Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tag eraser
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ravor @ Sep 21 2009, 06:23 PM) *
Well, part of the problem that I have is that it's "all or nothing", I wouldn't have a problem if your easer had to roll in order to zap the tags, and security tags were slightly harder to get, but then again I'd also increase the range and give a bonus if the easer was touching the tag...

Sure, That makes a certain amount of sense...
kanislatrans
QUOTE (Ravor @ Sep 21 2009, 09:05 PM) *
Personally because I don't think it makes sense, but then again I wouldn't allow the "rub my belly" thing to work either.

I fell for the "rub my belly" thing once or twice... wobble.gif

Karoline
I'm sure better tag erasers exist, I mean the basic one is only 150 nuyen.gif There has to be better ones out there.

Also, a hacker could hack into the thing and disable it.

QUOTE (Ravor @ Sep 21 2009, 08:16 PM) *
On "real" electronics sure, but I have a hard time believing that security tags can remain small enough to be useful with all that hardening.

Yeah, that is real hard to believe when set next to the technology of nanomachines, AIs, VAMPIRES AND MAGES, the ability to grow bioware, the ability to REPLACE BONES WITH METAL, and rewire your entire nervous system and brain.... yeah, keeping electronic hardning small is soooo hard to believe.

nyahnyah.gif (Please note playfully sarcastic tone in that post)
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Karoline @ Sep 22 2009, 06:00 PM) *
I'm sure better tag erasers exist, I mean the basic one is only 150 nuyen.gif There has to be better ones out there.

Also, a hacker could hack into the thing and disable it.

Yeah, that is real hard to believe when set next to the technology of nanomachines, AIs, VAMPIRES AND MAGES, the ability to grow bioware, the ability to REPLACE BONES WITH METAL, and rewire your entire nervous system and brain.... yeah, keeping electronic hardning small is soooo hard to believe.

nyahnyah.gif (Please note playfully sarcastic tone in that post)

NOTED...
Ravor
Aye, however you then have to explain why this "small" technology isn't applied across the board and how come the "real" electronics don't benefit more from whatever this wonder tech is.

Basically tis the same problem as when an author introduces something like cheap and effective zero point energy or fictionless technology but doesn 't stop to think about how said tech woudl change everything else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012