Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brackhaven
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Degausser
Okay, so I don't have every shadowrun book ever, so I gotta ask . . . who is this Brackhaven guy?

I mean, I think he was running for mayor (or whatever) of Seattle, and a lot of people hated him, but what is his schtick and why does everyone hate him. Also, in the SR cannon, does something happen to him? I am planning on running a game set in 2071, so right after the technomancer scare and right before the big magic drug thing (the one that lets norms astrally perceive.) What is the political climate at that time?
Stingray
QUOTE (Degausser @ Sep 16 2009, 11:41 AM) *
Okay, so I don't have every shadowrun book ever, so I gotta ask . . . who is this Brackhaven guy?

I mean, I think he was running for mayor (or whatever) of Seattle, and a lot of people hated him, but what is his schtick and why does everyone hate him. Also, in the SR cannon, does something happen to him? I am planning on running a game set in 2071, so right after the technomancer scare and right before the big magic drug thing (the one that lets norms astrally perceive.) What is the political climate at that time?

Brackhaven: current mayor of Seattle, suspected member/leader Humanis Policlub,one of his
sayings were "trolls and orks are only good at Combat Biking" racist at its worst,
Adopted by leader of Humanis Policlub's "cilvilized" front, have not able to stop Mayan Slasher
(notarious serial killer), have not done anything to improve human/metahuman relations..
Degausser
Okay, what am I, as a GM, supposed to do with that? I mean, IS he a member/leader of humanis? Is he just a dick? And how did he even get elected in one of the most open-minded and meta-diverse cities in the UCAS?
Stingray
QUOTE (Degausser @ Sep 16 2009, 12:13 PM) *
Okay, what am I, as a GM, supposed to do with that? I mean, IS he a member/leader of humanis? Is he just a dick? And how did he even get elected in one of the most open-minded and meta-diverse cities in the UCAS?

a SUSPECTED member/leader, yes he is a ***, in the city of Seattle,huge amount of occupants
are humans and his campaign were fear-mongering of its worse.. aka.. Look!! Metahumans are attacking pure humans!!!
(lot of non-humans have no Sin,no rights to vote..)
W@geMage
QUOTE (Degausser @ Sep 16 2009, 05:13 AM) *
Because he is a resourceful and successful businessman with contacts in the right place.
He plays up the fear and insecurity and points to all minority groups like mages, technomancers, metahumans, etc ... as the cause

Think about how stuff like the Patriot Act ever got voted. Scared voters are easily swayed.

More to the point, he would never personally involve himself with Humanis. He is way too high profile for that.
He has contacts and family members (an uncle I think) who do the real stuff.
Kumo
He's a first-rate politician. Even if he isn't HP member (and most shadow folk bet he is), he is close with them. Very powerful man: heir of influential family, mayor of Seattle, owner of major corporation -Brackhaven Investments. He's involved in politics since 40's and he's REALLY good in it - means big public support.
He ran for President of the UCAS in 2057 and finished second; Dunkelzahn won only by a small margin.
Cardul
Brackhaven is the Devil.

In fact, there is a phrase he has used concerning the Ork Underground, saying that
he is going to be addressing the "Underground Problem." Just sayin...
Silverback
Hi all,

in SR "Brackhaven" is a reaccuring family name. In the NAN I adventure set in 2050 or 51, the runners are hired by Kenneth Brackhaven, the uncle of mayor B.. This uncle has been one of the head honchos of Humanis in Seattle.
His nephew could not directly be proven to be Humanis, but he seems to be close.
In the campaign based around the 2057 elections, (Super Tuesday) an adventure also features a Brackhaven, this time the nephew. But I really can't remember what this adventure was all about.
W@geMage
QUOTE (Silverback @ Sep 16 2009, 07:12 AM) *
Hi all,

in SR "Brackhaven" is a reaccuring family name. In the NAN I adventure set in 2050 or 51, the runners are hired by Kenneth Brackhaven, the uncle of mayor B.. This uncle has been one of the head honchos of Humanis in Seattle.
His nephew could not directly be proven to be Humanis, but he seems to be close.
In the campaign based around the 2057 elections, (Super Tuesday) an adventure also features a Brackhaven, this time the nephew. But I really can't remember what this adventure was all about.
The run was about Brackhaven actually being adopted. The real Brackhaven boy goblinized and his family killed him for it. It was a really interesting twist during Super Tuesday.
Kumo
QUOTE (W@geMage @ Sep 16 2009, 01:22 PM) *
The run was about Brackhaven actually being adopted. The real Brackhaven boy goblinized and his family killed him for it. It was a really interesting twist during Super Tuesday.

