Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hacking the Street Samurai
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Oct 20 2009, 06:29 AM) *
The matrix, by RAW, is so messed up that any question pertaining to it can't be responded to with anything other than sensible house rules.

Sure, okay.

QUOTE (Draco18s @ Oct 20 2009, 06:29 AM) *
By RAW a matrix node can be made 100% impenetrable by using a nexus and 32+ Agents defending it.
Which means: can you use a cyberlimb as a nexi element, and run an agent on it? By RAW you can use toasters, so why not?

Well, not to bring up those pesky rules you don't like, but:

QUOTE (Unwired, page 196)
Most nexi are the size of a desktop computer tower or larger—too large to carry comfortably in place of a commlink, but possible to pull on a cart, load onto a drone, or carry in a vehicle.
QUOTE (Unwired, page 50)
The servers that run nexi come in a wide range of sizes and processor power, from units the size of a modern-day laptop to a full-blown server tower. The more processor power needed, the more powerful and thus bigger the hardware of the nexus will be.

The smallest nexus in Unwired has a Processor Limit of 10 and a Response of 2, so - beyond the incredible expense - I would probably rule that no, you can't run 32+ agents on a nexus that would fit in a cyberlimb.

That said, I find the loophole fascinating: how is a nexus with 32+ agents 100 percent impenetrable? Could you give me some more details?
Draco18s
QUOTE (3278 @ Oct 20 2009, 01:21 AM) *
That said, I find the loophole fascinating: how is a nexus with 32+ agents 100 percent impenetrable? Could you give me some more details?

I might be using the wrong word, but there's a way to cluster matrix devices such that you combine their power. A cyberlimb is only adding its processing value to a total, which might not be much by itself, but enough limbs (and a comlink) and you get up to a total response rating of 20 or better. Then, the entire cluster is treated as a single node, and with 30 agents running in a node (tasked to defend the node) it's impossible to get into the node, due to dice pool disadvantage (the node gets 6+ dice against you 30 times--what are the odds that one or more agents meets or beats your stealth rating?).
Cthulhudreams
You just use AR to log into all your devices, load an agent onto all of them, move the persona into your 'front facing' equipment in advance, and order the agent to attack anything that comes into the 'front facing' node that isn't supposed to be there.

It's pretty much unhackable.
Ryu
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Oct 20 2009, 09:14 AM) *
You just use AR to log into all your devices, load an agent onto all of them, move the persona into your 'front facing' equipment in advance, and order the agent to attack anything that comes into the 'front facing' node that isn't supposed to be there.

What advantage do multiple front-facing nodes have over the commlink being the only node connecting to the matrix (directly)?
Pollution
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Oct 20 2009, 03:26 AM) *
If you were actually concerned about this scenaro (personally if a medtech feels they need to take a bonesaw to my ribs the last thing i care about is them damaging my internal air tank)

Erm, if they damage your internal air tank (for example) you blow up. Ever seen a pressurized tank of gas get ruptured? It's ugly. And that Internal Air Tank is INSIDE YOU. "Saw..." "oops..." "BANG!"

The major point to my post isn't so much the reasoning behind the wireless links, those are RAW and by the devs, therefore, if you want to change them make a houserule. If you are using mainly RAW, then my post stands.

The cost/danger of moding your central nervous system is far too expensive/dangerous for EVERY street sam to be able to accomplish. Read the first few stories in the books. Runners are POOR (in cannon). The only reason they have Y100,000 mods is because without them they'd be dead. Once you have your 100,00 cyber, it's going to be REALLY hard to get the scratch together to have it modded.

Just have your team's hacker/TM protect your groups combined PAN and you save thousands on security, and years of life-expectancy. Seriously, if your contact or team mate is modding your ware and make a mistake, best case scenario you're out some fancy MbW. Worst case? You're a vegetable.
Kumo
QUOTE (Pollution @ Oct 20 2009, 04:07 AM) *
That means that EVERY cyber that would have a wireless link (aka everything other than dermal plating or whatever) HAS a wireless link. End of story. YES, you CAN turn it off, but doing so requires a few special things:

