Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun Diversions-Street "Sams"
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Degausser
We all know that Street Sams don't always ascribe to the code of the Samurai. (A.K.A. they don't follow bushido and all.) But that is the first thing everyone thinks of when you talk about a heavily cybered killing machine. Well, just for fun I made a few alternate takes. That is, heavily cybered individuals who don't aspire to be Samurai, but other ancient warriors. Feel free to post your own.

Now, just to be Politically correct, I am not a member of any of these groups, and I got my information from what I remember from "The Deadliest Warrior" (And I take everything I see on there with a tablespoon of salt) and from some quick Wikipedia searches. If You are a member of the culture I show, and I misrepresented you, please feel free to call me out on it and I will apologize and fix whatever I got wrong.

Now, that said:

The Street Apache (Human. Ex member of a NAN government strike team.)
Agl:5(7) Bod:4 Rea:4(6) Str:5(7) Chr:2 Int:3 Log:2 Will:2

Edge:3 Essense:1.5

Phys:10, Stun:9 Int:7 Passes:1(3)

Blades: 5(Apache Traditional +2)
Throwing Weapons: 5(Apache Tradional +2)
Group-Stealth: 4
Survival: 3(Brushland +2)
Automatics: 3
Group-Athletics: 3
Perception 1

*Using Arsenal Rules, the Apache Traditional Specilization applies to Daggers and Tomahawks

Knowledge:
Religions of the NAN:4
Small Unit Tactics: 4
Smuggling outfits: 4
North American History: 2 (Native American)+2

Bilingual: Apachean/English
Martial Arts-Wildcat x2(+1 die to called shots to unprotected areas, +1 die to called shots to increase damage)
-Iaijutsu
Incompetent-Instruction
SINner- Criminal
Allergy- Mild to Seawater

Contacts:
Fixer Loyalty2/Connection3
Street Doc 2/2

Cyber/Bio:
Alphaware Wired Reflexes (Rating 2) 64000, 2.4 essence
Muscle Toner Rating 2 (16,000) .4
Muscle Augmentation Rating 2 (14,000) .4
Orthoskin Rating 2 (60,000) .5
Reflex Recorder, Blades (10000).1
Reflex Recorder, Throwing (10000).1
Reflex Recorder, Automatics (10000).1
DataJack (500) .1
Alphaware Cybereyes, Rating 4 (3000) .4
-Smartlink 1,000
-Low Light 1000
-Thermo 1000
-Vision Enhancement rating 3 (4,500)
-Vision Mag 1000
-Flare Comp 750

Weapons:
Ceramic Knife x10 750 Str/2+1
Survival Knife 50 Str/2+1, -1AP
Cougar Fineblade (Longblade) 900 (Str/2+2, -1AP)
Tamahawk x5, 750 (Str/2+2) Reach 1
Throwing Knife x20 400 Str/2+1
FN P93, W/ Elec firing, and top mount Smartlink(1250)
-200 normal rnds (400)
-5 spare clips (25)

Gear:
Armor Jacket (8/6) 900
Camo Suit (Brushland) 8/6 1200
-Thermal Dampening 5 (2,500)
Outdoor Survival Gear 100
Commlink (Erika Elite running Megadyne Diva) 3,300
-Firewall 6 3000
-Analyse 3 150
(Stats Response 3, Signal 4, Firewall 6, System 3)
Subvocal Mic 50

Fake SIN 4 4000
Fake Licence (Guns) 4 400
Fake Licence (Blades) 4 400

Thundercloud Morgan 7500
Low Lifestyle (1 mo.) 2000

Street Viking (Ork, Norse Fanboy with more nuyen.gif than sense. Wishes to become the embodiment of the modern Viking.)
Agl:4(6) Bod:7 Rea:4(6) Str:7(9) Chr:3 Int:3 Log:2 Will:3

Edge:2 Essense:1.68

Phys:12, Stun:10 Int:7 Passes:1(3)

Blades: 5(Viking Traditional+2)
Longarms: 4
Etiquette:3 (Norse+2)
Intimidation: 4 (Physical+2)
Group-Outdoors: 3
Pilot-Watercraft: 3
Perception:2

*Using Arsenal Rules, the Viking Traditional Specilization applies Large European swords and Axes

Knowledge:
Language: Norwegian 4
Language: English (N)
Trid Shows:2 (Action/Fantasy+2)
European History: 4 (Mideval Warriors +2)
European Literature: 1 (Norse+2)

Guts
Quick Healer
Mild Addiction-Alchahol
Incompetent-Hacking
SINner-Criminal

Contacts:
Armorer (specializing in weapons) Dealer 3/2

Cyber/Bio:
Reflex Recorder, Blades (10000).1
Reflex Recorder, Longarms (10000) .1
DataJack (500) .1
Alphaware Cybereyes Rating 3 2000 .32
-Smartlink 1000
-Low Light 1000
-Vision Mag 1000
-Thermo 1000

