Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun Diversions-Street "Sams"
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Degausser
The Italian Street Fencer!

[ Spoiler ]

Also, if anyone has any suggestions, I am willing to try. I am going to do the Roman "Street Legionere" next, but after that I am drawing a blank.
Sixgun_Sage
How about a Boxer? For centuries the manly art of fisticuffs was considered a gentleman's sport, with it's own code of conduct and a sufficiently idealistic chromed out toughman might see relying on his body, instead of weapons, in close combat as a point of honor.
X-Kalibur
Given the talk of the monofilament sword (surprised the whip hasn't come up yet) this needs to be said.

"Monofilament? Monofilament?? My shoelace is monofilament, you don't see me lopping off some fragger's head with it"

(not Verbatim, I don't have my Street Sam Cat with me)
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Oct 22 2009, 06:24 PM) *
Given the talk of the monofilament sword (surprised the whip hasn't come up yet) this needs to be said.

"Monofilament? Monofilament?? My shoelace is monofilament, you don't see me lopping off some fragger's head with it"

(not Verbatim, I don't have my Street Sam Cat with me)

True, but it never hurts to try... if it doesn't work, you can always choke the poor slot.
Marwynn
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Oct 22 2009, 05:15 PM) *
How about a Boxer? For centuries the manly art of fisticuffs was considered a gentleman's sport, with it's own code of conduct and a sufficiently idealistic chromed out toughman might see relying on his body, instead of weapons, in close combat as a point of honor.

I was thinking about an Ork gentleman boxer, circa 1920s, myself, with a handlebar mustache. Perhaps two obvious cyberlimbs...
tisoz
QUOTE (3278 @ Oct 20 2009, 02:47 PM) *
Page 299, SR4a. Page 291, SR4. Page 233, SR2. Page 190, SR1. [Either I'm an idiot, or SR3 left off all the mundane animals. Or both.]

Forgive me if this has been clarified, but the mundane animals wound up in Critters, with many of the awakened animals.
Degausser
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Oct 22 2009, 06:52 PM) *
I was thinking about an Ork gentleman boxer, circa 1920s, myself, with a handlebar mustache. Perhaps two obvious cyberlimbs...

Done and Done. He even has a backstory! Born as a citizen under EVO rule, he was experimented upon as a child, with EVO treating him as a slave and injecting nasty genetic guk into his arms. When he was about ten, his mother managed to free him and herself through a series of bribes, company bureaucratic loopholes, and good old-fasioned lying. The two moved to England. There, the young boy was facinated by the ancient British Empire, and did his best to emulate it. Eventually, his arms got too messed up to continue working, and he attached cyberlimbs for pugilism.
[ Spoiler ]

Also, for good measure, the Street Spartan!
[ Spoiler ]

Degausser
What, everyone wants me to make the c. 1920 Ork English Boxer, then when I do no one cares???

Poor form! POOOOOR FORM!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Degausser @ Oct 23 2009, 04:22 PM) *
What, everyone wants me to make the c. 1920 Ork English Boxer, then when I do no one cares???

Poor form! POOOOOR FORM!

Hey, I Like both the Boxer and the Spartan... Interesting they are...

Keep the Faith
MusicMan
You do know that unarmed combat and knife fighting skills were highly integral to Western Martial arts through the 18th century? Boxing, wrestling, and savate? Also, the Templar were militant monastics...

I might have to come back and play with the Templar and Fencer concepts, just to satisfy my hyper-obsessive infatuation with that era of history...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (MusicMan @ Oct 24 2009, 08:38 AM) *
You do know that unarmed combat and knife fighting skills were highly integral to Western Martial arts through the 18th century? Boxing, wrestling, and savate? Also, the Templar were militant monastics...

I might have to come back and play with the Templar and Fencer concepts, just to satisfy my hyper-obsessive infatuation with that era of history...

Good Luck

Keep the Faith
Degausser
QUOTE (MusicMan @ Oct 24 2009, 11:38 AM) *

That's why I made the musketeer, page 2. He has martial arts (Savate) and the blades skill with the specialization in Fencing Blades (A.K.A. the Rapier and long knives.)
Red-ROM
What about a greko roman wrestler?
Degausser
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 24 2009, 11:32 PM) *
What about a greko roman wrestler?

Nope, nope, too much Will Farrel-in-"Lady's Man" jokes to even consider a build for that.
Red-ROM
hey, theres nothing wrong with two men grabbing each other, smelling their sweat as you.....oh , i see
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 25 2009, 06:13 AM) *
hey, theres nothing wrong with two men grabbing each other, smelling their sweat as you.....oh , i see

Yeah Well...

Keep the Faith
Sixgun_Sage
The boxer was superbly done, though now I must use it on my players...
Sponge
QUOTE (Degausser @ Oct 23 2009, 05:22 PM) *
What, everyone wants me to make the c. 1920 Ork English Boxer, then when I do no one cares?

I noticed he has a prejudice against people without Etiquette, but doesn't have it himself either spin.gif
Degausser
QUOTE (Sponge @ Oct 26 2009, 12:46 PM) *
I noticed he has a prejudice against people without Etiquette, but doesn't have it himself either spin.gif

Snip

Unarmed Combat: 6
Group-Athletics:3
Group-Influence:4
Pilot-Groundcraft:2
Perception:1
Pistols:2 (Heavy Pistols+2)

Snip
Sponge
Ah brain fart - didn't make the connection with the influence group on a quick read smile.gif
Kerenshara
Y'know, to address the very first sentiment of the OP, I can't really think of a single "Street Sam" who, in PnP RP or fiction I have read, actually espoused the full tennets of Bushido. Heck, it'd be more accurate to call most of them "Street Ronin" if you're using the derogatory Japanese connotation rather than the literal translation of the word "Ronin".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012