1) The skills to do it yourself without frying your central nervous system when you mod your own MbW.
2) A REALLY good friend with the skills to do it without killing you in the process and who you TRUST can do it without killing you in the process.
3) A talented team mate who's willing to do it for you who you can trust not to either
A) Fry your central nervous system
B) Leave a backdoor for themselves to easily ice your ass when you betray them/they betray you
C) Sell the access codes to your internal Air Tank to an opposing SR team so they can blow your ass up like a balloon
4) If you've got a talented team mate who you can trust and who can do the job, there's that silly COST to worry about (few runners will sell their services to a Johnson but then give them away to team mates just cause).
5) Enough dough to hire a talented Hacker/TM who can do it for you, and the connections to find one who's trustworthy.
6) The flat out CASH to have customized ware built for you when you get your shiny new implants and have them set the way you want them for security when you buy them. Meaning
A) They're now probably Delta grade ware.
B) They cost a TON more thanks to specific modifications and optimizations you want installed.
C) When you get shot in the back during a run and your MbW III Delta Customized ware is damage, you're going to shell out 10x more than you normally would to get it fixed, oh, and you're harder to treat thanks to your insane level of paranoia having the MEDICAL INTERFACE TURNED OFF

Now, that being said, YES, you can go and have your gear secured by not having a wireless connection. You've spent yourself a TON more cash to do it, but, HEY, you're secure, right?

Now, the SMART runner would simply have the hacker they're working with maintain security on your groups PAN (you're running TacSoft anyway, so he SHOULD be doing that already). Have him load some optimized IC on each of your commlinks (only need one copy of the IC, and copy it to everyone) and put a few Data Bombs in the access areas for your cyber-signals and you're done.

See, shutting OFF the cyber's wireless signal is both expensive and dangerous. Having your team's hacker PROTECT the team's cyber is FREE and SAFE.

BBB (p. 304) says that there is no problem with purchasing any gear without wireless option, "though it may get you some funny looks". And that every "device's wireless capability can be turned off with
a simple command". It just has to be manually turned on later (but with DNI or skinlink it should be able to switch on with mental command, I think). So it is not expensive or dangerous in any way.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Oct 20 2009, 12:55 AM) *
I might be using the wrong word, but there's a way to cluster matrix devices such that you combine their power. A cyberlimb is only adding its processing value to a total, which might not be much by itself, but enough limbs (and a comlink) and you get up to a total response rating of 20 or better. Then, the entire cluster is treated as a single node, and with 30 agents running in a node (tasked to defend the node) it's impossible to get into the node, due to dice pool disadvantage (the node gets 6+ dice against you 30 times--what are the odds that one or more agents meets or beats your stealth rating?).

But in the long run, Clusters are averaged across the components except for Signal and available persona/program limits... stats are still the same (100 devices at device rating 4, still gains you a device rating 4 cluster, though you now have additional space for Persona limits and program limits prior to degradation), you never have a response on a cluster equal to 20+... However, if you are willing to create such a piece of hardware (seeing as how a Rating 10 Response Chip is so bleeding edge that they need transfusions just to keep it functional) I would imagine that the R&D department that you are working for would be greatly appreciative of your work...

What are the odds that those 32 Agents are going to detect the Technomancer with the Threaded rating 12 stealth? Miniscule at best in my experience with our current technomancer... closest anyone has come is within 3 of the target, and that was a hyperspecialized Spider (with more dice than any Agent throws) on a VERY TOUGH AAA Megacorporate Security Node..

Keep the Faith
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Oct 20 2009, 01:14 AM) *

No it is not, it is just a very effective speed bump to the highly dedicated hacker... may take some time, but it can be hacked... and don't forget, the agent/IC still needs to detect any intruders that enter the node... not always an easy prospect with professional hackers/Technomancers...

Keep the Faith
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Kumo @ Oct 20 2009, 06:35 AM) *
BBB (p. 304) says that there is no problem with purchasing any gear without wireless option, "though it may get you some funny looks". And that every "device's wireless capability can be turned off with
a simple command". It just has to be manually turned on later (but with DNI or skinlink it should be able to switch on with mental command, I think). So it is not expensive or dangerous in any way.

This.... Have a nice Day

Keep the Faith
Draco18s
QUOTE (Pollution @ Oct 20 2009, 06:40 AM) *
Erm, if they damage your internal air tank (for example) you blow up. Ever seen a pressurized tank of gas get ruptured? It's ugly. And that Internal Air Tank is INSIDE YOU. "Saw..." "oops..." "BANG!"