Weapons:
Combat Axe 600 (Str/2+4) AP-1, Reach 2
Viking Sword 350 (treat as sword) (Str/2+3) AP-1, Reach 1
Walther MA 2100 Sniper Rifle (5000)
-100 Rnds Ammo 200
-Spare Clips, 25

Gear:
Armor Jacket (8/6) 900
Helmet (+1/2) 100
Riot Shield (+2/6) 200
Outdoor Survival Gear 100

Novatech Airwire Runing Megadyne Diva, 2050
-Firewall 6 3000
-Analyse 3 150
Subvocal Mic 50

Fake SIN 4 4000

GAZ Pickup Truck
Mid Lifestyle (3 mo.) 15000
Nice idea. I was totally going to criticize your use of "Apachean" for the name of the language - I'd never heard it called anything other than "Apache" or "Southern Athabaskan" - but it turns out you're totally correct. I learned something new today!

One suggestion: there's, like, 15 ways in Shadowrun to reproduce the famed Norse berserkergang; might there be room for one of them on the Street Viking?
OneTrikPony
I have nothing to add ATM but...

YANK!

Consider these characters Stolen for my own personal use.

Exclent builds IMHO. Thank you very much and Scooby Snacks to you sir.
Marwynn
I like 'em both! Great ideas.

Would an Elven Ranger be too cliche? I mean technically they existed in SR's history in some form right?

Perhaps some sorta Mongol Go Ganger?
Degausser
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Oct 20 2009, 01:07 AM) *
I like 'em both! Great ideas.

Would an Elven Ranger be too cliche? I mean technically they existed in SR's history in some form right?

Perhaps some sorta Mongol Go Ganger?

I could stat up a Mongol Bowman, and make him an elf. The Mongolians had some AMAZING archers.

Hmmm, I'll see what I can find out.
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Oct 20 2009, 05:07 AM) *

Well, we were called Beastmasters, but hell yes. Blood Wood produced no shortage of them.
Degausser
As promised the "Elf Ranger." who is really a Mongolian Archer. Not so good with the outdoorsy stuff, but REALLY DAMN GOOD with a bow.
I know that no one can touch the Troll's damage with a bow, but the idea here was to get such a freakin' huge dice pool that the extra successes would rack up the damage, and with a DP of 20!!! when shooting that bow, chances are that the archer will hurt someone real bad.

Oh, and on a side note, funny little idea that I incorporated, that might not be clear. See, she has a Morgan, the little two-seater Street Legal Dune Buggy, where the second guy stands up? Know that one? Anyway, she has her pilot program drive for her whilst she shoots arrows and BADDA BING BADDA BOOM, 21st century horseback archery. Hilarious!

Street Archer (Mongolian style)
(Elf)
Agl:6(10) Bod:4 Rea:4(6) Str:5(7) Chr:3 Int:4 Log:2 Will:3
Edge:2 Essense:0.82

Phys:10, Stun:10 Int:8(10) Passes:1(3)

Archery: 6 (Bows +2)
Computer: 3
Unarmed Combat: 3
Pistols: 4
Perception: 1
Group-Outdoors: 2
Group-Athletics: 3

Knowledge:
Language-Sperethiel: Native
Language-English: 3 (Cityspeak+2)
Language-Mongolian: 3 (Ancient +2)
Mongolian Shamanism Religion: 3
European History: 2 (Mongolian+2)

Aptitude: Archery
Martial Arts: Wrestling +1 Subdual Combat
-Iaijutsu
Restricted Gear
Incompetent-Heavy Weapons
SINner-Criminal
Mild Allergy to Pollutants
Spirit Bane: Fire Spirits

Contacts:
Fixer Loyalty3/Connection3
Archaic Armorer Dealer 1/1

Cyber/Bio:
Muscle Toner Rating 4 (32,000) .8
Reflex Recorder-Archery (10000) .1
Reflex Recorder-Pistols (10000) .1
Datajack 500 .1
Alphaware Blood Circut Control System 30000 .8
Alphaware Skillwires Rating 2 6000 .48

Weapons:
Collapsable Bow (Str 7) (8 dmg) 875
-Laser Sight 100
-100 Normal Arrows 500
-100 Stick-and-shock heads 1300
-30 Hammerhead Arrows 150
-20 Incindiary heads 1100
Sakura Fubuki 2000
-Overhead Smartlink 400
-Personalized Grip 100
-100 rnds 200
-40 rnds Ex explosive 400
-Quick Draw Holster 100

Gear:
Armor Vest 8/6 900
Toolkit-Guns 500
Toolkit-Bows 500
Outdoor survival kit 100
-Firewall 6 3000
-Analyse 3 150
-Command 3 150
-Pilot 3 3000
(Stats Response 3, Signal 3, Firewall 6, System 3)
Subvocal Mic 50
Medkit Rating 6 600
Contacts 50
-Smartlink 500
-Vision Mag 100
-Image Link 25

