Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Shadowrun Presidency!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Phaeton
...Well...Personally, I'd vote the Century Ferret for pres, Knight for secretary of defense, and Deus as vice president. biggrin.gif

Dunno where to put everyone else. rotfl.gif
Kanada Ten
Why isn't Ghostwalker running?

On a more serious note, I'd vote for whoever wants to kick Saito out of San Fran and back to Japan.
Phaeton
Ghostwalker isn't running because the #*#&$ poll thing only had room for ten entries and I forgot to put an 'Other' option. Because I am a dumbass. dead.gif Sorry...
Shadow
I don't know what hole you have been living in, but Dunk is dead my friend....
GoldenAri
Deus as VP sounds like a good way to get whoever's president killed.

Knight as secretary of defense...totally.
k1tsune
QUOTE (Shadow)

And they're all fictional characters. So?
Phaeton
QUOTE (Shadow)

*sigh* This is a joke thread involving who we'd put on this year's election ballots. It's NOT SUPPOSED TO BE CANON OR SERIOUS. *thwap of senselessness +3*
k1tsune
QUOTE (GoldenAri)
Deus as VP sounds like a good way to get whoever's president killed.

Think we could get him to run Republican?
Phaeton
LMFAO @ k1tsune. rotfl.gif
JongWK
Deus already runs Washingotn DC. Oh wait, that's Cheney. nyahnyah.gif
Dax
And besides. Dunkie may be dead, but I remember a line Captain Chaos shot off once.

"Vote for Dunklezhan in 2064! The best President is a dead President!"
JongWK
BTW, long live Damien Knight, puppetmaster extraordinaire.

Deus would still make a fine VP. wink.gif
GoldenAri
I voted for Fastjack because he's knowledgable, direct, and willing to get in there and fix the problem.
GoldenAri
"Vote for Dunklezhan in 2064! The best President is a dead President!"

Which reminds me. What is going on in the 2064 elections?
Dax
No idea. But I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that our old friend Braukhaven is planning to make another run for the big seat.
Phaeton
I shouldn't have put three legendary deckers as nominees...Makes things one-sided.

...Why the hell can't we have legendary riggers, anyway? Hatchetman is close enough to being a legendary sam, but WHY NO RIGGERS?!
Ancient History
I'm voting for me.
JongWK
Dragons can be elected, but monkeys can't, AH. nyahnyah.gif
Kagetenshi
Earthdawn-era immortal monkies can.
I voted Deus, but I have to reuse a joke:

Vote Darke: for when you're sick of choosing the lesser of two evils.

~J
KosherPickle
QUOTE (Phaeton)
I shouldn't have put three legendary deckers as nominees...Makes things one-sided.

...Why the hell can't we have legendary riggers, anyway? Hatchetman is close enough to being a legendary sam, but WHY NO RIGGERS?!

Rat-Tail is fairly legendary, as is Josie Cruise. For riggers. They need to keep a lower profile for the most part, since they deal in the real world. Deckers can be famous without stepping outside their house.
Kagetenshi
Tinkerbell also has a bit of a reputation, IIRC.

~J
Connor
QUOTE (GoldenAri)
I voted for Fastjack because he's knowledgable, direct, and willing to get in there and fix the problem.

Plus, he'd be about 5 years old, so he'd fit right in in Washington!
Playing Games
DK,as no corp,would beable to bribe him.....
Tiralee
Vote FastJack - then he can sick that litte proggy he scammed from Dunkie's Will on Deus.

"Yeah, you want a little Virus big-boy? Vintage '29, Old School baby!"

L;
LoseAsDirected
Well, if we're going to have a gun toting maniacal Texan for president, I'd rather he wasn't a former cokehead to boot..

My vote will go for Damien Knight.
Kagetenshi
Why all the hate for Deus?
Besides, the crash entity would never let it get out.

~J
Fortune
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Tinkerbell also has a bit of a reputation, IIRC.

I hear she's well-known as a Rigger as well. wink.gif
Ferrit
For me it's got to be the Century Ferret - why? well what else has it done recently? It's got to be planning somthing!!
Rock-Steady
I voted for Hatchetman.

His speeches will be great.

>>>Fellows, that are my plans for the future......*silence, because he got lost in details*

biggrin.gif rotfl.gif grinbig.gif
The Jopp
What!? No horrors?
Dogsoup
QUOTE (The Jopp)
What!? No horrors?