And despite these news in every media feed during election, Brackhaven nearly won! Many people believe his (and Humanis') PR. Did you see this?
betterwatchit
And the last I heard, Brackhaven Investments is a AA-rated corp. Big enough to be extraterritorial.
W@geMage
QUOTE (Kumo @ Sep 16 2009, 07:53 AM) *
And despite these news in every media feed during election, Brackhaven nearly won! Many people believe his (and Humanis') PR. Did you see this?
Even better.
Even if the runners made all that info public, Brackhaven and his PR-machine would spin it so HE came out of it as the victim, and his ratings actually improved. wobble.gif
Kumo
Runner Havens, p. 67:
Brackhaven’s presidential bid turned into a
debacle when the media uncovered that Brackhaven was not the man he
believed to be. Kenneth Brackhaven was in fact an orphan, adopted and
raised as the dead Brackhaven scion. Damaging as the revelation was, an
emotional public statement reconciled Brackhaven with public opinion and
he finished second after President Dunkelzahn in the polls.
Stormdrake
just an FYI but the Seatle 2072 is refering to Brackhaven as Govenor of Seattle (pg. 37), not Mayor. Thought it was a bit strange but there you go.
Silverback
And since Kenneth was the presidential candidate, what was the name of his uncle? I think something with "C" or "K". Carl, perhaps?
Ravor
Well something to remember is that unlike in real life, most of the racist drivel is actually true about Trogs, they have fragging litters, can never be as intelligent and learned as a human no matter how long they stay in school or how many books they read. Not to mention that their overall shorter lifespan limits their possible experience.

And please, don't give me the line about how their lifestyle is why trogs don't live as long as humans, that is probably part of the issue, but remember that the SINless aren't people and as such aren't included in such figures so even given simliar lifestyles there is still a difference...
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (Stormdrake @ Sep 16 2009, 03:45 PM) *
just an FYI but the Seatle 2072 is refering to Brackhaven as Govenor of Seattle (pg. 37), not Mayor. Thought it was a bit strange but there you go.

Seattle is essentially a city-state/colony to the UCAS the term Governor would apply. I reckon there are several Mayors in Seattle as well, for the recognized districts.
Bugfoxmaster
QUOTE (Ravor @ Sep 16 2009, 08:25 AM) *
Well something to remember is that unlike in real life, most of the racist drivel is actually true about Trogs, they have fragging litters, can never be as intelligent and learned as a human no matter how long they stay in school or how many books they read. Not to mention that their overall shorter lifespan limits their possible experience.

And please, don't give me the line about how their lifestyle is why trogs don't live as long as humans, that is probably part of the issue, but remember that the SINless aren't people and as such aren't included in such figures so even given simliar lifestyles there is still a difference...

You're killin' me. You're fucking KILLING me. Are you JOKING?!
Perhaps an ork (I assume this is who you mean when you say trog - there's a term for it, being 'Ork' or 'Troll'- this is sort of like using 'coolie' or the 'n-word' as the normal term - not fucking done) or troll can't have as high a logic as a human, but learned? That's a moronic statement - anyone can be as learned as anyone else - it's up to them to apply the knowledge - like a legacy student and a scholarship student both in Harvard - one (the scholarship one) is more intelligent, but BOTH will be learned upon their graduation... Their shorter lifespan might limit their OVERALL experience, but how many people do their important shit between agets 60 and 86, besides politicians? And besides, Orks and Trolls mature faster, and thus can START gaining true experience in the adult world much sooner. So there goes that. And I assume you meant 'the SINless aren't COUNTED', not that they're not PEOPLE, because the latter would make me want to punch something hard - that's edging close to somewhere you don't want to go. There is no way of knowing the absolute limit of an ork life when they DO have sufficient medical care and a healthy lifestyle, just like humans or any other metatype. And litters are stupid. If whoever wrote that knew anything about demographic science, they'd have realized that there'd be several billion orks around now. There are other places where this is discussed - don't use litters as an argument (you could, I suppose, it's a legitimate concern...)
The racist drivel is NOT true. Additionally, since elves dwarves can live longer and get 'more experience' than humans, along with their other advantages, should we say humans are a useless, outdated heap of garbage? No.
Overall, it may be a simple tabletop RPG, but let's not agree with, follow, or otherwise enable racism and/or class conflict, please.
Finally, htis post was about Brackhaven, not racist bullshit in general.
BlueMax
Brackhaven is a hero.