Activesofts:
-Armorer 3 9000
-Pilot-groundcraft 3 9000

Gold Docwagon Contract (1 year) 25000

Fake SIN 4 4000
Fake Licence (Bows) 4 400

Thundercloud Morgan 7500
-Adapted for Rigging 2500
High Lifestyle (2 mo.) 20000
hobgoblin
i suspect the samurai title is more a holdover from the mirrorshades era of cyberpunk writing (and even then i think the title for the freelance operative was ronin).

basically its a catchall for a muscle man with a bit more sense of honor then a common thug that will beat up their own mother for a couple of nuyen (if you want that, the z-zones are full of gang members).

it may be as simple as not killing in cold blood (tho if the guard pulls out the lethal, its fair game), or as elaborate as bushido or something similar...

btw, i cant help wonder if the samurai have such attraction because it was a warrior system not unlike the european knight, that was still in operation several centuries (tho unraveling) after the european concept had transformed into the gentleman...
Degausser
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Oct 20 2009, 03:50 AM) *
i suspect the samurai title is more a holdover from the mirrorshades era of cyberpunk writing (and even then i think the title for the freelance operative was ronin).

basically its a catchall for a muscle man with a bit more sense of honor then a common thug that will beat up their own mother for a couple of nuyen (if you want that, the z-zones are full of gang members).

it may be as simple as not killing in cold blood (tho if the guard pulls out the lethal, its fair game), or as elaborate as bushido or something similar...

btw, i cant help wonder if the samurai have such attraction because it was a warrior system not unlike the european knight, that was still in operation several centuries (tho unraveling) after the european concept had transformed into the gentleman...

Yes, I know that there are a lot of "Heavily Cybered Individuals" that are called Street Sams even though they have no Samurai Motif. That's not the point. The point is that the book portrays it's street Sams as Samurai. The Sample character from SR3 was a Samurai wanabie, the sample character from SR4 is a Samurai poser . . . I was just thinking it would be fun to do it with other cultures and other ancient warriors. Like I said, just a fun little diversion.
Metapunk
Degausser I am writting this just to give you a pat on the back, and to say "damn a nice job with the stuff you are making atm, both these and the other thread with contacts"

one happy Metapunk
The Stray7
How about a Street Templar or Street Paladin?
Marwynn
I whipped up a rather excessive and not terribly balanced Elven Ranger. The concept is a dual-blade wielding, bow shooting badass. But with military armour and a fair knowledge of modern firepower.

Street Ranger

[ Spoiler ]
Borbag
now i'm imagining mongolian go-gangs with speed bikes, uzis, flamethrowers and bolas (bolasses? boli?)
as for samurais, they owe some of their fame due to the beauty that is the katana, a beautiful, elegant sword that can cut a 9 mm bullet. the wielder gets shot with two smaller bullets instead of one large one, and quality of the blade varies greatly, but that's besides my point smile.gif
i also plan to shamelessly steal these characters for my filthy selfish purposes.
btw, when someone says "street sam", i imagine an avarage-joe type of guy with tons of augmentations but none of them are out in the open. think of it as a "sleeper car", tricked out to the max but looks like an avarage stock car.
QUOTE (Degausser @ Oct 20 2009, 07:03 AM) *
As promised the "Elf Ranger." who is really a Mongolian Archer. Not so good with the outdoorsy stuff, but REALLY DAMN GOOD with a bow.

It's interesting that both "ranger" builds emphasized the weapons possibilities - ranged for yours, dual weapons for Marwynn - but de-emphasizes the "outdoorsy stuff." I don't know what it means, but it's interesting nevertheless!
Cheshyr
QUOTE (Borbag @ Oct 20 2009, 12:14 PM) *
...tricked out to the max but looks like an avarage stock car.

My troll street sam is about the size of an average stock car...
Karoline
QUOTE (Degausser @ Oct 20 2009, 01:09 AM) *
I could stat up a Mongol Bowman, and make him an elf. The Mongolians had some AMAZING archers.

Hmmm, I'll see what I can find out.

Mounted Archers = Why the Mongols took over most of the known world (Along with a dozen or more other reasons, all dealing with the Mongols in general or Genghis Khan in particular). You kind of left out the mounted part from your design. Maybe using a bike instead of a horse. That would be sweet. Maybe even talk your GM into some bonus damage for firing at someone as you speed past them.

Dakka Dakka
I'd go for ambidexterity instead of Off-Hand Training since this applies only to one melee weapon skill. Ambidexterity gets rid of the off hand penalty for all actions, including melee and ranged combat.

I'm not sure if investing your resources into one suit of MilSpec armor is such a good idea. Muscle toner 4 or MbW II seem a better investment IMHO

How can parts of a Suite be used and others new? Moreover new suites probably receive tighter scrutiny of most GMs than their parts.

What do you need the attention co-processor for? You could get the same effect by upgrading to rating 4 cybereyes and taking a third level of image enhancement.

When the ranger tries to be stealthy, why would he use vibroblades instead of monofilament swords? I know they are more powerful than the monoswords but the humming kinda negates the chameleon coating.