You don't vote the party you know, you vote the candidate: Darke. smile.gif
The Jopp
QUOTE (Dogsoup)
QUOTE (The Jopp)
What!? No horrors?

You don't vote the party you know, you vote the candidate: Darke. smile.gif

What? But why should i vote for Mr.Darke, he's just the vice president?

Verjigorm for president!
Kagetenshi
Ysrthgrthe for president!

~J
Birdy
Damien Knight!

It's time for the real ruler to step in the limelight. And better than having to pull a politico from your a.... whenever you stop too suddenly!

On the other hand, why bother with voting. Re-Unite with the Brits, kick out those lazzy butts in Parliament and get yourself a nice monarchie!

Michael

Req
Deus for pres, Ysrthgrthe for vp. Deus has the vision, and Ysrth has the people skills. Artificer for Secretary of Defense. smile.gif

edit - pwned.
Kagetenshi
Tempter and Giftbringer for Supreme Court Justices!
What do we appoint Chantrel's Horror to, though?

~J
Req
Health and Human Services, I'd guess. cool.gif Alternately the Surgeon General.
Kagetenshi
That's actually what I was thinking in terms of...

~J
Trickster
QUOTE (Req)
Alternately the Surgeon General.

I would assume Artificer has that one sown up.
Req
...not if he's the secretary of defense. smile.gif Anyway, C's H is always described as whittlin' the critter hanging within it into new and exciting forms, sounds like surgery to me.
GoldenAri
So why is Capt Chaos beating out everyone so soundly?
Fortune
QUOTE (GoldenAri)
So why is Capt Chaos beating out everyone so soundly?

He cheated by decking the poll!?!?
Ceres
...more than likely...
Foreigner
LoseAsDirected:

With all due respect, you are mistaken. It is former President (thank God, or the deity or higher power of your choice or particular religious denomination) WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON who is, to use your phrase, a "former cokehead" (according to his own brother, Roger Clinton, a reputed former drug dealer who, on at least one occasion, described his elder sibling as having "...a nose like a vacuum cleaner..."), NOT George Walker Bush.

Also, while he IS pro-gun, as well as being a native Texan, President Bush is NOT, as far as I know, a gun-toting maniac, to paraphrase what you said earlier.

While he, as the Commander-In-Chief of the combined Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard) of the United States, probably has the authority to carry a weapon, to the best of my knowledge, President Bush chooses not to do so. For the record, the last President known to carry a weapon while in office was Theodore Roosevelt, who began carrying a concealed handgun following the assassination of his predecessor in office, William McKinley, in September of 1901.

President Bush may not be a Rhodes Scholar, like Clinton is, but I'd rather have a mildly intellectually (or at least socially) challenged HONORABLE man who commits social or linguistic faux pas-es once in a while running the country than an adulterous, womanizing, drug-addicted sociopathic patholigical liar like Clinton. (The man may also be a murderer. Did you ever notice how people who pose a threat to this man have a nasty habit of turning up dead (Ron Brown and Vincent Foster are but two examples), or simply disappear, never to be heard from again? The only reason that he was EVER elected to the Presidency in the first place is because he is, in the words of (then-current, now-former) Nebraska Senator (and, incidentally, fellow Democrat) Bob Kerrey, "...an unusually good liar....". While campaigning in both 1992 and 1996, he made a lot of promises he didn't EVER intend to keep, and people fell for it both times. And let's not forget all of those pardons he issued on the eve of leaving office, or the Puerto Rican terrorists he freed from prison and pardoned in order to help the Missus, Hillary, get elected to the Senate.

In spite of this Clinton, along with his supporters, seems to think, because the U.S. Senate couldn't muster enough votes to convict him at the trial following his impeachment (a two-thirds majority is required to dismiss a serving President), that it means that he was (A) not impeached, or (B) acquitted.