Two words:
Cyberware
Scanner

What medtech doesn't have one?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Oct 21 2009, 05:27 PM) *
Two words:
Cyberware
Scanner

What medtech doesn't have one?

Yeah, that is what I was thinking too...

Keep the Faith
Orcus Blackweather
Two points:

Nothing is unhackable.
If you are in public you are withing 3 meters of a wireless node.

You can make things difficult or time consuming to hack, but if it has a legitimate interface (skinlink and dni count for this purpose), then there is a method of hacking into it. The matrix is an all pervasive mesh with a cluster density measured in feet everywhere people congregate. Additionally, the annoying insect-like drones capable of patching into your skinlinked cybertorso are all but invisible. Having a very low signal rating saves you very little.
Cthulhudreams
QUOTE (Ryu @ Oct 20 2009, 06:58 PM) *
What advantage do multiple front-facing nodes have over the commlink being the only node connecting to the matrix (directly)?

No, I'm suggesting 1 single front facing node, with dozens of persona's from all your other gear in it. hese can all support Agents.

Then you load 50 billion joke programs into the node, get your Agents to render them, then connect to the internet.

When a hacker logs in, he has to spend quite awhile actually rendering the node, but your guys have to render 1 new icon then beat the tar out of him by launching massive black hammer assaults.

Ryu
How do you deal with the subscription limit?
Cthulhudreams
I'm not sure how that impacts anything.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Orcus Blackweather @ Oct 21 2009, 09:54 PM) *
Two points:

Nothing is unhackable.
If you are in public you are withing 3 meters of a wireless node.

You can make things difficult or time consuming to hack, but if it has a legitimate interface (skinlink and dni count for this purpose), then there is a method of hacking into it. The matrix is an all pervasive mesh with a cluster density measured in feet everywhere people congregate. Additionally, the annoying insect-like drones capable of patching into your skinlinked cybertorso are all but invisible. Having a very low signal rating saves you very little.

You cannot hack skinlinked devices with no signal unless you are in contact with your target... that is what makes skinlink so useful, it is unhackable (assuming that you have no signal beyond the skinlink, which is not a reasonable assumption if there is a functioning comlink with an operating signal)...

But other than that, yes, if you have an operating signal, then you can be hacked...

Keep the Faith Orcus... See ya on Friday Night
Trench
We are all being way too paranoid. Lets listen to the hacker and enable wireless! Also, Im selling a used armor jacket with part of the chest blown out. What are the chances someone will actually aim for the heart?
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Orcus Blackweather @ Oct 22 2009, 05:54 AM) *
(skinlink and dni count for this purpose)

DNI is not a network interface, though cyberware can be internally hardwired.
Ravor
Also I don't buy the entire free-for-all mesh network bullshit, set your devices to not talk with some random mesh and instead use the wireless routers we've been told are bolted everywhere WHEN you want to actually connect with anything.

And of course, disable your wireless except for a 'jack ( Yes, Unwired has that stupid rule, but it doesn't make sense so I'll continue happily ignoring it. ) then only subscribe your cyber to your 'jack when you want to update your software.

Oh, and never, ever trust the team's Decker with your cyber security, I mean do you also ask the team's gunbunny to clean and load your firearms?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ravor @ Oct 22 2009, 11:51 AM) *
Also I don't buy the entire free-for-all mesh network bullshit, set your devices to not talk with some random mesh and instead use the wireless routers we've been told are bolted everywhere WHEN you want to actually connect with anything.

And of course, disable your wireless except for a 'jack ( Yes, Unwired has that stupid rule, but it doesn't make sense so I'll continue happily ignoring it. ) then only subscribe your cyber to your 'jack when you want to update your software.

Oh, and never, ever trust the team's Decker with your cyber security, I mean do you also ask the team's gunbunny to clean and load your firearms?

Wow... A little Bitter there Ravor...

No Worries, there are always lots of options to choose from...