Otherwise a nice idea.
Karoline
Street Knight, Street Ninja, Street Fighter wink.gif Street Cowboy, Street Berserker, Street Ronin, Street Bladedancer, Street Gladiator. The list just goes on.
Cheshyr
My first attempt at troll street sam ended up playing like Marv from Sin City. Not a bad time...
Sponge
QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 20 2009, 11:42 AM) *
You kind of left out the mounted part from your design. Maybe using a bike instead of a horse.

Or convert the bike into a walker if you wanted to be really anachronistic wink.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (Sponge @ Oct 20 2009, 01:46 PM) *
Or convert the bike into a walker if you wanted to be really anachronistic wink.gif

Hmm... maybe just ride a steel lynx.
Marwynn
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Oct 20 2009, 12:47 PM) *
I'd go for ambidexterity instead of Off-Hand Training since this applies only to one melee weapon skill. Ambidexterity gets rid of the off hand penalty for all actions, including melee and ranged combat.

I'm not sure if investing your resources into one suit of MilSpec armor is such a good idea. Muscle toner 4 or MbW II seem a better investment IMHO

How can parts of a Suite be used and others new? Moreover new suites probably receive tighter scrutiny of most GMs than their parts.

What do you need the attention co-processor for? You could get the same effect by upgrading to rating 4 cybereyes and taking a third level of image enhancement.

When the ranger tries to be stealthy, why would he use vibroblades instead of monofilament swords? I know they are more powerful than the monoswords but the humming kinda negates the chameleon coating.

Otherwise a nice idea.

Thanks.

Ran out of points. I initially had Ambidextrous and Blind fighting but needed to squeeze out some BP.

The suit of Light Military Armour's not that expensive really. The 'ware comes pretty close. Keep in mind that it also boosts Strength by 3, allowing for the Str 10 bow. And it has a Gyromount in there too.

It's not really "used" so much as "budget". The attention co-processor's for hearing, sound, taste and sight and this factor's in the "alertness" if you will of a Ranger. The Wired Reflexes too are bulk/budget models, higher grade but mass produced. Only Bone Lacing isn't used because it's hard to justify that.

The vibroblades don't have to be turned on. Mono-fils are two handed are they not? And he can shoot someone with a bow if he wants to be really quiet.

It's a rough draft, I was kinda all over the place first. I did have the Outdoorsy part in there to start out with, even with Animal Empathy and so on. But it grew and grew into this. Will take a second crack at it when I have the time.
QUOTE (Sponge @ Oct 20 2009, 06:46 PM) *
QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 20 2009, 06:47 PM) *
Hmm... maybe just ride a steel lynx.

Or, you know, ride a horse. wink.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (3278 @ Oct 20 2009, 02:15 PM) *
Or, you know, ride a horse. wink.gif

Good luck finding one in the SR universe.
Page 299, SR4a. Page 291, SR4. Page 233, SR2. Page 190, SR1. [Either I'm an idiot, or SR3 left off all the mundane animals. Or both.]

Unless you were saying that for some reason, people wouldn't be breeding horses in Shadowrun, and that seems highly unlikely to me. Now, would you get some odd looks riding a horse around? Sure, but probably no odder than you'd look riding a motorcycle with legs. Would it be illegal in certain municipalities? Possibly; I'm aware of no canon ruling on the issue, perhaps unsurprisingly. Anyway, I know many people who still ride their horses into town to go to the store, and only some of them are Amish; the largest grocery store in the city I went to high school in still has a hitching post.

Your game may vary, but horses are still very much alive in my Shadowrun...although to be fair, I've never seen a runner riding one!
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Oct 20 2009, 08:04 PM) *
Ran out of points. I initially had Ambidextrous and Blind fighting but needed to squeeze out some BP.
OK. I'd remove the Heavy weapons and the Ares Alpha, since it's not central to the concept, and take ambidextrous. Two machine pistols or SMGs aren't that bad either.

The suit of Light Military Armour's not that expensive really. The 'ware comes pretty close. Keep in mind that it also boosts Strength by 3, allowing for the Str 10 bow. And it has a Gyromount in there too.
Using a weapon that is essentially legal and silent, kinda contradicts walking around in MilSpec Armor

It's not really "used" so much as "budget". The attention co-processor's for hearing, sound, taste and sight and this factor's in the "alertness" if you will of a Ranger.
Duh forgot about the other sense. then it is indeed fitting and a good deal.
The Wired Reflexes too are bulk/budget models, higher grade but mass produced. Only Bone Lacing isn't used because it's hard to justify that.
I thought by calling it Tir Ranger Cybersuite you wanted to get the cost and essence reduction of such ensembles.

The vibroblades don't have to be turned on.
But turned off they are very expensive clubs.
Mono-fils are two handed are they not?
Nope, one-handed.
And he can shoot someone with a bow if he wants to be really quiet.
True, but then I must ask, why you went the two-weapon fighting route.