Instead of countless talk about bright futures, Brackhaven moves to secure Seattle and its neighborhoods from rampant crime and violence. A hard man for the hard choices of our times.

Those who wish the violence and oppression to continue will distract you with false claims. Judge the man based on his leadership record, or be controlled.

The White Dove
Tyro
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Sep 16 2009, 09:27 AM) *
Brackhaven is a hero.

Instead of countless talk about bright futures, Brackhaven moves to secure Seattle and its neighborhoods from rampant crime and violence. A hard man for the hard choices of our times.

Those who wish the violence and oppression to continue will distract you with false claims. Judge the man based on his leadership record, or be controlled.

The White Dove

You scare me.
Degausser
Oookaaaay. I'm gonna nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand. Thanks all for the info, now I have a much better handle on what's going on. Also, double thanks to the guy who posted the Humanis speech, that kinda hit it home for me. Now I know what I should do about Brackhaven and how he can tie into the campaign (even have a few run ideas based around him now.)

As for the racism arguement with orks and trolls, well, here are my two cents.

A troll and Orc do not suffer penalties to their Logic, they simply have lower caps. While this may seem like a legitimate claim for racism (and I guess it is, in some ways) the median logic score is still the same. It is not like DnD where they suffer penalties to mental attributes. Instead it simply means that there are no child prodigy trolls or orks out there. What is the logic of most humans? 3. What is the logic of most Trolls? 3. The only thing is there are no trolls with 6 logic running around "tipping the scales" so that their average is higher. Still doesn't mean you can't have a troll scientist, you just have to work a bit harder at it. I've made a troll with 7 logic before, and hey, even the sample hacker in the book is an ork, and you can't tell me that he's stupid!
Warlordtheft
I vote for anarchy...how about everyone else. Oh...waita minute we had anarchy and somebody got too strong.

Ok communism, nah, that didn't work. What's the quote for your wage slave. Oh yeah, "What's my motivation?"

How about democracy---kinda of like Anarchy with out the constant bloodshed. True, the majority may squish the minority. But then again, when hasn't a minority been squished.

I won't even mention monarchies (how...quiant) or fascism (always the fav of the meglomaniac).

THat being said, are they sure the vote wasn't rigged? I mean 60% of seattle was human, so it would almost take almost 85% of the human vote to get him elected (if it needs 50% of the vote).
I don't think the metas would vote for him, and 85% for one candidate amongst the humans (a diverse group) seems to be impossible.
Bugfoxmaster
QUOTE (Tyro @ Sep 16 2009, 08:56 AM) *
You scare me.

Scares me too... Then again, it captures the Humanis idea pretty damn well.
at: Warlordtheft
You have a point - maybe the electon having been rigged will come up in a future book or module? Or maybe it could be something I could convince my GM to slot into the plot... hmm...
ravensoracle
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Sep 16 2009, 11:14 AM) *
I vote for anarchy...how about everyone else. Oh...waita minute we had anarchy and somebody got too strong.

Ok communism, nah, that didn't work. What's the quote for your wage slave. Oh yeah, "What's my motivation?"

How about democracy---kinda of like Anarchy with out the constant bloodshed. True, the majority may squish the minority. But then again, when hasn't a minority been squished.

I won't even mention monarchies (how...quiant) or fascism (always the fav of the meglomaniac).

THat being said, are they sure the vote wasn't rigged? I mean 60% of seattle was human, so it would almost take almost 85% of the human vote to get him elected (if it needs 50% of the vote).
I don't think the metas would vote for him, and 85% for one candidate amongst the humans (a diverse group) seems to be impossible.

Wouldn't a run for proof of this make a great story. I mean would you really want this to get out along with other information. I caould see anarchy erupt/ vegm.gif
Degausser
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Sep 16 2009, 12:14 PM) *

Remember, a fair amount of orks live below the poverty line, as do trolls, so just because 60% of seattle is human, doesn't mean 60% of Seattle VOTERS are human . . . That being said . . .

Notice how Brackhaven channels most of his hate and aggression towards orks and trolls? He might caputre some of the Elf and Dwarf votes, especially among the Ancients and their kin, because of their distrust of Trolls and orks in general. I mean, some of those elves can be just as racist as Humanis, and in lieu of an elf canidate, they would back whoever hates the trolls as much as they do.