Keep the Faith
Ravor
What can I say, I'm cycinal by nature and my choice of RPGs probably aren't the "most healthy" for my personality. To speak nothing of my choice in girlfriends and exspouse. cyber.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ravor @ Oct 22 2009, 01:19 PM) *
What can I say, I'm cycinal by nature and my choice of RPGs probably aren't the "most healthy" for my personality. To speak nothing of my choice in girlfriends and exspouse. cyber.gif

Life Happens... I understand somewhat I quess...
Besides, Cynical is not a bad thing...

Keep the Faith
Ravor
*chuckles* That is what the voices in my head keep telling the nice young men in clean white coats. Doesn't seem to help though. silly.gif

Seriously though, I think tis time for me to head into town and flirt with a certain pretty young lady for a bit and see if ya'll can get mellow Ravor back for a little while. cyber.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ravor @ Oct 22 2009, 01:27 PM) *
*chuckles* That is what the voices in my head keep telling the nice young men in clean white coats. Doesn't seem to help though. silly.gif

Seriously though, I think tis time for me to head into town and flirt with a certain pretty young lady for a bit and see if ya'll can get mellow Ravor back for a little while. cyber.gif

Good Luck and Talk to ya later...

Keep the Faith
Ravor
Thanks, and oh yeah, I can most definently get used to being mellow Ravor, good women are hard to find, and good women who don't mind the fact that you've got custody of young children, even harder. Man I think I hit the fragging lottery, maybe...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ravor @ Oct 22 2009, 08:08 PM) *
Thanks, and oh yeah, I can most definently get used to being mellow Ravor, good women are hard to find, and good women who don't mind the fact that you've got custody of young children, even harder. Man I think I hit the fragging lottery, maybe...

Congratulations... Yes, Good women are indeed hard to find... thankful for my Wife every day, she is an extraordinary woman in my book...

Keep the Faith
Ravor
Crossing my fingers.
Rad
Hmm, I guess some things are only clear from a distance...

Been a while since my group played SR4 (we're on our way back to it) and now that my mental buffers have been cleaned out, so to speak, a thought occurs:

One of the big arguments brought out against hacking cyberware is that the owner can just use DNI to override your commands...

...now, I don't know if the rules explicitly say one way or the other on that, but considering how computers work, it seems like you'd have to override the command after it had started being carried out. Meaning "instantaneous" things like "dump memory" or "reboot" couldn't be stopped.

The reason for this being that the DNI command to stop, while technically having a higher "authority" on the system, would not be processed until after the device ran the hacker's command. This isn't like a person where someone says "shoot", another person says "no, wait, stop!" and you have time to hear both commands before you decide what to do.

When the CPU in your smartlink hears "shoot" from an authorized node, it shoots.

When it hears "no, wait, stop!", it stops shooting--but the first round of bullets has already flown.
Ravor
True, but I think that the actual arguement that people are making is that with DNI there is very little reason to even have wireless working at all so Deckers couldn't even connect.

*EDIT*

Or another possiblity is for the computer to require a DNI "premission" before accepting a command via wireless, much as the various Internet Security software works today.
Rad
True enough. DNI override is usually the second argument, after someone finds a way around the first one. (Weaponized nanotech and micro-tapper drones tend to work well)

As for requiring DNI permission, that's similar to the FAQ entry about a rigger making his drones double-check orders to prevent spoofing. The problem with that kind of solution is that it takes an action on the owner's part. (a free action, but still) It's less of an issue in this case, when wireless access is rare, but keep in mind that a street-sam with that setting on his 'ware is getting DNI pings *constantly* in a spam zone--or pretty much any highly-connected area.

You can set it to "block automatically", but that still leaves the problem of hacker nanites opening you up. Essentially, it's the same problem of leaving the wireless "software-disabled", just with a bit more detail.
Ravor
However, people on the other side refuse to adress the issue that it's easy to simply buy your cyber with no wireless at all in the first place, and hardwiring everything to a single 'jack or internal 'link is free and easy.
Orcus Blackweather
QUOTE (Ravor @ Oct 23 2009, 05:39 PM) *
However, people on the other side refuse to adress the issue that it's easy to simply buy your cyber with no wireless at all in the first place, and hardwiring everything to a single 'jack or internal 'link is free and easy.

