it's something they're always thinking to themselves? Something that (at least in your mind) helps define them?

We all know Dirty Harry for "Are you feeling lucky, punk? Well, do yuh?"

Awnohld has "I'll be back" as the terminator.

Let's hear them.
the_real_elwood
Boom goes the dynamite!
Kerenshara
QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Aug 19 2009, 11:01 PM) *
Boom goes the dynamite!

Oh, you must be HUGE fun at parties...
Tachi
Don't make me shoot you in your pinkie toe... I will shoot you in your pinkie toe.

and the ever popular,

What? No. I didn't do it, and, even if I did, you can't prove it. So, there.

and of course,

Ha! I told you not to do it. Now you're dead! How do you like them apples, dumbass?
kanislatrans
"Oh! Drek,here we go again!"

"Of course he/she is lying, his/her name's Johnson isn't it?"

"This is the last time I save you guys sorry hoops."

"We must be doing something right, I've still got ammo."

These are a few that my Rigger, Tick-Tock uses quite frequently. grinbig.gif
Kerenshara
QUOTE (kanislatrans @ Aug 19 2009, 11:09 PM) *
"Oh! Drek,here we go again!"

"Of course he/she is lying, his/her name's Johnson isn't it?"

"This is the last time I save you guys sorry hoops."

"We must be doing something right, I've still got ammo."

These are a few that my Rigger, Tick-Tock uses quite frequently. grinbig.gif

Oh, I like the first one especially.

How about: "Ah, man, he's on da' Jazz again!"
Telion
A couple one liners we have used.

"But does he have the ca hones" used to egg on the daredevil

The sam in the back of the vehicle riggers T-Bird when the alarms goes off. "One last time."

"We could do it that way, or we could we do it the right way. <<insert explanation>>"

"Suddenly I don't want to be here anymore"

"You Drekhead..."

One of the most used one liners for a start to an encounter:
"Lets light this candle."
X-Kalibur
Well aside from "Uhhh... oops?"

"Let's kick this pig"

"Strike that, reverse it"

"You know that urban legend about trolls pulling people's arms out of their sockets... my friend here is willing to test it if you don't talk"

"Say hello to my very good friend 9x19 parabellum. You'll be dying to meet him."
Kerenshara
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Aug 19 2009, 11:55 PM) *
"Say hello to my very good friend 9x19 parabellum. You'll be dying to meet him."

You actually try to intimidate people with 9mm P? I don't piss myself for anything less than .40 S&W at the very least. *Grin*
Maelstrome
every pc in every campaign ive ever run has said this atleast once.

"fix it,fix it, fix it, fix it"

"fix it,fix it, fix it, fix it"
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 20 2009, 01:00 AM) *
You actually try to intimidate people with 9mm P? I don't piss myself for anything less than .40 S&W at the very least. *Grin*

It works better when the firearm in question is an SMG. Besides, with little bullets you can put little holes in them and let them bleed out.
Bugfoxmaster
"You don't know who you're dealing with, do you?"
"No."
"Ah. In that case, my name is Art Dankwalther, and I'm a short, nerdy human in disguise."
(My character is a tall, very good-looking elf mage)
Kerenshara
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Aug 20 2009, 12:17 AM) *
It works better when the firearm in question is an SMG. Besides, with little bullets you can put little holes in them and let them bleed out.

Oh, then you want 5.7x28mm, very small holes, and with frangible ammunition, you're not chancing anything else.

*grin*

See: FN 5-7C and the FN P-93 Praetor in Arsenal.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Bugfoxmaster @ Aug 20 2009, 12:23 AM) *
"You don't know who you're dealing with, do you?"
"No."
"Ah. In that case, my name is Art Dankwalther, and I'm a short, nerdy human in disguise."
(My character is a tall, very good-looking elf mage)

Ok, that's not bad.
X-Kalibur
My next character I'm writing up will very likely use an FN P93 Praetor. Expect to see something about it soon as it addresses some fun topics for people to get heated over. (Amnesia and Cyber Psychosis are only the beginning, it all makes sense for what should be a truly disturbing character... I've been watching too many shows lately)
Ezeckial
My favorite one liner from the campaign I'm running so far is from the troll adept in response to the face asking her if she eats italian.