It's a rough draft, I was kinda all over the place first. I did have the Outdoorsy part in there to start out with, even with Animal Empathy and so on. But it grew and grew into this. Will take a second crack at it when I have the time.
Some of the D&D Ranger stuff isn't possibnle anyway for a mundane, but a mystic adept could probably pull it off eventually.

Oh and settingwise wouldn't it be more appropriate, though less effective to take Carromeleg instead of Krav Maga?
pbangarth
QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 20 2009, 11:42 AM) *
Mounted Archers = Why the Mongols took over most of the known world (Along with a dozen or more other reasons, all dealing with the Mongols in general or Genghis Khan in particular). You kind of left out the mounted part from your design. Maybe using a bike instead of a horse. That would be sweet. Maybe even talk your GM into some bonus damage for firing at someone as you speed past them.

QUOTE (Degausser @ Oct 20 2009, 02:03 AM) *
Oh, and on a side note, funny little idea that I incorporated, that might not be clear. See, she has a Morgan, the little two-seater Street Legal Dune Buggy, where the second guy stands up? Know that one? Anyway, she has her pilot program drive for her whilst she shoots arrows and BADDA BING BADDA BOOM, 21st century horseback archery. Hilarious!
Degausser
For all of you talking about mounted archery and my Mongolian Bowman . . . TAKE A LOOK AT THE POST.

I had my Mongolian standing on the back of a Morgan 2-person ATV and shooting the bow whilst the pilot drove it. HOW IS THAT NOT MOUNTED ARCHERY? Okay, yes, not the most loyal to the idea of a mounted archer, but it is STILL a mounted archer.

Sorry, like, 5 people commented on it when I put a big explanation there in the beginning. Kinda . . . kinda steams me.
pbangarth
Beatcha by one minute, Degausser!
Marwynn
Umm no, a Vibroblade turned off is still a Vibroblade. It just loses its +2 DV. I could've sword the monofils were two-handed, like the katana.

I went two-weapon style because of the game that must not be mentioned: dual-wielding blades and bows. Carromeleg is rather lame. The two advantages he gets works out well enough, though Krav Maga isn't exactly an Elven martial art.

Oh, and the weapon may be legal and all but what he's doing isn't. And certainly if he chose to use Explosive Heads on the Arrows it'd be far less legal.

Yeah I'll probably take another pass at this later. Work out the kinks.
Karoline
QUOTE (3278 @ Oct 20 2009, 01:47 PM) *
Your game may vary, but horses are still very much alive in my Shadowrun...although to be fair, I've never seen a runner riding one!

Well, that is my biggest point. I'm sure they exist, but the general consensus for the game is that meat (and thus animals) is rare and expensive, as is real food. You would need to get hay or something else to feed the horse which would cost quite a bit, in addition to the hefty sum you'd already be paying for the horse. Then there is the 'easily killed' thing and the 'not stealthy' thing and the 'draws tons of attention' thing. So yeah, you could get a horse, I just meant that it would be difficult and offer many disadvantages.

And yeah, sorry, I missed the buggy (was just kinda skimming the post and didn't see a pilot skill). I still think a motorcycle would be more appropriate, but the buggy works too.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 20 2009, 03:00 PM) *
And yeah, sorry, I missed the buggy (was just kinda skimming the post and didn't see a pilot skill). I still think a motorcycle would be more appropriate, but the buggy works too.

Yeah, the form might be better with a motorcycle, but the four wheels correspond to the four legs, too.
Degausser
QUOTE (The Stray7 @ Oct 20 2009, 08:46 AM) *
How about a Street Templar or Street Paladin?

You got it!

Note to be Politically correct: The following backstory represents a crazy man, and does not represent how I feel about "normal (not insane) Christians." Take what you see as it is people, just a crazyman.

Insane Catholic Dwarf who believes he is on a 'mission from god' to clean up the world by cleaning up the shadows. Anyone who goes against him is a sinner and to be brought down. He views his movement in the shadows as akin to an angel going through hell to rid the universe of demons.
Street Knight
(Dwarf)

Agl:4(7) Bod:6(7) Rea:4(7) Str:7(10) Chr:2 Int:4 Log:2 Will:3

Edge:2 Essense:1.55

Phys:12, Stun:10 Int:8(11) Passes:1(3)

Blades: 5(Swords+2)
Pistols: 5
Etiquette:3 (Catholic+2)
Intimidation: 3
Group-Athletics: 4
Pilot-Groundcraft:2
Perception:1

Knowledge:
Language-English:N
Language-Latin:4
Christianity: 6 (Catholic+2)
European History:4(Catholic History+2)
Art:1 (Catholic art+2)

Restricted Gear (Superthyroid Gland)
Guts
High Pain Tollerance 2
Prejudice Non-Christians(Closet, Large Group)10 pts.
Incopetent-Shadowing
SINner-Criminal

Contacts:
Catholic Priest 2/1

Cyber/Bio:
Superthyroid Gland (45,000) .7
Reflex Recorder-Blades (10000) .1
Datajack (500) .1
Platelet Factories 25000 .2
Sleep Regulator 10000 .15