Impeachment is only the preparatory stage. Clinton WAS impeached. The House voted 258-176-1 (the last was a "Not Voting", which I guess is an abstention, cast by a Republican; and by the way, 31 of those who voted IN FAVOR OF impeachment were some of Clinton's fellow Democrats; 1 Independent voted with the 175 Democrats who voted AGAINST impeachment) to impeach him, and passed two of the four Articles of Impeachment (Article 1, by a vote of 228 (5 of whom were Democrats) to 206 (200 of whom were Democrats, with 1 Independent voting with the Democrats and one "NV" vote, cast by a Democrat)), and Article 3, by a vote of 221 (5 of whom were Democrats) to 212 (12 Republicans, 199 Democrats, and 1 Independent, with 2 "NV" votes being cast by Democrats). It was at the subsequent trial that they failed to muster the necessary number of votes to remove him from office (the vote on Article 1 was 45 "Guilty", 55 "Not Guilty", and on Article 2 (the former Article 3 of the original 4-Article Articles of Impeachment), the vote was an even split--50 "Guilty", 50 "Not Guilty"). There is NO SUCH THING as an acquittal at a Senate trial--either they CONVICT the President of the crimes with which he has been charged, or they DON'T. Just because they couldn't muster enough votes to convict the man doesn't mean that he was innocent--only that he got away with it.

You are entitled to your opinion. Just check your facts before stating your case, and be prepared to defend your position.

And for the record, I hate what Clinton represents about as much as LoseAsDirected seems to hate President Bush--in my case, I don't hate the man personally; rather, I hate what happened to my country as a result of his being in office. This includes the September 11, 2001 attacks, which occurred at least partially because of Clinton-era degradation of our military and intelligence network.

I also am not overly fond of his designated successor, Gore who, among other transgressions, has somehow managed to convince a lot of people that President Bush stole the 2000 Presidential election from *HIM*, when everybody with a grain of common sense knows that it was Gore who tried to steal the election, by interfering with the electoral process in Florida.

End of rant. smile.gif

My apologies to the other posters here. Some things just get my dander up, and anything involving Messrs. Clinton and Gore is on that list. smile.gif

--Foreigner
Phaeton
...*tries to read all that while hyper and very ADHD. dies as a result. info overloadwe0tj8w4896yu923776t57r776%#^&#%$#%^#^4r*

***Exit User: Phaeton (e9wy9t347989&8&&*)
Prototype
Glad to see someone who's willing to do something other than bash George W. all day, the guy isn't doing that bad a job!

However, you have to admire big Bill's cheek! smile.gif
locomotiveman
If you look at nativeness (is that a word?) as being what state you were born in GWB is from Conn.
Kagetenshi
*Barely passes Willpower check to resist flamewar initiation*
*Fails test to prevent telling everyone about it, however*

~J
Dr Komuso
Hey, at least Clinton won in Kosovo. Not to mention Somalia. 16 dead American's there versus.... **checks michaelmoore.com**... 525 so far in Iraq.

Not to get off topic (Okay, that's a lie), but Clinton might have been dirty, really dirty, but that doesn't make "president" Bush and his handlers any less evil.

Merriam-Webster defines evil as....
1 a : morally reprehensible : SINFUL, WICKED <an evil impulse> b : arising from actual or imputed bad character or conduct <a man of evil reputation>

Well... a drug using, adulterizing, womanizing, (insert your own verb here)ing, president certainly fits this description, so I guess I can't defend Clinton too well.

But, I'd also define deceiving 235 million people in order to start a war that, coincedently, stands to make you, your closest associates, and those who paid to appoint you to office (Not elect. Gore won the popular vote, this isn't an arguable fact. The only arguement is in whether or not the electoral system should override what many people see as, essentially, the heart of the democratic system.), a HELL of a lot of money.

Not to mention not attending a single funeral for the 525 soldiers who have died so far, while simultaniously cutting benefits to their widows and families.

Oh, and of course our "friend of the common man", wants to get rid of overtime laws too. Yeah, that'll really show those CEO's with their 32 hour work weeks.

And, just for the record, Bill Clinton spent more money on the military than ANY president since Lincoln. Under Clinton's term our military became not just the most technologically advanced in the world, but the best trained. Ever wonder why we won in Afghanistan so quickly, while American's are still dying at a rate of 1.6 a day a year after we "won" in Iraq? Because the Bush-Cheny junta didn't have much trouble winning a war with, essentially, Bill Clinton and Wesley Clark's military.

And it's not like this is a Republican problem. Hell, for all his problems George Bush 1 won the first Gulf War against a better trained and better equipped Iraqi force in a matter of months, and did a wonderful job doing it. Meanwhile, we're still getting absolutely victimized in Iraq by a bunch of arrogant, power-hungry, terrorists who hate our way of life. Oh, and I hear there's some of those outside of the White House too.
Phaeton
Ok. This is a SILLY thread. Not a flamewar battlezone. BACK. TO. TOPIC.

CENTURY FERRET IN 2004!!!!!!!111oneone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012