"I eat Italians"
Kerenshara
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Aug 20 2009, 12:28 AM) *
My next character I'm writing up will very likely use an FN P93 Praetor. Expect to see something about it soon as it addresses some fun topics for people to get heated over. (Amnesia and Cyber Psychosis are only the beginning, it all makes sense for what should be a truly disturbing character... I've been watching too many shows lately)

Here's a hint about the alternate firearm rules I'm almost done with (the Praetor was the catalyst for my effort)

Damage: 4P
AP: -2
Range: extend the Medium and Long ranges by 20% each but leave Short and Extreme as-is, it's a very accurate round.
Reliability: +1 (Need 1 extra "1" to be a glitch / critical glitch)

Leave the rest as printed, but if you choose the "Electronic Firing" option from the factory, magazine goes to 55.

How's that?
Cadmus
I don't wana get blown up again,
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 20 2009, 01:34 AM) *
Here's a hint about the alternate firearm rules I'm almost done with (the Praetor was the catalyst for my effort)

Damage: 4P
AP: -2
Range: extend the Medium and Long ranges by 20% each but leave Short and Extreme as-is, it's a very accurate round.
Reliability: +1 (Need 1 extra "1" to be a glitch / critical glitch)

Leave the rest as printed, but if you choose the "Electronic Firing" option from the factory, magazine goes to 55.

How's that?

The reliability is an interesting quirk to add to it. I got inspired by watching Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- (I'm behind on the times, spent a year in school for my LVN) so far I've only got the Attributes, Qualities, and Cyber/Bio fleshed out. I'm honestly not even sure I can do it the way I want, but I intend to work to the best of my abilities within the RAW. Although I do have more than is necessary by far for Neg Quals, they are purely a roleplaying choice I want enforced on me, no additional BPs. After all, a cybernetic person who is detached from humanity and kills is disturbing enough, now imagine it to be a child/adolescent.
LurkerOutThere
"I'm sorry Mr./Mrs. Johnson you have used the "E-word" and as such we need to assess you a 3k jinx fee payable in advance"
Bugfoxmaster
"I'm sorry, did you just say my credit has been DENIED?!" (A very arrogant target of some wetwork)
"No, sir, I spoke very clearly. I said that your credit has been REVOKED!" (Cue the case of Sudden Acute Lead Excretion)
P.S: Look at the acronym.
underaneonhalo
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 20 2009, 12:00 AM) *

I think I'd prefer a Derringer for intimidation purposes. "Meet my little friend the .410 Derringer. Sure he only has two shells in him, but one of them is for you. Now the question we're left with is who's the other one for? It can be for the guy I'm looking for, or maybe it can be for your mother. So, what do you think?"

As far as catch phrases go, I only have one I can think of and it's more of a running joke than anything.
"Here's what happened..." Long explanation that makes a lot of sense "... which proves, without a doubt, that it was a lesbian conspiracy."

In my defense, the first time I suggested a lesbian conspiracy it really did make sense.
BlueMax
"I am ... The White Dove"
First: Imagive it in a Barry white tone.
Second: present it with far more drama than needed.
Third: He also runs a clinic of the same name.

Wombat
"What was the plan again?"
"God dammit Hamburger..."
"Hey, check this out."
Ustio
"You are not paranoid enough for this life style choice"

"So we're going with Plan Fridge?" - why do so many of our plans involve fridges?

"I said Stunball not Manaball"

"That'll barely cover my dry cleaning costs"

"Oh look they had drone security - how quaint"
Stahlseele
"Ah hell with it, gimme a gun"
Wombat
"Hey newbie, you have gun, right?"
"Why you have gun in tea house?"
"I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!"
"I would totally steal a baby for 2500 nuyen."
"::Automatic Fire::"
"Hey, wanna beer?"
"Your hubris is as blatant as the sun in the sky!
"Slot it weed-eater."
Angelone
I'm out of bed and dressed what more do you want?

Geek the mage first?!? But I'm the mage!

You want me to do what?

I have no idea what's going on...

Umm... What?
DuctShuiTengu
"Listen up you slots! I have an assault rifle and a stun baton! Anyone who wants a say in which one they end up on the business end of better drop their weapons!"

"Of course he's trying to fuck us! That's why they call him a Johnson!"

"If they wanted this done quietly, they wouldn't have hired us."

"Heh. It's so cute how they think that'll stop us" (can be said in response to any sort of security)

"You want us to do what? That's horrible; it's vile; it's disgusting! It goes against everything we believe in! ...It'll cost extra."
StealthSigma
It didn't come from SR, but this one-liner is immortalized with some of the people I play with.

"Assassin? Assassin from under the bed?"
remmus
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Aug 20 2009, 01:35 PM) *
It didn't come from SR, but this one-liner is immortalized with some of the people I play with.