Totally going to have a run where people discover that the skeleton in the closet, that the Brackhavens killed their own goblin child, comes out, and then deal with a bunch of fallout from that. Great runs to be had by all.
Apathy
QUOTE (Degausser @ Sep 16 2009, 01:05 PM) *
A troll and Orc do not suffer penalties to their Logic, they simply have lower caps. While this may seem like a legitimate claim for racism (and I guess it is, in some ways) the median logic score is still the same.

Do you have any canon reference that officially states that orks and trolls have the same median logic score as everyone else, or are you just stating the way you run it in your game. I don't remember reading this in any of the books, and don't think it's stated one way or the other.
PBI
QUOTE (Digital Heroin @ Sep 16 2009, 01:01 PM) *
Seattle is essentially a city-state/colony to the UCAS the term Governor would apply. I reckon there are several Mayors in Seattle as well, for the recognized districts.

The Seattle metroplex is a city-state and has a Governor, and each of the Districts has a Mayor. New Seattle Sb gives a fairly good rundown of the politics for the 2060s.

As far as Brackhaven, while the books never come right out and say it (so that each GM can decide for himself without any "but that's not right" from his players), he's The Man as far as Humanis goes in the Seattle area. He's the "kinder, gentler" face of Humanis, though no one's been able to tie him officially to Humanis, of course.
Bull
QUOTE (Kumo @ Sep 16 2009, 06:53 AM) *

Gah, my eyes!!!! They kept spelling it "orc"! Gah! The only time that's acceptable in Shadowrun is when dealing with the organization they mention in there, the Ork Rights Committee, and only as an acronym O.R.C. Argh!!! smile.gif

Sorry, pet peeve. smile.gif

Bull
Bull
QUOTE (Apathy @ Sep 16 2009, 12:54 PM) *
Do you have any canon reference that officially states that orks and trolls have the same median logic score as everyone else, or are you just stating the way you run it in your game. I don't remember reading this in any of the books, and don't think it's stated one way or the other.

It doesn't really say one way or another.

However, under SR1-3, it could be argued that the Ork and Troll median was lower, because they actually had a penalty applied to their Intelligence score. YOu also lost a point or two off whatever score you set their attribute at.

In SR4, though, they don't get a penalty, per se. Instead, they simply have a lower cap. Which means the Median is likely to be the same across the board. THere's no reason for Orks and TRolls to be actively less intelligent than the average human, just a reason for them to not be able to quite achieve the same heights.

Bull
Rail
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Sep 16 2009, 10:14 AM) *
That being said, are they sure the vote wasn't rigged? I mean 60% of seattle was human, so it would almost take almost 85% of the human vote to get him elected (if it needs 50% of the vote).

As far as I know, you don't need 50% of the vote to be elected, just a majority. I doubt it was only a 2 person race anyway, so as long as you can out fearmonger the others, you do pretty good. Besides, more money spent in an election generally means more votes. Someone like Brackhaven will have a lot of backers, especially if the Humanis thing is true. The real story is not in voter fraud, but in campaign contributions, that is where the paydata (and potential runs) are.
Kumo
QUOTE (Apathy @ Sep 16 2009, 07:54 PM) *

Description of ingentis metatype in SR4A directly says that "stupid and frightening troll" is just a steroetype. Trolls are "no less intelligent or well-manered than other metatypes, though they do suffer from high illiteracy or poverty rates"
Ravor
Bugfoxmaster, get a life, the racism against Trogs is perfectly justifed under the actual fucking rules, and since stats can be improved with karma the cap does in fact mean that orks and trolls can't be "as learned" as humans/elves/dwarves. And like it or not, in the Sixth World the SINless at best have as much rights as a stray animal so yeah, they don't count as people in the same sense as SINners are and if you honestly are the type of person who feels the need to get physical over imaginary terms in an imaginary world than you shoudl quit RPGs and seek serious help.

As for your quip about Daisy Eaters and Dwarves ( Hmm, I can't remember what the racist term for them are, must be because they are so easy to "overlook". ) making the fragging Breeders obstalete, well yeah, you're perfectlly right, Elves and Dwarves are genetically superiour to mere humans and this is why humans rightfully fear for their place in society if the elven and dwarven numbers keep climbing over time.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Bull @ Sep 16 2009, 01:37 PM) *
It doesn't really say one way or another.

However, under SR1-3, it could be argued that the Ork and Troll median was lower, because they actually had a penalty applied to their Intelligence score. YOu also lost a point or two off whatever score you set their attribute at.