Weapons:
Sword 350 (Str/2+3) -1AP Reach 1
Ruger Thunderbolt 1150 (5p)(-1) (Smartlinked)
-Gas Vent 3 400
-100 Rnds 200
-50 rnds Ex-Explosive (500)
-5 spare clips 35

Gear:
Armor Jacket (8/6) 900
Helmet (+1/2) 100
-Fitted with Imagelink 25
-Fitted with Smartlink 500
Riot Shield (+2/6) 200

Rating 6 First Aid Kit 600

-Firewall 6 3000
-Analyse 3 150
Subvocal Mic 50

Fake SIN 4x2 4000
Fake Licencex2 (Guns) 4 400
Fake Licencex2 (Blades) 4 400

Harley Davidson Scorpion (12000)

Mid Lifestyle: 3 months
Seperate Low Lifestyle: 1 month

Also, while we are posting, Street Monk! Now, the Monk here is probably the weakest combatant I've made, only 12 dice for his melee combat abilities (boosted to 14 if he is using range and his staff) and not a heck of a lot of damage. However, he is also the most versitile. He has a MASSIVE dicepool when performing any athletics tests and he has the ability to use any close-combat weapon.

Normal Human who wishes to embody the Shaolin, but was unfortunately not born an adept. After getting various (questionably legal) mods for trying to imitate them, his SIN was tagged as a criminal. He is now forced underground, and is running the Shadows in a hope of finding a way out.
Street Monk
(Human)

Agl:5(7) Bod:4 Rea:4(6) Str:3(5) Chr:3 Int:4 Log:2 Will:3

Edge:3 Essense:1.5

Phys:10, Stun:10 Int:8(10) Passes:1(3)

Group-Athletics: 4
Group-Close Combat:4
Group-Influence:2
Automatics:3
First Aid:3

Knowledge:
Language-English:N
Language-Mandarin:4
Buddhism: 5 (Shaolin style+2)
Asian History: 4 (Ancient Chinese+2)
Philosophy: 2 (Shaolin+2)

Kung Fu x2 (+1 DV Unarmed attacks, +1 dice gymnastics Dodge)
-Kick Attack
Guts
Quick Healer
Toughness
Allergy-Mild to Pollutants
Incompetent-Gunnery
SINner-Criminal

Contacts:
Head of Small Shaolin Temple: 3/1

Cyber/Bio:
Reflex Recorder, Close Combat(25000).2
Reflex Recorder, Athletics (25000) .2
DataJack (500) .1
Synthacardium Rating 3 (30000) .3

Weapons:
Telescoping Staff 100 (Str/2+2 P)Reach 2
AZ Stun Baton 800 (7s elec)(-half AP)Reach 1
Sword 350 (Str/2+3) (-1AP) Reach 1
Colt Cobra z118 (Smartlinked) 650
-Gas Vent lvl 3 400
-100 rnds ammo 200

Gear:
Armor Jacket (8/6) 900

-Firewall 5 2500
-Analyse 3 150
Subvocal Mic 50
Contacts w/ Image Link, Smartlink

Fake SIN 4 4000

Low Lifestyle 2000
Doc Byte
I'm playing a heavy cybered (Essence 2.01) norse mage since 6 years, following Wise Warrior as Odin. I created a code of honor partly based on Klingon warriors as they were shown in DS9 "The Way of the Warrior". biggrin.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Oct 20 2009, 10:47 PM) *
I could've sword the monofils were two-handed, like the katana.

Both of those are one and half hand swords, can be fielded one handed, but using both hands gives +1DV(optional rule in arsenal)
Karoline
QUOTE (Mäx @ Oct 20 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Both of those are one and half hand swords, can be fielded one handed, but using both hands gives +1DV(optional rule in arsenal)

Yep
Monofi lament Sword: Th is well-balanced broadsword
features superfi ne monofi lament wire attached to its edges.
Marwynn
Oh really? Hmm I must've misread it then, I thought there was a damage penalty on going one-handed, not a bonus on two-handed. The monofils are better all-around it seems. Too bad the Vibrosword loses both the +2DV and -2 AP.

The second draft is making me want to outfit the Ranger with Monofilament Swords with an underbarrel Ingram Smartgun X, with Ambidextrous of course. With 32 bullets per clip and the Extended Clip mod to bring that to 40c, and underbarrel bringing that to 20c there's just enough in each gun to suppressive fire. Can even do so supressed.

Yeah they're just toys, but toys make the Sam.

Karoline
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Oct 20 2009, 11:00 PM) *
Monofilament Swords with an underbarrel Ingram Smartgun X

What?

Th is mod is generally only available for longarms, machine
guns, and assault cannons. It is also possible to install this system
into melee and other unconventional weapons—popular options
include single-shot weapons installed in parallel guns with
an under-barrel one-shot shotgun barrel and smart swords with
a small pistol in the hilt to fi re a bullet along the blade, etc

I don't think an Ingram Smartgun falls under the category of 'one shot weapon' or 'small pistol'
Marwynn
Popular options, but it's not a restriction. I place it fully under the 'etc' and leave it to the GM's discretion. Besides, gunblades wouldn't be an integral concept of the character, they can easily be tossed out or separated.