If you have hardware that does not need any kind of outside your body access I agree with you 100%. Wired reflexes, muscle augments, razors, and other self only items. As soon as you link your cyber eyes to you comm, or have an internal smartlink, and need it to communicate, or god forbid, you have an internal commlink, at that point all bets are off.
Ravor
Which is why I figure that everyone should only have one or possibly two "wireless" pathways leaving his body, and then only have his cyber talk to said pathways when that piece of cyber recieves a DNI command to do so, and to auto refuse any "outside" attempts to connect.

Sure a Decker and hack into your 'jack, but unless you are actively using wireless on any given piece of cyber there isn't all that much the Decker can do.
QUOTE (Ravor @ Oct 23 2009, 11:39 PM) *

I am absolutely with you. It's easy to buy cyber without wireless capabilities...but then I have to wonder, why is there so much information about wireless cyberware in the books? From my perspective, it makes more sense to offer wireless as an option on [certain] cyberware than it does to emphasize wireless to the extent that you have to remove it or specify that you'd like to buy non-wireless cyberware.

QUOTE (Ravor @ Oct 24 2009, 12:06 AM) *
Which is why I figure that everyone should only have one or possibly two "wireless" pathways leaving his body, and then only have his cyber talk to said pathways when that piece of cyber recieves a DNI command to do so, and to auto refuse any "outside" attempts to connect.

I'm no 4e Matrix guru - it's why I keep asking so much about it! - but isn't this the entire point of Spoof? Convincing the cyber, in this case, "No, no, this command isn't from outside!"

QUOTE (Ravor @ Oct 24 2009, 12:06 AM) *
Sure a Decker and hack into your 'jack...

...but if the decker can hack into your datajack, you've already got serious problems! smile.gif Beware people running up to you holding out the business end of a fiber optic link.
Cthulhudreams
Yeah, but afaik unwired made spoof useless, you have to provide a valid access idea that you've seen used sniffer with spoof, so if they preshare a list of valid access ids and delete the top one each time it is used and black list the rest, you are stuffed.
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Oct 24 2009, 01:30 AM) *
Yeah, but afaik unwired made spoof useless, you have to provide a valid access idea that you've seen used sniffer with spoof...

I'm not sure entirely what you mean by this, but the impression I get is that unless you have a valid access ID gained by sniffer, you can't use Spoof? Is that what you're saying? [I'd believe it, I'm just not understanding your wording.]

Does anyone see a way around this?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Oct 23 2009, 06:30 PM) *
Yeah, but afaik unwired made spoof useless, you have to provide a valid access idea that you've seen used sniffer with spoof, so if they preshare a list of valid access ids and delete the top one each time it is used and black list the rest, you are stuffed.

The simple truth is that you cannot keep yourself from being hacked... once yuou close one pathway, there is another, that is why there is an Exploit Program... adn once you have access, you open up all manner of unpleasantness that is hard to avoid once you have been compromised...

Unwired did not make Spoof unuseable... you still make the roll, just as you did before... but now they have given a definition to what the roll relates to... Nothing has really changed... You still have to have access to teh network before you can actually Spoof...

Keep the Faith
Cthulhudreams
QUOTE (3278 @ Oct 24 2009, 11:36 AM) *
I'm not sure entirely what you mean by this, but the impression I get is that unless you have a valid access ID gained by sniffer, you can't use Spoof? Is that what you're saying? [I'd believe it, I'm just not understanding your wording.]

Does anyone see a way around this?

err, let me try that better:

Hosts have lists of 'valid' access IDs that are allowed to access them

So you need to spoof one of those valid access IDs

To know what you need to spoof, you need to have seen those access IDs used first by sniffing or otherwise finding out what is on the list.
Ravor
Well remember that in Fourth Edition even 'jacks are wireless and given that I prefer buying Betagrade+ 'jacks for my characters the Wireless Range isn't all that bad.

But yeah, I agree, the devs went crazy with the entire "everything is wireless by default" without realizing the damage that it does to the setting, but I'm not sure that you could spoof a device that is told not to except any outside connections.
QUOTE (Ravor @ Oct 24 2009, 05:14 AM) *
Well remember that in Fourth Edition even 'jacks are wireless...

...what? Wouldn't a "wireless datajack" just be an implanted commlink?