In SR4, though, they don't get a penalty, per se. Instead, they simply have a lower cap. Which means the Median is likely to be the same across the board. THere's no reason for Orks and TRolls to be actively less intelligent than the average human, just a reason for them to not be able to quite achieve the same heights.

Bull

The rules for how a PC is created doesn't really say much for the median of a species in fluff. They changed the mechanic because penalties aren't "fun" not because the fluff suddenly changed.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Kumo @ Sep 16 2009, 02:38 PM) *
Description of ingentis metatype in SR4A directly says that "stupid and frightening troll" is just a steroetype. Trolls are "no less intelligent or well-manered than other metatypes, though they do suffer from high illiteracy or poverty rates"

Look you can pretty up any information if you let you political beliefs get in the way of science. The fact of the matter is Trolls should stick with there STRENGTH.
Paul
Next on when people forget they're playing a fantasy science fiction roleplaying game Jerry Springer is going to give us a few social tips...
Adarael
Seriously.
I hate Elves because they stole my cheerios! And trolls ate my cat!

FlakJacket
QUOTE (Rail @ Sep 16 2009, 08:09 PM) *
As far as I know, you don't need 50% of the vote to be elected, just a majority. I doubt it was only a 2 person race anyway, so as long as you can out fearmonger the others, you do pretty good.

The other thing to consider is voter turnout. The number of people voting in elections has been slowly but steadily dropping in recent modern day history I believe so I could easily see it continuing to fall into Shadowrun's time, although online voting might arrest or even reverse this somewhat
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Paul @ Sep 16 2009, 05:01 PM) *
Next on when people forget they're playing a fantasy science fiction roleplaying game Jerry Springer is going to give us a few social tips...

fantasy science fiction roleplaying

Not all of us need the politically correct media figures like reverend Springer to tell us what is right. It would be nice if we all lived in Lollypop land where everyone is born equal. Sadly it isn't so and some are born to less fortunate circumstances than the rest of us. Pitty them and give them what work you can so they feel useful, like delivery man, mover, garbage man.

And if there is a backlash against the truth remember, don't shoot until you see the points on there ears.

Paul
You need to take a chill pill kiddo, and find your sense of humor.
Bull
Ok kids, be nice. Racism, as it applies to Shadowrun, is ok in moderation. But be careful not to cross the line into real life here smile.gif

Bull
Adarael
I personally find the whole "trolls and orks cannot be as smart as humans, so it's not racism, it's fact" argument very interesting, ESPECIALLY in the context of 4th edition, where Intuition and Logic are two different stats, and where there are no penalties applied to stats, only lower caps, and where intuition isn't penalized for Orks (I forget if it is for Trolls).

Let's examine that for a moment.

The root assumption is an easy one - they can't be as smart at maximum, so they are an inferior species. Which is like, "Okay, sure. But they sure are huge as fuck and can pound you flat. So aren't you inferior?" And the usual counter I've seen players make is this: "Yeah, but intelligence is what counts in the modern world. Strength makes you a good construction worker, not a good biotechnician."

And my response now, as it has ever been, is that the 'potential maximum intelligence' of a metatype, or lack thereof, makes precisely zero difference for their worth. Because the ACTUAL intelligence of an individual is what matters, and the slice of people who have maximized their intelligence in the real world approaches, in my experience, less than 1% of the entire populace of the world. Potential achievement doesn't matter. Actual achievement does. Nobody is considered handicapped because they DIDN'T go get their PhD, and just decided to get a BA. These people are normal, not subject to scorn.

Well, unless you're an ass.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Ravor @ Sep 16 2009, 08:57 PM) *
Bugfoxmaster, get a life, the racism against Trogs is perfectly justifed under the actual fucking rules, and since stats can be improved with karma the cap does in fact mean that orks and trolls can't be "as learned" as humans/elves/dwarves.

They cannot become as intelligent as the smartest smoothskins, fairies or halfers.
Ruleswise, they have absolutely no problem of reaching a LOG of 4 or 3, respectively, and it's well possible that it gets as high as an unaugmented 5 resp. 4, or even 6/5 with Exceptional Attribute.

That's raw IQ, they have no limits on Knowledge or Active Skills, which where always the determining factor for education under SR rules.
Khyron
We've only got one sided racism here mainly because of the humanis references, but what about other meta vs meta racism? Do orks think trolls are stupid as a race? Clearly the elves at least think they're something special amongst the others. What do the trolls think? What about the SURGED?
BlueMax
My last post was in character, this post is out of character.

