Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brackhaven
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Degausser
QUOTE (Ravor @ Sep 16 2009, 10:46 PM) *
Meh, sounds too "preachy" for me, but with that aside...

( 1 ) Actually this run isn't too bad, just make sure to include a counteroffer made by a repersentive of Brackhaven to turn over the footage and replace it with an "edited" copy.

( 2 ) Doesn't really fly for me, although the tape would shake things up and be bad PR, unless something else was going on to have racial tensions at a boiling point this is just plain crazy.

( 3 ) Ok, why in the nine hells would they bother to use a fake ork? There are plenty of SINless orks who would be willing to do the deed, knowingly or not... Also unless this job literally comes on the tail of the "murder" (And hence your paperwork angle would need to be reworked.) Brackhaven doesn't stand to actually gain anything by pretending to be dead. So what if a high risk politician uses body doubles in the middle of race riots where he is the number one target?

Also something to remember is that like him or not, Brackhaven was elected and I don't remember reading anything that even hints that he had to "steal" the election in order to do so. Making him out to be a cheesy mustache twirling cliche is a huge diservious to the setting as a whole.

Yes he is a monster, but he's the dangerous kind.

Good points. I will make sure to have racial tensions very high before starting this whole thing.

2) The Brackhavens are actively trying to 'ham up' the martyr machine to it's full extent. They are using all the media stuff at their disposal to make the racial tensions as bad as possible.

3) The idea behind it is, with the confessions, the Brackhaven name is almost compleatly ruined. That group that they run (Brackhaven's investment AA corp) is going down the crapper fast, and they don't know what to do. So, it's the old diversion tactic. They pretend to kill Brackhaven off (his political carreer is pretty much dead anyway) and martyr him, which rallies support for them and prevents their company from dying. They care nothing about the huge racial tention that they create or the riots, in the end, they are trying to save their own butt, like any other megacorp.
Ravor
The thing is that I don't buy the idea that a mere deathbed confession about a decades old murder that would already be suspected of anyways would be nearly enough to bring down a Mega, if you are deadset on actually ruining Brackhaven himself then have the mother's confessions lead to solid evidence that shows he's really the father who uses some really nasty Blood Magic and trog babies in order to prolong his own life or some such nonsense. And even that isn't going to be enough to bring down an entire corp.
Kumo
Maybe Brackhaven has not to fake his own death? Heavy wound, then about week in coma (with use of drugs) should be enough to make him a living martyr. And if just before attempt he said that he is "oh, so sorry because of his foster parents' deed" and spoke about "peaceful coexistence", or "new chances for orks and trolls, accordant to their skills", or something similar? "Oh, look, ork racist tried to kill our beloved governor just when he tried to help metahumans!"
Or Brackhaven can do the same trick as president "Smiler" from "Transmetropolitan" comic books. He's friend or relative (maybe a political rival in fact) is killed during Brackhaven's speech. And Mr. B. is in mourning, public opinion feels sorry for him and gives him support...
I recommend "Transmetropolitan" comic and "The Interpreter" movie for inspiration smile.gif .
Bugfoxmaster
QUOTE (Ravor @ Sep 16 2009, 08:15 PM) *
The thing is that I don't buy the idea that a mere deathbed confession about a decades old murder that would already be suspected of anyways would be nearly enough to bring down a Mega, if you are deadset on actually ruining Brackhaven himself then have the mother's confessions lead to solid evidence that shows he's really the father who uses some really nasty Blood Magic and trog babies in order to prolong his own life or some such nonsense. And even that isn't going to be enough to bring down an entire corp.

I like this idea... Kenneth Brackhaven never actually existed (well, he did, but died while goblinizing, I guess)! His father killed him, pretended to adopt some other kid, had someone pose as HIM, extended his life through (blood magic USING ork and troll babies?) suspicious means, and is now pretending to be his adopted-replacement-for-his-son. And he KILLED his wife/adopted-mother because she was tired, old, and guilty, and was about to tell...
Hells, that would be cool. And maybe they could tie Horizon into it all, give that corp a dark side...
Ravor
If we realy want to go over the top crazy perhaps the ritual only works with his children, he doesn't really need to sire trogs, but keeps a large harem of ork sex slaves because he doesn't view their lives as having equal worth as his own...

Of course, the kids that are lucky enough to be born human are quitely adopted and groomed for posistions within the corp...
Degausser
Just found this in Ghost Cartels:

Apparently, the sole heiress to the Brackhaven fortune is a girl named Tiffany (probably Kennith's daughter) and she has, I guess, left town her family to become a "drug artist" in a heavy ork community. That's gotta sting . . . There's GOTTA be a run in there somewhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012