For what it's worth:
QUOTE (SR4a, page 339)
Datajack: A datajack allows a user to directly interface with any electronic device via a fiberoptic cable. Datajacks also allow users to slot and mentally access chips, softs, and BTLs. Datajacks are equipped with their own memory storage for downloading or saving files. Two datajack users can string a fiberoptic cable between themselves to conduct a private mental communication immune to radio interception/eavesdropping.
Ravor
Naw because remember that in Fourth Edition everything is wireless unless stated otherwise, and the 'jack's cousin datalock does have a special note saying that it has no wireless ability built in which the 'jack does not.

Besides, an actually implanted 'link coupled with a sim module can do more than a mere 'jack alone, but for most people I think the extra cost wouldn't be worth it.
Does anyone else interpret the datajack as being a wireless device?
Cthulhudreams
The rules state that all implanted cyberware has wireless functions that you have to specifically disable in the basic book and augementation.

Is this stupid beyond all belief? You bet.

It's still worse than a commlink though because it's only 2/2/2/2 which is a shite commlink.

Ravor
That is only true for a standard 'jack, all you've got to do is shell out alittle extra nuyen.gif and you've got a datajack with some decent stats to make into a chokepoint of death, hell, 'jacks are cheap enough that it isn't out of reach either.

*EDIT*

And 'jacks are one of the few pieces of cyber that having wireless access actually makes sense for.
QUOTE (Ravor @ Oct 26 2009, 05:21 AM) *
And 'jacks are one of the few pieces of cyber that having wireless access actually makes sense for.

For my part, it's one of the ones I would never have wireless access on! If I'm going to have a datajack, the whole point would be that it's only capable of fiber optic links [although I might rule for a player who wanted it that a 0-signal diagnostic connection wasn't unreasonable]. That's sort of why I'm asking other people how they do theirs.

While we're waiting for other people to weigh in, what would the stats on your datajack be, in your interpretation, in whatever grade you'd choose?
Ravor
Aye, but I figure that the entire point of a 'jack is being able to connect with other devices, and in Fourth Edition that means going wireless, sure there are tradeoffs with security but thats the game that everyone has to play.

As for the Device Ratings, well according to the "Device Rating Table" it should go as follows...

Datajack: Rating 3 (Standard for all Headware)

Alphaware: Rating 4

Betaware: Rating 5

Deltaware: Rating 6

As cheap as 'jacks are, everyone should be able to shell out the nuyen for Betagrade, and if you can get in the door, not even Deltagrade is that unreasonable.
Cthulhudreams
Sorry my bad about misemebering the device rating!
QUOTE (Ravor @ Oct 26 2009, 05:40 AM) *
As cheap as 'jacks are, everyone should be able to shell out the nuyen for Betagrade, and if you can get in the door, not even Deltagrade is that unreasonable.

Okay, so check my math. If I buy an implanted Commlink, with 4/4/4/4, standard grade, it should cost 11,000 nuyen, and take 0.2 essence. [I'm doing all this off the DK1a spreadsheet, so seriously, please, check my math! smile.gif ]

With your Alphaware datajack, would the stats be 4/4/4/4, 0.08 essence, and a cost of 1,000 nuyen? Doesn't this give you all the functions of a commlink, plus the ability to use a fiber optic link, for vastly less money and essence? [It'd only get worse with Deltaware: the datajack would cost 5,000 nuyen and 0.05 essence, for what you'd pay 24,000 nuyen and 0.2 essence for in a commlink.]

That said, if increasing the grade of your datajack automatically increases the rating of its wireless functions, why isn't the same for the commlink? I feel like there's just something going on here I'm not understanding; help a brother out?
Cthulhudreams
Two things 1) The matrix rules are bad

2) The device rating has some weasel words about just being indicative or something.
Ravor
Aye, I had forgotten the bit about Signal Rating, that would probably remain ( Rating 0 ). As for the rest, well I don't remember if this is actually in the books or if this is just a something that I made up awhile back to keep things from getting crazy but I figure that the mirco computers that are in everything tend to be dedicated for their jobs, so in the case of a 'jack I figure that it was limited to running programs to increase security, connect with other devices, run knowsofts, and probably edit the headware memory that seems to be included now.

However, you really couldn't surf the 'Trix without a proper commlink.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012