This looks 100% like real politics. Great interest in the rumors and sideshow, no interest in the actual position or its use. Does anyone have any info on Brackhaven besides the ever spooky humanis stuff?

BlueMax
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Khyron @ Sep 17 2009, 01:22 AM) *
We've only got one sided racism here mainly because of the humanis references, but what about other meta vs meta racism? Do orks think trolls are stupid as a race? Clearly the elves at least think they're something special amongst the others. What do the trolls think? What about the SURGED?

I'm sure we get all kinds of fantasy racism in the sixth world.
Dwarven supremacists, probably even modeled along the lines of classic fantasy racism (humans are ok, but elves are just out of their mind and orks and trolls are pure evil).
Ork and troll racism has an official example in the Sons of Sauron policlub.
There may as well be trolls who think all non-trolls are weaklings, who even think that orks are barely better than humans.
There may be orks who project the typical anti-ork prejudices on trolls, or even other orks perceived as "too orkish".

RC has a couple of examples for racism within a given metatype (widespread dwarven prejudice against gnomes, for example).

As well, there may be Infected who view all non-Infected as cattle (radical ghoul activists are in many cases an official example for this).
For many nosferatu, any non-nosferatu is inferior.

And don't get me started on dragon prejudices...
PBI
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Sep 16 2009, 09:28 PM) *
My last post was in character, this post is out of character.

This looks 100% like real politics. Great interest in the rumors and sideshow, no interest in the actual position or its use. Does anyone have any info on Brackhaven besides the ever spooky humanis stuff?

BlueMax

Ask the Devs. Brackhaven is there for whatever a particular GM needs him to be.
fistandantilus4.0
While the subject of races and racism is very interesting, and in many games, very central to the Sixth World, there's still plenty of info out there about Brackhaven. Let's keep this thread to that topic, and not the tangent of racial (in)equality. Feel free to open a new thread along those lines.
Ravor
Meanie... silly.gif
Degausser
So, here are some run ideas based off of Brackhaven. I would love it if people critiqued so that I could get a feel for what people thing.

Run 1) Brackhaven's Adoptive mother (anyone know her name?) Confesses, on her deathbed, to having killed her actual son when he goblinized. A reporter has gotten hold of footage of this, and the Brackhavens are trying to bury him . . . six feet under. Runners are hired to protect him, and to get his info to the nightly news.

Run 2) the Backlash from Brackhaven's testimonial causes massive political flair-ups. People are calling for Brackhaven's head . . . literally! During the massive riots, a video surfaces of an ork murdering brackhaven in cold blood, while speaking in Or'zet about ork supremacy. The Brackhavens play the martyr card and race-riots erupt in Seattle (almost as bad as the night of rage.) The Runner's Fixer personally hires the runners to defend his bar from the damage.

Run 3) A Lone Star officer hires the runners. He is a guy who doesn't like big lies and cover-ups, but knows how the system works. He has found several inconsistencies in the paperwork about Brackhaven's murder, and want's the runners to dig deep for him. Turns out, Brackhaven isn't dead, and the murder scene was all staged (complete with someone surgically altered to look ork, and with an ork linguisoft.) The entire thing was planned to save Brackhaven's face and his company. How the runners are to disseminate this information to the public is up to anyone.
Ravor
Meh, sounds too "preachy" for me, but with that aside...

( 1 ) Actually this run isn't too bad, just make sure to include a counteroffer made by a repersentive of Brackhaven to turn over the footage and replace it with an "edited" copy.

( 2 ) Doesn't really fly for me, although the tape would shake things up and be bad PR, unless something else was going on to have racial tensions at a boiling point this is just plain crazy.

( 3 ) Ok, why in the nine hells would they bother to use a fake ork? There are plenty of SINless orks who would be willing to do the deed, knowingly or not... Also unless this job literally comes on the tail of the "murder" (And hence your paperwork angle would need to be reworked.) Brackhaven doesn't stand to actually gain anything by pretending to be dead. So what if a high risk politician uses body doubles in the middle of race riots where he is the number one target?

Also something to remember is that like him or not, Brackhaven was elected and I don't remember reading anything that even hints that he had to "steal" the election in order to do so. Making him out to be a cheesy mustache twirling cliche is a huge diservious to the setting as a whole.

Yes he is a monster, but he's the dangerous kind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012