It does depend on the size though, and even if the Ingram Smartgun looks fairly compact it probably isn't. It's best to think of it as a generic SMG instead, but with those stats. Probably Barrel Reduction would be necessary and the folding stock would be gone of course; no recoil compensation but the Gas Vent 2.

EDIT: I'll probably stick to the good ol' Fichettis if I go that route.

But first I'm gonna take a crack at a "Spellblade": a Mystic Adept of sorts. Hmm... Going into Warcraft 3 here, but those High Elven Spellbreakers could be an interesting concept. High Counterspelling, Mana Static, Buffs, and so on.

Degausser I like those two new Street Knights and Monk, but why I don't get the Prejudice of the Knight against Non-Christians.

Whipping up a Paladin of sorts too. Ahh this is fun!
Marwynn
I have poured on the cheese as it were.

Street Ranger II

[ Spoiler ]
AngelisStorm
My favorite has always been the (Old American West) Gunslinger

... followed closely thereafter by Quigley. wink.gif

(And, while I do say the buggy is an inventive idea, I vote for a motorcycle. Mongols rode horses, not chariots. nyahnyah.gif)
Mäx
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Oct 21 2009, 07:00 AM) *
Oh really? Hmm I must've misread it then, I thought there was a damage penalty on going one-handed, not a bonus on two-handed.

Thats for using twohanded(reach 2) melee weapons with one hand, like claymore and nodachi.
Degausser
QUOTE (AngelisStorm @ Oct 21 2009, 08:01 AM) *
My favorite has always been the (Old American West) Gunslinger

Ask and ye shall recieve

Street Gunslinger (Wild West Style)

Agl:5(7) Bod:4 Rea:5(7) Str:4(6) Chr:3 Int:3 Log:2 Will:2
Edge:2 Essense:1.68

Phys:10, Stun:9 Int:7 Passes:1(3)

Pistols: 5(Revolvers +2)
Longarms: 4
Group-Athletics:3
Group-Outdoors:3
Pilot-Groundcraft:1 (Bike+2)
Blades:2 (Knives+2)
Intimidation:3
Negotiation:2 (Bargaining+2)
Perception: 1
Armorer:1 (Firearms+2)

Knowledge:
Language: Sioux 4
Language: English (N)
Weapons Design: 3 (Pistols+2)
Criminal Law:4
North American History:5 (Wild West era+2)

High Pain Tolerance 1
Guts
Quick Healer
Addiction-Mild (Alchahol)
Incompetent-Hacking
SINner-Criminal

Contacts:
Sioux Specops Survivalist 2/2

Cyber/Bio:
Reflex Recorder, Pistols (10000).1
Reflex Recorder, Longarms (10000) .1
DataJack (500) .1
Alphaware Cybereyes Rating 3 2000 .32
-Smartlink 1000
-Low Light 1000
-Vision Mag 1000
-Thermo 1000

Weapons:
Survival Knife 50 (Str/2+1) -1AP
Cougar Fineblade 800 Longknife (Str/2+2) -1ap
Cavalier Deputy (smartlinked)450
-100 rnds 200
-50 EX explosive 500
-4 Speed Loaders 100
-Quick Draw Holster 100
-Personalized Grip 100
Ruger Super Warhawk (Smartlinked)500
-Firing selection change, SA (2250)
-100 rnds 200
-50 EX explosive 500
-4 Speed Loaders 100
-Quick Draw Holster 100
-Personalized Grip 100
Defiance T250 Shotgun (Smartlink)950
-50 rnds 100
Ruger 100 Sport Rifle 900
-Overbarrel Smartlink 400
-50 rnds 100

Gear:
Armor Jacket (8/6) 900
-Firewall 6 3000
-Analyse 3 150
Subvocal Mic 50

Weapons Shop 5000
Survival Kit 100
First Aid Kit 600

Fake SIN 4 4000

Evo (Treaded Motorcycle)
Smuggling Compartment x2 (Rifle, Shotgun)
Mid Lifestyle (1 mo.) 5000

And, Just for fun:
Street Musketeer

Agl:5(7) Bod:4 Rea:4(6) Str:5(7) Chr:3 Int:3 Log:2 Will:2
Edge:3 Essense:1.6

Phys:10, Stun:9 Int:7(9) Passes:1(3)

Blades:5 (French Fencing+2)
Longarms:5
Group-Athletics:3
Group-Influence:3
Pilot-Groundcraft:2 (Bikes+2)
Perception:2
Armorer:2
Unarmed Combat:3

*Using Arsenal Rules, the French Fencing Spec refers to 1 handed swords and parying daggers

Knowledge:
Language-Japanese:N
Language-English: 3(Cityspeak+2)
Language-French:3
Renesance History: 2(French+2)
Fencing:3
Fine Wines:2