"Assassin? Assassin from under the bed?"

could have been worse, what if it was in your bed
StealthSigma
QUOTE (remmus @ Aug 20 2009, 07:43 AM) *

If I recall correctly, the line was uttered while in a prison cell.
knightofargh
QUOTE (remmus @ Aug 20 2009, 06:43 AM) *

Now that reminds me of a scene from when I was in college in a game of the second advanced edition of the "Game That I Can't Name for Fear of Being Sued".

As we burst in on the BBEG who had kidnapped the wife of the fighter, our NE wizard decides to blast the 15 x 10 room with a fireball. A volumetric fireball... Suffice it to say the BBEG and our party mate's spouse were crisped. The wizard's reaction, "What's your problem? The body's still warm for fifteen minutes. That's what you wanted to get her back for, right?"

We were all amused, then disturbed.

On the SR signature phrases:

"Frontal assaults are always fun."

::Automatic fire::
"See. I can be subtle."

I miss that character. Nicknamed the Orkbot 9000.
PBI
I'm GMing now, not playing, but one of the more common lines my PCs utter is "*sigh* Oh, goodie..." smile.gif
Navarre
I mostly GM, but the last character I played for any length of time was an 8 ft tall elf, built like an ork, with loads of muscle replacement, a single clawspur in each arm, flat chrome cybereyes, and a crown of cyberhorns sticking out of his skull. His name was Angel. His partner was a scrawny human mage, and they both dressed like street kids.

When introducing himself, he liked to say something along the lines of

"I'm Angel, this is Gabe, my muscle."

'course, since Gabe could sling a mean combat spell, that wasn't far off.

I also had a character who, in social situations, regardless of context, was always offering people gum. It would go something like:

My teammate - "You're not getting out of this room until you tell us where the datachip is"
Interogatee - "I ain't sayin' nothin'"
My character - "Why do they always want to do it the hard way? Gum?"
Everybody else - *blink blink*
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Wombat @ Aug 20 2009, 02:46 AM) *
"What was the plan again?"
"God dammit Hamburger..."
"Hey, check this out."

Just gotta know... is "Hamburger" somebody's name? I see it's capitalized but...

You know the other verstion of the last, right?

"Hey, Mom! Watch THIS!"

THESE are the kind of thing that I'm more accustomed to hearing at our table, though I have to admit I as looking for "cool" lines as opposed to "sillies" but I'm having nothing but giggles reading over all these so far.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 20 2009, 03:17 AM) *
"Ah hell with it, gimme a gun"

*smiles broadly and fondly*

I was almost dissapointed when I didn't hear from you right after I posted Stahl. I thought maybe you decided I wasn't worth it any more. *melodramatic sniff*

I'm delighted to see you, and as always, you never fail to delight and ammuse. I can just hear that in a frustrated exasperated resigned voice. It's exactly what I was hoping to see... either that or something really pithy.
Navarre
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 20 2009, 08:30 AM) *
You know the other verstion of the last, right?

"Hey, Mom! Watch THIS!"

And the much more dangerous:

"Hey, somebody hold my beer... Watch THIS."
remmus
not SR but another cyberpunk my mercenary guy always keept atleast one grenade with him even when going around civilian, his motto

"a grenade a day keeps the idiots away...or was it at bay?"
Navarre
One of the PC's in my game is fond of the classic:

"There is no problem that can't be solved through the proper application of explosives."
Kerenshara
QUOTE (DuctShuiTengu @ Aug 20 2009, 06:02 AM) *
"If they wanted this done quietly, they wouldn't have hired us."

This reminds me of a game we wrapped up recently (3 years in a level-based 1st to 25th level story arc) where near the end, a wizard had come up to our group, as the most senior band of adventurers in the city (named, in formall filed and sealed registratin paperwork, the "Fools Brigade", no drek) and asked us to retrieve a magically enhanced goose for him. Yeah, like size of a real normal every-day goose. It apartently broke out of confinement and made its way into the general goose population of the city. The conversation from my character's perspective went something like this:

"Doesn't something about this worry you?"

"No? Well how about the fact that they want it back ALIVE but the called US to do it? That doesn't make anybody else here nervous?"

There was more to the tirade, but the GM and his dicewench (wife, she picked the term) were both in tears as my character's finely tuned "detect Donal oops" sense (read: constructive paranoia) was going off full bore. (*sigh* Donal was the group's 1/2 celestial paladin of the sun diety, who was SO paladiny that when he smied, his teeth caught the light and his battle cry should have been "SPOON!")

And to give you an idea of just how silly that whole chase became, the goose was female and her name turned out (she told us when we asked her; I told you she was magically enhanced) to be Lucy, and her big secret was her eggs; Yep, you guessed it: golden. So we were chasing after Lucy Goosy, the goose that lays the golden eggs. Apparently he was in the mood for somethingmore light-hearted after what we'd been up against previouly and the dicewench was only too happy to contribute. *places face in hands*

QUOTE (Navarre @ Aug 20 2009, 08:10 AM) *
My teammate - "You're not getting out of this room until you tell us where the datachip is"
Interogatee - "I ain't sayin' nothin'"
My character - "Why do they always want to do it the hard way? Gum?"
Everybody else - *blink blink*

This is more what I was looking for in the OP, frankly. I'm really enjoying the humor, anyway, but I was looking for things to identify a character more at the beginning. And it's a good schtick. Thanks!
Chrysalis
"Not in the face, not in the face!"

"Slap me around and call me Suzy."
"Alright... Suzy."

Another one:
"Now this is your pinkie. I am going to break your pinkie, which will be followed by your other pinkie." SNAP
"Now, where is the package?" SNAP

"why did you do that?"
"I never tell a lie."
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 20 2009, 03:34 PM) *
*smiles broadly and fondly*

I was almost dissapointed when I didn't hear from you right after I posted Stahl. I thought maybe you decided I wasn't worth it any more. *melodramatic sniff*

I'm delighted to see you, and as always, you never fail to delight and ammuse. I can just hear that in a frustrated exasperated resigned voice. It's exactly what I was hoping to see... either that or something really pithy.

Happy not to disappoint ^^
Also, your threads are usually at least lookint at for me. They are just not worth responding to, when i don't understand what you are talking about again, you silly gun nut ^^
Well, sad as it is, but that one statement basically sums up my complete running career in less than 10 words <.<#
and frustrated exasperated resigned is spot on in about 90% of the time too . .
in the other 10%, it's usually a bit more jubilant in tone and earns much groaning all around ^^
Wiseman
"jam it in your jackhole"

"I bet he just downloaded in his pants"

"what a data whore"

"annnnd.....deleted"

"let's sim some pain"

"frag the fairy" aka GTM

All by our colorful TM
InfinityzeN
Some from my Adult Club Bouncer/Go-ganger Ork in our current street game

Don’t tempt me, I have a kick your ass fetish.
Was that supposed to hurt?
I’m a recovering sadist and you’re going to put me into relapse.
Oh hell no! They scratched the paint again! [Almost every game, his bike gets scratched. He now has Artesian (Painting)]
I’ma do it in black and chrome, with skulls and flames all over it. But I’m a girl! Black and chrome… [When asked to paint another PCs bike]
The AK-97, for when you absolutely positively have to kill every motha in the room.
You see this? [Flash a Custom Look 2 knife] I’ma stick it in yo’ vital organs in alpha’betacal od’a unless ya’ spill
Well plan A failed, time for plan Bullets...
Navarre
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Aug 20 2009, 10:01 AM) *
You see this? [Flash a Custom Look 2 knife] I’ma stick it in yo’ vital organs in alpha’betacal od’a unless ya’ spill

Sounds like he's gonna spill either way. biggrin.gif

"Can you make it to the car?"
"Not in one trip!"

-Said after a character was nearly disemboweled by a sword.
X-Kalibur
Not one of my more proud moments, this was back in SR3, we were in a group with some pretty good backstabbing going on, I was playing a PhysAd who had just hacked up two Renraku black suits in a diner to protect the team mage.

Anyway, we're back in the apartment complex we're holed up in when we notice a glare from a roof across the way. After taking cover and making sure it wasn't a sniper, we sneak over to find a telescope spying on our building with a radio. In an act of... I'm not even sure what kind of hooligans we became, we broke the antenna on the radio, and used the telescope to see what room they were spying on. Not ours, but we went to check on in anyway.

After breaking into the room and searching around, there were no signs of anyone, so, to throw them off (I think I must have been dehydrated or something) I stated very matter-of-factly "I'm taking a shit on the rug". I think we all broke down laughing for about 5 minutes, and I had to follow up with "but seriously, I'm taking a dump on the rug where the telescope can see it".

To this day, I still don't know why. But it seemed appropriate at the time.
Bugfoxmaster
"Is it time for Plan C yet?"
Mickle5125
"Trust me"

"I got this."

"My turn yet?"

"Awww, here goes!" (Thanks to Kel Mitchell for this)
InfinityzeN
Well, I didn't include ones like "Put on ya' butt floss an' hook'a boots ya' skank'e bitch'ez an' move yo' asses!" since I thought they might be a little over the top.

As for the AK97 one, I couldn't resist quoting SLJ when my character pulled out his (highly modded and custom look 2) AK97 and an NPC said "What the hell is that?!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012