Guts
High Pain Tollerance 2
Savate (+1 to charge attacks)
-Two-weapon fighting
Mild Addiction: Alchahol (Wine)
Incompetent-Gunnery
Mild allergy to common food
SINner-Citizen

Contacts:
French Historian 2/1

Cyber/Bio:
Reflex Recorder-Blades (10000) .1
Reflex Recorder-Longarms (10000).1
Sythacardium lvl 3 (30000) .3
Platelet Factories (25000) .2
Datajack (500) .1
Alphaware Cybereyes rating 3 3000 .4
-Smartlink 1000
-Low Light 1000
-Thermo 1000
-Vision Enhancement lvl 3 4500
-Vison Mag 1000
-Flare Comp 750

Weapons:
Ceramic Knife 150 (Str/2+1)
Rapier 550 (Str/2+2) -1AP, Reach 1
Cougar Fineblade Knife 800 (Str/2+2,) -1AP
Defiance T250 Shotgun 950(Sawnoff, Smartlinked)
-50 rnds (100)
Ruger 100 sport rifle (900)
-Top mounted Smartlink (400)
-100 Rnds (200)
-50 Ex-Explosive rounds (500)

Gear:
Armor Jacket (8/6) 900
Commlink (Novatech Airwire running Megadyne Diva) 2050
-Firewall 6 3000
-Analyse 3 150
Subvocal Mic 50
Earbuds with Audion Enhancement rating 3 310
-Spation Reorginizer 100

Gun kit 500
Blades Kit 500
Rating 6 Medical Kit 600

Fake SIN 4 4000

EVO Falcon, Treaded Motorcycle (10000)
-Smuggling Compartment x3 (Rifle, Shotgun, Rapier) 4500
Mid Lifestyle ( mo.) 500
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (AngelisStorm @ Oct 21 2009, 02:01 PM) *
Isn't that a sniper minus the camouflage clothing? Mustache mandatory grinbig.gif

@Street Musketeer: Wouldn't a street sweeper be more fitting?
Degausser
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Oct 21 2009, 08:17 PM) *
Isn't that a sniper minus the camouflage clothing? Mustache mandatory grinbig.gif

@Street Musketeer: Wouldn't a street sweeper be more fitting?

I suppose it's all at how you look at it. Sure, the Street Sweeper loads like a musket, but that's where the similarities end. Muskets weren't shotguns, and they were actually pretty accurate (for their time) making it more akin a rifle, IMHO. And remember, these guys are supposed to be 21st century interpretations. The Apache didn't have SMGs, and Knights didn't have pistols, but it works out because that's what they would have if operating in 2071.

I suppose I could have gotten rid of the Musketeers T250 for a Street Sweeper . . . but really, who in their right mind would get a street Sweeper over ANYTHING ELSE. Those guns just suck.
Tachi
QUOTE (AngelisStorm @ Oct 21 2009, 07:01 AM) *

QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Oct 21 2009, 07:17 PM) *

Not necessarily, remember, he said, "I said I don't have much use for a pistol, I never said I didn't know how to use one." Or something like that. biggrin.gif
Karoline
As a point of interest for keeping the thread a bit easier to move through, would people mine spoilering the characters?
Sponge
QUOTE (Degausser @ Oct 21 2009, 05:56 PM) *
Street Musketeer
[...]
Alphaware Cybereyes rating 3 3000 .4
-Smartlink 1000
-Low Light 1000
-Thermo 1000
-Vision Enhancement lvl 3 4500
-Vison Mag 1000
-Flare Comp 750

Your eyeware mods need to be alpha-quality as well (2x price) to go into the alpha-quality cybereyes.
Marwynn
Was working on a Tomahawk Thrower but that wasn't really an ancient warrior archetype no?

Question: Are these "street" characters simply mundanes emulating a role, so that they can be applied to almost anyone with the nuyen and the will? Or are they characters that can be Awakened or Emerged.

I ask before I take a crack at a Paladin (fantasy style since the real Paladins were nothing like).
Degausser
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Oct 22 2009, 01:15 PM) *
Was working on a Tomahawk Thrower but that wasn't really an ancient warrior archetype no?

Question: Are these "street" characters simply mundanes emulating a role, so that they can be applied to almost anyone with the nuyen and the will? Or are they characters that can be Awakened or Emerged.

I ask before I take a crack at a Paladin (fantasy style since the real Paladins were nothing like).

The original idea behind the thread was to replace "Street Samurai" with "Street (insert other ancient warrior here)" That said, there is no one stopping you. Feel free if you want to, just make sure you label it so no one jumps down your throat.

Also, see my "Street Apache," the first guy I posted in the original post, he was pretty darn good at throwing Tomahawks. (15 dice IIRC)

Also, see my "Street Knight," for a guy that represents a "normal" paladin/knight.

@dude who caught my mistake regarding eye mods: Aw, crap, I've been doing that wrong all along! How could I forget that!? Oh well, no one is at .1 essence, so just turn the alphaware eyes into normal eyes and subtract either .1 essence or .08 essence from everyone's current essence
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012